What is the experience here with the Xiaomi.eu ROMs for the Redmi meme 3 pro?

What is the experience here with the Xiaomi.eu ROMs for the Redmi meme 3 pro?
Are they trustworthy?
Does this remove the Xiaomi botnet?

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2014/08/xiaomi-phones-secretly-sending-users.html?m=1
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-9-15-19.34208/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am currently using it. It's much better than the global ROM. I am still waiting for CM to be stable enough. Basically CM is much better but pretty unstable at the moment so this ROM is a good substitute.

Yes this was also my thinking. CM is unfortunately very shitty on RN3P. Someone needs to step in

What is different EU vs global

100% sure it comes with a Chinese botnet included.

So this is why their mediaplayers are so cheap?

Their mi box looks really promising, but if its a botnet fest, is it worth it?

Fuckoff Apple shill

site unavailable
how is it better than the official rom?

It's not. It just has a few tweaks for EU countries like additional language support.

just use the global rom fuccboi

I am not so sure. By botnet I meant the analyticscore app from Xiaomi

thehackernews.com/2014/08/xiaomi-phones-secretly-sending-users.html?m=1

Is this still in the Xiaomi.eu ROM?

They said they removed it in the latest release notes.
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-9-15-19.34208/

I'm trying to unlock mine, I got my verification code and I'm getting a
>Couldn't Verify Device
error.

Fuck this piece of shit, first and last Xiashit I buy.

Can't you just message them?
Also how long did you wait for verification?

The thing is, they sent me a message saying that they approved my request, it took 3 days.
Now I try to unlock it, and the Mi Unlock app says it couldn't verify device.
What's worse is I found a thread made in February, that it's still getting posts up to this day, of people with this issue, and the only thing those fucking chinks reply whenever they ask them to fix this shit is
>please kindly check that the account is correct

What a fucking joke.

Also, it took 3 days for the approval message to arriva.

Well, when I read about it on their webpage they said it could take a week or two.

The idea with requiring verification code for unlocking bootloader seems insane at first, but there is sense in it - to prevent resellers from installing malicious firmwares. Compared to just locking bootloader, it's a much better solution.

I bought Xiaomi for my mother, but obviously didn't unlock it or install any ROMs. In its price range, I don't think there are better alternatives.

Considering so many people can't unlock the bootloader, this method seems like a piece of shit.

I'm not saying their implementation of it is good, just the general idea.

Eu rom has more translations, some bloatware apps removed, some chinese apps translated, weekly updates, root access

I've recently switched back to the official global dev rom and I really don't notice much more bloatware compared to the Xiaomi.eu rom.

Is root access by default? Or do you need to flash SuperSU?

Also, am I correct to assume that I have to use TWRP to flash the xiaomi.eu ROM?

in the permissions app, where you can set what apps are allowed push notifications or wakelocks there is also an enable root option, once you activate it you can enable root on a per app basis, or grant permissions to SuperSU and use that to manage your other apps.

Im not sure if you need TWRP to flash the eu rom on a redmi, i did not need it with my mi4 but that comes with an unlocked bootloader and you can just flash it with the xiaomi updater.