Desktop Environments

Is gnome Cred Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellshock_(software_bug)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, Cred Forums approves only the most inconvenient ways to use a computer because they majority are NEETs that spend their whole days ricing for no reason.

It's foss, why not?
Ya know actually I'm more of a KDE guy myself. I heard this desktop environment is supposed to be better, but you know what they say: old habits they die hard.

>tfw my Linux life started with KDE 4
>later I discovered KDE 3 and feel comfy

OP, stop being a nigger and just use whatever DE you like. If you're new to Linux, Gnome is fine. It's intuitive and lists programs similar to how a smart phone lists apps.

If you're looking for a DE that's less resource intensive, try out something else like MATE or XFCE and test them out until you find one you like.

Who cares if gnome Cred Forums approved? Cred Forums is full of a bunch of retards who think their opinions about obscure software minutiae matter.

gayest scene ever. why did they even do it? it was so awkward

...you do know they're gonna make Elliot and Tyrell gay lovers, right? Not even kidding. Listen to the last sentence of the last episode of season 2.

You've been warned.

I only watched season 1 to its complete nothing of season 2

nothing wrong with choosing Cred Forumsnome

Gnome 2 is quite comfy. That's why I use MATE.

Well depending on how you look at it I either spoiled the season 2 finale cliffhanger with this prediction, or saved you from wasting 12 hours of your life on what may be some poorly written faggy love story.

>it was so awkward
That was the whole point.

I dont mind honesty I liked the first scene the other things felt so stupid although the first scene also felt stupid its a cool thing to imagine yourself in

I don't think it's like that. It's a fascination sort of thing. It's like a cult. And Elliot is their messiah. Angela was the same. She became like that after talking to Whiterose. And considering how the Dark Army foot soldiers work, going as far as to kill themselves for the cause, a cult is a possibility.

Everybody knows REAL SERIOUS EXPERT HACKERS only use Arch Linux with i3 with a dark as my soul theme and an Anime wallpaper

real hackers have a reallife photo as wallpaper with their waifu shopped in front of it.

>That was the whole point.

You sure about that, senpai?

Tyrell: Oh, hi. Tyrell Wellick, Senior Vice President, Technology.

Elliot: Elliot. Just a tech.

Tyrell: Don't be so humble. You know, I started out exactly where you are, and to be honest, you know, my heart is still there. So I see you're running Gnome. You know, I'm actually on KDE myself. I know this desktop environment is supposed to be better, but you know what they say, old habits, they die hard.

Elliot: An executive running Linux? But, that -

Tyrell: Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I'm an executive. I mean, why am I even running Linux? Again, old habits. It's gonna be fun working with you. I should join the rest of the group.

It was the first episode, so they had to use a few buzzwords for people to assume at least a little competence.

seems like they try to get the geeks but they just created the most awkward scene ever. like who the fuck cares so much about DE to say something about it.
rather say:

So I see you are using VI you fucking phaggot get real editor like nano real hackers use nano you twink.

KDE 2 was better

are gnome and cinnamon the only hidpi friendly desktop environments?

That makes no sense. Most of the people watching the show probably didn't recognize the terms Gnome and KDE; people who did would find it odd that Elliot- who up to this point had shown the know-how to fuck with with TOR exit nodes- would use Gnome given how fucking big of a DE it is, and how more LoC = increased risk for vulns.

What's more likely is Esmail wrote the pilot with the help of some friends who knew a little Linuxy jargon, but not nearly as much as "Elliot" is supposed to know, and this scene is proof that the show started off with the writer's not really knowing shit.

If you pull up the original pilot script this dialogue isn't even in it. They don't discuss Gnome vs KDE. It's Tyrell talking about how he's using Red Hat.

When I use a friend's computer and they're running some meme distro:

>still using bash
>current year
>when will they learn

Maybe they were trying to take a stab at techno wars in general, though GNOME vs KDE is definitely an odd choice. Talking about emacs vs vi for example would have made more sense.

Agreed. Though I can see why they may have thought not to repeat that war given it was mentioned in Silicon Valley in that episode where the main autist spergs out on the hot FB employee over tabs vs spaces.

IIRC he verbatim says, "Next you're gonna tell me you use Vim over Emacs."

>Not using bash
>Doesn't understand job security

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellshock_(software_bug)
>Doesn't understand job security
>job security
>security

You do know there are other vulns for Bash that haven't been made public, don't you? Do you feel safe, user?

My gpu doesn't like it

Its comfy af. And I dont think zsh is more secure.

MATE the comfiest

>Ya know actually I'm more of a KDE guy myself. I heard this desktop environment is supposed to be better, but you know what they say: old habits they die hard.
You came here to post this, didn't you? Dirty bastard...

I love xfce cant help it
I tried to hate it but I love it

who cares?
I love it then I use it.

>you know you know you know

Too bad no one performed to fork it.

KDE > Gnome

GNOME is pretty great
that robo-show is for cucks though

vim is better

Xfce master race here. Reason is that you can run it in a VM without graphics drivers.

>padding everywhere: the desktop environment
I like it, Nautilus has some nifty features, but ultimately, it's eye cancer.
Gnome 2 was better.

I'm more of a KDE man myself

Honestly I went back to GNOME3 recently and I'm loving it. The RAM usage/bloat isn't even that bad.

>gayest
Yep, it was the beginning of the extremely romantic relationship they share. Bravo elliot and Tyrrell. Your an inspiration to the LGBT Hackerspace lovebox in Willcome Tennessee.

Gnome 3 is great
It looks good and is different enough to not feel like a Windows/Mac clone like some other DEs
Even better is that is enrages autists

KDE
D
E

The only Cred Forums approved DE is Aqua.

KDE 4 wasn't that bad