I would like to switch to a sapphire 480 nitro

Bonjour les anonymes,

I have a i53550, 8gb Ram and a 7950 sapphire.

I would like to upgrade the gpu to a 480, I play on a 1200p screen.

Would my cpu bottleneck it?

How do I replace it? I just take the older card and replace it? or I have to do some MAGIC TRICKS with the software?

Thanks

is your current cpu bottlenecking your current gpu? whatever the answer to that is will be the answer to your question. its most likely no
to replace it you just run something like Display Driver Uninstaller uninstall drivers on safe boot and shut off. swap the video cards and reinstall drivers
even though theyre both GCN cards its better to reinstall the drivers in my opinion

You need to download and run "AMD Cleanup tool"
Then you just replace cards and isntall fresh drivers

You will be fine with that CPU.
AMD card performance rely more on CPU than Nvidia cards but you won't notice it.

Depends on what game you're playing atm and future titles.

480 prices are inflated atm so maybe save for a fury nitro or 1070 phoenix.

If u really want a 480 I'd get an 8g
- XFX GTR ( combine with a skyline cpu and place inside a r32 for ultimate jdm power. You could use a a twin turbo setup for decent airflow too. Also, ricing adds substantial gains to oc levels. Especially nismo shit nigga.)
- Asus strix
- nitro

But ye, fury nitro 310 usd

My initial plane was to buy&build myself a new pc, but life occurred
Thanks
buying in switzerland, Fury costs like a 1070. I could even buy it, but I prefer spend a little less and have a new rig in a couple of years

>AMD Cleanup tool
Not OP, but is there a difference between running "AMD Cleanup tool" and DDU?

>Bonjour les anonymes
stopped right there

OP here you can gently kill yourself

no bottlenecking

r32
jdm
nismo
wat

thanks!

Redpill me on the 1060 vs 480 meme
thanks

Buy amd

Can you order from Germany? It's been on sale like this continuously for weeks now.

1060 will be better in the short term, 480 will be better in the long run. When the r9 290x and the 780ti both came out, the 780ti was the better card by a huge margin, but nowadays the r9 290x makes the 780ti it's bitch. So if you're just going to use if for a year or so, go with a 1060, but if you plan on keeping it around for 3-4 years get the 480 all the way.

>XFX GTR
My FXF GTR Black just arrived today, and I'm really happy with it. Runs a lot cooler than my old Shitabye R9 280.

Pros
>Better performance in DX9, 10, and 11
>Doesn't have issues with heat (the mini EVGA card is a fraction of the size of the other 1060's and performs just as well)
>Good variety of non-reference cards
Cons
>Slightly worse performance in DX12 and vulkan (depends on the game and how lazy the developers were), however it does manage to equal the 480 in a couple of titles
>Less saturated colours. Makes everything seem a little washed out
>Can't use freesync displays
>It will cease to be supported once Volta is released next year (just like what happened with Maxwell when Pascal was released)

RX 480 (non-reference)
Pros
>Good longevity. Will continue to be supported in 4-5 years time
>More vibrant colours
>Good performance in vulkan/dx12
>Performs well in DX11 and below, even on ultra settings
>Driver support has been superb, with what seems like a new update every 2-3 weeks
>Can use freesync displays
Cons
>Some models run rather hot (not the case for my XFX GTR Black, it barely hits 64C at full load with fans at 40%)
>Some of the non-reference models are cheap and poorly designed (gigabyte and powercolor are the two worst)

The reference 480 is mostly garbage, and should be avoided. The difference between the two cards is quite insignificant, in the majority of cases it's only 2-3fps, which you won't even notice, and your choice largely depends on what your future plans are. If you plan to upgrade again when volta is released, then go with the 1060. It you want to keep your card for 3+ years, go with the 480. Meme's aside, they are both good cards.

Should I buy a 470 8gb or 480 4gb for 1440p?

Assuming you're talking about vidya, definitely the 480 if that's your budget, but if you can afford a Fury or wait for Vega that would be your best bet.

Fick dich du schwanzloser niggerlover

Neither are good for 1440p.

I wouldn't recommend a sapphire card with this cooler, its gonna be fucking loud.

The Fury cards are $309+ right now. I might just get one of those.

>He unironically says "redpill me"
>>>/reddit/

gutentag das auto mein fuhrer
ich bin Rodolphe

Get the cheaper one. Don't fall for the 8 gb meme. Don't get anything other than sapphire.

but MSI cooler is objectively better on polaris cards.

the 480 will get 5 years of support and undervolting really gets the most out of it

the 1060 will be obsolete next year

What is this dank may mee?

>open wattmang
>set fan to 2k max
>power limit to +50
>high state voltage -as much as you dare
>behold quiet cool nitro @1350

yeah normally sapphire puts out the best cooler but this time around it's definitely MSI's, which is unfortunate imo because I love the Sapphire's design and the MSI card'd doesn't match my computer at all.

I have a related question for the graphics card gurus. Which GTX 1080 card should I get?

I've got everything else I need for my new build but I want to get the best version of the card. yes I've been reading review but just wanted to hear what my fellow Cred Forumsentlemen have to say

it sounds like a vacuum at 2k rpm. I would say it's quiet up to 1300-1400 rpm.

I pulled the trigger on a Sapphire Nitro RX 470 last week since my HD 7770 shit the bed hard. Ordered a 4gb version, got an 8gb version.

I have a 8320 clocked at 4.29ghz and the performance is quite good, the RX 470 was 75usd cheaper than a reference 480 8gb. I overclocked it this saturday and got 1330mzh with 10%+ power limit and a 60mv drop on volts. Max temp is 75° on "heavy gayming" so its a really good card, the fans are close to dead silent.

I could have saved 10usd and bought a 3gb 1060 but seeing GTA V using 4.32gb with 1440p VSR i think i choosed good.

Maybe my next update will be an Nvidia gpu.

My next laptop will shurely have a Nvidia GPU.

>Ordered a 4gb version, got an 8gb version.
damn how nice, if only nvidia would give out vram for free :^)

>the fans are close to dead silent.
how? what rpm?
maybe my card is defective :/

I think it was more of a problem with the shop i ordered to, im mexican and buy on amazon or Mercado libre(Latin branch of best buy) i have that fucking luck.

Last year i bought an Corsair H80 and got an H80i GT.

My GF laptop got fucked and since she had the Tiger Direct extended warranty they returned the money so we pulled the trigger on a MSI GP62 Leopard Pro, a nice update for her Acer V5.

why are you going with nvidia next if you didnt have one of those oh so horrendous stories with amd

IIRC RPM where about 2400RPM at idle and up to 3600-400rpm on gayming.

I have an H440 (see pic above) and is under my desk so it helps acoustics a lot. The H80i GT was LOUD almost all the time but since the last update and when i installed the RX 470 I changed the 3 Pin fan connector from the CPU to a Power_Fan connector and disabled the "no cpu_fan" warning on the bios and now its also dead quiet, even on heavy gayming the cpu doesnt goes above 61° with the pump at almost full speed (90%/1860RPM) and fans on 1600RPM.

I have said it everytime i post here: Fuck brand loyalties. I havent used and Nvidia GPU since my 8800GTX and bought the HD 7770 because the 460 was a raging house fire.

My HD7770 shit the bed because of my fucking fault, i used to overclockit with the CCC, but BF4 didn't liked Oce'd gpu's and would crash, but since i started playing insurgency and read about WattMan i wanted to give it a try and i guess i fucked up.

Im still scared of WattMan tho, i overclocked the RX using the Strixx software.

Also Nvidia has the ballgame in terms of GPU perfomance of mobile (thanks to their R&D experience with ARM) I do want AMD to launch nice Zen based APU but we are talking 2 years minimum for that.

I didn't updated from Excavator to Skylake because of the little gains over Sandy bridge and i feel my 4.29 8320 is still quite competitive. So i think the update from a i3 3117 to a 6700HQ with a 1060 would be nice.

>IIRC RPM where about 2400RPM at idle and up to 3600-400rpm on gayming.
it can't be that high. on idle fans should be off, 2400rpm is really loud and max is 3200rpm for this card. are you sure you're getting correct reporting?