twitter.com/jeremyjudkins/status/779824773689933824/photo/1

MCfags will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07hwHFY3RwM
youtu.be/K05cTPeFfyM
trustedreviews.com/news/sony-don-t-use-waterproof-xperia-phones-underwater
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bu-but, was the water really cold.
Condensation just happens. This is one shitty excuse taken out by me.

Is that inside?

Yes

iCucks

Cucked

Again

>take s5 into pool with me
>deal with crackling speaker until the water dries out

iShills can never recover.

so, is this covered by Apple or are these guys fucked for daring to test the advertised water resistance?

>so, is this covered by Apple
Hahahhahaha
of course not
get fucked

This just makes me love my S7 Edge IP68 so much more.

They shouldn't advertise these as being waterproof, but what moron goes swimming with their cellphones? It's like the idiots who dump a glass of water on their Thinkpad keyboards to verify water flow is being rerouted around the sensitive electronics. Key word being electronics.

Not that I drop my phone a lot, especially in liquids.

>covered by Apple
ayylmao

No company covers water damage.
It's even hard to claim warranty by water with other "waterproof" phones like the newer xperias because they have about a thousand wetness indicators that are going to get fucking wet.

No,but these videos go viral,get millions of views and they earn more then ten times what they put in just from adsense or shilling of the video

>device is out of warranty
>ifags want it fixed for free anyway

lol wut

Throwing my xperia z5c into a pool makes for a pretty cool party trick.
I bet you these people showered with their phone

>pretty cool party trick
>cool party trick
>party trick
>party

>device can cost 600 to 700 bucks

its legit to demand it get fixed for free as this is a 100% manufacturer problem

you wouldnt say this if a bunch of honda cars had brake pedal failures after their waranty

Depends.

Apple has a capture program in place for new devices when they are launched. IF, and that is a big IF, they can show that the iPhone should have been able to survive the test they might be able to get it replaced at no cost.

But this will all depend on the store they go to or who speaks with them on the phone and wether or not who speaks with them feels like helping.

It's for accidents, not party tricks. Completely submersing your phone in water is just asking for trouble.

How can they claim that phones are waterproof when they have a headphone jack?

I mean hole. The jack goes into the hole.

Pebble replaced my Time Steel after it fuckd up after swimming with it

Hshsh

It can be. Sony's phones are waterproof with exposed headphone jack and usb port.
And Z2 has been known to survive six weeks on seabed.

I'm not sure which they you're talking about, but I doubt they had scuba diving in mind when they claimed their product was waterproof.

It's waterproofed. Water goes into the jack, but it doesn't go into the phone.

When you send the phone to Sony, they put it under some non-conductive liquid. If there is any bubbles, it shows the frame is damaged rather than that you haven't close the lid, and hence you get a free replacement.

I use Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=07hwHFY3RwM

Still, magic.

Someone repost the old iPhone water resistance infographic.

#WaterGate

>waterproof
no its not that.
Its just merely water resistant.

Why do these morons make these videos in the first place, such a lame attempt.
>Apple does not cover water damage so I am SCREWED!!!
hahah good, maybe in a few years time your youtube account will make enough money to buy a new phone for you since this was all some poor excuse to get views.

rubber gaskets

IP 67 water resistance states 1 meter for 30 minutes, it was only there for 10 minutes and it still broke

he probably just submersed it wrong

>Test for second characteristic numeral 7: temporary immersion between 0,15 m and 1 m
IP *7 falls between 15cm and 1m
>up to 1 meter depth

Maybe its a manufacturer defect ? some dude took a note7 and iphone7 and put both in a bucket and dropped it meters deep and they worked fine.
I know my N7 specifically states not to put it under the tap , which i assume is some precaution because high pressure water can force its way inside

>WAKE ME UP

look, it's a different thing whether the ip67 rating works on a new phone than a week or a month old one, which has been dropped and scuffed dozens of times.

Even though a manufacturer promises water proofing, it's never going to fix those under warranty.

Don't use your waterproof phone in water if you have something of value on it.

we've come full circle

HTC does

Pretty sure phones like the Motorolla Moto G had some sort of adhesive/film sprayed onto all electronic components and the shell of it, making it water 'resistant'

At least it doesnt blow up like samshit, but that doesnt matter bc lagdroid

>you wouldnt say this if a bunch of honda cars had brake pedal failures after their waranty

Bit of a difference between someone deliberately putting their phone in a bowl of water to "test the water resistance" to a car with faulty brakes.

No, the jack port is just a cavity with 3 or 4 pins expoded, you can make it open to the inside of the phone or just close it, as long as there are those 3 pins it work. Nothing special here, same for other ports

I have a motog3 which is supposed to be waterproof or spillproof, I don't know, I'm calm if I'm under the rain or someone just drop a beer on it, but I'd never drop it in a pool just to see if it's waterproof.
However, if they advertise a phone as waterproof it must be. A friend of mine showed me videos of him swimming in his pool made with his galaxy s7, and what he did it's 100% legit, he bought a 700€ phone, the company who sold it said that he can put in underwater and that must work.

I've gone swimming with my Xperia Z and my Z5. I also wash the Z5 under the sink every once in a while to clear out dust and shit. The Iphone has no excuse, although this seems like a manufacturer defect on that particular Iphone since I've seen lots of videos with Iphones under sinks and being submberged.

How is anyone surprised? This shit happened with sony phones too. That's nothing new.

The only issue I have with this gif (besides your versions shit quality, like damn dude, 1.4 mb for this?) is the fact the letters for all but last last phone appear after the swipe, not when the menu opens. Makes it seem worse than it actually is (still funny though)

Which ones? My Z3 Compact and Z5 Compact have both been submerged several times and are still fine.

I mean there were many cases on reviews where people whined about the phone dying after it was submerged even though everything was closed. I have no idea how real this is but it's similar to what's happening here I guess.

Only that it's getting more attention since it's apple.

underrated post

Dumbass Jewtube Tech Shills. Some people listen to what they say.

BAKA.

(Pic Related)

Sorry man, I swiped it from some other dude.

You can't sue them for water damage
But you can for false advertising

Ive used the Moto G 3 to take Pictures unser water. Still works perfectly.

[Citation needed]

my $130 Blu Life XL LTE has a 3.5mm slot a 5.5 1080p display, removable battery, dual sim slots, sd slot, IPS screen, works on the 3 major GSM bands and all the obscure ones too comes with vanilla 5.1.1 android stock, proven qualcomm 410 CPU thats proven and wont blow up

well obviously cetaceans live on the seabed.

But i it a pussy magnet?

This. People don't realize that dropping in water and holding it under the tap creates more pressure than it's rated for. Same goes for '10 meter waterproof' watches.

>claims magical

>no magic involved, and in fact, has no such function

Moto G 3 Master Race reporting in

my black person

I've had the same $50 cheapo Samsung phone for 6 years. I can assure you that it isn't water resistant and if I throw it at the ground the screen will probably shatter. What I don't understand is why you fucking barbarians want your phone to last 30 seconds after being slammed into a bathtub full of water instead of taking care of your fucking electronics like a functioning human being.

we don't want that. apple does tho.

i hate that canadian prick

probably. google around or lurk on Cred Forums long enough and you'll see lots of stories of people getting new devices from apple (like the MBA when it came out, the rMBP, etc...) and getting them just flat out replaced - no questions asked - when something went wrong.

devices have manufacturing defects. they account for some flaws to emerge and for the fact that they'll need to replace some of them.

the half dozen or so retards cynically replying to you seem not to know that, or have some higher standard for apple than for samsung or other manufacturers, which maybe speaks to their respect for apple? or something? i don't know. i feel like i'm trying to understand the rationale of a bunch of horses with brain damage.

this was meant for

They very specifically aren't advertised as waterproof.

🦆QUACK🦆

Should be amusing how people will respond after every article referred to this single test as proof the iphone 7 was better.
youtu.be/K05cTPeFfyM
It's an amusing demonstration to be sure, but of course it's a sample size of 1.

implying dolphins use sony phones

This happened to my Z3 as well.
Survived dropping it off my paddleboard in a lake.
But the fucking toilet for 5 seconds shit was soaked through.
Problem with waterproof seals is once the water is in, they seal it in well.

Ip68 means up to a metre submersion for 30minutes.
Id consider that waterproof.
How the fuck these phones get such a certification i have no fucking idea.

meanwhile my s7edge survived an hour of the wave pool etc in my pocket at wild waves, hot showers, drops on rocks and concrete without so much as a scratch on the screen

nice memer phone, normies

maybe samsung makes shit phones too but mine actually IS waterproofed

if we IP67 your ass, how would you be able to use the bathroom?

Is there a better phone than the S5?
Sent from my S5.

>taking your edge to the pool
Have fun with the chlorine fucking up your USB, headphone jack and eating away at the waterproofing seals dumbass.

>implying i do it daily

don't be retarded fukboi

I've seen enough retards complain that their jack/charger doesn't work anymore after bringing it to the pool, so don't torture it with pool water fuccboii

kek
thats what you get for making a phone too thin, and you can't use proper water resistant seals.

They should make a new one with the iPhone 7 that doesn't allow slide to unlock anymore and just stays there locked and useless.

i rinsed it with regular water after, i had a little bit of water inside the phone & the speaker was borked for a few hours but otherwise fine, no water showing under screen, in camera etc.

pic was me when things went wonky

otherwise everything was gud

Once the pressure builds up enough.

You don't have to do it daily. Doing it once will leave trace amounts of chlorine that will erode the seals over time.

It's part of the reason why they don't warranty liquid damage, if the user is an idiot the seals get fucked and it loses it's water resistance.

It's only water resistant, you dumb cunt.

>advertise a phone as waterproof
they don't

they advertise it as water resistant.

What's wrong with hot showers? I take em with my S5 and it's been weeks , still don't notice any problem

They did for my 2011 MBP graphic card.

Hmm... My Xcover3 speaker was not working for 20h untill it dried out. it fell into the water at the beach.

No wonder they went bankrupt.

>They did for my 2011 MBP graphic card.

Because it had a Repair Extension Programme, since the AMD chip they used was a piece of shit.

Its the best phone

Daily reminder that there are actual, real people that call these an "investment".

buy the iphone 7 you dumb goy

>getting a phone with a Qualcomm 410 when you can get a phone with a Qualcomm 800 for cheaper

he's dumb as a pile of hammers.

I like how you post that image as an example of poor innovation. it's an example of great ux on apple's part.

Changing a simple highly repeated action for the sake of change isn't innovation. Having a consistent result from a specific action in a specific context through 7 or whatever generations of phone/os is great user experience, and why normals like apple products.

fwiw, not an apple fan by any stretch but samsung is the trash of the android world and everyone would be better off if they stopped producing phones. Take your phone and dunk it in water, that's fucking innovation.

>waterproof
>large ROM support
>removable battery
>easy to replace busted and broken parts

Is the s5 the thinkpad of phones?

i wish
yes, except for the creaky plasticness of the phone
t. s5 owner

Do you realize how stupid of a mong you have to be to drop your phone in water? Literally nobody gives two shits about this but you guys. Even just dropping your phone you have to be a mong.

Apple should have said something then, they are still liable.

They're not liable because the IP certification they receive is a certification they receive. They don't just make it up.

And they don't cover water damage with warranty.

IP67Rating which means that these devices are resistant against water ingress to a maximum of 1 metre of water for up to 30 minutes, as well as protected against dust ingress.
Stupid fucking applefags need to die with their iqs so low they can't even Google.

They obviously did just make it up because the phone doesn't fucking work in the way it's stated to.

>say something is up to a certain standard
>phone is supposed to meat that standard
>phone doesn't actually meet standard
>HURR DURR APPLE DIN MAKE DA STANDARD
this is why apple is turning into a joke

What if you wash your phone in water after?

S5 was Samsung's best product up to date.
And the Note 4 from the Note series.

I really wish they will find their way back.
If not, I will just keep buying LG phones.

Yeah but no recall for their shit tier flex cables which always die.

No, just like how the iPhone is not a pussy magnet.
Most poor people have an iPhone, so it's kind of a mixed signal really.

If you drive an S-Class Mercedes, a BMW M5... those are better pussy magnets.

This, I would wash my shit just because the pool is literally piss, cum and shit and other fluids that I don't want to list.

And then you bring that shit near your bed, press it at night. Fuck off, you gross motherfucker.

Enjoy your weak immune system

Does the S5 Neo have as much ROM support and support in general as the normal SM-G900F? I want to get another S5 to replace my old one once I have to send it back at the end of my contract, but that model has disappeared off the face of the planet in my country and only Neo's are left.

> guzzling cum is now a way to boost your immune system
No wonder there are so many people buying Apple products out there...

No.
Exynos always had less support/mods.
It was always faster, more efficient, but had less XDA shit available. That's just how things are.

iPhone warranty/Apple Care specifically do not cover water damage. Source: smalltext on tv commercial

But it's kinda boring. Samsung and LG put fancy animations there to give users a bit of joy. Sure these animations are useless, childish and eat battery life, but they sure create a little wow effect when using them the first time.
Apple is guilty of this too by the way. Have you seen how the "your system needs a restart to install the update" popup explodes when you click restart? Much more pointless and ridiculous

>IP67
>water damage
>warranty
>doesnt cover water damage
HAHAHAHAHAHA get cucked iCucks

This famalam.
My Z3C got water damaged, because of the stupid flaps didn't seal.

I received a brand new one in 3 days.
Suck it applecucks!

It's like Cred Forums was in charge of the ads

Me too, almost as much as this guy.

that red part looks like someone sat on his face, and the balls were touching the bottom, as you can see.

Accidents happen user.
Like your conception.

>take 3310 to pool
>pool cracks

I really wish someone made a really durable phone.
But everyone these days jerks off to thin bezels, fingerprint magnetic glass and small batteries.

just put the iphone in two nested plastic baggies

is that seriously true? that's fucking amazing. yes, that needs to be done

>MCfags will defend this.
Nah, Apple will just blame them for not using their phones properly.

I think a lot of companies simply don't have that kind of expertise any more. Similar to how interaction design of physical buttons went completely down the drain (e.g. look at the airco controls in a modern car) and it's all done by graphic designers now.

What you're describing is essentially jangling keys in front of a child. Just saying.

It would be one thing if it did that on the very first startup of the phone or something though, I suppose.

>advertised as"water resistant" :^)
They did nothing wrong.

trustedreviews.com/news/sony-don-t-use-waterproof-xperia-phones-underwater

See if they've removed the headphone jack, like any sane hardware manufacturer, this water resistance problem would be non-existent.

>tfw AT&T forced that update that locked the bootloader
God damn it