What went wrong?

What went wrong?

>come out with two (2) pieces of software that do the job of one (1) preexisting program separately
>pay off youtube shills to praise the fuck out of it
>watch as confused people download all of these applications so they don't miss out on anything
>literally wrestle their data away from them and kill their batteries because this is the current year and it's acceptable to fuck over consumers cause you're the rich ones, but still somehow people believe there's even a tiny chance that they'll make it big sooner or later

They just have to clean up their act and condense it all into Allo and Duo like iMessage and FaceTime. If they can also get these two to replace the desktop system, it will be perfect. First they have to kill off Hangouts and Messages.

That's exactly what hangouts was.

But now it's all fragmented. You have Allo, Duo, Messenger, Hangouts, and people that refuse to switch from GTalk. Not to mention whatever the fuck Google Voice and Hangouts Dialer do in all of this. Yes, Hangouts did everything, text, SMS, video/audio calls, desktop and mobile.

what went wrong?
THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKING MESSAGING APPS
- ALLO & DUO
- HANGOUTS
- LINE
- TELEGRAM
- VIBER
- WHATSAPP
- FB MESSENGER

I SWEAR TO GOD

Too little, too late

No custom smileys/emoticons
No drawing canvas for quick sketches
No voice messages
No offline mode

*splurges inside you*

This

whatsapp for modern people i know
old sms (imessage) for people i know who don't use whatsapp
telegram is for random autists
anything else is useless
no problem

holy kek is that real?

Can you tell it to deliver new anime tiddies every day?

Just tried it, can confirm it works.

Why not. Seems possible.

brb installing Allo

Ayyy boii

>google assistant isn't just a bot you can add as a contact into any messaging service
>bots
>smart replies aren't baked in at a system level for everything

allo has very little reason to exist.
if hangouts wasn't such a piece of shit it could have capitalised on the fact that it's baked into gmail and already has millions of users

>"What went wrong?"
>"I never asked for this"
>said everyone ever, except for out-of-touch Google PMs

>Messages
That's an SMS application, retard.

user's saying they should consolidate everything into one app and have SMS fallback like iMessage.
Retard.

You mean
Like hangouts?

Hangouts doesn't even do that anymore. They removed that feature with an update.

What? I stopped using hangouts long ago but this is just pantsu on head retarded. It hurts me knowing that jewgle shills will eat it up and mkbhd and the like will praise it no matter what. Fuck the tech journalism meme.

Just use email, jabber and sms.

literally solves all problems forever.

Discord > telegram >>>>> powergap>>>> whatsapp >>> skype >>>>>>powergap > viber > imessage > facebook messenger

Hangouts was always a mess. Hardly anyone uses it anyway so it doesn't really matter what they do with it.

Hangouts was pretty tight desu. The worst thing about it was the incessant application size increases and the retarded design changes. Functionally though, it was pretty good.

Also only muricans use SMS nowadays. SMS fallback is kinda useless everywhere else

Exactly!

Why can't we all use Whatsapp? It's free as in free beer, no ads, and has end-to-end encryption. You can send files and shit through it, what more do you want?

It had a lot of bugs and was laggy in the past. Lacked basic features like sending videos (apparently the iOS version got it way before the android version did). Doesn't have e2e encryption. Uses your email instead of your number for identification. Even if they fixed all the bugs and added all the features, it would still have a bad reputation. Which is probably why they started working on allo and duo, to get a fresh start. But the problem with that is that they are just creating more fragmentation and redundancy.

>facebook

All my friends and my immediate family use it, and I'm pretty normie. I wonder if it's a regional thing, since it seems fairly popular in NYC. Even my iPhone friends use it.

> saves all of your messages
> no secure transfer

After what snowden said about it im not touching it

Can someone redpill me on Whatsapp now?

it is
the same with wechat, whatsapp and facebook messenger that are the norm on different places.
in the end you use whatever the most people is using, not the best, not what you like.
It's really annoying.

>most used messaging app
>uses a strong e2e encryption protocol
>owned by facebook and shares conversation metadata like who you talk to and how often with facebook

don't forget that probably has that mirrored against the fucktards that put their phone numbers on facebook and then rechecked again against their friends list, so they know exactly who you are talking too and what they do and where they are.
That's only with metadata.

>closed source
>made by google

WELP

One would think that people who care about their privacy don't use Facebook

G chat
Google talk
Hangouts
Google+
Duo
Allo

wtf are they even doing?

lol, way too fucking late

goog is turning into MS

>whatsapp for zuckerberg shills

ftfy>>

It doesn't matter whether or not you use facebook. It can still collect data about you from whatsapp