Let's be real Cred Forums

Let's be real Cred Forums.
Why do YOU care about privacy if you truly have nothing to hide?
You do have something to hide don't you?

Because I dont want federal agents snooping in my shit(again)

I care about the freedom of speech even though I have nothing to say, either.

Then shut the fuck up.

Why do you have a door for your house?

Because i dont want ppl to steal my things

It's cold outside.

i just dont want to be tracked everywhere i go which is why i dont have a cell.

Not really, I have a pretty legendary port collection that everyone fills up on when we LAN.

It's more the direction this system is heading, and some people DO have things to hide, and they should be able to.

kek

You base life off fiction?

Once they have everyone by the balls then they will change the rules and the need to have something to hide won't be possible. That's the whole aim of the government's current assault on privacy and crypto.

A good person will have nothing to hide.

What's your address, OP? I want to go stand in your window and watch you sleep. You've got nothing to hide, right?

this

1925 Quarry Rd, St. Cloud MN

It's the principle.

And your apartment number?

Who decides what a good person is? I certainly don't trust you to by that statement, and I definitely don't trust incompetent, greedy, and hawkish corporatists in bed with the military-industrial complex who casually line their pockets with blood money without a second thought.

Am I a bad person because I don't trust people not to fuck me over? Perhaps, but I think you are also a bad person when you are naive enough not to fulfill the obligations you have to yourself and the people close to you.

>You do have something to hide don't you?
Yes, my personal information, that's why it's called personal. Do you have your SSN tattooed on your face?

>good person
The definition of a good person is relative.

Fiction can be relevant in real life.

Phone number, social security number and the names and addresses of all your family members plz.

The government isn't to be trusted in any society.

It's nature is to become corrupt.

Is there really anyone who doesn't have something to hide?
It's not illegal to stick objects inside your rectum but I don't want the government in there too

4a
six five one - three eight zero - one seven nine seven
398 08 4452
Nothing bad will happen because people are good.

>The definition of a good person is relative.
A majority of philosophers believe in moral realism.

I have a wood rectangle fetish

I dont like being spied on. If you spy on me then you build mistrust and I will not support as a company.

Benign observation isn't spying.

>thisisbait.jpg

Because those who say nothing when something doesn't affect them are the first to blame when the powers that be come for them. Q

bad person detected
If you have nothing to hide it will literally never affect you.

I have to hide my political contributions.

Damn. Better be ready with your wallet tomorrow

You should want to believe people are good, and do just enough to where it doesn't hurt you too badly in case you are wrong.

Part of being good is admitting you can be wrong, even when it is tragic to be wrong. You definitely shouldn't be a fool though. There are very clearly people who will harm you if it benefits them.

I don't have anything to hide. And I don't want to be enforce into something I want to do. I'll be better off if no one recognizes me who cares what anyone sees. I feel nothing anymore.

Well when it comes to windows 10 I would call it spying even china and russia declare it as spyware. It collects sensitive information and microsoft has hundreds of servers collecting massive amounts of informatio from everyone.

Dubs of truth

Chinese and Russians are by and large bad people.

I care because of my political views. Back in my country my right wing opinions are shared amongst majority of population, hoverer due to fact that I can earn 8 times more doing the same job I moved to the cucked West where not willing to adopt a 34 years old Syrian underage refugee can get you in trouble.

>believing Cred Forums's depiction of the west

I live in UK, beliefs have nothing to do with it.

That logic is shit.

Protip: If you have ever once stopped to think about something before you said it out loud or posted about it on the internet, then you have something to hide. If you've ever said something and regretted it later, then you have something to hide. If you've ever done anything that you're not proud of and prefer not to talk about, then you have something to hide.

So you'd be willing to have people watch you through your windows in your own home? While you eat, sleep, undress etc?
I personally would rather not be watched for the simple reason that privacy is a basic human need.

>If you have ever once stopped to think about something before you said it out loud or posted about it on the internet
No I just wanted to be polite, I didn't have something to hide.

Because I have. Everyone has. Even you.

The more information is public, the more information is collected on behaviors the more likely it is for more and more things to get controlled by law and/or have an associated social norm.

Anyway, the I have nothing to hide bs needs a context; from whom? That's the important question. Governments, corporations, military are not your friends. The time for that has long been gone. People have certain interests and they most likely don't match with yours. The only people who truly supported/support you were/are your parents.

More information collected allows exploitation, especially if it's collected in a covert or totalitarian way, because that blocks accountability or makes it extremely hard.
For example not every government agent is a good man. They can blackmail you or commit crimes against you. Transparency makes this easier. Corruption among cops is rampant. Thousands of cops get arrested per year and roughly half the abuse they do is done while on duty. People care for themselves, the system (a good system) blocks them from doing some things by enforcing certain rules and having a good dynamics by making people enforce it on each other.
Any working system has to be an extension of working natural order.

Having access to this kind of information also promotes cabalistic behavior by simply giving high-ranking people (politics, false mainstream ideals, etc. ) a better probability of success. Good transparency towards the public and respecting privacy is the way to make sure that people who want to commit crimes from the inside have to work hard and long so they are more likely to be caught.
This also stops centralization of authority.
I haven't even told you anything about *profit* oriented corporations which could sell your data to other people (rivals). Corruption in the corporate world is also rampant, due to the simple fact that it's human nature.

We would be a healthier less deceitful and less shameful society if we could all watch each other t all times.

Just no that is creepy as fuck. Kill yourself

Says no one except you

To keep the heat inside.

Nope, some people don't care for half of those things you wrote. This is isn't some muh propaganda from your new favorite sci-fi show about love, it's actual life. It is also psychologically unhealthy for a human being to share certain information or (be forced to) work in a certain way.

What you said might be correct in a theoretical context for another race which thinks like that, but we are not that race. We are humans.

Instead of spouting bs why don't you learn how real people in the real world deal/dealt with things and be proud of it. Just because some SJW or the media says that something is an inappropriate behavior doesn't mean it actually is. There is nothing to stop you from gaining knowledge from our history. Most people simply don't think deep enough, don't care, think they know everything or succumb to (most of the case false) social pressure.

Do you also believe everything you see on the news?

Why can't I go to any politicians house and have a look at his papers and files.

Why can't I have a free look of some competing corporations papers so I could steal the new product designs.

Why can't I get your home address, social security number, date of birth, photos and all your credit card numbers.

Because you are an individual actor with nothing to lose and no track record of being trustworthy, not a multibillion dollar company.

Actually considering that a multi-billion dollar company is less trustworthy.
It's easier to get fucked if you officially ask for those as an individual rather than a company. Inside of a company discrepancies can stay hidden for longer.

And what reason would a company like Microsoft or Google have to use my information? Buy things online with my credit card number?

What things that I wrote?

Improve safety and harmony of society.

Surveillance tech has been hacked before and will be hacked again, then used by criminals.
Every new method of surveillance introduces another attack vector to use by criminals.

Fuck up and leak my data by accident. Which is what companies do all the time.

An idividual working for them could use your information for his own gain

When has there ever been an incident of leaked data by Google?

People asked this about Dropbox and any other service.
Every networked device is fundamentally unsafe. Spreading your data over computers you don't even control yourself should be considered the same as dumping documents on the street.

Epic cuck levels detected.

Employees do not have access to customer information.

So you don't use a credit card and pay for everything in cash?

>probably half of this thread faps to loli or other f*cked up shit
Nothing to hide...

Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that

If someone asks me to give up my privacy:
1. Is behefitting from it
2. Is a mindwashed fuck

How much money you have and what you buy can allow them to give you better advertisements. Am I right?

Now, what if the things you buy are related to your health. For example a mental illness? Regardless of whether they filter it out information will be stored, it gets shittier if they outsourced processing to an outside agency. Someone might know get access to it. Someone (a corrupt employee) could leak it.
We could even talk about domestic intelligence activities. The outsourced company could be your government in disguise. They can actually order whatever company to collect X data because they need it. Someone could profit of from you. (Blackmail, or even having access to a patent you're working on and beating you to registering.)
There is a lot of if in this, but history has proven shit needs to hit the fan only once. Also without transparency and with policies and compartmentalization you might not even know when shit hits the fan.

Also more personal shit stored the more high value a target becomes and the larger the fuck up if it's successfully hit. Don't forget information about not very high-ranking public servants; it's the heaven for blackmailers.

If they don't then how do they work for you? Someone always has access to your info and usually it's more people than it would be necessary (laziness and "I don't care" behavior) or you think.

>What things that I wrote?

>less deceitful
>less shameful
All I tried to say with a bit more background and incentive that a lot of people want to make you feel ashamed and deceive you. In fact it's a common tactics to deceive people by appealing to their shame. However the resolving it can be done in a natural way instead of going against basic human nature and physiological needs.

Sorry for the typos, I'm a bit tired I just noticed them. Forgot to reread.

Information is property and private property is theft ergo all information should be public.

I guess I should stop using any services then. Make all my purchases with cash. Phone calls? Nope, logs are stored by the carrier. Email? Nope, send me a snail mail so I can burn it later.

Actually, I should just drop out of society and live as a hermit in the woods.

Do you cover your face around security cameras too? If you don't 'they' already know your every move.

Only in certain cities is security footage actively analyzed

If you have nothing to hide then why don't you say an do all the rude things to people that you can possibly think of? In fact why don't you do it to police officers all the time whenever you get the chance? See how well that goes over for you.

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

Yes

>If you have nothing to hide then why don't you say an do all the rude things to people that you can possibly think of
Because that would be rude?

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

user, I'm all for being paranoid and shit but you're taking it to ridiculous levels

Who is your ISP?

I know you're being sarcastic, but actually it's closer to the truth than you realize.

The problem is that you're easier to track and exploit the more information is available about you. It also matters how it's available and how it can be accessed.

Doing all those things would certainly make you unable to live your life, but don't let the current state of affairs fool you about how the future state of affairs should be.

Information can be accessed and processed like never before by using technology. It's not about whether you should use a service it's more about (if you want to solve this on a global scale) how something is done.
How transparent something is, what safeguards are in place. Who and how cross-checks it and (again) how and who prevents malicious things. What are the dynamics for certain entities controlling each other? What are the security protocols in place? How can X information be accessed?
For a IT system this can be extremely important which in turn stores all your data.
Actually the entire society (infrastructure+people+laws) nowadays can be viewed as an IT system and you can do a security audit on it.

Laws can give a somewhat absolute guideline, they are the baseline and they should act like that.
As complexity increases people can hide their corruption, agenda and cabalistic behavior in that complexity. That's exactly what happening now. There is no overall consensus on this rapid tech. advancement. People try to profit from it and take advantage.

I'm not saying you should go batshit crazy, but consider everything from a healthy (psychology + physiology) human perspective and try to consider the needs/perspectives/rights of others. The system should server you and healthy human relations not vice versa.

>thieves enter from the window
>call cop's
>they arrive at your house
>can't figure a way in because you use a unbreakable, unscriptable wood door

>unscriptable
Then how did you placed it? Or how did you write the events for it's use? I don't think so this engine called reality supports unscriptable stuff.

Legit question here op, why don't you move to North Korea and live there for few years and tell us how you like it?

The people of North Korea have nothing to hide from their government or the companies or from each other. You would do just fine there!

Because you my good sir have nothing to hide, the Red Star OS from North Korea is the right choise for you.

Why do you care about "being rude" if you have nothing to hide? What are you afraid of?

I don't want to hurt others.

Considering how much of a fuck up he is I think they would make him the new PR (or whatever) guy and he would have a seat right next to Kim Jong-un. I mean he doesn't even have to learn all that propaganda he already knows it! He will get all the whores and all the money.

If you value your privacy so much why don't you move to some random forest in Africa where no one will spy on you?

Congrats, you just figured out why OP's post is stupid

Nope.

There's an interesting two-dimensional grid.

Legal - illegal and acceptable - unacceptable.

Legal and acceptable: Vidya
Legal and unacceptable: Bad Dragon
Illegal and acceptable: Marijuana
Illegal and unacceptable: CP

From that follows that you have perfectly valid reasons to not talk about some things.

If you are the op, why don't you use the Red Star?

I'm a bit misanthropic, so I don't want peoples snooping on me.
Don't you like being alone and in peace?

Without privacy the acceptable - unacceptable dimension collapses.

Home connection or my VPN?

Because it's a shitty OS?

How did you pay for your VPN?

working for dominos when I was out of high school I had people's emails phone numbers and even saved credit card info without manager's approval
cant imagine the shittery that goes on with google

You must have something to hide then.

No it's not. I just prefer to use my current OS because it is technically superior. But why aren't you living in a forest in Africa?

Google probably runs tighter ship than a random Dominoe's chain.

Oh wow man you have my phone number! I'm so scared! How do you plan to blackmail me with the fact that I ordered a pizza last week?

t. NSA

by collecting yours and everyone else's phone number and selling it to a telemarketer database without your permission

To add to this surveillance and information collection on the level achievable with today's technology allows unprecedented research into human behavior and profiling.
This research should be done by a well controlled non-profit research institution with public papers and a transparent system rather than a covert government agency. This ensures that no supreme advantage (they can't execute their agenda that easily and allows competition) is gained by corrupt people, cabals, shadow governments or simply your actually government.

I don't get telemarker calls because I only receive calls from an approved whitelist.

Jesus Christ user your purchases alone are enough to keep Reynolds in business

If they understand me better then they can make my life easier and make me happier.

Why are you using so secure OS then and say it's superior. This is very suspicious and you also try to avert the attention by asking me other things.

What are you hiding? Do you have a firewall and nat enabked? Are you a pedophile? Or a political / religious extremist? You must be a terrorist or a spy!

Why aren't you moving to Africa?

>privacy fag sperging out because his standard spiel failed

>Privacy is suddenly a bad thing
When will this meme end?

1. If I don't have anything to hide why should I leak all my data?
2. Privacy is required for security and safety. Post your fabebook ID if you don't agree
3. Why are you using this anonymous image board if you don't care about privacy? Also take off your clothes, you aren't hiding any weapons inside your clothing, are you?

No, I will blackmail you with the fact that you called Dr. Kunberg who works at a cancer treatment institution. Someone also buys a parking ticket (the automata reports stats) in a nearby parking lot every month on the first Friday 16-19. This is consistent with a hole in your work schedule based on your Google calendar.
That 3 hours and the once per every month visit considering the specialty of Dr. Kunberg is consistent with cancers of type X, Y.

Now I will forward this information to a black market database or should I say private database only accessible to large corporations and high-profile clients.

Despite the fact that you're a well known expert in your field you might now find that no high-profile company wants to hire you. This might have to do something with the fact that your max. life expectancy is 5 more years.
Now how will you earn all that money for your 12 year old son so when you die in 5 years your wife will have some savings so she can raise him and maybe send him to college.

Okay so go become freelance then, you got no experience in that and all those people who work at those big corporations don't seem to recommend you.

Maybe it's just the fact that you had a bad opinion on gays when you talked with your friends on facebook. No one wants a racist. It's good that you secured your account with your phone number, now we know who you are. We admit, your facebook name is funny though.

No one wants to do anything for you. They don't want to make your life easier they want to abuse you and make you work more for less. The only reason they would make you happy is that you would become an obedient slave.
Seriously this is the lamest shit ever, proven wrong by a primary school history class.

(I know half of these posts are bait, at least I hope so.)

Hiding something there I see :^)

No. I just don't want to use a shitty OS that isn't compatible with my hardware and is only available in Korean.

Now why don't you move to Africa if privacy is so important?

I don't have a wife or son and if I had cancer and only 5 years left to live I would spend it enjoying the rest of my life as much as possible instead of being a wage slave.

Of course I do, stupid frog poster. Everybody does. Would you feel confortable to have some unknown person having access to all your search queries, emails, private conversation and overall online activity?

Information is power. If some entity knows everything about you, down to your deepest secrets, it'd have a lot of power over you. It could fuck your life in so many different ways. And if this same entity had information on everybody, it would rule the world. That's stepping into the realm of gods.

"And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. And He knows what is on the land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darknesses of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that it is [written] in a clear record." - Quran 6:59

Shill

top kek, sure thing bud

The law and the government should represent everyone equally well. Because one example doesn't concern you that doesn't mean that it doesn't fuck up others or that we can't find an example which fucks you up.

How about the comment about gays?
(You don't need to reply though, you're baiting so hard that it's almost 0/10, but I'll give you a 1/10.)

Red Star is a Linux / GNU distro and it will run on your hardware if you have an intel or amd processor. You also can change the language if you want.

I don't have a Facebook account.

If I am happy and feel free am I a slave?
That's not me user.

Why would I go out of the way to install it over my current operating system? What advantages does it offer?

David Mery is why. All he did was miss a train and he got arrested and wasn't allowed the leave the country for years.

>If I am happy and feel free am I a slave?
That is a not so real perspective.

Different kind of things make people happy and different definitions of free exist. It depends on the man what he thinks should be allowed for someone as free.
Things which make someone happy can be denied as well as things which you believe should be allowed for a free man disallowed.

How many people will be happy and free? Also, don't you want to live your life to the fullest by real (natural) metric? Are you weak minded who conforms easily to authority out of fear?

How long will you be happy? Will they only allow it while they solidify their rule? Long term is the key victory.
The short-term decisive victory for them will be the tipping point on a long journey. If something like that happens.

>Also, don't you want to live your life to the fullest by real (natural) metric?
Why are you imposing your "real" metric on me?

Because governments around the world are getting more and more authoritarian and anything that doesn't fit their narrative can get you in trouble. Look at the west. You can't criticize poor good boi refugees because then you're a racis shitlord and you can lose your job. Not to mention people talking about gun rights.
Freedom of speach is slowly dying and people like you should be hanged for your crimes against society.

Freedom of association is also a part of free speech. If someone doesn't like you or your thoughts then they should be free to not associate with you.

We're operating under a principle of population control and domination of an overwatch which creates an artificial sphere for the individual. In the sense that an individual can only assume one identity and one existence, excluding renewal on a certain level of dimension.

Let's say we're all cavemen for a moment, there is no justified reason anyone is allowed to know if I'm in my cave or not, what and who is in my cave.... When a user pool is created, I understand that the privacy conscious individual blends in with the criminals, money launderers, fugitives and the like thus strengthening a cipher or sometimes specifying even more the spotlight (more privacy is often less privacy as one isn't blended in a plurality)

That's why privacy should ultmately remain a right in the sense of freedom, locking up my cave and my own self because we're entering a matter of prediction and awareness of consciousness in a broader sense that yes we have a transparent world and it all starts with an international financial police, the shift is very true and justified.

But if you don't like muslims then it's okay for everyone to attack you? Mob mentality at it's finest

... However, one can sometimes be caught in the crossfire in the pursuit of authorities in their legitimate quest of justice and a private individual can stand in the way of mudding the tracks or contributing unconsciously to the protection of hiding indiividuals, whether the purpose of hiding is justified or not, sometimes imaginary.

I think that privacy can be defneded because we're not just a simple herd marked with a hot iron, tagged and shipped as a statistic because even if our physical being is monitored, one would always want a sense of liberty while breaking free from the shackles of observance and the watchful eye to assume having something hide for the sake of hiding because it's an integral part of freedom to be able to hide.

I wouldn't say it's immoral to hide or even help people from hiding, you could take numerous citizens that hid Jews during the Nazi occuption of Europe and that did not make them criminals but rather heroes (depending on the victor).

As humans we're stacking up in contingency in the event this capacity of not being able to hide is used against us and it's a mere instinct of survival when you consider the subjectivity in the application of law which is sometimes arbitrary, without taking the whole picture of being free in a continually evolving environment.

Cred Forums stop making up things

And how would you feel if you were forced to hire a raging tumblrwhale SJW?

Not an argument

The same if I was forced to hire a muslim

I'm not. I was just asking. You do your shit whatever way you want to. Every one of us is different.

I just want more ways to be able to achieve happiness and more (reasonable) things to do within the framework of the concept we call freedom.

I don't want both of those things to be less instead I want them to be more.

I think that's reasonable and in such a system you can find your own way considering that it gives you more freedom.

However if you're fine with a dull existence provided and carefully managed by a big brother then I can't agree with that.
In fact the majority of humans didn't agree with that during the history of mankind and don't agree with that now. It's just the way it is.

If you do think like that then I have to consider you a minority, but I will still try to do my affairs in a way that doesn't harm you unless, of course, it is absolutely necessary to designate you as an enemy. Some people just can't get on with each other.
To tell you the truth I also somewhat care for the overall human race. We accomplished so much and I don't want it to be turned to ash because of some greedy/corrupt/totalitarian assholes. Especially that probably in both ways you could find happiness. In "perfect" freedom after all you could willingly make yourself a slave if you want to, but that doesn't work the other way around.

People tend to look the other way until the shit really hits the fan.

Regarding the slave thing if you do someone else's bidding you're a slave. Regardless of how you feel about it. Human nature largely rejects it. So the future is about whether you can choose to be a slave or you have to be a slave. I'm fine with people choosing to be slaves, I'm not fine with people being forced into slavery (regardless of form).

What if people I know and that I contact have something to hide ? A journalist, maybe ? Or maybe I work in the R&D of a famous company, and spying on me can be used as a door to spy my whole company. What if my colleagues have something legit to hide ?

What if I actually don't know if I have something to hide, since I can't see what the spy is looking for ?
Am I safe ? Did I do something that might be suspicious ? How can I know I shouldn't do it again for my own good, if I don't know what interests the ones spying ?
What if I don't trust the next government, they'll still have the tools of the previous ones, right ?

>What if people I know and that I contact have something to hide
Why are you associating with such people?

see :
>What if I actually don't know if I have something to hide, since I can't see what the spy is looking for ?
I can't know if they are people I better avoid associating with.
Or Maybe, they're just friends that have a sensitive job.

Then you should get in trouble.

Actually I wrote this post in a hurry and I was wrong to call you a slave or a minority. Even if half the people think like you doesn't change anything.

My point is: the government and the law should represent all kind of people within reason equally. This means that you have the right to choose. You can choose in such a system to be governed by a "big brother" and I can choose to allow less information about myself to be seen and tend to myself.
This needs efforts from both kind of people or actually from all kind of people in existence, but it prevents war and allows people to exist as peacefully as they can (which should be the goal).
It might be easier to subscribe to a system which only cares about your kind of thinking, but that would mean that other people suffer and most probably it would also mean war.
What I meant about being an enemy and a minority was regarding this. Are you willing to put in the effort so you can be whatever you want to be? Because I would allow you (you have a right to it) and I would make sure that you have the right to do it just as everyone else does.
However if you don't want to put this effort in then I indeed can't reason with you.
In practice this is a much harder problem because people just don't /can't give a fuck about some things, myself included. I'll try my best though. In the end nature will decide.

KEK. The baiting never ends.

I don't care if it's passive data collection, like if a site logs when I visit it. But if there's bloat shit constantly running on my devices, then I care. I also care about backdoored "security" - if government can use it, then so can criminals - literally how secureboot keys were stolen.

"I didn't know he was a terrorist" isn't an excuse.
In world without privacy you could choose who to associate more accurately and wouldn't risk associating with bad people.

Why so defensive?

How is laughing at someone even remotely close to being defensive?

I'm not a criminal, but I don't want to have NSA and google up my ass 24/7 either. How about the USA fucks off and tries to go after terrorists and drug dealers instead of bothering people in their homes? Oh wait they can't, they're incompetent pieces of crap who just data mine their users to sell to ad companies and the black market, they don't care about catching the people causing problems.

>terrorist
By today's standards anyone opposing the political narrative can be called a terrorist. Better start sucking that government cock, boy

>In world without privacy you could choose who to associate more accurately and wouldn't risk associating with bad people.
And nobody would associate since every fucking human being is a sick fucker.

There's nobody who has nothing to hide, though they may not realize they need to hide it, yet.

The issue seems to be the fact that you're a "sick fucker" who assumes everyone else is as well.
Thanks for confirming stereotypes about privacy advocates.

In a perfect world there would be no need for privacy to exist, but this isn't a perfect world. Greed and corruption and as you say, bad people, exist. Getting rid of privacy won't prevent any of that from existing.

I never mentioned perfect world, I said a world without privacy.
The less privacy there is the easier it will be to find the bad people.

Everyone has a private life sure, but a pretty large sum of the world's population shouldn't matter to the government.

>Why do YOU care about privacy if you truly have nothing to hide?

its about not giving the scumbag authorities permission to spy on me. washington, the pentagon, and all the 3 letter agencies are the devil in the flesh and must be eradicated. They only look out for themselves and only have ill intent. they (every last one of them and all their supporters) are degenerate scum who get off on controlling and hurting everything around them.

Online privacy is only a small part in the search for absolute freedom from the system. And when I say freedom, I mean that your freedom ends where anothers freedom begins. Your are not free to hurt, manipulate, force onto... anyone without their consent, which is what the government is doing, those fucking bastards, they will pay for their crimes!

If someone in power is snooping on you and you aren't breaking the law at the moment, what's to stop them from influencing what will be illegal in the future based on what you do now?

Not really though? The government has tried this approach before, all it did was fuck over the citizens. You don't catch criminals by taking away people's right to privacy, you catch them by actively going after them.

Also easier to find porn. And credit card numbers.

You have a messed up definition of "sick fucker"
Look at SJWs and how they dox people without any repercussions. It's a natural instinct to keep your shit private. If you can't comprehend this simple idea you are fucked in the head.

Easier to find, but not necessarily easier to stop. Without privacy, governments would likely cease functioning. Making it easier to find bad people will make it just as easy for bad people to find you.

>governments would likely cease functioning
Is this a problem?

I bet you also believe that a world without weapons is a safer world as well.

Yes. A country doesn't manage itself.

A world with literally no weapons would clearly be safer.

Without privacy, yes.

You're suggesting that having no weapons would somehow stop people from making conflicts or resorting to violence, which is false.

Why must countries exist?

this.
After a little thought, it's easy to imagine, that instead of restraining themselves once there isn't any privacy, we'd end up with a bunch load of SJWs begging for acceptance.
Sick fetishes, disgusting behavior, that used to be private, will become totally public, etc.

That's another story which goes back to history and how people formed countries in the first place.

I never suggested that.
The amount of wield-able force would be many orders of magnitude lower, the world would be safer.
Mass systems of violence could not exist in a world where you could only punch people.

Either you're to stupid to comprehend the fact that humans strive on conflict or you're pretending to be retarded. Humans were fighting each other before firearms were even invented. What's to stop people from using a stick or a knife. Should we ban any tool that is deemed dangerous. Why should people be trusted with operating a vehicle. Use government approved public transportation. citizen.

People would still find a way to protect and attack other people. Just because you didn't invent weapons now or you banned them, people will find a way to obtain them and use them in some way.

If weapons cease to exist completely, another alternative would likely show up. Your 'weapon-less utopia' is nothing more than an unrealistic fairy tale.

>what is mob rule

> What's to stop people from using a stick or a knife.
Something must because it's a "world without weapons".

>people will find a way to obtain them and use them in some way.
It's a world without weapons.
>Your 'weapon-less utopia' is nothing more than an unrealistic fairy tale.
I didn't bring it up. Go yell at Be more precise in your thought experiments next time.

Could never reach a scale even close to basically any time in developed human history.
How could an institution like chattel slavery survive in a world without weapons?

>any time in human history
Read a fucking book

Do you have a specific time period in mind?

You're arguing a hypothetical scenario whilst trying to apply it to the real world. You're also arguing that weapons would stop people from starting conflicts of massive scale such as wars and disagreement over religion.

I didn't bring up the hypothetical scenario. If an user brings up a hypothetical scenario I'm going to take it at face value.
Was I supposed to divine that user actually meant a world (nation) without weapons (private ownership of firearms)?
>whilst trying to apply it to the real world
Where did I do this?
>You're also arguing that weapons would stop people from starting conflicts of massive scale such as wars
Well no, I'm arguing that a complete absence of weapons would preclude the ability to wage war on a massive scale.
A WW2 fought with fists alone would not be nearly as destructive.

i don' care about privacy, I care about wiretapping taking up my precious bandwidth, fucking spying services wasting my CPU cycles and NSA daemons my battery.

what is bad dragon? i'm not googling it

A company that makes dildos shaped like dragon dicks.

By definition, if you have nothing to hide, you're boring. If you're boring, you have no reason to live and should jump off a bridge.

>Why do YOU care about privacy if you truly have nothing to hide?
Everybody have something to hide. The sooner you learn that, the better you'll be.

Or you go out telling your secrets to everybody?

Why not, if you have nothing to hide?

50GB of hardcore CP

No one is stealing you anything. Stop making bad analogies pretending you're smart.

Because if the government have a system to get their hands on the data stored on my computer. Just imagine how many others could tap into it and abuse said system.

idc for privacy

if you want to see all the porn and naked dudes i have on my drives, then by all means, be my guest.

The government hides things from me.
Sure I couldn't trust them.
They have something to hide after all.

ok, link me up, I hope you have bandwith to spare

I have plenty of things to hide. There is nothing wrong with hiding things. I don't want you knowing what my favourite kind of food is, or what kind of woman I find physically attractive. I don't want you knowing what kind of toilet paper I buy, or where I live. I don't want you to know about my embarassing medical condition, and I don't want you to know the dark places I spent the last 5 years of my life.

Privacy is a right and fuck you if you think otherwise.

privacy is about more than nudez you moron.

>All these degenerates trying to hide their CP.
>muh privacy
The levels of autism is off the charts. We need backdoors more than ever.

This bait needs to be updated or people need to get a better phrasing for it.

>nothing to hide
Go outside with the dick exposed, get arrested for public indecency.
>masturbate outside because everyone does it and I got nothing to hide, get arrested. Now I have a sexual assault record and my life is even more ruined.

>some random corporation making money from your data is okay

Some us of still have some self respect

>I'm fine with ISIS destroying western civilization as long as I get muh privacy
Kill yourself cuck

>m-muh isis

By your logic we should also ban guns. Why don't we also ban toyota pickup trucks while we're at it since ISIS uses that too?

Guns are our 2nd amendment you cuck. Encryption is used for degenerates to evade the law, kill yourself immediately.

>(again?)
Story time?

i don't wanna be the collateral victim of an error, or even a malevolent person who would be able to set me up by exploiting the surveillance system wormholes

>m-muh amendments

You really should take a look at the fourth amendment

>I have plenty of things to hide
hope the feds investigate you

I care about privacy because I pirate stuff and fap to 2D porn.

That's about it. Luckily I have a nice ISP that doesn't give a shit if I pirate or not.

kys

>I care about privacy because I'm a perverted criminal
Not surprising.

>1984
Hmmmm

How is this a proper analogy?

Hiding something illegal is a crime. Saying something is never a crime.

Orwell wasn't aware of muslim terrorist pedos.

>m-muh 1984
>>>/reddit/

But what happens if if suddenly does affect me in the future?

Something is not just because it is a law.

For aesthetic reasons.

>Fiction can be relevant in real life.
No, your waifu is not real.

>bad people
kek what is that?

What a creepy stalker.

Would you enjoy having some unknown person looking over your shoulder constantly as you use the computer, silently but carefully watching your every move?

That's what you get by default these days. I find it uncomfortable.

Cred Forums is all pedos

Hiding what?

You know what.

Threaten to shoot a cop then.

Anyone else feel that chilling effect when you google whatever? That's part of it.
Another important point is that it won't be possible to orchestrate societal change if the gubment can efficiently detect smother any dissent.
Also false positives, tyranny of the majority, muh terrrism, nazis might get in power, etcetera etcetera.

All the arguments against OP are delusional "What If" arguments.

None of you are important enough to be spied on.

Cause I hate people rummaging through my shit and leaving a fucking mess every fucking time.

I have a constitutional right to privacy, which is guaranteed by the fourth amendment. I will not budge one inch on my constitutional rights, nor do I think it is acceptable for anyone else to give the government one inch, because they will take a mile every time.

And for what it's worth, everyone has something to hide. Whether it's illegal (now) is irrelevant.

It's not illegal under the current government, but what if in the future some corrupt administration comes into power and uses information from your computer (which might be totally legal) to frame you under a certain light so that they can get you or people like you out of the way. People concerned about their privacy aren't necessarily hiding in fear of current threats, but future ones.

>You do have something to hide don't you
Yes, everything that i own, and is mine.

Would you prefer no government gets privacy and you get privacy or no privacy for individuals or organizations.

The Constitution is an outdated document only suitable for simpler times.

Because earth is ruled by cancer capitalism and the laws are broken

I have cp on my computer.

Our country was founded on "what if?" you dumb fucking retard. There is tangible fucking evidence in human history that those in power are not to be trusted completely.

USSR, Nazi Germany, United States during the cold war. "LE nothing to hide xD" is a bad argument. It isnt about whether or not if you think you have nothing to hide. It's about whether or not you WILL in the future.

And how often has all this fucking intelligence the government collects and mines off us had tangible results? And does every major company need access to that same information so that they know everything about me? Does that somehow benefit me in any way? No. Which means I have to have a machine infested with aids just to fucking open an industry standard program I need to use like solidworks or office.

What a shitty way to justify mass data mining.

Just because people want privacy doesn't mean they have things to hide. I agree that there's a lot of people that do have stuff to hide but that's not the majority. We should be entitled to privacy in our daily lives.

Name one person who doesn't have anything to hide

The constitution is the foundation of all US law, and its authority supersedes all law in the US. It is worth noting that congress, the senate, the president, and the supreme court would all have zero power were it not explicitly enumerated by the constitution. Powers not explicitly granted in the constitution, and those forbidden by the constitution, are not held by them.

It's not a document with an expiration date. It's the law on the books as it stands.

I'd say ~5-10% of people on Cred Forums have softcore cp and other illegal stuff on their computers (not talking about pirated software).

Hillary Clinton

Their power derives from the people not a piece of paper.

Their power derives from the constitution, because the constitution's purpose is to serve as the defining document for all of the enumerated powers of the federal government, as well as the powers they explicitly do not have.

The constitution's power derives from the people's continued willingness to accept it as the law of the land.

Why don't we surveil the government then? Surely, it has nothing to hide from its own people, especially not what exactly its doing with the data it collects

If I can, with minimal effort on my side, make someone's life a total pain in the ass...I will do it.

T. Goverment and bóg corps

I'm Just doing the same to them as they do to us

> convince people privacy doesn't matter
> they share everything
> become fat weebo fuck
> get a job at isp
> read peoples private shit all day

I had a buddy of mine ask me this the other day and I personally don't see privacy as an immediate issue (although it certainly can be). I see privacy as more of a controlling factor for future events. He's an Econ major at our school and I tried to relate it to him. I told him to picture himself as a big, upcoming name in the world of economics with some values that aren't necessarily the values of the majority. Then I told him to picture himself as the leader of a political/social/whatever the fuck you want group with his values as the root philosophy of this group. Now, the majority doesn't like his values and wants to see him fall but he's a decently straight shooting individual at the time. What about his past? What about his download history? What about things he does behind closed doors that are his own god damn business? The majority, the powers that be, make these public and all of the sudden he's no longer known for his original values but is now stapled with bullshit meant to distract the public from his values and his movement falls. We all have a right to privacy and private property and it's something that's slowly being taken away. No, I don't have anything too incriminating to hide, but what about torrents? What about my questionable kinky porn taste?
My 2 cents.

The government can just slap 'top secret' on shit they want to cover up, like bribery, corruption, plain old being retarded and never have it see the light of day (Seriously, if there's documentation of you getting bribed and you slap a top secret national security tag on it, you're prosecutable.)

Either both the government and citizenry gets privacy or neither do.

Why don't you give us all your passwords? After all, you have nothing to hide

lol dont even lie if it had advantages over your current OS you still wouldn't install it

>projecting

Tile user pls

I'm right tho and u kno it too

>Cred Forums cares about privacy
>they browse a site that doesn't let you post with a VPN unless you pay a subscription
lol, no one that post here really cares about their privacy. I had to disconnect my VPN to post this but I'm shutting down anyway.

Does anyone here live in Scotland? Anyone in Scotland wouldn't want to be arrested for making people angry online.

because this board is full of degenerates watching CP

Because the mere fact that you're even on this site is problematic. Even though you know Cred Forums is just about discussing tech, the rest of society thinks otherwise and that information can be used against you. Any information can be used against you, actually. Idk if you remember the days when you could talk to your friends without the govt/ amazon /google/ facebook knowing about it. :(

wasn't that easy?

I'd make an image of this but I'm lazy

>I have nothing to hide. Therefore, whispering is now against the law.

gratz on the effective b8

>using non-free javascript to order pizza

Whispering should be used as to not disturb others. If they inquire what you were whispering you should tell them.

No I dont have anything to hide, but people will still steal it
When guests come over I dont throw a blanket over the TV.
But that doesnt mean I'm okay to lose my TV

What kind of logic is this

k Mustapha

retard privacy fag logic

>implying the only people after my shit are government workers
>implying having something to hide is wrong
>implying the law is perfect
etc
etc

I'll pay you $100 if you let me install cameras in your bathroom and bedroom.

What, do you have something to hide?

Sure, weirdo.

Personally I have nothing illegal on my computer except pirated music/anime, and nobody gives a fuck about that. I care about privacy be cause it's a civil right. My data is mine, nobody should be able to snoop on me. When it comes to Google I really don't care, I don't think the data they collect is harmful or used for malicious intent. Where I draw the line is the nsa being able to read my emails, backdoors on my phone, things like that. I can't really stop them, but it's definitely an invasion and I wish more people were concerned about it.

I think most people on Cred Forums are unnecessarily paranoid, but there are a lot of legitimate arguments on their side.

>my data is mine
>steals other's data

Because I don't want the world to become a 1984 Orwellian hell. Bad things happen because we allow them to, usually out of fear or ignorance. If Microsoft has nothing to hide, why is Windows closed source? If Apple has nothing to hide, why is their hardware and software all closed source? Why should I trust a company to operate in my best interest when I can be an adult and take responsibility for my own machines? Fuck off you cuck.

>Downloading data uploaded to the public
>Stealing
Nice try, I upload it all back anyway though. I didn't steal my personal information, and nobody should have access to it.

>taking cars parked in public
>stealing
Nice try, I leave the keys in it when I'm done anyway though.

I don't have anything to hide but I dislike the precedent.

>appeal to authority
who gives a shit what philosophers believe?

Are you really too stupid to see the difference? Somebody uploaded that content with the sole purpose of other people downloading it.

Good thing you get a new one every 4-8 years.

So buying hot cars from a chop shop is a-okay?

They've thought it about it longer and harder than you.

Not him but are you actually illiterate? Holy shit...

Close, but in this scenario nobody loses their music. They bought it and decided to share it. Oh and I own a very extensive vinyl collection, there are two albums on my computer that I don't physically own. I appreciate your effort though.

They bought an implied license to listen to the audio.

Ok. Well I'll be sure to turn my music down when I listen through speakers. Since my neighbor/roommate doesn't have the license they would technically be stealing if they overheard it.

i dont want obama to figure out that i have a fart fetish

>nothing to hide
Man the people on this board really believe this. Cred Forums is the board that talks the most about CP of all boards on Cred Forums. There are truly people on this board who think everyone here just talks about security and data protection for the hell of it. No one ever speaks it out, at most there are implications. But the truth is that there are a shitton of real pedos on this board. Where else would the pedos of Cred Forums go? There isn't a single place, Cred Forums is a completely normalfag board for years now. It's a taboo everywhere you go.

Realize this, you come to this board and talk with real pedos everyday. You know I'm right. Everyone disagreeing is just some pedo pushing his propaganda. It's truth that we should think more about security and protecting our freedoms, but let's be serious. A lot of this stuff is actively pushed by the pedos here since those measures are a need in their daily lives.

Even though it's a taboo here I bet we Cred Forumsentooman are already on a few goverment lists because of this closet pedo community we have here.

No CP 4 me. I just come for the loonix vs wangblows circle jerk. I occasionally shit on macOS too. Showing people my desktop makes me harder than any kids ever could.

Why tell me this? I guarantee there pedos in this thread that made the argument that they have nothing to hide.

>suddenly silent after I exposed the board
There are probably more than I thought. I believed there are only 20% of the community were pedos.

Yes I have literally 3 webms of underaged teens twerking and I don't want anyone but my best friend to know about them.

I want to hide them and of course my porn which is mostly giant fake titted 90s women. I'm not ashamed of it, but unfortunately people do not take that into consideration and would probably just make fun of me. Enough parroting will make anyone mad.

Other than that I have nothing to hide.

So all these sensitive information that is are kept on a PC, from passwords, bank accounts, work among other sensitive information and property isn't something that apparently caught your eye, yet you still seem worried enough about the rest of your possessions to put a door on your house.

} // End of thread

Do you plan on doing anything about it?

I think things are fine. Maybe the pedos are the best workforce we have to expose security flaws and botnets. Pedos are legit knowledgeable about those things because they have the drive to not end up being assraped in prison. Though also a lot of misinformation are spread by them because they're so paranoid.

If you're a normal user who has nothing to hide you can ignore most of the preaching but it's still good to know about.

I've come to the contrary conclusion that it's often best to blend in and be completely normal and not go out of one's way. The best way to hide is appearing insignificant. Obsessing over encryption and privacy makes one stand out more to authorities.

Same goes for political views. Better to be politically insignificant on the outside than raising trouble.

People here even pedos to an extent dont realize the real freedom and privacy that comes in insignificance.

On another note i actually wish i had grown up in a pre internet society where obscenity laws were in effect and porn completely banned. Would such laws change i willingly accept death as a punishment.

Deep down everyone here knows they'd have been happier.

I just hope no one here is producing, man.

I want to add the fact that you overlooked another reason: I'm literally autistic (≈50%) and I just need to have a full control of my "perfect" life.

Nope. Had i ever done that I'd have offed myself from the guilt.

I've come to realize perhaps the Internet is an inherently corrupting medium that unleashed hell on earth in the minds of millions of consumers though . In a way every provider of internet service is abusing children by exposing them to filth. Russia is doing the right thing in blocking porn access nationwide.

Autism and pedophilia go together oftentimes because they're both linked to bad parenting and internet addiction.

I love the internet but I kinda want to see what happens when it's heavily restricted. I bet I'd live a more fulfilling life. That's why I stay out of privacy debates.

I don't. I can't stand normies. They way they think, talk, live. All this social bullshit is despicable. This reminds me how we're no more than just shitty apes.

I agree with you but then I also realize a lot of us are worse than normies. And despite not liking them I'd never wish a normie to be as fucked up as me. Honestly with the way society is headed the kind of perversion here is beginning to become normal. But at least the people here tend to have some guilt and self awareness of it. Normies are parading it in the streets.

The internet becomes toxic when you're bored. Bored people tend to do bad things.

Do something with your life, a busy person has no time for even thinking about wrongdoings. All those NEETs become sexually depraved with time. Eventually it ends with the worst kind.

Even if you're a NEET just get involved with a highly skill based hobby and put your body and soul into it. Start nofap today and dban your harddrive.

So you believe in security by obscurity?
You'll be skinned alive if Certain People hear your heresy.

Autism and pedophilia have existed long before the internet.

>they're both linked to bad parenting and internet addiction.
"Linked to" doesn't mean "caused by".
You may be reversing cause and effect.
Like: "rapists are always consumers of porn".
Yeah, it's a symptom, not a cause.

>i'll compare two unrelated things because they have qualities relating to freedom and everybody must be RMS and follow this analogy
>-Edward Snowden

I'd say since the Internet a much larger number of autists (who were already autistic without the internet) became pedophiles and various other fetishists because of porn exposure combined with autism.

I'd know, I was autistic as fuck as a kid long before I even knew what sex was.

nah not a NEET, got a master's in electrical engineering simply by being a really good memorizer and have a well-paying job. I don't even fap more than 1-2 times a week anymore.

I'm also very much attracted to normal women believe it or not. Just dealing with the fact that I am likely only suited for lifetime celibacy. I'd never be able to handle being a father. Guess I should seriously consider religious life or something. Or just drop all preconceived notions and go try and get married. I don't even have urges in real life, children just annoy me and make me want to throw up.

>security by obscurity

the medieval peasant had the most privacy and freedom of all compared to anyone in the past 50 years in America.

I'm sure a number of them molested their kids and got away with it, ironically

How many years are you doing and when did you start?

years of fapping or years in prison?

>religious life
I legitimately thought you were smarter than this.

You were in prison and you still continued? Didn't they ravage your ass?

never was, just thought that was what you were implying with "how many years are you doing" as in "doing time"

Nah I just meant fapping to CP.

Not to derail the thread , but deep down I've realized that in a society with a strong religious foundation I'd have never ended up how I am now. Doesn't even matter if I or anyone else truly believed in it, just that shame would be a regular part of life again.

Go away no fap cultist.

Fuck off pedo.

>arguing that you don't care about the right to own slaves because you have no plantation is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say

bump

you

is it safe to watch porn over vpn?

A few years ago there was a big chimp war where one group of chimps were basically committing genocide against another group. Sticks and stones man. Sticks and stones.