Hi Cred Forums

Hi Cred Forums

Should I wait for the 13' Macbook Pro coming in October? It's supposedly going to have USB-C and some kind of OLED bar.

If not, what are best alternatives at the pricepoint? Thanks lads.

>lads

I don't give advice to redditors.

Thanks anyway, cunt.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Having a high res display will already drain you miniscule non-replaceable battery well enough on its own.

Do most computers even have physical volume buttons anymore

>macbook

I don't give advice to applefags.

Xps 13

>13'
That is one big ass laptop.

install gentoo

im in the same boat. not too excited about the possible retarded model they will likely produce, and also do not want to buy a 2 year old computer model. prob will end up saying fuck it and buying the new model (which will probably have one C port because "professionals dont ever need to connect an external to transfer a file and charge at the same time" seems to be the way they are shooting from the hip these days and its my money and i do what i want with it. god i just want an updated macbook pro with a couple reasonable ports on one side and a headphone jack/charger on the other since this is supposed to be the heavy hitter workhorse in their laptop line and yet that is STILL an up in the air kind of issue.

Buy an xps 13 if you want to do more than browse facebook.

If it actually comes out in October, why not just wait and see how it looks?

But I don't like shitty batteries that lose their charge after 300 charge cycles.

Fuck you reddit fag

If the new MacBook Pro has the same keyboard as the new retina MacBook, the current MacBook pros will be the last ones worth buying.

You are making a bold assumption that this is coming in October.

Wait until about februrary 2017. No high end computer is worth it at the time of this writing. Everyone waiting for kaby and refreshes, and the price point of the laptops soon to be replaced by new models in january / q4 are still same as 6-9 months ago and will be highly rebated around xmas time anyway.

Its not worth it to invest atm.

>stupidest thing EVER OMG amirite?
you people are easy to impress.
also, that's why I get 9 h with mid usage, 11 with light usage, with the 15" rmbp? because a minuscule battery?

>non-replaceable is actually shit, but having in mind I buy one every 4-5 years it won't be a problem.

I use a brand new 15" rMBP at work and you are talking complete shit. Actually use it and you'll be lucky to hit 7 hours and I've never had the battery last more than 9

Dell xps

Why do you need a laptop to go longer than 4-5 hours?
I have an extremely old laptop and it only goes about 1 hour if I'm doing stuff on it, I just take my charger with me to uni and there's no problem.

>Why do you need a laptop to go longer than 4-5 hours?

The exact same reason I want my phone to go longer than 4-5 hours?

>ifixit deconstruction comes out
>case is glued together now
>ram is physically part of the board now, not just soldered dimms
>hdd no longer functions on a software level, a 128GB cache drive now acts as a buffer for iCloud storage
>battery is now sandwiched between two logic boards
>that are glued together
>glass keyboard keys

nigga I have a late 2013 13" rMBP and regularly get 10+ hours out of it. When I turn down the brightness and turn off the keyboard lights and everything I have managed to pull 16 hours out of it with light usage (slack, xcode, and safari). It's over 3 years old now and the battery still is like the day I bought it. Pic related.

>Should I wait for the 13' Macbook Pro coming in October?

odds are you won't get it before december. unannounced hardware plus new form factor plus really old hardware means that pre-orders will be huge.

apple surveying customers this month about whether they use the headphone jack and other ports is a bad sign. you'll be forced to dongle up, and if it was about the next form factor, it means that things aren't ready yet.

>asking about macs on Cred Forums
anyway you should definitely wait. everything is long in the tooth

Xiaomi Notebook Air 13.3"

Stick with an older MacBook, apple lowers the price when it's replacement comes out, removable batterythose things stay relevant for years after they are released, I'm poor as fuck and use a 2010 MacBook Air I got for free and that thing still runs flawlessly. Not to mention, apple screwed themselves with the now MacBooks fragmented battery design for "lightness". And my personal reason being I like the light up logo lol.

Thought I'd ask in this thread, is an Apple Macbook Pro 13" 2011 Intel i7 CORE 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM 750GB for £500 a good deal?

>hdd no longer functions on a software level, a 128GB cache drive now acts as a buffer for iCloud storage
kekking