Widescreen or not?

it's worth it to fall for the widescreen meme?

Yes, it's very nice. Buy it. Will help you gaym better on your brand new GTX1080ti that you plan to purchase.

i'm sorry mr. jew, i'm happy with my gtx 970

ULTRAWIDE xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

seriously

just buy a 4K 32 inch for CHEAPER !!! AND GLUE BLACK PLASTIC BARS ON TOP AND BOTTOM for same results. Or restrict in software. And you can go back anyday.

also its a panel lottery, they are very bad quality.

i would like to do that but in my country the 4k monitors are very fucking expensive

No it looks fucking ridiculous.

I have a 4K 27inch monitor as my main and an upturned 1080p 24 inch for the chon. Feels comfy.

what happened to this

It all depends on what you want to do with it.

If you:

-Work a lot with shit on both sides of the screen snapped (like for instance, a text processor and the web browser)
-Play a lot of movies (not tv shows mind you)
-Use some video editing tools
-Play first person games that have been either ported correctly or are pretty flexible in terms of hardware compatibility

Then sure, get one.

Otherwise? nah. I use one and it's quite annoying to play 4:3 content on full screen on it, full screen browser seems like a waste of space and there are some incompatibilities due to the weird ratio. I would only recommend if you can get one for cheap -and- you can't get at the very least a 2k monitor.

I still use that at class.

Im doing some meme course in my country. They still have them, oh god I mine.

I prefer 16:10 monitors.

user, where you from?

People realized it sucked.

This. What happened to 16:10?

more expensive to produce
16:9 content

This is the best post in the thread. He gets it.

Yeah I wouldn't spring for it when you can just grab two monitors and get similar benefits and less headaches.

>tfw even my old-ass 4:3 thinkpad has a bigger vertical res than that piece of shit

something heavy fell on it and squished it into obviously

You can still find some nice 16:10 monitors at a goodwill or something similar.

That's another thing I must mention. As I have one of those ultrawide monitors but happened to have a relatively small desk, of course I have a hard time putting a secondary monitor there. So they suck for that too.

Lol, nice try Jews.

No, no one should buy an ultrawide.
Get a 4k display. It's less pixels for more money.

Same with regular widescreen displays, but hey, they're 'the standard'.

Don't fall for marketing bullshit. Don't buy ultrawide.

>not recognizing the picture

Never going back to 16:9/16:10 or dual monitors again.

This.

If you can get a 4K monitor though, it'll be better than the ultrawide even if you do any of these things.

Also, if you just use things side by side, just get two 4:3 monitors for less than half the cost of the ultrawide. Or even better, get two 4:3 monitors and then one 16:9 monitor.

The ultrawides look cool I guess, but when you get down to it, they're not as useful as just 'a bigger monitor' or 'more monitors'.

See
16:10 monitors were more expensive to produce for the same 'screen size'.
This is because the wider aspect ratio means less pixels for the 16:9 24" display than the 16:10 24" display.

So, content creators and manufacturers came up with a scam:
"Dude, we could make 16:9 content, and then sell displays for MORE money because they match the content. AND they're CHEAPER to produce!"

And so it was. 16:10 died a horrible death. People who are old enough will still remember how good the 16:10 monitors were. I still have a few 16:10's. I refuse to get rid of them for anything less than a 4K monitor, which are currently too expensive for me to bother.

I still buy them when I see them for like $20 in good condition.

I thought 16:9 was always a thing for movies and that 16:10 was made to display 2 full pages and be the golden ratio

I do the same, picked up a Samsung Syncmaster 2232bw the other day for 20$ with no issues.

I got mine for $140 USD LG likes to through theirs on sale quite a bit on newegg.com

Pros, Lots of workspace, great for coding

Cons none unless your a vidyafag

you're missing out

Why is 16:10 so good? I have an LG Flatron L222WS which is 1680x1050. Could be because it's the only monitor I've had for god knows how many years, but I'm fed up with it, it's got a lot of scratches and shit on it (my own stupid mistakes of transporting it poorly to LANs), it's cramped, looks like ass. I'm gonna keep it as a second monitor of course when I'm finally getting a new monitor in December, but what makes the 16:10 so good for you?

kek this

21:9 is master race.

It's superior to 16:9 for watching movies and playing video games. Whether or not its better for productivity depends on yourself, but I personally prefer it over 2 16:9 screens.

This post is so retarded it gave my son Down's.

>also its a panel lottery, they are very bad quality.
The first generation were, second generation LG and Dell panels have little to no issues.

Eizo still offers 5:4 and 1:1 monitors.

>gtx 970

Well you fell for mr. jews ruse before. Can't blame him for trying again

>It's superior to 16:9 for watching movies
Such as? Even Lawrence of Arabia isn't that wide.

16:10 is nice

I fell for it. Best meme to fall for.
34" 1440 with a 1070.
Love it

muh dick

I'm going to get one of those and I'm going to be SO PRODUCTIVE