Why did superior technology Japanese phones die?

Why did superior technology Japanese phones die?

Why was Apple allowed to bullshit their way into dominance by deceptive marketing?

Why are people overpaying for phones these days when superior cheap Chinese phones exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_4G_8gEjng
allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Reviewing_the_P910i_from_Orange.php
japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Becaus3 Am3rica, wans theirr Murican made phones. I fuvkin guess anyway.

>Japanese
The Japanese somehow managed to become some of the most tech illiterate out there. Their phone's were already btfo by fucking leafs.

>Why was apple allowed to.
They actually were ahead of the curve when they first launched. Media playback alone iPhones were way ahead of blackberries, add the app store to the mix and it's no wonder. Android didn't have it's shit together till Gingerbread.

>why are people overpaying.
Because they don't need any of the advantages of Android, have never heard of small Chinese companies and iPhones are far more streamlined amd fashionable.
Android is popular enough that it really doesn't matter what normies use.

Japs love """fashion"""" and iPhones are """fashionable"""

>btfo by fucking leafs

Only an ignorant 17 year old with no idea about what Japanese phones were capable of would ever say dumb shit like this.

Japan has some of the best engineering in the world. They're widely known in the technology market for being trendsetters and the standard to compare high end technology to. It's just that the Japanese have started to care less about the global market now and care about their local market. Many Japanese products rarely leave Japan, and if they do, it's usually a long time after it's already been released in Japan.

>android based
>2011
user on how underage are you?
I've heard stories of Sony sending faxes still amd mailing data on optical media.
That and japs still haven't figuired out how to play games on their fucking computers

>Why did superior technology Japanese phones die?

The sw part wasn't that superior. Softbank made a fortune with allowing Apple products to sell in Japan.

They have great hardware designers. Software wise they can't work with small overhead for shit. We have a Jap team working in C and they always get things behind schedule and overboard. The german or French team always get stuck QAing their shit.

>I've heard stories of Sony sending faxes still amd mailing data on optical media.
>That and japs still haven't figuired out how to play games on their fucking computers

Source? Japan still manages to innovate and has a long history of being innovative in the past. Japan helped create the new york bridge for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_4G_8gEjng

Because Japan doesn't care about them.
Iphones are what's hip, and easy. That's what gets used.

FeliCia mobile wallet tech has been around for over a decade in Japanese phones. And you know what? Nobody uses it. Nobody even uses IC cards as payment, because they don't care. They just use cash.

Source: I live in Japan.

>Blackberry
>Blackberry
>Blackberry
>Blackberry
>Blackberry

That's all your post said. Blackberry never dominated the world, Nokia did.Japanese and Nokia phones ran Symbian which was superior in every way to iPhones.

It's just an image I used. What I said still stands. Blackberry was never a world leader.

Blackberry was better,
Fuck off retard, as if being btfo by fins would of been any better, and iPhone was still ahead of whatever the fuck nokia was shipping at the time as well.
I would also argue RIM was the pioneers of the early smartphone.
I'm mostly talking out my ass shit i've seen on Cred Forums. I mean the pc thing is pretty obviously true. I never meant anything against their history, and I am sure they havesomw very fine engineers to this day. Their relationship with technology has just become more... Odd..
>moving goalposts.
Find me a pre iPhone Japanese phome better than it's blackberry equivalent.

Apple was proven in court to have copied Sony designs for the iPhones

>Japan still manages to innovate
In steelmaking.

>Blackberry was better,

Only if you're Canadian

WEEB FAGS

>Find me a pre iPhone Japanese phome better than it's blackberry equivalent.

Every one of them.

Only an ignorant 17 year old with no idea about what Japanese phones were capable of would ever say dumb shit like this.

Pic not related?

Thinking of getting a Z5 Compact actually.

I hate how phones have all become wannabe tablets.

I have a Z5 regular and this is a good choice.
But they fucked stamina mode since 6.0 just fyi.

Pic highly related

Oh,so you were being sarcastic?

Sony products tends to have great original design.

But all people are talking about is Apple.

>implying it's not a Swedish/Japonian shit

Sony bought Ericsson for their chips. Sony design was always superior.

No allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Reviewing_the_P910i_from_Orange.php

>Nokia phones ran Symbian which was superior in every way to iPhones
>superior in every way to iPhones

Have you ever actually used symbian? It's shit, horrible UI, terrible performance, stability issues. Andorid/WP/iOS are unquestionably better

Not to mention the fact that developing software for Symbian was a fucking nightmare

>nobody uses IC cards

A fuckton of people use IC cards, especially for trains.

Stamina mode is back with the latest 6.0 release.

My Z4 has it.

Everybody uses IC cards for public transport you dummy. inb4 you live in some village with a population of 5000 people.

Now I know you're just parroting what you read on American """""tech review sites""""" written by people who never used Symbian because Symbian phones were blackballed from USA due to them having superior features that inferior American networks couldn't cope with.

The ones that were released in the US were crippled.

Yes, obviously people use IC cards for transport. I didn't think I needed to specify.

I meant for payment in shops. Many places have IC readers, but I've never seen anyone actually use them except for me. Convenience stores even have their own payment cards, but I've never seen anyone use them.

The heck? People use IC cards to pay all the time, even outside of trains. Small stuff like vending machines and even in supermarkets.
But yes, pretty much never saw anyone using this FeliCia stuff.
No idea where you live, I lived for 2 years in Tokyo.

>Nobody even uses IC cards as payment

HAHAHAHA

japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

I know those are options, I'm saying I don't see people take that option. Maybe it just isn't popular over in Shizuoka though.

See

Americans are retards, that's why.

I see people use them all the time in convenience stores and cending machines.

A lor of people also have a combi-card that also functions as a regular credit card but with icoca/pitapa functionality.

Outside of Tokyo and Osaka I don't think they caught on all thag much. Until a year or two ago you couldn't use a specific areas card outside of their area.

You really have no idea, do you.

Surprise: it takes more than reading a mango to know about keitai.

>I've heard stories of Sony sending faxes still amd mailing data on optical media.
Partly for legal reasons and partly for traditional reasons. You really don't want to send a hanko by email.

>That and japs still haven't figuired out how to play games on their fucking computers
... which gives them an enormous productivity boost.

Yes, actually I have.

For many years I had the P1i, the model after the depicted phone.

Software was quite stable but software that came with the phone was painfully made by outsourced resources. Dog slow. Opera mobile, on the other hand, truly flew.

Hardware was excellent and I never lost a call even in tunnels where others lost their calls.

Checking design registrations I see the designer was Japanese.

Baconfu fag pls go