Goodbye, Shitfox

Finally rid of this crap

Other urls found in this thread:

news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good decision
its bloated like hell now

It takes courage to speak out against rape. Thats what firefox does. It rapes its users.

>goodbye, Firefox. Hello, even worse browser

>firecucksers suffer from stockholm syndrome

>Windows
>Firefox
At least use Seamonkey, lad.

you will return

I don't even use Firefox

>running winders

Firefox is pretty aids now but really it's the only option for lots of things. Also, 'Firefox HELLO' and Pocket and etc. are literally cancer on top of the aids.

There is no excuse for Mozilla, but lighter builds may exist.

I hate what firefox has become but I see no other option really, than to keep using it. The other browsers are much worse.

Chrome is better. I'd try out Edge if it had ublock origin

t. Google

There are builds of chromium and them that are better, Chrome is literally botnet. Firefox is also a google botnet though so it's not like one-sided. Google owned firefox til a few years ago.

There was even a thread on a degoogled-chromium build a bit ago, they went through and deleted a lot of the hardcoded URLs and binary blobs that regular chromium uses.

Google never owned Firefox.

They were roughly 100% of firefox's money so.... yeah? They owned mozilla which controls firefox. They're still like 70+% of their income even without the search deals. Firefox still has built in google services all over it.

Google never owned Mozilla nor Firefox. Funding an organization is not the same as owning them, you fucking retard.

enjoy your total lack of add ons/extensions

Funding an organization is exactly the same thing as controlling it. Especially when there were no other offers for funding.

>Cred Forums in a nutshell

Givevme treestyletab onbchrome, faggot
Nevermind Vivaldi has it build in
>Vivalti is closed source

>tfw want to switch to Chrome but can't live without NoScript
kill me

Nope

>noscript
>living in 2007

get umatrix or use ublock o's inbuilt script blocker

umatrix is actually pretty slick, interface included. It's a big jump though and I don't know if it has the passive blocking features that noscript does even with allow-everything on.

Even without them literally paying firefox devs salaries, their services are the backend of a lot of it. They would still have some serious control if they didn't pay a dime.

It's a lot more stable than Chrome with many open tabs.

>umatrix
umatrix is trash compared to NoScript

>Even without them literally paying firefox devs salaries, their services are the backend of a lot of it. They would still have some serious control if they didn't pay a dime.
They still don't and never did own Mozilla nor Fx.

so brave

>have 400 tabs open
>Firefox crashes in 50% of all launches

It's not trash on the actual blocking, it's like a much nicer requestpolicy+noscript on the interface, I haven't seen any whitelisted stuff built in.

It has a really great display of what is and isn't loaded from each zone and method. Now, as far as I know it all works but I'm not sure about stronger XSS protections, clearclick, object/plugin blocks.

It's not awful but those things might well be served in other extensions rather than requests/scripts/cookies for 3rd party stuff. It has potential.

>have 400 tabs open in Chrome
>oh wait that can't be true, nobody's got a tebibyte of RAM in their desktop

Does Chrome load all tabs into the memory? I.e. including all of the non-active ones?

Why would it work any other way?

Just a reminder that virtual/swap memory has been a thing for 20-30 years. Firefox probly won't write any more to disk than it usually does but lotsa things are possible.

>2016
>needing swap

Were Chrome anything other than a stripped down polite spyware I'd use it. Believe me I'm not happy the direction Firefox is headed but in reality, I'm pissed off because it's getting more like Chrome. It's not getting worse in some unique way. It's trying to be Chrome, right down to spying on its users unless you about:config the shit out of it.

I just switched to the dev edition because I got tired of Pale Meme being so far behind, and having to use years old extensions.

It's not too bad, but I wonder if there's a decent light fork out there.

Better than firefox arbitrarily saying 'No, version 45.* and higher doesn't mean version 46'

Firefox loves breaking extensions on their new release system.

How the fuck do you manage them? All Chrome extensions are shit. You basically need a whole other window open or a tab with a direct shortcut to select the tab you want to view.

I don't. I have a horizontal bar that I scroll through. The labels of the tabs tell me enough to determine what group or era of tabs i'm looking at (e.g. project this or project that).

That sucks, although I hadn't ran into any issues yet. But some addons updated way beyond their last usable version in Pale Moon, not to mention the constant memory leak issue, so I thought I'd switch.

Not very impressed so far though.

Triggered

Firefox was the best between 2003-2010

Then Chrome appeared

COINCIDENTALLY thats when google stopped giving firefox all the money to make a browser for their search engine and services.

Then in desperate need of profit they made a ton of awful decisions that lead us to this very moment. Mozilla R&D is still pretty good but hopefully mozilla corporation will die off.

No, Opera's been the best browser for years. Even three years after its death it's still the best. I can't say exactly how long it's been the best, but I can say it has been since at least 2008, if not earlier.

FF was still better. It wasn't until the SJW shit that FF started to tank.

Now I just use the Pale (new) Moon Alpha.

Uninstalling Firefox is racist and bigoted how dare you

Vivaldi's tab nesting is awful though

Vivaldi in general is awful so it suits the "browser" well.

>I'm so sensitive that my browser has to reflect my political opinions

really want to switch to seamonkey or some other alternative, but there are certain extensions holding me back, specifically pushbullet
yeah yeah i know, but i really like pushbullet and I make a lot of calls and texts each day and being able to do all that from the computer is a god send, so i cant really jump to seamonkey until it's supported
help me

>removing the word "slave" from the browser's code is a much better use of time than actually fixing bugs or optimizing the browser's features

This.

I could not care less about their political views. The problem is that it started to negatively effect the browser in tangible ways.

Fucking this

What the fuck is wrong with them

Tfw Palememe is GOAT browser

also, vertical tabs
I need these 2 things and I'm off of this sinking burning ship forever

>It's not trash on the actual blocking, it's like a much nicer requestpolicy+noscript on the interface
Is this a joke? Just because it has a GUI doesn't make it better, I can't even make heads or tails what certain clicks do, what certain components signify, and so on. There are things you'd expect, red means blocked and green means allowed sure? But then there's small tab things, seemingly redundant cells and sub-cells, etc...
And to top it off this shit has zero documentation, if the guy who made it is too lazy to even explain his color coding system he can go fuck himself.

>Windows still uses Wizards

Good on ya, join the Opera masterrace.

>telling people to use a dead browser
I can understand the ones that are still using it but don't get people hooked on something that's already dead.

No, i even said it was a huge jump but the information presented by umatrix is really nice and gives all the control and possibly more info in a nice clean interface inside one extension.

I figured it out through trial and error and yeah that's pretty shit to start out..... but its probly easier for the normier types to jump into that then tracing subdomains to different subdomains and 3rd domains like I had to learn to do in requestpolicy.

The left left axis is addresses (which can't afaik be limited by nth level subdomains) the top axis is TYPE of request. Script/Cookie/Iframe/Plugin/etc.

I don't remember what they are offhand, firefux my daily driver, but the options ARE there..... if it was available in its exact packaging for firefox.... I would consider trying it over noscript and requestpolicy.

I totally understand the baby duck cause for real who fucking does a matrix interface with no labels or dox? But it can work.

Yeah... Most firefox users are in botnet because they dont touch neither about config nor user.js (another way to toggle settings). Even though there are lists with thousands of lines prepared by enthusiasts.

Only autists cling to Presto. Speaking of dead things, Firefox will be down to 2% in a year.

Sure thing kid

IF you want to make Firefox as 'fast' as Chrome, simple enable prefetching, that's all Chrome does, and why it uses up all of your mobile data and RAM.

Noscript substututes their own scripts for eg google scripts so the pages ars usable. Umatris dont have it

there's literally an option to universally block something at the highest level (all), then enable it at the lower one before (1st party). What the fuck does that mean?

Some of the options in the All category have little arrows in the corner. It isn't clear what this means. Some don't. Some are different colors. What. Does. Any. Of. It. Mean?

This is terrible design, at least with NoScript it is incredibly clear what's what, and I'm not willing to take the risk to heuristically make sense of the piece of shit that is uMatrix. It's a wonderful idea, the concept is solid, but the execution is so lazy it's totally inexcusable, at the very last hurdle it fails.

>ungoogled chromium
there you go

Wut?

green is allowed, red is blocked
dark green or red is explicit (meaning you took action on it specifically)
pale green or red is implicit (meaning it is inherited from another action ((e.g. a cookie being blocked because you blocked all 3rd party cookies by default)))

The tabs just show the default action if you are currently doing something else, such as if you temporarily allow everything, it will all be light green but you will see red tabs on anything you normally block explicitly.

This shit is all pretty intuitive

>breaking websites is a feature that you can't get on chrome.
>clock button
>doesn't work
>unblock random scripts
>still doesn't work
>keep blocking until all scripts are allowed
>works
Use privacy badger you sperg, it has all the useless scripts blocked by default.

ALSO on remembering when chromium first came out their shit API didn't let you block things at a deep level and just hid it out of the way and was awful. Totally reasonable to say fuck that noise and avoid their "lol blocking" stuff, I haven't seen umatrix under the hood but I think it's finally mature enough to be usable on that level.

DNS prefetching is enabled by default iirc and causes way way way more lag by shitting on your disk i/o like everything theyve added in the past few years.

Yeah but a lot of the noscript fake scripts are meh also. I take that shit with a grain of salt but it is a reasonable concern. I disable all the fake scripts that noscript provides too so I'm not sure where that leaves stuff.

The domains ARE sorted by TLD>subdomains but there's no visual indicator for it. If you globally deny x.com, y.x.com will automatically block itself.... it's just laid out poorly and you can't set limits to how deep the domains go from what I've seen. A show/hide tree would be nice for that but I guess they give no fucks since technically it's all functional as is.

Yall gonna make me boot up chromium just to look at umatrix's columns too.

All | Cookie | CSS | image | plugin | script | XHR | frame | other

I wonder if other supports websockets... that's kinda important. The in-place counters are realy nice.

Its intuitive coming from nothing but coming from manually doing this by request in 3+ different plugins is another story altogether.

Also for the record i like the big 'make permanent' button and the fact that everything's unified. It couldn't exist that way on firefux cause they evolved separately, rip.

Vivaldi is literal shit. No one unironically uses it.

I have. It is my go to if New Moon doesn't work out.

>fucked around with umatrix
>suddenly have a green corner arrow under 1st party for scripts
>no idea what it means

I don't recognize it but since I've covered basically everything else I bet it indicates whether it's a temporary or permanent setting.

Then why does it linger after you commit the change?

This sort of thing makes me so angry because I want to use it.

Permanent allow and temporary deny.

>CSS is pink
>click it, becomes red
>click it, becomes pink
I'll stick with NoScript and shitfox.

>boot computer
>93 mb of ram used
>startx
>500 mb of ram used
>start firefox
>2.5 gb of ram used
one of these things doesnt belong

>inb4 its X

Nah, permanent is from clicking the lock after you make a change. The tab indicates you acted on that box specifically.

x

Gee, why do you need a remote-desktop server between your computer and your browser?

I missed this.. did the really sjw the fucking code?

I inb4d, you cant say it now!

>startx
>additional 400MB RAM used
What the fuck are you doing? When I run startx it goes from ~20MiB to ~65MiB used memory.

Can you post your configuration for say, youtube? The plugin seems full of redundancies to me

If a cell is a dark color (red or green) that means it is the highest order affecting that column, if it is a light color it means that it is affected by a higher order.

It's not hard

Am I a faggot if I use nightly? If so why?

Gotta enable your Nvidia GeForce and iTunes Helper programs.

Nvidia are actually horrifying, I did everything I could to get rid of them but months later I'd discover some random unconnected service that belongs to them.

I believe all I had to do was explicitly allow googlevideo.com XHR's to make this play..... maybe scripts from s.ytimg.com.

cinerman
What are you doing, lxde? And how the fuck are you only using 20mb? Thats pretty slime, what distro?

OpenBSD with Fvwm

How much guesswork did that take?

Well I've been doing this for a while but there's a logger option (top right button) that'll show you what is asking for what.

If something requests a '.mp4' then durr thats what needs to be enabled.

Seriously what these noscript/etc things need is just subscription lists. There's already import/export, shouldn't even be hard to implement.

desu i stopped using firefox after I get used to chromium 12.

Edge has AdBlock Plus, but if I add a few filters it says I have to remove a few filters.
I think Microsoft added extension support, but made it extremely limited.

Good decision
you're a stupid fuck now

ded browser

Firefox is the only browser that has the

seld-destructing cookies extension

it's very convenient

>wizard
>windows

>Can't move to any other browser because of the FT DeepDark theme
No other theme on any other browser comes close.

I can't move either because of the autistic one-row toolbar setup I use is literally impossible on any other browser.

This, Private Tab, and Open With, are the reasons I still use FF.

Is Vivaldi still ridiculously laggy?

Post a screenshot

The urlbar is still wonky, but it's good enough for me. Somehow it worked better in Pale Moon.

Vilvaldi is a slow piece of shit senpai

What happens when you have five or more tabs open? Does the URL bar just disappear?

Switch to Internet Explorer :^)

>Finally rid of this crap
Next step is linux

It gets smaller, but I rarely, if ever have more than 5-6 up, at the size I have the window that still fits nicely.

I unironically use Vivaldi because tiling tabs is pretty useful.

news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315

LAWLS, no wonder Firefox getting worse every year.

Where did it go wrong? How are Google doing it better than them? How?

>It's another bloatware vs botnet episode

Your point?

Probably when they fired the no-gays guy.

tree style tabs are awful

It's choosing between two turds, what's the point

Any respectable OS has an extension for this. Vivaldi remains a joke.

so make your own

I would not know where to start.

I don't even know what these things are coded in.

>currently have 193 tabs
>under 1gb ram
Idk what you're on about op.

It'll remain ridiculously laggy till they decide to make a browser instead of a Chromium web app.

It takes like 20 minutes if you are codesavy and use a guide for reference, even if you don't know js or html.

>not using waterfox

>
The problem is that they don't give a rats ass if Mozilla is successful, their metric is not financial (because its +- been assured to come every month through the single revenue stream: search deal), and it's not market share (because they have nobody to answer to except the employees and they tell us, I quote "market share does not matter much stop looking at it") (Fucking really Chris? REALLY?).
They also set their salaries, by the way. So basically they do random things they think are cool, with little to no data or idea of what matter or does not matter. Do you know half of them use Chrome as their main browser? How is that not telling?

What the actual FUCK

Is this more noticeable on slower computers?
I've been using both firefox and vivaldi with 100+ tabs for a while now and I'm not noticing vivaldi being a laggier or slower experience.
Both are probably slower compared to standard chromium but it lacks the customization that I want.

>being this computer illiterate

it's not for kids, user, it's only for people who know shit

>All my assumptions are fact
>How can this company be so bad?
Has it ever occured to you, that, you know, you may be wrong?

>firecucksers

oh ho ho le ebin cuck mem

>oh look at me guys I'm voting for donald trump coz wall good muslims bad. praise jesus.

I haven't auto updated since v23

why do you fags not use that version and self update things?

Thanks to make my day better, Cred Forums...or Cred Forums.

You're finally getting rid of Windows 10? Good.

I agree with you both, and yet Vivaldi seems like the best browser available. Firefox has really gone downhill...

>doesn't like crap
>uses windows

PALE MOON
A
L
E

M
O
O
N

..?

ayy

Try Vanilla Cookie Manager. It's certainly not worth keeping firefox for that extension.

this

Goanna > Gecko

what the fuck am I even looking at

>install chromium
>go to connect to squid cache
>chromium does not support proxies
>have to pass command line switch for basic proxy functionality
You were saying chromefags?

>it's not for kids, user, it's only for people who know shit
People who know shit do know that noscript breaks 90% of all websites navigation nowadays you idiot.

People who know shit know how to make NoScript not break websites.

>how to make
why should i have to learn a special way to get it to work? Where there are better options that just werx out of the box?

You don't have to learn anything, dumbass. Literally all you do is make educated guesses at which scripts to enable. If the site's some cancer that has hundreds of scripts, just don't bother and temporarily enable all scripts for the page.

fuck tabs
i hated tabs since they came out
"ANOTHER toolbar, god damn"
this is what i ended up with 2016

The font rendering here pains me.

Wait so which browser(s) are we using?

To be honest, I was recently thinking of switching back. Now that they offer cross-platform mobile syncing on iOS I'm not restricted to Chrome anymore. Another plus is that they actually put the UI on the bottom of the screen on mobile, unlike Chrome which for some godawful reason puts it in the upper right and left corners, which is exactly where my thumbs AREN'T located.

I don't have any philosophical preference for browsers, which would be retarded, and the fact is that the Firefox's speed & memory usage is at least roughly on-par with Chrome's, if not ahead in the memory usage department, so I have no real reason to be loyal towards one browser or another.

Those are some bizarre fonts, bro.

>I hate functionalities. My browser being unusable is totally worth 20 pixels of webpage space that I could otherwise scroll through.

I don't understand your kind, but yes, please fuck off the Firefox userbase and go back to Botnet. You people have done a lot of damage to a browser that was destined to be awesome by pushing it to become Chrome.

Sidetabs are where it's at

Google rapes its users three hundred times harder.

I don't understand what is wrong with Firefox. It's the best web browser out there in terms of ethical standards.

Not to mention Waterfox and the tens of other fully functional derivatives.

You are a faggot because Nightly is just more unstable.

But if it works fine for you and you enjoy seeing features and testing them earlier than others, then you aren't much of a faggot.

>1 voice chat
>2 YouTube tabs
>2 chan tabs
>shit starts slowing down
>check task manager
>using 8.1 fucking gigs of ram
Back in 2011 I used my old vista machine with its 2 gigs of ram and never had a problem.

Thank you modern webâ„¢!

its taken a while but i honestly think this is the most disturbing thing i've fucking seen on the site in a long time. thanks user.

how do i import my bookmarks from Firefox to Palemoon ?

Compared to how much with those identical tabs open in Chrome?

>dead
>still gets updated regularly

???

Last update was in 2013. You're probably thinking of Chropera.

>right down to spying on its users unless you about:config the shit out of it.
Care to explain?

enjoy your wasted pixels
nigger i hate chrome, im using firefox
and i want every fucking pixel my screen has to offer. fuck programs wasting my space with shit design, then coaxing users to buy 4k. FUCK YOU. 1200X800 WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME 10 YEARS AGO, IVE BEEN FORCED TO GO TO 1920X1080 AND THE PROGRAMS ARE THE GOD DAMN SAME. fuck marketing and fuck your shit i make my shit and use it how i want it WRYYYYYY
changes system fonts and increase web size, you can change them to whatever you want obviously.

>wasted pixels
Not using side tabs is more of a waste. Vertical space is far more important, dumbass. Besides, if the pixels are used for literally anything of value, they're not wasted.

Cred Forums - Your personal blog

I run nightly and most of extensions have been fine. E10 broke some shit but they actually tried to get in touch with the addon authors to get them to fix it before prime time.

>Vivalti is closed source

Thanks for typing it for me famalama. Here's your (You)

>shit font rendering

Saw this thread on the front page
What's wrong with firefox, Cred Forums?