Advertisements are immoral. You should be using ad block

Advertisements are immoral. You should be using ad block.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=test rating:safe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_mathematics
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
s.4cdn.org/image/contest_banners/7dc45c647fecf9f312395a07c22babd52752dfaf.gif
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Debatable.

>using a browser plugin
I block them at the router.

That's objectively worse as it blocks less and does not fix up page layout.

This is not an “ad-blocker,” this is surveillance protection.

what is there to debate?

uBlock + UMatrix , remove conflicting lists , add global rule to block cookies and scripts by default and you're golden.

gorhill is amazing.

You can debate whether advertisement is moral or not.

I am

>throwing shit at you with hopes of infecting you mind with certain thoughts
it's immoral

Fpbp

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising
>there's you're immorality people

Yeah man, people shouldn't get paid for the work they do in the only way the Internet currently allows for aside from shit like Patreon.

you can still sell things and be paid without advertising

If you click on ads, you pretty much deserve malware. Although I don't remember the last time I saw an ad for malware before a youtube video.

I came across this a few days ago.

that is what extensions are for

That really isn't enough for online journalism to continue, along with a bunch of other things like video services.

I use Opera so I don't need it since it has a built in adblocker.

*Chropera

why do you even consider advertising and marketing in a broader sense as immoral? genuinely interested because it's a founding block of the internet as we know it today. Is the freedom to advertise moral?

This is an advertisement for an adblocker. Block it.

>Hiding ads is moral.

>That really isn't enough for online journalism to continue
oh no, how will we ever survive

>online journalism
you misspelled "blogging"

Imagine a world without such amazing ad supported sites as cracked and gemergeightchan

We'd have nothing but paid sites like somethingawful and Cred Forums, and, ugh, professional journalism outlets that don't constantly blame da jews/feminism/patriarchy/shitlords

horrible

not immoral ,they just got to the point as being comparable to malware some years ago. Or being malware in some cases. If they were just unclickable banners with no way to redirect you to a site unless you right click it and select something that will ask you politely if you want to be redirected to the advertised site, and not forcing you to watch ads before you get to your content, i would never use adblock at all.

Yeah, if ads disappeared entirely netflix would die

or charge a fee

Imagine how horrible that would be. Paying, instead of being constantly interrupted by ads. It's almost like cable TV without the greed.

>in your dreams
>they'd just make you pay AND show you ads, and then revoke your access if you couldn't prove you watched them, for maximum profits

use a subscription-based model and sell merchandise. If you can't do that, go work at mcdonalds with your fuckup life

>online journalism is worth protecting

advertiser subsidized media accomplishes two things:

1) Has the media which is subsidized by the advertiser conform to the wishes of the advertiser (hence, whats been going on with youtube lately and whats been going on with newspapers since the early 20th century). Newspaper reporters who write "fair and balanced" stories on businesses and corruption receive more access to power, more prestige and, most importantly, more to lose.

2) Ensures the death of non-advertiser supported media, since such non-advertiser supported media must recoup their costs through subscriptions alone. This also allows advertiser supported media to scale. This scaling inevitably results in consolidation and conglomeration. And so now we're at the point where there are just SIX major media organizations which control everything from Comedy Central to the Fox News.

Advertiser controlled media has sanitized public discussion of anything remotely uncomfortable or controversial - anything which interferes with the penetration of the ad into the consumer's psyche. It has simultaneously retarded and infantilized the American population, who are completely unaware of what their own government does abroad and even what their government does domestically. There's a reason Snowden didn't send his materials to CBS.

Advertiser-controlled media has allowed both Clinton and Trump to have a shot as becoming president of the US, through blatant shilling for Hillary and through constant coverage of Trump in the pursuit of ratings and revenues.

They are a disaster and need to be destroyed. They are killing this country. Celebrity obsession, phony and scripted interviews, constant advertisement - burn it all down.

>x is immoral
if youve ever said this youre retarded
your beliefs arent objective facts faggot
i avoid ads because i dont want psychologist designed mind probes near me but that doesnt make them morally wrong

Umatrix vs Request poilcy + noscript?

Morality can be objective, you edgy dumb cunt.

unlock origin is bloated garbage that tracks you

Fucking Wipr for Safari is 10x better than UO. But then Safari itself is way better than fucking shit ass chrome anyway

who cares about morality

I block ads because I don't like looking at them.

*citation needed

t. neckbeard without friends

lol look at this weirdo freak, nobody listen to this dumb edgelord autist with small man syndrome

"i'm a cool rebel" - fucking loser lmao

>he doesn't care about celebs
get laid you virgin.

t. not cia psyops

>Morality can be objective
now you're just baiting

Your mother regrets not beliving in abortion prior to your birth.

It's only a bait in the "minds" of people with no cognition like you.

anything can be debated. that's a meaningless statement.

(You)

>morality
>objective
>a humanly invented rule of behaviour is somehow "objective"

ignoring all arguements about morality, how is it not considered criminal to bypass adblockers?

if someone puts in the effort to prevent all advertisements from appearing on their monitor they have created a protected system. if you run a site which bypasses this protection and inserts ads you are clearly violating the computer fraud and abuse act

You're projecting. It's the reclusive misanthropic and pretentious dumbfucks that believe there is no such thing as objective morality.

Mathematics is also invented by humanity and yet it's objective.

Lookup what objective means before debating something that's clearly above your mental capacity.

The validity of morality is not objective, but with some convoluted thought, whether or not something is a moral action or not can be, with your own special snowflake definition of what it is to be moral.

>no ad blocker can block the ads on gelbooru
Tell me if you get ads on this: gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=test rating:safe

Morality can be as objective as religion, it's just not. Personal beliefs cannot be objective. Different civilisations have different moral standards, while math is universal. Try to think outside your ass before saying things that aren't true.

>special snowflake definition of what it is to be moral

Over 2000 years of philosophy is far from special snowflake.

>some convoluted thought
This is a response by people who have a hard time understanding things because they either lack the itnellect or dive in a philosophical treatise without learning the technical words first or doing some background reading.

sorry lads boorus are gov't blocked here and I'll get on a list

>Personal beliefs cannot be objective.

Good thing objective morality like utilitarianism, value ethics or deontology isn't based on feelings.

>Different civilisations have different moral standards
Yet all consider unlawful killing to be wrong, for example. And even if they had all completely different standards, that doesn't mean morality is subjective. It's a fallacy to claim if all claim something different, then nothing is true.

>while math is universal.

When people understand it and agree on it. There are debates regarding math. For fuck's sake, read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_mathematics Using your own shitty reasoning, math isn't objective.

>Try to think outside your ass before saying things that aren't true.
That's funny coming from an idiot who fails to grasps simple concepts.

Well good thing I use uBlock Origin cause it only hides the ads and supports content creators

NOPE

>extension that's supposed to block certain data on websites
>don't want it to read data on websites

wew lad

>shilling this hard for his literal botnet program

I can only give this bait 4/10 but try me tomorrow

How much are they paying you for the browsing history data?

Advertisements keeps content free. It keeps the internet alive.

They also keep it strongly biased.

>website that advertises product X has a review of product X
>gets good to great scores
every time

Maybe you should stop visiting websites with advertisements if you think it's o so immoral.

lel

uBlock + uMatrix = WIN

how do I use umatrix?

Ads have been good to me. They let me work on projects that I love without going broke paying for servers. I've tried asking for donations and selling pro accounts but the money was terrible.

disable javascript in your daily browser and boom suddenly you can only be advertise by old school gif banners
only use javascript for specific tasks you may need it for
your life quality will improve

I've tried that but half the websites I visit don't work without JS

So use NoScript

>looking at pictures and words on the internet generates money for someone else
really makes you think

you do realize that netflix does charge and has no ads right?

So uBlock Origin is superior to Adblock Plus? Does it block more or is it easier to use? I'm probably going to switch to that and try it with uMatrix if it is that much better.

noscript breaks things just as bad, the only solution is to contact the web developers so they can understand the problem and maybe dedicate resources to make the page html usable.
there needs to be a shift in mentality so as not to use javascript for every shitty thing that could be done in html
this doesnt help webapps that rely on javascript but you would activate it for them if you really want them

Are you saying that, without being paid, people will refuse to produce content? Most of the Internet would like to have a chat with you.

>morality is invented by humans, therefore it is subjective
>math is invented by humans, therefore it is subjective
>you can redefine 2 + 2 to be 3 just because you feel like it
really makes you think...

NoScript is what you use to not break things. You enable only the scripts you need to make the site functional.

you'd have to click on 4-5 elements on each page to make them usable. I've tried it, it sucks

And once you use it for a week all the sites you regularly browse are set. It's not like you need to manually enable scripts every time you visit any site.

>He thinks an endless number of 8th grade piano recitals is in some way analogous to professionals being able to continue to refine their craft

(((professionals)))

>Online Journalism
Current Year man is right. It's the hard copy journalists that really matter. Not (((Online Journalist)))
If you want to support Journalism, buy a newspaper.

Cred Forumstarding this hard

They are immoral. I stopped watching cable tv because the internet didn't have ads. Sure, we had a metric shit ton of popups, but not even 1990s tier ads had the gall to pause your video and force you to watch a two minute ad and have no way to close out of it.

I walk out of the house and the first thing I see is shit plastered everywhere. Drive down the road at night and people have their ad signs brightness cranked up so much it causes physical pain in my eyes.

Im tired of every send of my existence being used to try to sell me stuff. Im here to enjoy a life, not be some marketing target. Its gotten to the point that ever search you type in, ever email thats sent to you, every it you buy is processed into a profile on JUST YOU. That profile is attached to you everywhere you go and used to target even more ads to you.
Why is facebook running scripts on half of the sites you go to? How do you think that jew has $55 BILLION dollars? In 2016 you are not even a person anymore, you are just another product to be bought and sold like cattle.

I didnt agree to any of this, and these marketing merchants and their lawyers can suck my balls. Im going to live a clean and unpolluted existence free from the trash they plaster over everything.

So much this.

>people actually think they deserve to get paid for their hobby
Found the youtube poster.

>muh Cred Forums boogieman

No I am not saying that. I'm saying that free sites like youtube or Cred Forums could not exist because it would be too expensive to maintain without ads.

user what are you trying to do to fight these invasion of privacy

I think you raise a good point about youtube and Cred Forums not existing without advertising. However, advertisements on both Youtube and Cred Forums (moreso on Cred Forums than on Youtube) are usually tasteful (per the site's theme), unobtrusive, redundant, irritating, malware-ridden, and bandwidth-heavy.

Most sites that use advertising shove it in the user's face, and the user is simply sick of it. I think these sites deserve to go out of business.

I do believe that other websites can survive without advertising. The reason why advertising on the web has stuck around for as long as it has is that it has been tolerated fairly well up to this point. And I'm sure other vectors of profit are being developed. I doubt paywalls are in the Internet's future.

Still, much of the Internet's content, before the megaliths like Youtube and Facebook, was produced by unpaid hobbyists who simply enjoyed doing and sharing what they loved.

FUCK ADVERTISEMENTS

I block all kinds of shit. Whever I see adds I block them.
Im moving to a private email server so jewgle cant read my shit, dont sue social media. Facebook is blocked at multiple levels. I usually browse the web with a proxy of some form or another, I like vpn but the problem with that is the encryption makes files larger, not sure by how much but I have an issue with bandwidth caps.

As for the real life spam, I don't have a good answer to that yet. I keep meaning to contact the people with the bright ass signs and see if they will turn them down, if not Ill have to look for stuff in the city code or write government people or some shit to get new ones made. Nothing will probably come of it though.

There does need to be something done about all the real life spam though, its getting dangerous.
Where I life an billboard company advertises the empty space with some crosseeyed alien looking person playing on the fact that anomalies draw attention. It has the caption "made you look". In my area, there is alot of hills, a shit ton of trees, and nonstop blind turns most of which are on hills and have a steep drop off on the other side. One of these "made you look" billboards is on one of these blind turns at almost road level (due to being placed a the bottom of the drop off and raising up to meet the road level of the hill). I will say that the land underneath has been cleared, but the drop is likely to fuck up a car or give an old lady a heart attack. I'm always waiting on some incompetent fuck to go flying off the hill because of that sign.

no it cant. the systems you listed are systems of morals that have 'objective' truths relative to only themselves. to compare moral belief systems to mathematics is just plain retarded /x/ tier shit

There should be more sites with an option to hide ads with a close button and if people still block their ads, they should lock their content. People will see the ad and people won't need to use adblockers because they don't have to see distracting adverts. That's fair, people don't have to look at ads, advertisers get their product shown and the website gets money.

Debate over

except not every avoids ads just because theyre annoying. i avoid them because theyre literal brainwashing tools

I use an ad blocker, but ads are not immoral. I don't know what kind of tin-foil hat wearing psychopath you'd have to be to believe ads are somehow "immoral".

Been thinking recently that advertising should just be very heavily regulated (e.g. like they do with cigarette packs in some countries, only low contrast basic font text, only dry facts, no images) and also removed from public space (some town in brazil did this IIRC). I really don't get why so many people tolerate it.

Mathematics is not a rule of behaviour.

>really makes you think...
Actually there is a minority of people who oppose mathematical platonism.

>protecting yourself from potential viruses are bad
THIS JUST IN ARE CONDOMS GETTING BAANNED? TUNE IN AT NINE TO FIND OUT MORE!

you actually tolerate this garbage? they're a cancer on society and the entire purpose of them is just to get people to consume more stuff. there's no way to escape them since ads are all over cities, fields, and in homes. people grow up seeing them all over the place and think it's normal when in reality it's completely unnatural

Yes, you want people to buy your stuff. So you advertise. How the fuck else are they going to know that you even exist? How stupid do you have to be?

>graffiti is a immoral and illegal practice
>ads are totally good for you goyum
i hate this world

A few weeks ago I was at a student club meet, and we were installing eclipse and tomcat to run an application server on our laptops. I had to help a few people install ublock origin because the fucking eclipse website had malvertising. What the fuck.

google's not even letting me post my hot opinions ;_;

>That really isn't enough for online journalism to continue
The problem being?

>that feel when no IRL adblock

maybe with augmented reality?

>haha this guy has "tracking protection" enabled in his browser
>better get this paedophile on our list

Well Vermont has no billboards, that's a start

they passed a law?

that's neat

zentenials dont need an adblock
they are immune to ads genetically

Your face is immoral. You should use a paper bag.

We need those They Live glasses stat

Yeah, in 1968

Why aren't you using legacy captcha you dip?

>uBlock Origin
>Set 'Block media elements larger than' to 0 kB
>it still sends a request for each media element to check their sizes before deciding whether or not to block when the answer will always be yes
Dropped

hey, I live there

Advertising exists solely to manipulate, to make you do or think something you otherwise wouldn't have.
It works whether you actively pay attention to it or not. Studies have shown crazy scary shit like the more times you see a logo, regardless of context, the more likely your opinion of said logo"s company will be favorable.
There may have been a time in the distant past when the retarded `how else would I know what exists' maym would have been relevant - Fortunately today, we have ways of volitionally discovering what exists on our own terms.
The negatives advertising brings to all our lives far outweigh anything else it might offer.
If you care about freedom, you indeed have a moral responsibility to block every ad within your power.
A humane society would without question categorically prohibit all advertising in public spaces (including publicly accessible wobsites) - I hope I live to see us get there.
It's fucking evil blight and you all should be upset that this was ever allowed to happen.

ar is more likely to be used to plaster ads in your vision

>ar is more likely to be used to plaster ads in your vision

>make advertising a literal business
>have public library's just for cataloging advertisements and services
need a car repair?
>receive filename.docx of mechanics sorted in local or nationwide buisness
>its further sorted by user ratings and public comments
of course it would still be manipulated but its a hell of a lot better than
>TRY THE NEW CHEESY CHEETO BURRITO NOW AND RECIECE A FREE DRINK OF THE NEW MNTN DEW BAJA MOJAVE BLAST
plastered on every building side

>filename.docx

Profit is theft.
Employment is slavery.
Work is prostitution.

All advertising must be banned in public spaces.
All money and profitability must be removed from election cycles and decision making.
All publicly owned machines must run free and only free software.
All things payed for by the public (via the military, grants, subsidies, R&D, etc) must be publicly owned and freely licensed.
All meat eating/manufacturing must be discouraged.
All drugs (the psychedelics in particular), must be made legal to manufacture, possess, and consume by legal adults.

>stealing your brain computing power to process advertisement in your mind rather than letting you invent cure for cancer
Advertisement is immoral. It's mental pollution and it should be forbidden.

this

holy shit dude have you never picked up the yellow pages? You're describing a literal business that exists.

I like your platform message, espesh the psychs part, but I'm gonna need to hear some implementation details before I sign off.

Just vote for me faggot.

the only things more jewish than advertisements are "white-privilege" propaganda, degenerate pornography and usury, maybe a few other things

>there are now 14 cometing standards, btw try the new crunchy SUUUUUUPPPREME burrito

All these things were chosen for a number of reasons.
-They are the stilled down core of almost every problem we face today. (While most other proposals I see are just bandaids for things that are symptoms.)
-They might actually be enactable under the current system. (Which would then foster drastic change of said system, which is the real goal here.)
-They are meaningful not only to society as a whole, but to the individual. (Whereas most things presented by people are meaningless unless we're all on board, each of these you can apply meaningfully in some important way to your own life. (Block all advertising on your computers, minimize the use and importance of money in your life, use only software that respects your freedom, share everything you discover and create, eat less meat, and partake of psychedelic substances more often.))

It's been well within mankind"s capability technologically and resourcewise to feed, house, clean, clothe, medicate, educate, and entertain every single person on the planet at the expense, detriment, or coercion of no one for at least the last hundred years.
If that sounds bogus, all I can say is you should read more.
Try Buckminster Fuller.

The goal is a happy life.
The goal is to actualize as many people as possible.
Society should structure itself in a manner condusive to this.

Rights are how we (as a group, through political or other institutions) protect things (our world, the things around us, each other) from ourselves.
A Government"s role is not to enforce majority rule (which will happen regardless), but to protect minorities, future generations, and nonpersons from this majority rule.

How'm I doing?

Good anarchists don't vote.

>All meat eating/manufacturing must be discouraged.
tfw no protein resequencer

Sounds pretty good Roddenberry, but how do you take the reins from the rider's hands?

how does one block them at the router? I have other devices connected to my wifi. I would love for them to be immune from any and all ads.

I have no good or clear answers except for those 6 things.
I've always found myself in the starve the beast camp.
Nonparticipation in all things evil.
Simplify your life.
Learn everything.
DIY everything you can and learn how to more every day.
I feed myself for less than $30 a month, without even trying - Go vegan and learn to cook, buying staple foods in bulk.
Get rid of your cellphone (one of the best and most liberating decisions I ever made).
Encrypt everything.
Start a garden - Or just fucking plant something, anything.
Most importantly, help those around you to do all this as well - This is where I continue to fail, it's very difficult and depressing.

Mental traps and delusions of capitalistic/nature thinking:
>apocalypse, too late the end is nigh and nothing matters
>primitivism, a returning to something that never existed
>revolution, rise up seize X and become the thing we hate
>technology, a future savior we require that's not coming
If you find yourself thinking in any of these modes, you are not opposing capitalism, you are perpetuating it.

I do not believe that the system can be changed to anything better from within.
That some actually buy into the `play the game to change the game' maym, is in fact the game winning.
We must step back and start over.
Ironically (considering humans are only a success because we are social beings, no one in as island, we're all in this together, etc.) this seems to require selfsufficience.

If any of you (especially the other Salt Lake guy) are actually groking any of this, we'd love to have you in #Cred Forumsfreedom on rizon.

shit, that guy is 100 years old

>go vegan
Fuck no

enjoy your colon cancer and dying planet

same way people do with hosts files.

Frankly the only reason noscript hasn't caught on is because theres no subscription whitelist (which would be simple).

What you fuckers probly don't realize about arbitrary javascript is that any page that it allows all sites to read and measure and save and transport any key clicks, mouse clicks, or key presses you make on that site.

I'm sure yourbank.com really needs analytics.js running in the background with all that power. Or random websites need domain.cn having javascript ads.

You can probably trust them to be legit, right?

Javascript is 1000% harmful, ads are fine but their delivery is bad.

Colon cancer's worth actually enjoying eating.

>I need more regulations on everything so I don't make bad choices, and other people can't make choices they want!
Statist fuck

Are you fucking retarded? I hate ads as much as the next guy but you can't just decide to ban some form of information (that's all it is). You can work towards making it socially unacceptable to display ads but don't ban much freedoms.

Without ads I would t know the flip and fold was a product. I saw it on an annoying TV sham wow type commercial and got it years ago.
It's saved me hours of not days folding tshirts and does a more uniform and clean job of the folding.

I grok :) You seem like a cool person.

moron. enjoy being cucked by malvertisement and corporates profiting off tracking what sites you visit.

>and also removed from public space (some town in brazil did this IIRC). I really don't get why so many people tolerate it.

This is my dream. Billboards are cancer. I guess anywhere pre-1800 fits your description well.

Move to Vermont, billboards have been illegal for decades there.

>uHide
Stop this shilling shit, it's been proven time and time again that Ublock Origin does nothing to actually block the ads that you supposedly despise. For gods sakes, do some fucking research

source?

then what the fuck of blocking them through your router, dumbass?

then what the fuck is the point of blocking them through your router, dumbass?

More performant probably, browsers are fucking awful and extensions just cram more and more onto the same thread, lagfest and ram smashering.

Ads are immoral if they're incredibly intrusive (e.g. email subscription prompts, those weird faux-window things with the tiny xs, PopAds, deceptive buttons, 30 unskippable videos, etc). A few banners here and there are fine.

you should be using opera then if you're not already.

oh those benchmarks mean very little in real life. Most of the 3rd party browsers also support the native adblocks, qutebrowser is fucking beast.

The problem with them isn't adblock it's the million other things (especially noscript) which just have to process every page and scrape the web scum off to make shit usable.

Someday maybe i'll get on my dream project of creating a filtering proxy to handle noscript type filters more locally.

There is no such thing as unintrusive advertising.

Video ads aren't even particularly intrusive as you can set autoplay globally. What is intrusive is a javascript framework to run a common video file on a 3rd party video player framework which then loads assets from 10 different hosts and each of them achieve the maximum power in that browser tab.

Images hosted locally (or virtually so) in a standard HTML image tag with no scripted or dynamic stuff is as unintrusive as you can get. Anything 3rd party is immoral by design.

I'm 100% with you guys.

Funny because here I am on a for-profit image board about technology...but I am starting to realize how useless all this technology is. Hopefully I can form a career in software development that goes in the complete opposite direction of what most businesses do. I don't even care about money anymore. Advancing moral values is far more important.

Not use any product or service that does not align with my moral values. Hopefully move somewhere in the middle of nowhere Montana to avoid real life spam.

A sign in front of your business. For online stuff, it will come up in search results if it's relevant. Would be a lot easier if the human population decreased to at least half of what it is now.

>I am starting to realize how useless all this technology is.
What do you mean by this? Some tech is quite useful.

kek

>using ABP not uBlock for benchmarks

it's not my benchmark, dummy.

Why would you proselytize ad blocking?
Let the non blockers continue to subsidize our browsing.

then ads will still work and exist in the world

They subsidize 3rd party botnets, 3rd party tracking networks, big data, enable bullshit like chinese great cannon. It's all bad.

Well you've started quite the shitstorm OP, grats.

>not using your host file
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

you're quite welcome

If everyone starts ad blocking what happens?

Glorious utopian future with no leeches, content or no content. Just a reminder:
Newspapers were a dying business before they went online. Their business model was never good.

What do you guys do for websites that won't let you access content without disabling your ad blocker?

I like being a leech.

see if there's a cached version and if there isn't one, i move on and don't visit the site

Some of us care about the wellbeing and oppression of others, including the retards that make up the vast majority of all people.
Some of us care about what the world our children will grow up in will look like.
To just sit quietly on the sidelines taking advantage of these people by throwing them under the bus is kind of fucked up user. And while I'm sure you think you're content with the media this buys you, little value is found in things subsidized by advertising.
Think of how glorious the modern internet could be if `we sell your data and/or eyes to other companies for profit' was not the prominent paradigm.
Your behavior is postponing this much needed paradigm shift.

Usually write userscripts to bypass their anti- and anti-anti-adblock, if that doesn't work try a cache/archive.org look and if THAT doesn't work I never go back.

Someday I'll drop my userscript repo in public, it's mostly porn sites desu. Bad web design literally interrupts my fapping and makes me drop everything to write hacky javascript.

>Bad web design literally interrupts my fapping
kek

How did you learn and where did you learn to make userscripts?

Obviously, I have no clue what you are talking about, but I would like to learn.

>ONE MORE TRY
typo'd /code
I don't think there's any specific guide to making userscripts but it's just like injecting a tag into a page (where and when is configurable)

If you know any javascript/dom you can write little things to modify the page you're on. I think even noscript whitelists your userscript, or maybe can't blacklist local plugin scripts, so you don't need javascript turned on to use userscripts.

something along the lines of....

can be turned into a

with builtin javascript methods to cut a whole piece of shit embed right out of a site. May require some actual analysis and thought.

If this doesn't work then the site uses awful greedy matching and really is shit.

Interesting, thanks! I'll have to play around with this.

>I don't even care about money anymore. Advancing moral values is far more important.
You should lurk Cred Forums for a bit. They hate degeneracy and are willing to share how globalism is bad and only benefits the owners of mega corporations by providing them with cheap labor.

Theyll also show you how the holocaust couldn't have happened, but youre not ready for that yet.. so just look past those threads for now.

On firefox at least the built in javascript console and site inspector are invaluable tools. At a deeper level the network tab of those tools lets you actually look at HTTP requests and headers for shit.

People should at least know how to look for things on the pages that are tracking them before coming up with opinions on these malvertisements.

go away dumb frogposter

the only thing Cred Forums has to offer is meme-tier stormfront ideology and masturbatory politics for 20 something white male neets who play video games all day instead of ever getting a job or doing anything useful

it only works because they (you?) are so desperate for an ideology where someone else is the parasite instead of them

this isn't the place for you to recruit people to Cred Forums

>moral values

I'm not recruiting people to pol, I'm showing him a group of people hed get along with. Just because you still haven't found friends, doesn't mean he shouldn't.

>meme-tier stormfront ideology
First of all, how did you even wind up on this site? You need to go back.
Second, what exactly are you referencing with this?

>frog poster
I have not posted any frogs. If youre seeing frogs please get help.

>I'm not recruiting people to pol,
That's literally what you were doing

>I'm showing him a group of people hed get along with.
Echo chamber hugboxes are NOT friends. They are friends in the same sense that your fellow cult members are friends. Once you escape the brainwashing and kid gloves and dog whistles, you will realize that someone who agrees with you 24/7 does not a good conversation partner make.

>Just because you still haven't found friends, doesn't mean he shouldn't
Nice aspersion, but it's irrelevant to the fact that shilling your dumb politics is not allowed here. You have a board for that. Do that there.

>First of all, how did you even wind up on this site? You need to go back.
It turns out, I typed in "Second, what exactly are you referencing with this?
I see you haven't even been here long enough to understand when and how Cred Forums became an antisemitic neo-nazi shitpile. You probably think you didn't borrow all your bad ideas from a bunch of hillbilly ex-cons too.

>I have not posted any frogs. If youre seeing frogs please get help.
There's one right above you. You don't even notice them following you around anymore. Sad, really.

>grouping stirner with Cred Forums
rude

And I do

You sound like a cuck dude.

>Echo chamber hugboxes are NOT friends.
No they're not, but talking with like minded individuals is not a bad thing, unless it doesn't fall inline with your agenda.. they you scream that its wrong and a cult, much like you're doing now.
>Once you escape the brainwashing
Its funny when libcucks say brainwashing even though they and everyone else they know have been indoctrinated with white guilt from child hood.

>Nice aspersion, but it's irrelevant to the fact that shilling your dumb politics is not allowed here. You have a board for that. Do that there.
>shilling
Found the tumblr cancer. Also Im not "shilling" anything. He expressed views and I told him where some other people are that have these views. If someone talks about anime and someone else says, hey Cred Forums likes anime too, would you flip out? In matter of fact, youre shilling Cred Forums telling me to go back there.

>It turns out, I typed in "I see you haven't even been here long enough to understand when and how Cred Forums became an antisemitic neo-nazi shitpile.
Been here since 06. Pol is what this site use to be before it was over run with pussy liberal fucks like you. I didn't know wtf Cred Forums was until I stumbled across late last year. Cred Forums is the Cred Forums I use to know. The Cred Forums that exists now is a cancerous faggot shit hole.

>There's one right above you. You don't even notice them following you around anymore. Sad, really.
You started talking about frogs, then they showed up. You were talking of frogs before he posted that, you accused me of posting frogs when I dont even have a frog folder nor have I posted frogs.

>Been here since 06
>I didn't know wtf Cred Forums was until I stumbled across late last year.

>Cred Forums uses wall of text.
>It's super effective!
>Thread has been derailed.

>implying Im suppose to give a fuck about every board on this site
I thought moot made a politics board like he made a hopeless neet board and a webcam board.

>implying the thread was on track to begin with

Advertisements are evil

Advertising is not immoral. They way they went about it was (e.g. flashing ads, pop ups, pop unders).

>lucifer
>telling us what isnt immoral
suuurrree

Popups/popunders, that shit is AMAZINGLY MORAL compared to the shit they got today. Tripfaggotry is still the deadliest sin.

>Proprietary browser
Absolutely haram

>seizure inducing rainbow flashing box shaking at the same frequency as you seizure so that you can read the text as your vision shakes

Who would know better the depths of sin?

Who else to lead people astray

Yeah and that's the good stuff.

>Ads running browser-based DDoS software on a million unknowing normie computers.

>restricting yourself from the best software because you can't view text files you'd never touch anyway

>FOSS
>Botnet
Show exactly where in the code it's botnet.

blocking ads is also immoral, it's an arms race of sin, whoever loses, I win

... why didnt I think of this

you gain nothing, I gain a clean browsing experience.

That's also how china leverages its firewall to repurpose as a cannon. Injecting little js into browsers just like ads are.

Your browser becomes clean at the cost of dirtying your soul.

You are beyond help.

You can't even hold a coherent conversation without trying to make everyone know how much you fit in and how edgy and cool you are on an anonymous imageboard.

You are above reproof, and whenever anyone criticizes you they are part of the evil liberal establishment bogeyman that you and all your lazy white neet gamer friends are fighting the good fight against. You don't even realize how delusional you actually are.

I don't really care about helping you see the error of your ways or dealing with your idiotic garden-variety insults you have pocketed for anyone who dares disagree with you or call you out for ruining everyone else's experience by posting off-topic shit. What I really care about is that you stop. I don't care if you stay here, but if you do so you should adhere to the rules. That means posting about technology and not about your idiotic unrelated opinions or try to proselytize others to do the same.

I know, I know, it's a crazy liberal idea that there could be rules so you don't ruin everyone else's experience and derail the board by spewing shit all the time, but that's life. Deal with it.

The hate I no longer feel purifies my soul.

I don't want to ban some information, I want to ban useless information forced on you in average of hundreds of advertisement everyday. People would be free to go, on their own will, on website made specially to access advertisement.

you got btfod an hour ago and now your back trying to call me edgy?
lost.

>all your lazy white neet gamer friends
>lazy white
>white
THEYRE A FUCKING WHITE MALE
you are literally a walking meme.

>I don't really care about helping you see the error of your ways
good, that makes two of us.

>or call you out for ruining everyone else's experience by posting off-topic shit.
Thats exactly what you just tried to do,
AND you're the one off topic posting by making this into a big deal. I'm starting to think you're one of them tumbler feminists.

> What I really care about is
don't care.
> I don't care if you stay here
good, cause its not up do you. You're not a moderator and backseat moderating is against the rules here.. I think, cant remember.. its against the rules somewhere.

>your idiotic unrelated opinions
You're the one that butted into another persons conversation. Now I suggest you keep your idiot opinions to yourself next time so you don't wind up looking like a fool again.

lol

Why shouldn't I be able to put advertisements on my personal website?

Depends if they're your ads, hand picked and people you actually sponsor, or some 3rd party that pays you for advertising space (and arbitrary code execution and tracking)

Anyone know how adguard compares to uBlock, application, extension and DNS wise?

You should, and I use an adblocker for that (having an adblocker should be default for everybody, if just for security). The problem is that you can't hide all these billboards in public space, or jingles or bullshit like that.
But for your internet website, I think you should be concerned that 3rd party can send datas through your website, and you should probably tell it in a disclaimer when entering your website. "I'm a huge faggot and by clicking "I accept" you accept any crap on your computer coming from my website".

>i don't need freedom of speech because i gots nothing to say
hello Agent Johnson

This is a public mental health issue.
You should not be able to for the same reason you want to and everybody does:
They actually work, and this is potentially very harmful.
I would say that if it's not a publicly accessible site, you should of course be allowed to, just as you would be allowed to hang ads within your own home.
But the commons and public space, wobsites included, fall under a different jurisdiction.

What in the everliving fuck are you on about?

>Advertisements keeps unoriginal content free. It floods the internet with shit.
ftfy

fuck off NSA

You're fucking retarded

Can I not speak in public for voluntary suicide or antinatalism because of the potential of harm?
Free speech.

the coolest

manipulating the thoughts and actions of others via known psychological vectors should not be considered free speech
the desire to do so is also pretty messed up

nsa/proprietary shill pls go

that quote always makes me cringe hard as fuck
at least try to use it the right way
and not spew it out whenever you feel like it

I'm not shilling for the NSA nor for proprietary software, you goddamned dumbass. All I'm saying is that if the best program is closed source you'd be a retard to not use it just because of muh freedums.

>manipulating the thoughts and actions of others via known psychological vectors
That's what speech is user.

On the contrary, even if someone made the most perfect piece of software, completely error free and did everything you wanted and needed exactly how you wanted and needed it, you would be retarded for using it if it did not respect your freedom as a user.
Freedom, privacy, and personal sovereignty are more important than capability, comfort, or convenience.

>freedom makes me cringe
kek
can't make this shit up
>not shilling for NSA
>not shilling for proprietary software
>fuck freedom. how about some Vivaldi/Chrome?
1/10. low quality bait.

>>>freedom makes me cringe
>>kek
>>can't make this shit up
>implying that's what I said

No, you're fucking moronic.

>implying I'd ever recommend that shitware to anyone

you're saying that talking about something in public is the same as a literal fine tuned brainwashing machine

i guess that this is even a possible opinion to hold is why this thread is even happening/necessary at all
i have no face

>what is neuromarketing
Advertisers don't even need speech to influence you.

>it's moronic to care about freedom

So where do you draw the line? Would a certain level of oratory talent mean your speech is now unprotected because you're just too convincing?

It is when you choose crippling software over functional software. Enjoy your shitware. Don't get me wrong, open source software is wonderful, but to deliberately use inferior software is incredibly retarded.

the distinction between discourse and advertising seems very clear to me
i'm more confused as to how on earth you've convinced yourself that there's any sort of gradient here

Я coглaceн c этим yтвepждeниeм.

Draw the line for me.

|

Go to settings, open "Quotes & Replying", check Legacy CAPTCHA, and then click save settings at the bottom. There. No more Google malware.

So you can't?

>What you fuckers probly don't realize about arbitrary javascript is that any page that it allows all sites to read and measure and save and transport any key clicks, mouse clicks, or key presses you make on that site.
take the tinfoil off

that is provably true though, there's probly stuff in the wild as we speak.

I wasnt him.

Let's ban that too. Pls no bully.

I've a serious question for everyone in this thread. Do you block ads on Cred Forums?

its ok, bully has been ban :))

Yes

Cred Forums is our friend, we wouldnt dare :)

Theres ads on Cred Forums? I mean you can't skip the tracking captcha

Fucking this. Disabling ads make up for captcha, if anything they still owe us for all the frustration.

you're missing out on the humorous banners

I recommend this one in particular
s.4cdn.org/image/contest_banners/7dc45c647fecf9f312395a07c22babd52752dfaf.gif

No, banners aren't ads.

No I'm not. Banners are still there, just the ads are gone.

>in the only way the Internet currently allows

People actually believe this?

>people shouldn't get paid for the work they do

And you think that 'work' should earn you and secure you a comfortable lifestyle? Your blog isn't something that contirbutes anything meaningful to the economy or society. Your thoughts are cheap and dispensable.

>Your thoughts are cheap and dispensable.
and yet you still want to view them

oh, there was a time when blocking one blocked the other, oh well

>there was a time when blocking one blocked the other
Never had that happen

Depends on your rules man, some people write bad rules

>tfw running 7 different adblocker progams (even ublock) on top of umatrix which blocks everything anyway so I leave on allow intrusive adverts just to get their byte-hopes up
come at me

>online journalism
kek, good riddance

Is there prettier javascript code than uBlock's? Something about reading pure JS is satisfying

It's standart page analytics, nothing harmfull. They can also access which popular sites you have in your history and have your browser fingerprint. It's not that bad as it sounds.

Standard page analytics are entirely harmful, they have 'can cause harm' permissions set to true. They can track everything you ever do and that is bad.

Can you not see that is bad? That's bad.

You should control the code that runs on your computer.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORENCE IS STRENGHT

Simple,I use ublock for websites that have shitty and annoying ads.While,if a website is useful I disable that.

>All meat eating/manufacturing must be discouraged.
>All drugs (the psychedelics in particular), must be made legal to manufacture, possess, and consume by legal adults.

No. I`m fine with my healthy Brazilian meat and my mushrooms.

fucking this

thanks, didn't realize that was possible

>Your thoughts are cheap and dispensable.
If you value your thoughts and ideas and want to share them, it should be for free to reach as many people as possible.

chropera+ublock origin, no ads

I use a host file with pixelserv and then noscript in the browser, works pretty well. I used to use adblock plus but it slowed the browser to a crawl, I heard ublock is much better in that regaurd but I haven't needed to switch off of my current system yet.

>this meme still exists

it can benefit the capitalist model if it's done in a way that's relevant to your interests and conductive to business as a whole

and in the business sector it very often works exactly like that

the problem, since the 1950's or so, marketing has turned into a memetic science and at times it's so efficient that it feels like you need to maintain constant effort in order to prevent them from subverting your capacity to make reasonable decisions

And what if I don't want to pay them faggot? Let them starve.

Go die and starve in a hole.

this is bait. Kind of a boring meme that retards keep bringing up with no proof whatsoever. Has long been debunked.
See this,e.g.
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

How are you asking for donations? Also, why not move the entire project to a paid model if you want to make money? If someone wants to use your piece of software, they will have to pay for it. No free version.

Ikr :3

Thank you so much