Worth the wait?

Hello! Wanting to buy a new video card in the next month or two. Just curious if it is worth waiting to see if there is a deal on black friday or cyber monday or if I should just get it asap. Looking at the $450 range cards.

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1266080-REG/evga_08g_p4_6276_kr_geforce_gtx_1070_ftw.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1070_gaming_x_review,30.html
guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gaming-oc-review,35.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Price depends on where you live. You should be able to find a good 1070 at that price. Decent video cards usually aren't part of black Friday deals because stock is low anyway unless you go with an older card

Thanks for a thorough answer. I'm in California and was wondering if they would go on sale. The EVGA FTW one is $450 or so right now but I was unsure if it would maybe drop to $400 for black friday or something. I did notice in 2015 newegg had the gtx 970 on sale. I think I will just grab it asap and enjoy it right away instead of waiting for a possibility of a deal.

Np. I'm also in California. I just ordered a 1060 myself since I'm sticking with 1080p for quite a while. The card you're looking at, what's the DT version? It's cheaper

From what I can tell the only difference is the bonus crap you get and a slightly different clock speed.

DT = Normal 1506 mhz, 1683 boosted
Other = Normal 1607, 1797 boosted.

Gotcha. Did you already order yours? I ordered my card off a different site where they don't charge shipping or even tax to CA. The one you're looking at would be $459.99 total. I hadn't been bringing up the site before because they tend to sell stock rather quickly

Unless you just prefer Newegg of course

I will be ordering mine next month. Would love for it to be tax free.

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1266080-REG/evga_08g_p4_6276_kr_geforce_gtx_1070_ftw.html

This the right one?

08G-P4-6276-KR

Precisely the right one. Thank you so much! Saving the tax on that alone is going to be awesome.

Welcome calibro. Hopefully that saves you a good $20-$30

Absolutely will!

>tfw im going to go to microcenter and buy all my parts there
>tfw my dad has a business account with them for his business and i will be able to save tax on all of the items

Maybe don't tell everyone you know though? I like when they have stock

>mfw I never met my dad but he probably could give me discounts

Not telling anyone else =D

you can get a 980ti, which is better, for less than $400

Used?

well... yeah. I just ordered one used off of ebay for $350. Still figure that's a fucking steal though. Should be in like new condition. The seller was a certified store type seller and they were selling two, I'm assuming were used for SLI so neither was ever taxed much

coming in the mail this week. I'm hype AF desu

Explain how a 980ti is better than a 1070 if you could. Most benchmarks show they're neck and neck. Main reason for getting a new card over used for me is warranty and newer drivers.

980ti overclocks better; that's pretty much it. It just generally performs better

Do you have any benchmarks to show this? I don't over clock but I'm curious about your opinion between the two cards.

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1070_gaming_x_review,30.html

guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gaming-oc-review,35.html

Have both 980ti and 1070. The 1070 kills it. The 980ti kicks ass but the 1070 just fucking kills it

And heat wise too. 1070 never climbs above mid 60's celsius, my 980ti hits 80 all the time. The 1070 uses half the wattage so it's expected but I really enjoy a fanless GPU 60% of the time
The 980ti is stock clock and the 1070 is a stock light gigabyte OC

He thinks guru3D is a good source

Oh user :(