Windows 10 = trash?

Windows 10 has been REALLY buggy for me so far. What have I done wrong?

So a lot has happened since I installed windows 10 so i'll just start from the beginning.
I had windows 7 and had been waiting to install windows 10 because i didn't want to risk it just yet, as I know there are often bugs soon after release. However, my girlfriend had installed it on her computer and has not experienced any issues, so I thought I may as well give it a go.
there are a few issues I have experienced. Firstly, very quickly after installing I realized that I was getting weird graphical glitches, screen tearing kind of things. and my 2 monitor display would often glitch out and one monitor would show what is on the other for a second. i.imgur.com/E4c12uj.png this is an example of the graphics glitch, although this one is rather benign. Notice the left screen has a tear.
The other issue is that, after upgrading from win7, all my apps in win 10 were fine, then after installing a new graphics driver and some other apps (to try to fix graphics bug) most of my apps have not been working properly. for instance, I could navigate to where chrome was installed, but the PC didn't know it was installed and it was not appearing as an option in the default programs list.
I'm currently talking to a tech from Microsoft but I thought I share my story with Cred Forums because windows 10 is a piece of crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-might-soon-track-absolutely-everything-you-do-for-your-own-good-508602.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>then after installing a new graphics driver

Fix your video shit you stupid fucking nigger

>I share my story with Cred Forums because windows 10 is a piece of crap.

We already know that you fucklord, we're not all dense cunts like you. Great blogpost though, would read again.

>you'll never be this mad
top kek

>same thread as yesterday

Still better than any lonix shitro with its 2% turbo autistic userbase

news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-might-soon-track-absolutely-everything-you-do-for-your-own-good-508602.shtml

>Micropajeet on full damage control
Enjoy your half assed unstable piece of shit """OS"""

Still better than lonix shitros

10 toenail clippings have been deposited in to your GNUshilla account.

3 bing points and a plate of curry has been dispatched to your account, rajesh

-t.
your designated CEO,
pooinlootella

Windows 10 is a piece of crap! I DID NOT click to update. I was perfectly happy with Windows 7. I had the update install recently without my permission and my computer is shot. Turned my computer on this morning and it would not work. All it says it that it needs to repair the disk. No matter what it tells me to do it says that the disk cannot be repaired. I purchased my computer 3 years ago brand new. Was fortunate enough to find one in a store with Windows 7 because that is what I like. Now I am screwed. No laptop and no money to purchase a new one. After 4 hours of clicking on what it tells me to do.... Nothing!

Still bettrr than lonix

Oh look another limp dick white boy mad that Indians are doing better than him.

Is that what pajeets keep telling to themselves?

Indians killed microsoft with wangblows 10. Thanks, pajeet for shitting on the to-go OS

2% lololo

t. Pajeet "I smear Cow PooPoo on my face" McShillington

Posting trash outside Cred Forums is a bannable offence

>>>/global/rules/6
>>>/global/rules/2

Why are you posting about lonix then

Thanks for introducing urself

Which one of u is in that picture

OP have you tried doing a clean install?
I would recommend backing up all your data and then reinstalling Windows.

>lonix
>not linux
>why are you posting about lonix then
Because it's Technology, your shitposts aren't technology, Apu.
also lrn2english m8.

I've installed Windows 10 as the first OS on my new pc build and it works excellently, I frankly can't understand all this bitching about it. Windows 10 is easily the best OS I've ever tried.

Not OP but I made a fresh install and the OS wouldn't boot after video driver installation. It detects the proper hardware, installs the driver for it but it never goes past the reboot screen

lonix is not technology its autism

>Windows 10 has been REALLY buggy for me so far. What have I done wrong?
Nothing. It IS still buggy.
Not as bad as on launch , back then I've had audio drivers crash 100% of the time, devices disappearing from Device Manager, Start menu not working, window compositing not working etc etc.
But it will never be truly fixed because MS rush trough milestones and nothing is ever completely fixed. If you want stability 7 and 8.1 are rock solid, if you want DX12 games you're stuck with 10.

I like windows 10 as well, but until you've tried arch with cinnamon I don't think you can say that windows is the best.

Please explain, lad.
>spelling linux as lonix
>calling linux autism
OK, Apu, whatever you say :^)

Stay triggered pajeet :^}

> you will never try a better OS than a self-proclaimed SJW free OS that requires 3 CS degrees to be used

What am I supposed to explain?

>the pot calling the kettle black
(it's google translated, but whatever)
वे तुम्हें कितना भुगतान करते हैं?
How Windows 10 is the best OS in your opinion.

My fucking wifi will not work because microshit decided not to be compatible with the legacy broadcom driver.

Linux does not have this problem. Older windows versions don't have this problem.

I don't want my WiFi dropped every 30 minutes so I decided to ditch windows 10 completely.

Windows 10 is the worst OS I have ever used

If lonix is good why does it have 2% marketshare and why is its userbase associated with autistic neckbeards like you :^}

@56790450 (:^))
>implying that if something needs to be good, it has to have 100% marketshare
lmaoing @ your life

Because Linux does not target computer illiterate people (which makes up the largest portion of its userbase)

Reminder that ALL computer illiterates use windows

And all companies etc :^}

Implying people wouldnt use a free product if it was better

Lonix user logic in its finest

I haven't had problems with WiFi, but sometimes 10 wouldn't go to sleep or it took 2-3 minutes to do so for no apparent reason. And I checked everything with the powercfg tools, tried different drivers etc. nothing helped.
One day I pulled out my laptop from my backpack and it was at 20% battery and everything was heated at 50*C because 10 didn't go to sleep, and that was that for Windows 10 on my laptop.

>not knowing that normie-friendly distros exist
Keep on worshipping toilets, Apu, maybe you'll be given your own toilet to worship from the gods.

>implying that anyone gives a fuck about lonix shitros

Keep shilling for your free shitty os because you cant afford windows pajeet

>pajeet calling me a pajeet
If you count Android, that's also Linux, it's used by practically everyone, even your Indian friends.

>And all companies
Yes, companies. Computer illiterate retards still use windows indefinitely because they need an IT guy to learn how to send an email.

Retard

Android is not lonix

Nice made up faggotry there, ignoring real life facts just like a true tumblr feminists cow

@56790565
>android is not linux
Please explain.
It runs Linux as a kernel, Google it if you think I'm bullshitting you.

>This level of damage control
Also, thanks for proving that I was not joking about windows users being computer illiterate

Its not linux, ubuntu phone was linux and its flopped hard just like steamos

Nice job ignoring facts autismo, lonix is still irrelevant tho

Thanks for proving that only turbo autist neckbeards use lonix

@56790679
>i ask you to explain
>you respond with "it's not linux"
Thanks for proving once again that your reading comprehension is practically nonexistent.
Please explain to me in detail how Android is not Linux, and then I'll continue giving you (You)s.

YOU are the one who has no clue what he's talking about dumb winbabby.

Look up and see android is Linux. Honestly what the fuck are you doing in this board, idiot?

Now fuck off

Android is not lonix, there is nothing to explain

Yeah, its not lonix, what are you keep whining about

Android is Linux, retaded winkid

@56790763
>nothing to explain
From Wikipedia:
>Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on the Linux kernel and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
>android
>based on the linux kernel
>he still says it's not linux

Nope autistic lincuck

Android is not lonix, when will you understand it autismo maximo

>N-No it isn't
Cry some more, low IQ winbaby

Although Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, the platform has very little in common with the conventional desktop Linux stack. In fact, during a presentation at the Google IO conference, Google engineer Patrick Brady stated unambiguously that Android is not Linux.

Lincuck rekt

>this thread derailed by a mere mention of "lonix"

@56790821
>he's presented with facts
>he still implies that android isn't linux

u two autistic manchildren are the ones crying because their little cuck os is irrelevant

frogposter lol, getting desperate there i see

@56790863
>he's resorting to insults to justify his failed abortion of an os

Android Version |API Level |Linux Kernel in AOSP
----------------------------------------------------
1.5 Cupcake |3 |2.6.27
1.6 Donut |4 |2.6.29
2.0/1 Eclair |5-7 |2.6.29
2.2.x Froyo |8 |2.6.32
2.3.x Gingerbread |9, 10 |2.6.35
3.x.x Honeycomb |11-13 |2.6.36
4.0.x Ice Cream San|14, 15 |3.0.1
4.1.x Jelly Bean |16 |3.0.31
4.2.x Jelly Bean |17 |3.4.0
4.3 Jelly Bean |18 |3.4.39
4.4 Kit Kat |19, 20 |3.10
5.x Lollipop |21, 22 |3.16.1
6.0 Marshmallow |23 |3.18.10

>3.18
Are they following the kernel version of debian stable now?

>Windows 10

it's a great OS.

>presented by facts
>still believes that lonix is not a shit irrelvant os
>posts frog

pathetic

Shit* OS. Sorry my bad

@56790882
>facts
>he didn't present a single source
See

Oh i see you are ignoring that lonix has 2% marketshare and the part where google engineer says android is not lonix

I think this is the source of the recurring misconception: In 2010, a Google engineer put his foot in his mouth and said that Android isn't Linux. There were some technical differences which kept Android out of the main Linux tree for a while, but they were resolved.

Even at the height of the conflict, Android was still based on Linux. By March 2012, Android and Linux were re-merged into a single operating system. I can't imagine that the two will ever fork again, not in any way, shape, or form.

What it all means in sum is that Android is indeed an open-source operating system and that anyone—yes, even you — can use it as the basis for their own devices, applications, and services. As such, it's more open than Apple or Microsoft's mobile operating systems, and it's only significant open-source competitors, are — oh the irony — were actually built on AOSP.

>he he h eee didd dndt sorrxeee

Use google lonix child :^}

>gets proven wrong for the 1000th time
>but but sauuuccceew

Hehe

You're not doing anything wrong, Windows 10 is just shit. Ever since I installed it I have had countless issues, usually 1-2 per week. Windows 7 never gave me problems.

@56790904
>Android is not Linux in the traditional Unix-like Linux distribution sense
>From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
@56790917
I actually present my sources, You?

>Use google
Okay..

I almost forgot to add:
Even though the engineer said Android isn't Linux, he didn't imply that Android indeed wasn't Linux, he implied that Android is Linux, just not in the traditional "distribution" way that Linux was distributed with.

>i know better than the makers of android that what android is ok???????

Whine all you want autimos but at the end of the day lonix is an irrelevant hobby os since its arrival and windows is simply superior to it with much much better support, better programs etc etc

>says android isnt lonix
>HE TOTALLY MEANT THAT ANDROID IS LONIX THO

Wikipedia, what a great source

Android is not lonix still

>android is not linux still
Now you're just shitposting.

Are you unable to read, dumb winbabby?

#Rekt
w/ no respekt

Wincucks confirmed for low IQ

Windows 10 is an app store not an operating system

>third quote is posted for the wrong reason
>implying I'm samefagging

the anniversary update is pretty neato.

you do have the anniversary update, right?

>anniversary update
lol more (double) the ads
full screen ads
can't disable telemetry

Nice try. However did what's up with redstone? Did the bloat control panel finally get removed?

>>windows 10 is a piece of crap.
/thread

lonix is shit
/thread

why does microsoft want it so badly?

@56792808
>he comes back to once again try to justify his botnet piece of shit os

loomix is k, but it's no panacea

>I'm too incompetent for fucking Windows
keked

Install gentoo.

@56794119
>he comes back to once again try to justify his freetard piece of shit os

Something happened

My mom gave me her old laptop because I need Windows for schoolwork using Project and Visio. After 4 reinstalls the only way I can get Windows 10 to work consistently is
>disable updates
>disable fast boot
>have AC plugged in during boot
The last one I think is just a quirk of the laptop, but the first two really fucked my head up. From what I read online, the Anniversary Update bricked multiple PCs. 10/10 QC Microsoft.

>Broken piece of shit
>lol u incompetent
0/10

I've removed gwx from a couple of machines that had the misfortune of having windows 7 loaded on the metal and I never saw any such popup. There was an action I took to 'claim ownership' of a folder but that was easily done and GWX.exe was deleted with ease never to return with windows 10 nagging etc.

Windows 10 was running great until anniversary update. Now it feels off.

anyone else getting this?

Works on my machine. Haven't had any issues with Windows 10 at all and I was an early adopter.

I'm a proud user of Windows 7 since the day it's come out, been using it since, just today I upgraded to Windows 10, after a few hours dinking around, testing some games/benchmarks, I decided it wasn't for me and I went back to Windows 7. Windows 10 broke my computer guys. After having the first installation of Windows 7 via OEM disk freeze (which has NEVER happened to me before with any Windows OS Installation), I tried it again and it worked, however, I had to manually download my internet driver via USB, Windows Update is literally broken, I've tried multiple hot fixes from MS, all to no avail. Windows Update just hangs on "Checking for updates.." and maybe after a good 3 hours it will say it failed. Running a MS hotfix diagnosis says the "server registration is missing or corrupt" - however both services are running and functioning OK....so yeah.

Also, it seems impossible to install graphics drivers, I will also blame this upon Windows 10 as I had subtle yet noticeable problems with Windows 10. My graphics card should say AMD Radeon HD 7770 in Dxdiag, instead there's "AMD AtomBios" which I've never seen before in my life. I've tried multiple AMD installs and drivers, all to no avail, some say install failed, some say it finished yet no drivers appear to be installed any where.

Windows 10 broke my computer. Any help is greatly appreciated...I'd hate to have to re-install AGAIN and hope it installs 100% correctly...

Thank you.

Specs:

Windows 7 home prem 64bit SP1
8gb ram
AMD Radeon HD 7770
Gigabyte 990fx-ud3 extreme mobo

>copying tech support shit straight out of tom's hardware
Why would you do this?

Not really