I need CSS HELP

I have a css project due in two hours and for the life of me, I am just not understanding this stuff. It's a pretty user friendly code to those who know their stuff. Would anybody be interested in helping? I'd be willing to paypal or venmo some cash, too. Please help me!

Other urls found in this thread:

asu.edu
w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp
w3schools.com/css/css_combinators.asp
ict.griffith.edu.au/arock/,
pastebin.com/aJCdzbr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CSS is meaningless without the context you retard

I was getting on all of that...

It doesn't look too hard, is there a lot of it / what's it worth to ya? =)

There's hardly anything really, I just am not processing this all yet. We basically had a week to learn it...

I mean is $20 fair?

No, that still doesn't tell us anything

body element css
body{

body id css
#body{

body class css
.body{

body element child ul element
body ul{

> too lazy to set up throw away email for something this easy

Where should I upload the .html to?

>really fucking struggling

>PLEASE

I beg you

You know you're a terrible designer when your CSS looks like your HTML structure

Paste it here

the reason you don't understand it is because you never do your homework. You're supposed to READ the assigned readings for homework, then you're supposed to have a CONSULTATION with your educator about the things you don't understand.

That's how the education system works. Start participating and you'll probably get more out of it.

Source - CS professor

Sparky the Sun Devil

body /* write an element selector that targets all body elements */
{margin:0;
padding:0;
background-color: #CCC;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all wrapper elements */
{margin:10px;
width:1000px;
height:750px;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all header elements */
{width:990px;
height:90px;
background-color:#990033;
margin:0;
padding:5px;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all sideBar elements */
{width:200px;
height:650px;
background-color: #ffb310;
float:left;
}
/* write an class selector that targets all contact elements */
{width:190px;
height:auto;
color:#FFFFFF;
}
/*write a child selector that targets all unordered lists with list items*/
{list-style:none;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all mainContent elements */
{width:790px;
height:640px;
background-color:#fff;
float:right;
}
/* write an descendent selector that targets all heading one's in the ID of header */
{font-size:2.5em;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
/* write an element-specific selector that targets all span's in the class year */
{color:#ffb310;
}
/* write an group selector that targets all paragraph and quote elements */
{font-size:1em;
color:#666666;
}
/* write an element selector that targets all quote tags */
{font-style:italic;
}
h1
{font-size:2em;
color:#000000;
}
/* write an element selector that targets all heading two tags */
{font-size:1.5em;
}

holy shit, how do you ever expect to achieve anything if you cannot even do this?

/* write an element selector that targets the hyperlinks */
{font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline;
color:#FFB310;
font-size:1em;
}
/* write an adjacent selector that targets paragraph tags that follow heading one tags */
{color:#FFB310;
}
/* write an attribute selector that targets span tags with the class of year */
{font-size:1.25em;
}
/* write an element-specific selector that targets all unordered lists with the class nav --*/
{margin-bottom: 15px;
margin-left:0;
}
ul.nav li
{margin-bottom:2px;
}
/* write an element-specific selector that targets unordered lists in the class nav with a descendent selector targeting hyperlinks */
{padding: 5px 5px 5px 15px;
display: block;
width: 100px;
text-decoration: none;
background:#990033;
color:#ffffff;
}

you literally did not read one thing from your lecture notes. it's painfully obvious. have you even been to class for one second? are you aware that you are supposed to pay attention (really, really hard, man) in class?

ul.nav a:hover, ul.nav a:active
{background:#ffffff;
color: #000;
}
/* write an dynamic pseudo-class selector targeting hyperlinks in the visited link state */
{color:#CCCCCC;
}
/* write an pseudo-element selector targeting the first letter of a paragraph that adjacently follows a heading one tag */
}

Sparky the Sun Devil

Home
Resume
Gallery

Contact Me:
Phone: (480) Sun-Devil
Email: [email protected]

whoops, should've been

body > ul{

- w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp

- w3schools.com/css/css_combinators.asp

Sparky the Sun Devil
My homepage is a showcase of my talents and interests.
Please surf my site to get to know me and my work better. If you are interested in hiring me, please contact my via phone or email.
Fight, Devils Down The Field! Fight With Your Might and Don't Ever Yield!

Resume
Find out more about my work experience by viewing my resume.

Gallery
See more about me and my interests by viewing my gallery.

About Me
I am the official mascot of Arizona State University. Originally the ASU athletic teams' mascot was an owl, then became a "Normal" (named for the Tempe Normal School), then was later changed to a bulldog. The State Press, the student newspaper, ran frequent appeals during the fall of 1946, urging the Bulldog to be replaced by the new Sun Devil. On November 8 of that year the student body voted 819 to 196 to make the change. On November 20, as reported by the Arizona Republic, the student council made it official. The following day, the first Arizona State team played as the Sun Devils. In 1948, an alumnus and Disney illustrator by the name of Bert Anthony designed Sparky, an imp with a trident (also described as a pitchfork).

if you are struggling with this, you are going to fail every class in the future, unless someone else does all of your homework for you.

then you'll fail at your job unless someone does it for you. then you'll fail at impregnating your spouse, unless, well you get the drift.

the last time someone cheated on Cred Forums, from Griffith University in austraila, we emailed the professor and he was ejected from university for collusion. It was easy to find the course materials on the uni page, with all the contact info for administration, and the professor (who wrote back, thanking user). Find the thread on warosu.

Now we're gonna do the same to you, Arizona State University student.

Goodness guys, this is an online class and I didn't mean to choose the half semester version. Listerally last week we did mockups in photoshop and now this? You guys, we all have jobs and other classes to attend, along with that homework. Ive worked on this ALL WEEK and I still am having trouble. Not everybody is great at this shit...

Also the lesson are videos, not readings. BUT they teach the bare minimum.

>Fight With Your Might and Don't Ever Yield!
some useful advice retarded OP could apply to his studies right about now

Damn. Where do I sign up?

excuses are like assholes, everybody has one

Give me couple minutes

>Griffith University

That's the shithole university I go to, I gotta find that thread

Ok, so asking for help on why an "element selector" is used in a certain aspect than another is collusion?
Could you do me a huge favor and tell me if i need to use an asterics on line 120 to select all code as one? this is what I am talking about.

Facetime me shit IDC

get your shit together. unless maybe uni is just too gosh darn hard for you?

it was some java homework. lol the idiot even posted screenshots of his coursework website, which was easy enough to match up

op, can you even count to potato? damn, this is just demonstrating your utter lack of applying yourself in even the most rudimentary of ways

/thread

>html
>css
>>hard
good luck with the rest of your classes mate

It would have been ict.griffith.edu.au/arock/, which is sad because the OOP course is easy and the notes are excellent

It's depressing the amount of cheating that goes on here

Not him, but an element selector is used to hit all of the selected element with the same style, as opposed to just those with the same class type (possibly different types of element), as opposed to probably just one specific element (by id)

You're welcome: pastebin.com/aJCdzbr4
Some instructions don't look right, but I followed them

might not work in your browser, but it should work on most

Sparky the Sun Devil

body /* write an element selector that targets all body elements */
{margin:0;
background-color: #CCC;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all wrapper elements */
{margin:10px;
width:1000px;
height:750px;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all header elements */
{width:990px;
height:90px;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all sideBar elements */
{width:200px;
height:650px;
background-color: #ffb310;
float:left;
}
/* write an class selector that targets all contact elements */
{width:190px;
height:auto;
color:#FFFFFF;
}
/*write a child selector that targets all unordered lists with list items*/
{list-style:none;
}
/* write an id selector that targets all mainContent elements */
{width:790px;
height:640px;
background-color:#fff;
float:right;
}
/* write an descendent selector that targets all heading one's in the ID of header */
{font-size:2.5em;
color: #FFFFFF;
please-get:"all_headings";
}
/* write an element-specific selector that targets all span's in the class year */
{color:#ffb310;

}
/* write an group selector that targets all niggers and quote elements */
{font-size:1em;
color:#666666;
please-get:"all_paragraphs";
}
/* write an element selector that targets all quote tags */
{font-style:italic;
please-get:"all_quotes";
}
h1
}
/* write an element selector that targets all heading two tags */
{font-size:1.5em;
please-get:"all_headings";
}

I don't know how your class goes, but in my online HTML class we had an entire week to do an assignment. And there's a good reason why. You're supposed to read shit in the book before you need it and apply it as you need it, then ask your instructor if you don't understand something.

Ok I wish there were line numbers here but according to

on the first /* write an element selector that targets all body elements */

I understand you're wanting to group it together with "{" but is it not already grouped together?

holy fucking shit, you have not even a clue

look. you're not gonna be a "web developer". quit now. save your money, do something else. you're absolute shit at this.

>I understand
no, no, i assure you, you do not.

You leave my wife's son out of this.

What this dude said... I literally was in the same situation as you OP. Working 40 hours a week and doing online homework right after. What is the degree you are working on because if your struggling with CSS then I got news for you bud...

i concur. 40hr/week IT job, night school in mathematics. git gud.

meant to write
t. 40hr/week IT job, night school in mathematics.

git gud.

You are misunderstanding the structure.

body

Eh, this kind of shit doesnt surprise me though, I literally just finished my degree at ASU and they really don't give a flying shit who they put through their online programs. If you got the credits you can be a "web developer" and pretty much be retaking all the classes you do before that to get there.

I probably shouldn't talk shit about it but I feel like I've learned more about modern workflows and modern web development tooling from Udemy and other online bootcamps than I did from ASU...

>That feel next year I will be paying off my $25,000+ student loan...

>Been working the same mindless monkey job peddling social media marketing and shitty template websites...

>Slowly building my portfolio to show companies that I know more than op...

hold me Cred Forums...

See "mandatory end tag" makes a lot more sense that way. Ok yes, now the hint makes a lot more sense.

This is truly what I was looking for, thank you.

God damn I don't know how to write...

what is this "please-get: " ?

lol

precisely why i'm going to a global top 50 for my bachelors and a global top 10 after that

Also no, this is a class I chose during the summer thinking it would be a blow off class; fuck was I wrong. Still am going to learn it though. Thanks all that at least tried to help....An hour or so late is better that not at all i suppose

If you can get this far then I'll give you more examples and you can start to interpret how this shit works.

Also I forgot the most important shit, you have to end all your styling with a ;

>style.css
body
{
background-color: #cccccc;
font-family: "Courier New";
margin: 40px;
}

.box
{
width: 640px;
height: 480px;
background-color: blue;
color: white;
padding: 10px;
}

>index.html

faggot

You're going to a top tier school just to be a web dev?

If you weren't such a nigger, you would probably have seen that he is doing the maths...

He's afraid he couldn't get a job with maths?

I'm pretty experienced with CSS.
Send the code my way and I'll see what I can do.
[email protected]

>people go to college to learn CSS
is this a joke or just first semester?

How else will he get a Computer Science degree?

first semester we were learning how to use Office--at least half of it, the rest was Mathematica

and how are you even able to tell which student tried to cheat? i'm genuinely curious unless you guys gave him the answer and he turned it in already, THEN you reported him?

Wait, even the html has already written classes and id's? What's the problem here? Have you even read a word of the class notes or what? This should take less than ten minutes.

It may be not a direct help for your problem, but you could check out the book "HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites - Jon Duckett".
(Just download it)
"thenewboston" on youtube is also a good resource for learning this stuff.

>inline styles

Done, sent you a reply to your email.

it's been two hours op
how's it going
also the lack of code tags in this thread disturbs me