pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Hosa-MHE-100-5-Right-Angle-Headphone-Adaptor/dp/B000068O6B
amazon.com/Grado-Mini-Adaptor/dp/B001DK1ZVO
amzn.com/B00HVLUR18
aliexpress.com/item/electronic-2015-brand-3-5mm-Original-Genuine-TAKSTAR-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Music-Headset-studio/32279127183.html
head-fi.org/t/653032/size-matters-earpad-hole-measurements-for-over-ear-headphones
youtube.com/watch?v=-qE4g0T3QdU
amazon.ca/Beyerdynamic-Custom-Headphone-Accessory-Microphone/dp/B00PK2LJ4E/
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-7506-Professional-Closed-Ear-Back-Large-Dynamic-Studio-Audio-Headphones/232072960576
amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00V31B928/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?psc=1&smid=A19PLFGP1FUI3T&ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=ipad0e2e-20&linkId=OMBRYAX56M45VB35
amazon.com/GoldWorld-Comfortable-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B01DPBI7PK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&linkCode=sl1&tag=triobest-20&linkId=f9825faaa43a6f333b95100ac8070dc6
market.yandex.ru
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for $1400 speakers

Thank you for posting the good unbiased op.

>I'm a faggot who makes a new thread before the bump limit to force meme my OP.

It's /hpg/ shitpost hour!

its always shitpost time in /hpg/

do you need bluetooth in your new ones or not?
you didnt really specify
if not then DT 770's

Thank you!
>being this mad every thread
:^)

Same as before: which IEM is which?

> its always shitpost time in /hpg/
It'll die out when JK leaves

Bluetooth isn't necessary, sorry for not specifying. Thanks, I'll take a look at those.

Does the publication state the specific IEMs in the test? I am sure about two.

>beats
>akg
>audiotechnica
shit collection desu

What would you do if someone posted the full OP twenty posts before the bump limit?

By full OP you mean the shitposting OP, right?

Because is the correct OP format.

>By full OP you mean the shitposting OP, right?
Because the non-full OP does not cause just as much if not more shitposting?

Would you post the next OP twenty five posts early? Or thirty? Then the next time the OP will be posted even earlier?

You've been doing this for a month and it seems you are going to do it every time so there seems to be no reason to wait for the bump limit.

Actually, is the cord on the DT 770s replaceable?

I'm hesitant to buy anything with non-replaceable cords due to them wearing out before the actual headphones do.

On my trip to Japan last year, the most popular headphones were beats, I think solo2, didn't want to stare at people too much because I'm a gaijin and I already stood out a lot.

So if you're a true weeb, buy beats by dre.

>self-referring as gaijin
>going to japan
truly the cringiest, most cancerous form of weeaboo trash on the planet. haha i went to japan because anime guys

No, the cable is pretty beefy (which is what you get when you start getting into the $150+ price range) and isn't likely to wear out without causing damage to it.

The only one shitposting here is you.

Secondly, I've been making /hpg/s for years.

>haha i went to japan because anime guys
Did I said that in my post?

I would ask where were you for the months we had the full OP but everyone knows you are a liar, OP.

Incapable of answering a simple question, huh.

But this is the full op

no, sadly
thats the single downfall of DT770's
the best option with a removable cable is ATH-M40X's with velour replacement pads

770's are better, but if you don't know how to solder and can't bebothered learning, the m40x's are your best option

cables are an ez fix desu, and i woudln't expect 770's cable to break any time soon. its pretty well stress relieved.

you can't even deny it. let me guess you started trying to learn japanese for the reason but you still know nothing outside of epic phrases you heard in cartoons. end your miserable life.

R u retarded?
OP skipped:
>If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks."
>Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation.
>Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
>Wireless is frowned upon.
>Headset requests are frowned upon.

The 12 models used are in the chart, with price attached. The equalized Momentum is the reference.
Otherwise, it doesn't say which one is which.

Admittedly, I made a few threads with the shitposting OPs, but then many anons who posted here agreed that the OP should be of a clean and unbiased format (myself included).

Anyway, I don't want to have any further discussion with you. Derailing the thread is just pure shitposting.

Have a nice day, Jakkasu.

>Admittedly, I made a few threads with the shitposting OPs
Why did you make "a few" if you believe it is a shitposting OP?

Then you should be fine with having the full OP posted twenty five posts before the bump limit.

I do watch anime, but I never tried to learn Japanese. I also travel a lot. And yes, I've always had an interest in Japanese culture and that reinforced my decision to visit Japan.

You seem angry.

110% weeaboo trash.

I see, thanks.

dumb shitposter

this is a gay man headset:

headsets aren't automatically shit because it's a headset

Don't worry about it, he's also a self hating weeb in denial. Shit like and proves my point.

>still upset
the last thread must have cut you deep, dumb weeaboo.

If you weren't a newfag you might know why headsets are frowned on. Headsets are mostly shit because they break easily and cost extra. Only one headset is actually priced decently.

>cost extra
So should stuff like HD800 and LCD-2 be frowned upon?

>break easily
Newer designs are more durable. Clearly they're improving their product.

>enormous markups from australian retailers
Well, time to import. I'm not paying 70-100 extra dollarydoos for the privilege of buying from an Australian retailer.

That's not the real op.

sound spectrum =/= sound quality you retard.

>So should stuff like HD800 and LCD-2 be frowned upon?
If you weren't a newfag you'd know we generally frown upon Audeze for being expensive and breaking easily.

>Newer designs are more durable.
Source: My ass.

there's also distortion measurements available

But gonna have to disagree with your dumb arse, the most important thing wrt quality is frequency response

So should expensive (kilobuck) headphones be frowned upon? You didn't answer the question correctly.

Newer designs are more durable though, you can't objectively test this but simply feeling and looking at TY reviews can give you an idea of the durability.

Oh and please don't call me a new fag, I've been on Cred Forums before Cred Forums even existed.

Then go strap two guitar amps to your head dumbass. Post a picture of yourself.

>TY reviews
YT*

yeah it sucks ass
best way is to purchase from ebay or amazon
tho half the time amazon doesnt ship to aus
so you have to use one of those middleman things
i guess 20 dollars is better than 100

>So should expensive (kilobuck) headphones be frowned upon?
Not only for their price tag. If they have the performance to back up the price that's fine. But when they are overpriced and break easily or can be outperformed by cheaper headphones + modmic/boom in just about every circumstance they are crap.

And to note from your own source's author in a later article.
> All of the above headphones will leave any "gaming headset" literally in the dust in terms of audio performance in both games and music.

>If you plan on using a pair of headphones for gaming duties and need a microphone, there are two ways: pick up a high-quality standalone microphone that you can either let stand freely on your desk or mount on an arm, or, grab a Modmic by Antlion Audio.

Anyone else get the feeling you're bored of your headphones even though you think they sound great?

Yes. And then you just wait for them to break before buying new ones :/

>performance
How do you quantify the performance of an expensive headphone such as the HD800?

>your own source
Wasn't the one who posted the source. And I'm using the measurements as the sole data, not the article writer's opinion. Similar to what I do with InnerFidelity, I often use Tyll's measurements but I don't take anything he says seriously.

>How do you quantify the performance of an expensive headphone such as the HD800?
How do you claim "I've been around since before Cred Forums existed" and be totally ignorant of headphone measurements including the HD800 or are you just shitposting?

You pointed out that /hpg/ frowns upon the LCD-2 but didn't say anything about the HD800.

The HD800 is questionable in its audio fidelity.

Should we frown upon the HD800 too?

Your entire argument about cost being a reason to frown upon something holds no merit.

Your argument about gaming headsets breaking easily cannot be proven, and cherry picking images doesn't mean anything.

>You pointed out that /hpg/ frowns upon the LCD-2 but didn't say anything about the HD800.
Why was the LCD-2 frowned upon? Because it is expensive AND BREAKS EASILY?

Y U retarded?

So my music player has a lowpass filter mode setting with two options - steep and gradual.
I tried googling but it all seems like nerd shit.
What exactly does this option do?

Lrn 2 reading comprehension.

Oh the ironing.

What's a good 1/4 to 3.5 adapter? My HD 650s came with the 1/4 inch only and my amp is 3.5mm.

Preferably something all metal.

Any will do. Get one with a short extension so it doesn't add weight to the 3.5mm plug and risk breaking.

amazon.com/Hosa-MHE-100-5-Right-Angle-Headphone-Adaptor/dp/B000068O6B

What about this one? amazon.com/Grado-Mini-Adaptor/dp/B001DK1ZVO

It's name brand and I don't want something shitting on me in two weeks.

>$10 extra for the same thing
Unless you go around whipping shit with the cable, it won't break. I use Hosa cables all the time and they are reliable.

looks good. I got the really popular one on ebay (sennheiser but its not in the listing title) and its been good to me for the past few months. cost about the same

I probably should mention that I'm using these with expensive Cardas placebo cables as well.

Did you buy it used?

A quality adapter comes in the box, not like the one in your picture.

They were used. The original owner replaced the stock cable with a cardas cable and that cable is 1/4 inch only.

What is Cred Forums's opinion on these little fuckers?

>that engrish

top kek

Do all Bluetooth earphones have this annoying blinking led light that you can't turn off?

I'm no shill but this thing makes the music that I've been listening to for my entire life sound amazing, I didn't know that some bass lines were so complex.

Even the cringy music that I listened to as a teenager sounds so great and detailed on these.

Best purchase I made in years.

getting this for playing shooters

What am I in for?

amzn.com/B00HVLUR18

>tfw this headphone makes all your other headphones sound like shit

Fuck the HD600s.

dunno but for 50 burgers it looks solid

It'll probably break after a year if not less but other than that it's ok for the price

I want to fuck Rinko

break how?

Probably the headband, that's where mine fell apart and I just used them at my desk.

well that sucks :(

Is this normal for $50 headphones?

I'd suggest the HD419 instead. Velour earpads are GOAT.

babby's first non-shit headphone detected Beyer, Hifiman, AKG, and Fostex all make headphones now that have the same kind of sound reproduction and cost less

[spoiler]They're all inferior.[/spoiler]

Ever since I've invested into a great speaker setup with room treatment, I appreciate the HD600 even more, I feel like I can't listen to any other headphone unless I equalize it heavily.

What do I waste money on now?

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 10 foot cable when the source is literally going to be 1.5 feet away from me.

>replying to his post twice

Jesus, Jakkasu, you're desperate.

Better amps, cables, pads, music (inb4 >paying for music) etc.

Customize your stuff bro.

I'm not into placebo, sorry ;_;

>tfw you wish you can be a dumb delusional audiophile and enjoy placebo cables, DACs, amps, etc.

I feel empty inside.

I'm spend around 15k on audiophile tier equipment and I'm no happier then why I used the cheapest earbuds at walmart.

Make the feels stop /hpg/.

you're delusional enough to think the HD600 sound good, that's a start.

Then you can always swap out the pads for leather or thicker foam. Change the cable for a more durable one so you won't have to replace that cheap shit next year. Disassemble the 600s and spray pain them to your liking.

you must really like the HD600 because they're not, especially in the anything that isn't mids region

I've heard most of the popular audiophile staples. They can't touch the HD600. ER-4S is better but I sure as hell ain't using ear dildos for extended periods of pleasure listening.

Leather might change the sound, might be fun to experiment. I have the stock HD650 cable on mine. I actually sent back my HD650 to amazon with the stock HD600 cable. Some unlucky bastard must have gotten it, kek.

>paint

I like the stock look, I know many hate it.

They're not what? Neutral?

That's wrong though, they're neutral by relative headphone comparison.

>I've heard most of the popular audiophile staples
why do you nwavguy evangelists always claim this bullshit but can never prove it?

In case you didn't realize it, I highly value accuracy.

This has nothing to do with NwAvGuy.

if you valued accuracy you wouldn't use headphones at all.'

also harmonic distortion is inclusive in accuracy and the hd600 do poorly here. the closest you're going to get to real accuracy out of a headphone is a lambda.

It must be convenient to have such shit ears that you can't find better than the HD600. Just be glad and get a new hobby. Why don't you check out reddit :^)

Who is this THICC oneesan?

don't give him such a hard time, everyone goes through the 'muh hd600' phase. wait until he graduates from college and can actually afford some decent gear and maybe begins training his hearing as opposed to masturbating to graphs he doesn't understand at all.

I have a speaker setup now, well it was recently completed.

I'd strongly disagree about Lambdas being accurate. The stock response is bad. ED-1 will make it more neutral than the HD600, haven't heard it myself, but that's from seeing measurements. Heard a few Lambas, the sound signature wasn't neutral and definitely wasn't to my liking.

Can you prove that the HD600's harmonic distortion is audible? Because I don't hear any distortion.

Yeah, no.

Feel free to name a more accurate headphone. I only care about fidelity.

You should give it a shot, make something that's yours and nobody elses.

>I have a speaker setup now, well it was recently completed.
pics, i'd love to see this acoustically treated room with properly placed traps, diffusers and absorbers.

also what speakers you have and what dsp you're feeding them, i assume you got an omnidirectional calibration mic to set this up properly?

No pics. I wish to remain anonymous.

I'm not using room correction, I prefer to keep my setup simple.

But yes, the room is fully treated.

My speakers are KH 120 A.

>inb4 no bass

I don't have a measurement mic, I hired a professional to treat the room and measure everything. All the measurement data is on his laptop and he is supposed to e-mail the data. But maybe I'll receive it tomorrow. Working day and such.

boy you make up a lot of shit to justify this hd600 shilling and pretend like you have expertise on audio fidelity.

Why? Because I don't want to post pics on Cred Forums?

I've never posted anything in this thread.

Feel free to post what you have since you seem like you have the expertise in audio fidelity.

you've embarrassed yourself enough. it's time to stop posting.

I've gone through two kossportapros in the past and they make my ears hot, and they break too easily for me.

Are there any cheap over ear headphones you can wear for 4 hours straight that are comfortable? Or should I go with some cheap earbuds?

Nice try.

I like how you're trying to work your way out of this one.

Son, I just exposed your hypocritical ass and made you look like a little kid with a keyboard.

Learn to cut your losses and move on.

No one responded to my dank meme guys do you get that one a lot?

You don't enjoy music, only the thrill of purchasing new audio equipment.

Every single day kiddo.

>KH 120 A
Fun fact: those speakers are made in the same factory that makes the HD600.

Tsurumaki Maki apparently.

That person managed to make HD600s uglier

>still using png or jpg

Why hasn't everyone switched to the better still webm format?

>Showing pictures of my room is somehow enough information to deduce who this user is

Autist alert

>cardas cable

how much the hd 650 cost?

Because thumbnails

This good?

> beyer
V

> hifiman
Very expensive, which headphones are you talking about?

> akg
bright

What headphones do you have in mind that are better?

fuck this image is too close to home, except multiply that by 3, not counting IEMs

Why not WebP?

probably way too bass elevated like every KZ and pretty much all cheap IEMs

What is the most neutral and best isolating closed headphone in production right now?

probably hd280. there are much better sounding neutral headphones, but they don't isolate all that well.

yes, but it's overpriced and the bass can distort at high volume.

I've got a set of akg k240 monitor headphones that are in need of a new cables. does anyone know if they still make parts for these older headphone or will I just need to stick a generic cable in there?

why would you add an anime girl in there?

From the last thread:
>your best option is 668b with velour pads and and some felt in front of the driver
Now, looking at them online Superlux 668b seem like a very sweet deal. Why do I have to change velour pads though and where would I even get proper replacements? I also don,t want to fuck shit up.
Should I cut up a a piece of felt and... just throw it in there?!

The same user said I should get Takstar Hi2050 and others said they were even better than 668b's but the only link was to "ISK HP2010" headphones from alibaba... needless to say I'm a bit worried about buying knockoff(?)/offbrand(?) headphones from that site. What's the deal?

The same reason why I used anime ace font: I felt like it.

Why would anyone feel like doing that?

>5% better sound
[citation needed]
[citation needed]
[citation needed]
[citation needed]
[citation needed]
[citation needed]

Need a EPH-100 replacement - cant find any of those in my area

I have the MA750s and the noise isolation isn't as good as the yamahas. What get? 250$ budget

p-please respond

I've heard takstars are pretty comfortable and there's a lot of other cheap headphones that accept comfortable pad replacments.

With all the shit about wireless and headsets se might as well stop frowning upon fucking beats for what i'm concerned...

>want to get Axent Wear headphones so I can use them as speakers to play Shadilay at my liberal as fuck university when Trump wins
>100NZD shipping

>wanting to purchase Aids - The Headphones

why man

desu even a good set of open backs would sound better even at high volumes lol

>soundstage
>real

Yeah, as that user said, Takstars are the way to go for good, cheap over ears.
Cheapest ones atm:
aliexpress.com/item/electronic-2015-brand-3-5mm-Original-Genuine-TAKSTAR-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Music-Headset-studio/32279127183.html

They're essentially just lower price/quality beyerdynamics, since their design is based off beyers.

the velour pads are amazing for the price, and they're built really well
the only downside is that the cable isnt removable

they sound almost as good as SHP 9500's and HD 558's for around half the price
built better too.

The link shows ISK HF 2010 (or HP 2010). I guess they're just rebranded Takstar OEMs, but how can I know for sure? Did anyone here or anywhere else order these exact ones from aliexpress? I really want some decent budget phones but I'm worried about chinese crapware.

Jesus Christ

That body

It's perfect

Beats by Dre a shit

They're the exact same as Takstars. Just rebranded. People have bought them before on /csg/, and I've seen people that have mentioned buying them on head-fi

The store isn't even remotely new and that listing has been up for ages. It's legitimate. You can't even get actual Takstar hi2050's anymore, only the rebrands since people don't know they exist.

Ali is pretty good at refunds if something is fucked. Kingston has even rebranded and sold the closed version of the HI 2050's.

Thank you. I'm the user who asked for neutral open phones and this other user told me to either get 668b's or the Trakstars, with the Trakstars being more v-shaped...
Ultimately should I just go fot the Trakstars?

Takstars arent really that V shaped. compared to something like HD600's sure, but at this price range the takstars about as neutral as youre gonna get.
and the 668B isn't even remotely neutral

go with the takstars
theyre built well and should last for ages [other than potential wire issues, but wires are an ez fix]

and its 'takstar' not 'trakstar'
not that it matters, but just incase you wanna search stuff up about em

>Budget
$300
>Location
USA
>Source
FiiO K1 to PC
>Preferred type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter, pads similar to Samson SR950/HM5 Hybrids
>Preferred tonal balance
Bassy/V or U shaped
>Past headphones
Skullcandy Ink'd/Hesh 2

Superlux HD 681 (sound great, a bit too bright, bass sounds good and clean just not enough)

Samson SR950 (a lot of bass but can sound bloated depending on the song, treble could be toned down a decibel or two otherwise my perfect set of cans if can be made open)

Should I cheap out and get Samson SR850's with Velour pads or go all out with Fidelio X2's?

What's the best gaming headset?

Money is no object.

Go for the X2's
the sound quality will improve by a lot too
the samsons aren't bad, but the bass on the x2 is fucking gorgeous
not overpowering but so clean and hngggg

Why are so many headphones so uncomfy stock?
I have 4 headphones, none in their stock configuration. Even my IEMs use other foams.

Pic related, Fostex pads vs. replacement Alpha Pads.

If you're only looking into headsets, Sennheiser Game One/Zero or HyperX Clouds. Otherwise Fidelio X2's for fun, ATH AD9000X (cant remember the exact name) for competitive clarity

Thanks, I'll also take any other recommendations. Forgot to add I only listen to EDM.

If you listen to EDM then I assume you want some good bass
your best option is the X2 really

Okay gotta ask, I have been thinking to import it. But one question has been bugging my mind, assuming that you got a case of bad luck where your headphone breaks isn't it a hassle to claim the warranty? What will you do then? claim it? or just sit silently

the warranty isnt affected by where he lives
the only difference would be higher priced shipping to send it there

Thanks for the input. These are going to be my endgame so I just needed to check before I buy.

Thank you.

Now just one last thing to make sure: I won't need an amplifier? These are good to go for PS4, handheld gaming, phone, tablet, TV use?

no worries. i loved using mine for jazz and orchestral. so fuggin warm and comfy.

No, you won't need an amp. Unless your motherboard or phone or whatever source is 10 years old, you'll be fine
they're only 60 ohms

hell, ps4 controller can push HD600's and 800's fine.

Jesus people. Just buy a pair of nice Sennheisers.

So, modded hd800? Or Orpheus?

>fidelio x2
>good bass
lmao

HD800 is garbage modded or not.

if he actually wants a solid amount of bass, the X2 is the least muddy option

It ships faster to Ukraine lol.

X2 are mud cannons lmao.

forgot meme

quantity =/= quality

thats what you get with ali
waiting times of up to a month isn't uncommon
show me something with as much bass that isn't as sloppy in the same pricerange

I just noticed it says 'noise cancelling'. Is that just to catch buyer's attention? I heard that noise cancelling is kinda bad?

theyre not noise cancelling
its just chinks being chinks and not understanding the difference between isolation and cancellation
or theyre just being cheeky with marketing.

>the closest you're going to get to real accuracy out of a headphone is a lambda.
Why do you lie and spread misinformation?

seconding hd280, also hd25

Do headphones actually have any effect on acne?

Mine has been getting really bad lately (cheeks/jaw-line) and I'm wondering if I should stop wearing my heaphones.

I have a pair of xiaomi hybrids in the mail
did I fall for the meme?

depends on the material really
i cant see leather doing that unless its treated badly
and i doubt velour would
maybe if your earpads were those sort of 'breathable mesh' types that headsets often use or fake or differently treated leather

Wash or replace the pads.
Dirty earpads can make your acne worse, just like how a dirty bed sheet can make it worse.

if you have plebleather and long greasy hair then you're on a trip for bad

Not him but that's me. I don't have a problem with acne due to headphones and I wear them for hours daily

get IEMs kiddo

>mfw only click these threads to save the OP images

I really want to swap out the earpads on my MDR-7506s because they're pure fucking trash, but I can't decide which ones I want.

My problem with them is they're just too stiff and not just not soft enough for my tastes. I also don't like that my ears are able to touch the inside of the headphones and I prefer them to be just slightly farther away.

I love the feel of soft leather and would prefer them if they're actually supple and my ears won't touch be touching the speaker covering, but if not I think I'd rather have the Velour because they look thicker.

If anyone's tried either one do you mind giving me a quick rundown of how they feel? Other places I can find a different type/style/brand would also be nice but these are the only ones I can really find.

Thanks fellas, I'll probably just do what said for now.

Leather.

Velour don't mix well with the MDR-7506 (this is also confirmed with measurements). Yeah, I know the majority of people go with velour but many don't care about sound quality.

don't talk to me or my son ever again

lambskin feels great
from the pictures I'm not convinced the velour is thicker, it mostly looks like the ear hole is smaller but I could be wrong
anyway, I keep this thread handy when looking for pads: head-fi.org/t/653032/size-matters-earpad-hole-measurements-for-over-ear-headphones

get the lambskin dude
for mdr you do want a seal

>Budget
~$100 +/- $20
>Location
USA
>Source
PC
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed, but willing to go open (I have a roommate right now, but this might change in the near future. I've never had open back and I'm curios to try them)
>Comfort level
Top priority concern. I'm looking for something I can wear for hours at a time with glasses.
>Preferred tonal balance
Nuetral, but this is low priority
>Past headphones
NVX XPT100

I do a lot of gaming and listen to a lot of conversational podcast. For music It's a lot of electronic music and it's various sub genres (except dubstep) and some classical.

I liked my XPT100's a lot, but it's wearing out. Right now on Amazon for $80 I can get a new XPT100, ATHAD500X, SHP9500. For $100 I can get HD 558's. My concern about the other options is that I have a roommate (share a room) right now, but I'm not sure if I'll have one in the near future like 2 or 3 weeks from now.

If my situation changes I'll be living in an apartment with my own room, but I will be sharing the suite. If that happens should I be concerned about noise traveling through hollow walls? I have never owned a pair of open backs.

I used my XPT100's everyday and I picked them up because of /hpg/.

Thanks! looks like I'm going leather. Honestly anything is better than the stock pads but I was just having too much trouble deciding between the two.

Hey again /hpg/! Thanks again for your help the other day on finding headphones to use with my synths: My HD-600s will be here this evening!

Just thought I'd ask out of curiosity: I already bought a nice case for my headphones to keep them safe when not being used, but is there any reason to prefer using a stand instead? I've read a few sources claiming it "prevents wear on the band". Is this true, or just more placebo sillyness?

Also, any tips on dealing with my HD-600s / things I should know? Anything about how to properly break phones in? This is my first decent pair of headphones, and I wanna treat them right!

>prevents wear on the band
Not really, might even be worse with some stands.
It's for battlestation pics.

Figured as much: It didn't really make sense to me how a stand would somehow help the band, since it's putting constant pressure of gravity on it... Guess I'll stick with the case for now then: Maybe I'll get a stand later if I decide it's more convenient or something. Thanks!

Any recommendations for cheap IEMs for orchestra music or soundtracks?
I can't find any authentic piston 3s online anymore. Most of the ones listed are clear knock-off fakes.

>Budget
softcap of $50 USD
>Signature
Neutral is prefered but anything that goes well for orchestrated music is okay too.
>Previous headphones
MDR-v6, Piston 3s

Well what other headphones have the same qualities?
I know of no other headphones that double as speakers, let alone have a cool aesthetic on which to implement that speaker feature.

Just get the HD558, kiddo.
HD600 comes with a case in the box, there's no benefit to using a stand, in fact some can be worse since the earpads apply contact pressure and it can slowly degrade them.

Just rest them on your desk like any sane person would do.

If you can handle the deep fit and slightly high power requirements, maybe Etymotic MK5?

>HD600 comes with a case in the box
That's weird, I looked up the "contents of box" and it only mentions the headphones and 1/4 adapter. Is the case just some kinda added bonus? Cause I just bought a case...

youtube.com/watch?v=-qE4g0T3QdU

A box isn't quite the same as a case: I don't really regretting getting a nice portable case, but it's good to know I'll have the box for backup. I'll make sure to check unboxing videos in the future though!

>Anything about how to properly break phones in?
Headphones don't break in or burn in.

Plug it into your source and enjoy it from day one.

Really? I'd heard so much about how they need to "wear in" for 30 hours or whatever to sound "correct". Is that just the user getting acclimated to new equipment?

>Is that just the user getting acclimated to new equipment?
Pretty much.

Neat. I'll keep that in mind!

Just ordered this.

Did I fuck up?

>Budget
$200-ish
>Location
Canada
>Source
Mainly my iPod, PC too
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Very important.
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral. I don't know much about this. I listen to a lot of rock, electronic, downtempo, ambient, shoegazing, soundtrack. Not sure if that helps
>Past headphones
I owned Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP for a month before returning it due to some damage

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Sennheiser HD 558/598, but I'm afraid of leakage. I hear Audio-Technica ATH-M40x is good too (good price), but not very comfortable.

Gonna be traveling a lot too. On the bus, and walking around my university

Some headphones do measurably break-in but it's a very small amount. You can run pink-noise and tone sweeps through them if you want but there is no sense in not listening to them when you get them. Just don't listen to placebo-philes that claim to hear huge differences with break-in/burn-in. They'll even make these claims against DACs and cables and other such bullshit.

amazon.ca/Beyerdynamic-Custom-Headphone-Accessory-Microphone/dp/B00PK2LJ4E/

is $288 a good price to go for these? i'm getting a little impatient waiting for black friday to roll around, especially because camelcamelcamel trends say they're not really going to get much lower

I'd RMA my headphones if they showed such characteristics.

That can be due to minor changes in placement.

The only thing that can make a difference wrt headphone break-in are the pads which makes them seal better, but that's only for specific headphones like K 701.

Yeah, it's get it now before the price goes back up.

They don't usually drop in price on black friday, maybe on other sites.

do they use mini xlr?

DY770 is very comfortable, but not very portable, should work on the bus but not at all for walking, something smaller like the M40D might suit you better, you can also buy better pads for it to improve comfort, mdr7506 is also very portable, but the coiled cable might be annoying in your pocket while walking, it also accepts better pads such as the Auray Sheep Skin ones.n

It can occur in the driver. You can measure the driver without the baffle or anything else. You can also just not perturb the initial placement for measurement.

How much variation are we talking about here?

It's entirely possible that the driver can change a very tiny but, but IMO only if it's audible it's something worth discussing.

what about amazon warehouse? they hit a low of like 222 and they're on the way back up, at ~238 now. I've ordered a studio monitor through them with no issues, but how do they handle headphones, if you know

It's gonna be used stuff obviously with descriptors, you're lucky if you get one that some idiot bought and realized they leaked sound and placed them back inside of the box and sent it to amazon. That's practically brand new.

why the ghetto rigged hd650 headband?

>cool aesthetic
its like you want to be known as a closeted homosexual furfag

the speakers sound like shit and everyone is going to think you're an annoying cunt either way

get some fuckin bookshelf speakers and duct tape them to your head
at least piss people off without giving them ear cancer

H-help

How can I found out what the output impedance on my mobo is?
Manufacturer doesnt list anything?

>the noise isolation isn't as good as the yamahas
Tried the foamies? I suspect you aren't getting a good seal.

At what price point can I get it all: good bass, and clarity on mids and highs with no compromise or muddiness?

You can probably get that at around the $300-400 price mark with a compromise on comfort due to weight with magnaplanars alike the HE400S.

Under $100. MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 is the cheapest that will do what you want.
HE-400S sound like ass, dunno why the audio press likes them so much, the measurements are nothing special too.
Motherboard model?
SE215?

>HE-400S sound like ass
>If you don't like a sugg-
Oh.

>Budget
$350-400
>Location
Japan
>Source
PC mostly, sometime from my AK100II
Fullsize one
>Open or closed
Either works fine
>Comfort level
Much needed because i'll be using it daily when i'm working on my comp
>Preferred tonal balance
Preffered neutral sound
>Past headphones
Grado SR60i, i liked the sound but didn't quite a fan with their level of comfy
Campfire Orion, Noble Savant and Grado GR10, i go out a lot too so i got few pairs of IEMs to switch out depend on mood

I've been setting my eyes on the HD 650 for awhile now and i've tested them out myself too and they do sound brilliant. But i'm still gonna try to find other options for the above price range
Amp-wise i also have an Objective 2 ODAC combo sat on my table now

Just look at the measurements, recession in the upper midrange does not mean he'll get the clarity in the mids that he wants.

HD650 is a safe option, HD600 is a brighter alternative. If you can take a trip to Akiba there's a few stores with lots of headphones to try.

HE400S sucks.

I just bought an SMSL M6 DAC/Amp

How shit of a decision have I made?

That's the same worry I'm having with an o2 odac and HE400i. I hope I didn't fuck up too badly with the 400i

What would you suggest to fit his request?

(same guy)
>Budget
$250AU (Can obviously increase for value)
>Location
Australia
>Source
Used my PC for my previous headphones, but I recently bought an SMSL M6 dacamp.
Fullsized (Overears are nice)
>Open or closed
Open, unless you can convince me to buy closed headphones that are even better for the same price.
>Comfort level
I think we're at velour level here?
>Preferred tonal balance
Really good soundstage and clear layering of instruments.
I do like bassy headphones.
I don't like harsh highs (Although I can make series and parallel filters to lower the highs on most headphones)
>Past headphones
AKG K240 - Really boring analytical sound. To be honest I couldn't hear any bass almost at all.
Modded Superlux HD281 - Needs more lower mid clarity. Highs were to harsh but my mod fixed that.
Sony MDR ZX660 and ZX600 - the zx600s just lack everything mostly... ZX660s had way too much bass it was muddy asf.

400i is the best of the 400 series.
Read my post.

Should I go for this?

No

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Sorry it's Newegg.ca

Does the SHP9500 have tighter bass than the HD 558? I own the HD 518, and they sound great for jazz, but the low end doesn't sound good for pop/electronic.

I have SHP9500 and they do have nice tight bass. With a bit of EQing, it gets even better. From everything I've read, they do indeed have more bass than the Senns

>Read my post.
What part?

>HE-400S sound like ass, dunno why the audio press likes them so much, the measurements are nothing special too.
Nope.

>Just look at the measurements, recession in the upper midrange does not mean he'll get the clarity in the mids that he wants.'
Nope.

>HE400S sucks.
Nope.

>Read my post.
Nope.

All you've done is shitpost on the HE400S.

Sennheiser HD 558
or if you want closed Beyerdynamics DT 770

Both comfy as fuck. Amazing velour pads.
Really the best two options in your budget.

not really
theyre probably the best sounding headset on the market atm
that said you could have bought HD 558's and a desk mic for both better headphone and mic sound quality

Get ATH- M40X and put some nice pads on em. Either velour or real leather. You can afford some with that budget. HM5 pads work nice apparently. They'll be comfy from that point.

Otherwise if you don't need portability, get DT 770's.

The 558's are damn good, but if you have a loud environment, or want to use them for travlel, they're really not the best option.

No. They're slightly colder and have slightly less bass. Both respond pretty well to EQ though.

They're both fairly similar though. The 558's are only better imo due to better comfort. Nice velour material. I find the mesh stuff on the 9500's quite irritating Sound quality is kind of up to the listener with those differences.

What do you mean 'doesn't sound good for pop/electronic'? bad in what way?
Not enough bass? Because the 518 are the most bassy of last gen 5xx.
Rr as in too much bass? The 558 are definitely a lot tighter than the 518.

Are these fake?

ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-7506-Professional-Closed-Ear-Back-Large-Dynamic-Studio-Audio-Headphones/232072960576

Just buy them on amazon you idiot, it's 80 bucks there.

Amazon won't ship to my 3rd world country

unlikely
store has been around for over a decade
the feedback is good on both that item and the store itself

ebay is good at refunds too

You know not everyone lives in the US right?

amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ/

Ships worldwide

You're right. Thanks

See image

If Amazon won't ship to your country then what makes you think Ebay will?

It has international shipping you idiot.

yeah just google that shit

Are there leather pads for the HD600s? Google shows nothing but velour replacements and I hate that shit.

The fuzzy velour ones that come with stock get hot easily and they also irritate my face. It's like being wrapped in a scratchy carpet.

I'm planning on getting the Superlux HD668B. Can anyone suggest a good dac and amp to go along with this.

Is going from Superlux 668B to a takstar 2050 rebrand a step up or lateral move? I want a bigger soundstage and a little more bass but still have clarity.

I have both. I have purchased a few headphones around that price range. I wish that I had put the money towards one higher quality headset. I have DT 770s now, and I don't really use any of the others any more, because these are much more comfortable.

My advice would be to save up for a higher end headset.

Meant to reply to this:

You don't need either unless your mobo output is literal shit.
They're easy to drive, and external DACs are almost useless at that point unless you can hear noise from interference.

It is a step up, but not massively. Soundstage won't be better. Clarity will be about the same, but more even and smooth. The 668B has terrible treble spiking and nonexistent bass compared to the Hi2050

Personally I'd jump up to something like HD 558's or SHP 9500's if you can, but that said, if you do want a more comfy set, the HI2050's are great.

Thanks man

Thanks for responding.

You mentioned DT770's They come in in a few different resistances. I don't have an amp nor do I plan to get one in the foreseeable future. I also don't have a dedicated sound card (Not sure if this matters or not).

Will I be fine if I get the 80 ohm version or should I get the 32 ohm version? My XPT100 are 62 ohms and the HD558 are 50 Ohms. I'd be using them on my computer almost exclusively.

What is an acceptable ohm range for computers and laptops?

Can someone tell me what 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound means for headphones? I just started a game with a pair of stereo headphones that supposedly do not have surround sound, but I most definitely heard sounds coming from different directions. So what would I get by buying a pair that advertises itself as having 7.1 surround sound?

At best nothing that you didn't already have, aka DSP to emulate. At worst you get a headphone with a bunch of cheap, crappy, tiny drivers and probably a "subwoofer port" that serves no purpose.

Advice pls?
budget - 150$
location - US
Source - my computer and MP3 players
preferred type - full sized, pads must surround whole ear
open or closed - no preference
comfort level - must be high
tonal balance - I listen to metal so there can't be weak bass
previous headphones - currently using a hyperx cloud revolver, I am enjoying the clarity of different sounds but all the sound is kind of...tinny?

Sounds like you want something the opposite of tinny, aka "warm" and "rich." HD598?

Sup Cred Forums, please excuse my ignorance of headphone knowledge, have pity on me.
I need new headphones as my old adjustable bands got fucked up somehow, is this acceptable?
amazon.com/gp/product/B00V31B928/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?psc=1&smid=A19PLFGP1FUI3T&ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=ipad0e2e-20&linkId=OMBRYAX56M45VB35
I'm mainly looking for headphones that are bluetooth wireless, has a detachable headphones cable, and is foldable (closed back is nice too)
I barely have cash to spend because college. Just need something that'll do for when I'm listening to music during schoolwork/traveling, playing games, etc. I'm sorry if all this seems like a burden, just wanna check up with the Cred Forumsurus if there's something better.

I'm seeing a hell of a lot of Sennheiser Momentums at my university. Judging from reviews, they seem alright, but I already have a closed portable. I guess what I want to find is an HD600 or other comparable open headphones with "premium" build.

How good do headphones get at more expensive levels? Is there any reason to get a 250 dollar sennheiser instead of the 150 dollar one?

You get what you pay for.

Don't assume price is indicative of quality especially with headphones.

Is there any way to describe the difference? I'm not an audiophile

>spend hundreds on headphones just to listen to vapourwave trash

Who are you referring to here?

Could be more accurate to the source and bring out some details you never heard before. Could have a more fine-tuned and favorable frequency response. Could be built better. There's a lot of things.

My points of comparison here are the M40x and SR80e. The HD 518 has a good level of bass, but it doesn't sound very tight. I was thinking about picking up the DT 770 Pro for more general listening.

Does Cred Forums know any good on ear headphones that I should get? Id like to get my cousin a pair and throw away his beats.

Stop being autistic / your cousin won't fuck you.

If we make a suggestion then you'll just take your cousin's beats, bub. Stop being jelly.

>Budget
$300 (SGD400)
>Location
Singapore
>Source
Phone/laptop
IEM
>Open or closed
no preference
>Comfort level
comfort is good when fit is good
>Preferred tonal balance
clear and tight bass
>Past headphones
Senn. IE80 sound really good but died too soon after warranty to justify price, also look dumb
Shure SE425 crisp sound but weak bass, cable is retarded

anyone have experience with Sony XBA-300?

Oppo PM3
Audeze Sine

>Budget
40 dollars (USD) flexible
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
My android phone
Bluetooth
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Maximum comfort
\

To expand: I am going to be sleeping in these, and I want them soundproof and cozy. Sound quality is the last priority.

Uhm, other than pillow speakers I can't think of a headphone that would really be comfy. Custom IEMs would work but they're definitely not $40, more like $400

Really? Should I just buy this then

amazon.com/GoldWorld-Comfortable-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B01DPBI7PK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&linkCode=sl1&tag=triobest-20&linkId=f9825faaa43a6f333b95100ac8070dc6

Honestly yeah that would probably be your best bet if you're going to sleep with it on.

>Budget
~$100

>Location
USA

>Source
Computer

Over the ear

>Open or closed
Not sure...for use at home gaming mostly, was thinking open but I live in a big city with lots of ambient noise & don't want to bother the wife.

>Comfort level
I'd like them to be pretty comfy

>Preferred tonal balance
Not sure...mostly for gaming & light music / video

>Past headphones
Various shitty earbuds

Xaomi piston 3. I like em

>nobody actually bothering to help at all
kill yourselves

fuck you

>being this edgy

It's actually not that bad if you know where to shop.

Beyerdynamic dt 250 (250 ohm) for instance are 260 AU on amazon, and 300 AU in australia. Plus you don't have to pay ridiculous shipping fees that usually end up costing you the same if not more.

That said they're 230 on ebay.

I have no idea why you're complaining.

One is possibly a funny joke and the other is autism incarnate.

I can see why you spend all day on Cred Forums.

>boo hoo Cred Forums isn't tech support

Somebody needs to update the price/performance graphs we used to have so we can at least argue about something.

All these recommendfags would need to do is refer to the chart and that's it. I don't feel like recommending the DT-770 or HD-600 or re-400 or whatever other cheap dogshit turbo poorfag earbud recommendation over and over and over and over and over

These threads litteraly exist to help eachothers out

Helping is different from spoonfeeding.

what could you possibly spoonfeed in a subject like headphones?

80 Ohms works fine in pretty much anything. People always overestimate impedance. Its more dependent on the actual headphone rather than the measured resistance. HD 800's can be driven from PS4 Controllers for example.

You /should/ be able to push 250 ohms fine, but if youre worried, 80 ohms is fine. Also, look for the 'Pro' version of the 770's if youre going for the 80 ohms. Their pads don't discolour after a few years, and IMO they look a bit better as well. Its not a major issue, but its something to think about.

770 def does have a tigher bass than the 518, as does the 558. The level of bass on the 558's is a fair bit less than the 770's.
770's have slightly more bass than the m40x, but its not a sloppy bass.

DT 770. Big and comfy, good bass.
Ignore the people saying to buy senn's if you want bass. That said metal doesnt actually rely on bass too much. Certainly not on the level of EDM or hip hop. I love some sludge or doom on my 598's.

You don't seem like youre exactly 100% on everything, so i'd reccomend going to a headphone store and listening to music you like on different headphones. You'd be surprised.

the 598's are no better than 558. its just sennheiser being stupid as usual.

you really don't a lot of the time.

558's or 770's if you can afford em.
558's will be better for vidya due to the noice soundstage and imaging. 770's are more v shaped, but they sound good. they'll isolate if you decide you don't want the ambient noise.

a lot of my above replies might apply to you too

if you can't afford 770's go for MDR v6, or ATH-m40x with a pad change

you seem mad

I would agree what everything you said if only the DT770 wasn't sibilant. I can't recommend those to anyone that doesn't have hear loss on higher frequencies

ive never had issues personally, and the people who ive forced to listen to em haven't either. it's very close to sibilant, but not quite imo. borderline at best. probably more of a personal preference issue.

and there are plenty of 'mods' [if you call putting a bit of foam or felt in front of the driver a mod] you can do to completely cut any sibilance out.

Hi, everybody!
I need new headphones for my Android+Fiio_E18 sandwich. Please give me your advice.

>Budget
It's low, but flexible. About 100$ (6500-7000 RUR)

>Location
Russia. You can compare prices here -> market.yandex.ru

>Source
ChinkPhone + Fiio E18

IEM

>Comfort level
I don't worry even about dick in my ear

>Preferred tonal balance
I don't know. What will be best for witch house music?

>Past headphones
Panasonic WF830EB
Kingston HyperX Cloud Core

I think CloudCore was pretty good, but those headphones was plugged into PC built-in realtek sound card. It's ruined music by elusive noise and scratches.

How do you think this curve looks?

>I think CloudCore was pretty good, but those headphones was plugged into PC built-in realtek sound card. It's ruined music by elusive noise and scratches.

You know you can use your Fiio e18 as a DAC for your PC, right?
That would eliminate any noises from your motherboard sound.

>You know you can use your Fiio e18 as a DAC for your PC, right?
Yep, i know. Now I look something more lightweight than those kingston headphones.

Dunno, there's top performing headphones at every price bracket like v6, etys, hd600, orpheus.

New thread.

a rollercoaster which differs between each person

>anyone have experience with Sony XBA-300?
Maybe you'll like that, it has the bass you want.

What university, at mine everyone and their dog uses beats by dre...

RE-400?

University of Washington in Seattle. I'm guessing it's the hipsters. To be fair, Beats probably outnumber Momentums.

I try to help whenever i can, but it's not easy to do so alone and there aren't many who do the same, besides, it can get really boring to suggest the same stuff over and over while having little to no relevant debates.

>Do headphones actually have any effect on acne?

No, but drinking store-bought milk and eating store bought dairy products does. Stop consuming those things.

Thank you

558s don't have a detachable cable

Yes they do.
You cooked, user?