/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy C9 appears on Geekbench with Snapdragon 652 SoC, 6GB RAM
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c9_with_snapdragon_652_soc_and_6gb_ram_spotted_on_geekbench-news-20701.php

Xiaomi Mi 5S images leak ahead of unveiling; sales begin September 29
gsmarena.com/more_xiaomi_mi_5s_images_leak_sales_begin_september_29-news-20702.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Sony Xperia X Compact is now available for purchase in US for $500
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_compact_is_now_available_for_purchase_in_us-news-20698.php

Sony Xperia XZ Review: In Depth
recombu.com/mobile/article/sony-xperia-xz-review

Google Pixel shows up in new renders
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_shows_up_in_new_renders-news-20705.php

LG V20 review
gsmarena.com/lg_v20-review-1498.php

HONOR 8 VS GALAXY S7: A TIGHT RACE
androidpit.com/honor-8-vs-samsung-galaxy-s7

old

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miui.com/thread-298586-1-1.html
amazon.com/dp/B01LZHFSBC/
aliexpress.com/item/Baile-Fiery-Dragon-Flexible-Dildo-Vibrator-Bendable-Tickler-Vibe-G-Spot-Stimulator-Adult-Sex-Products-Sex/32668780028.html
cyanogenmods.org/forums/forum/xiaomi/xiaomi-redmi-3-ido/
youtube.com/watch?v=fdKmwJK6_cA
youtube.com/watch?v=xbn7TQW1dk4
youtube.com/watch?v=frzh-l4hceo
youtube.com/watch?v=bfdbmIgYPz8
businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-7-plus-galaxy-s7-camera-comparison-2016-9
borderlinx.com/CA/en
amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA/
youtube.com/watch?v=XZvrjih38iI
youtube.com/watch?v=TXTNM837OLE
e-ville.com/sv/3148-smarttelefoner/18237-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-55-smarttelefon.html?utm_source=pricerunner&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricerunner
sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9295/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Google Pixel shows up in new renders

Looks much sexier than the previous leaks

my mother needs a smartphone
nothing fancy but it needs to be able to run internet/a proper app store
budget 150€
what do you recommend

LGV20 release date fucking WHEN

Also for euro buyers, do we import from Korea or US? What bands work etc if anyone has experience?

I don't want to wait a few months. Plus the Bang & Olufsen earphones look sexy

PIXEL WHEN

For the UK Taiwan versions work good.

Purchase advice needed.

Carrier: Telstra
Budget: $200 AUD or less
Features needed: 4G, SD Card slot, size is unimportant

Basically just need a cheap but competent phone that will be used primarily for phone calls, texting and Facebook messenger. No games, videos will be used.

Leaning towards the ZTE Blade V6 or the Kogan Agora 6, but if there's a better option you know of please let me know.

Phone only needs to last 2 to 3 weeks while my actual phone is getting repaired.

Not sure if this was more suited to the stupid questions thread, so I posted it there as well.

Should I buy a OnePlus 3 now or wait for Pixel?

Wait.

Announced the 4th, released the 20th.

I dunno if the 20th is us or international release.

I hope it's the international cause i'm a filthy frog

Came here to post this exact question word for word.

Yeah me too, fellow baguette.
Fuck 20th is a long time, I thought 4th was the release date.

Can I install CyanogenMod on Redmi 3S?

Redmi 3S

I'd say wait and see.

Yes, with some bugs. front camera not working etc.
en.miui.com/thread-298586-1-1.html

amazon.com/dp/B01LZHFSBC/

I don't see a lot of talk about the Moto Z phones, but I'm on the verge of buying one, but can't decide if i should get the Play or Force. Both seem really good, but each has pros and cons different from one another. For example: The Play has a headphone jack, it's water resistant, better battery life, etc. The Force is shatter-proof, faster, better res, etc. Beyond that, I just want a phone that will last. I have had my moto X since launch and it's been near perfect until a few months ago. But it's so fucking indestructible I've almost never put any form of protection on it and have dropped it from numerous heights, mostly onto tile or cement. Any of the Moto Z's don't seem as durable but each has it's own unique shit i love.

I just want a phone that has expandable storage, can take a hit without me worrying, that i can get through verizon, good battery life, and be relatively quick (i don't game on my phone at all so i don't care too much about it).

Is it worth waiting for Samsung to sort their shit out with the Note 7 or should I just buy the S7 Edge?

If you want a quick fake tan then get the note

It's worth not to buy a Samsung

In the exact same situation. The main thing keeping me is the lack of monthly security patcheson the OP3. So I guess the wait should be worth it.

I'm happy with my S7. It's a shame you can't share this happiness. Make a decision, for happiness.

Wait no longer.

I just installed CM13 on the M3P, apparently this locks the bootloader.
Does this mean I can't install SuperSU, or do I just have to flash SuperSU again?

How'd you apply the update manually?

I ordered that Redmi 3 "High Version" as they referred to it, is that the 3S model? If so, I'd be ok with no front cam & fingerprint as long as I have CM.

>6gb ram

Fucking hell. Does the preinstalled OS manage all that properly?

It's irrelevant, the Redmi Note 3 Pro also had fingerprint and front camera issues and they were all fixed, so it's a matter of waiting.

At first it didn't, it only used 3GB of RAM to ''save battery'', people cried, but now it does.

How do I optimise touchjiz for 1gb ram? I've been looking at tons of guides to make changes to dalvik VM and whatnot but the changes never come with explanations or for what kind of device it's for.

Exactly. I'm patient enough for that.

Try searching your phone in XDA and see if you can install a new ROM, or if there's guides to unbloat the phone.

Also, start considering getting a new one, even if it's just a chinkphone, there's already phones with 3GB of RAM for less than $200.

>It's irrelevant, the Redmi Note 3 Pro also had fingerprint and front camera issues and they were all fixed, so it's a matter of waiting.
If I recall correctly it's because some models have different hardware for front cam, fingerprint sensor and touchscreen.

>At first it didn't, it only used 3GB of RAM to ''save battery'', people cried, but now it does.

kek what the fuck. I bet using full 6gb ram is nice though. I only have 1gb so two tabs in chrome and it starts unloading shit left right and centre.

Redmi 3 high version is the Redmi 3 Pro.

Development is dead for this model. No cm either, just predicted stock roms. It's only a galaxy core prime.

I'm waiting for my RN3P but I'm just tinkering with this now to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of it. It's not actually that bad after a heavy debloat. Battery still sucks balls though, under 2 hours SoT.

>predicted
Prerooted

Anyone has one of these? are those good?

Bump for this

To add to that. I've found several applications that tweak dalvik VM for me but most of them just have presets called light, medium, aggressive etc. Just not sure if that's referring to unloading applications in the background or freeing up ram.

Ie aggressive unloading or aggressively keeping apps in memory.

>2k16
>supersu
just stick to the CMroot

Can I install that with the locked bootloader?

First smartphone here, Is this battery doing well? (2100 mAh)

>mediatek

Trash

it comes with CM13
just get to developer settings and turn it on

Forgot picture

Oh yeah, just like in the previous CM versions then, thank you.

>80$
gee i wonder why

I didn't, it was OTA.

Why don't they paint those bezels white at least.
The black ones on any color but black look disgusting.

Screen on time?

>49%
>7 hours left
Sure, but 2100 mAh isn't that much, so if you start using the browser very often it'll drop fast.

There's better things out there for 80 burgermonies

like?

Wow, that's impressive. And they do this every month or quarterly like Motorola?

a week with your mom lmao

So which phone on the market right now has the best camera, and decent battery life? I have heard good things about the iPhone's camera, but is it really that good compared to Android phones?

aliexpress.com/item/Baile-Fiery-Dragon-Flexible-Dildo-Vibrator-Bendable-Tickler-Vibe-G-Spot-Stimulator-Adult-Sex-Products-Sex/32668780028.html

>falling for the quad core meme instead of quad dildo

Fucking plebs

No, that's Redmi 3 Pro. it has official CM13 release.

cyanogenmods.org/forums/forum/xiaomi/xiaomi-redmi-3-ido/

It's fine. search the archives. some user bought it and did a mini review few weeks ago.

Is the Asus Zenfone 3 5.2" an okay phone? I'm hesitant to drop the dosh on a chinkphone in the event that it gets fucked

Yeah, seems really fine, go for it.

Is HTC 10 even worth it or should I get a Note 4 or OnePlus 3.

Will Pixel readjust its price - currently sells at £469.

Dude, it's Snapdragon 820 vs 805.
It's literally comparing the Nexus 6 with the Google Pixel.

Specs wise HTC 10 wins. QC3 is a bonus too.

>Have one of these laying around
>Try to run it
>it starts to spam blue lines fast moving on the screen
>Phone gets hot where the motherboard part of phone is
>it makes loud pitched noise
>force reboot doesnt work
HELP

reposting my Fi review incase anyone was considering it

Been using Google Fi for a bit more than a week now, here are my thoughts:
- Cell service is pretty meh. If you have a reliable WiFi connection you should be fine. But relying on Sprint and TMobile isn't ideal for even suburban areas like where I live, and I've even heard of dropped 911 calls.
- Customer support is FANTASTIC. No wait time, and the reps even try to make conversation sometimes. They're really friendly and issues get resolved really fast usually. I've only interacted with CS twice buy it's been amazing both times. Alexandra K or Aaron P - if you're reading this, you deserve a raise.
- $10/GB is pretty insane, so if you're a heavy wireless data user, Fi might not be for you.

You tried to ruin it, and you succeeded. What's the problem?

Fucking hell that looks fucking disgusting.

Maybe the battery fucked up and fried everything.

4:3 aspect ratio

>tablets are starting to be 4:3

It's fucking unbearable

Sounds like you fucked up the turbo ram injectors. Well done.

>I've even heard of dropped 911 calls
That shouldn't happen. 911 calls use the nearest tower regardless of your carrier

Thanks.

I really want to get a high-end Android, but TouchWizz is one level of cancer below iOS 7. What other non-Samsung options are there?

>if you're a heavy wireless data user, Fi might not be for you
Agreed

Haha holy shit that's some top tier cuckery

OPPO, Motorola maybe Asus

>125gb
yo what the fuck

Touchwiz used to be cancer, but they overhauled it and now it's only as bad as any other manufacturer skin. You shouldn't make purchasing decisions based on old memes, especially when ROMs exist

>You shouldn't make purchasing decisions based on old memes, especially when ROMs exist

So does KNOX counter or whatever it's called.

>moved house, no internet for ~3 weeks
>with Three UK, unlimited data and 4gb tethering
>In CM the tethering function somehow doesn't eat into my allowance like with touchjiz
>tether to desktop, gfs laptop, two tablets and one console, torrents too
>over 800gb
>???
>profit

Opinions about the Samsumg S5?

Who gives a shit about KNOX? If you need an unvoided warranty buy an iPhone and never touch it

Knox doesn't interfere if you don't want to use it

>Touchwiz used to be cancer
>used to be

>le lagwizz maymay

youtube.com/watch?v=fdKmwJK6_cA

Xiaomeme BTFO.

Yeah, kinda pisses me off as I got tired of waiting for a FP Fix, so I manually replaced my FP sensor with the older one. A week later, a fix was released. Oh well, at least it works for me now.

>buy Note 7
>root it
>battery explodes through no fault of your own but they won't exchange it due to voided warranty

>buy iPhone 7
>jailbroken phone makes hissing noise through no fault of your own
>have to interact with 'Apple geniuses' only to realise they don't give a shit without your AppleCare

>buy HTC
>accidentally drop your rooted phone from the 5th floor where it shatters and bounces into a swimming pool
>they still exchange it for a new device

Not to shill, but some companies respect your purchase more than others.

>investing your money in an android spin-off
>finally getting that system update that nexus users got last year
>letting a fridge company reskin your UI

both touchjizz and miui are shit
t. true stock android master race

>$700 vs $200

Truly BTFO

Also try that test in 6 months.

Then again the Redmi probably won't charge by then

>new stuff is faster than old stuff

At last I see

kill yourself, 4:3 is god tier for tablets

>implying they'll bother/be able to check for root after the battery self combusts

I highly fucking doubt it but yes Samsung a shit when it comes to warranty and 0x1 flag.

youtube.com/watch?v=xbn7TQW1dk4

youtube.com/watch?v=frzh-l4hceo

Even slow&laggy Touchjizz literally OBLITERATES MiUI.

Any good non-chinkphone 5.5 smartphone to 200$? my HTC HD2 died

Moto G4 Plus.

>None of the phones have even remotely similar hardware

You're a fucking retard and the worst thing is you think you're smart and probably get angry when your parents don't listen to your shitty half-witted attempt at giving advice on tech purchases.

You're worse than pajeet level.

Mi5 SD820 4GB RAM
S7 SD820 4GB RAM

Literally hang yourself you cocksucking cumstain.

>dat pajeet voice

Going to get the HTC10 or the iPhone 7 am I a cuck?

old shitty skin vs new shitty skin
results really amazed me

>video description
>Samsung EXYNOS variant

Even IF you weren't a complete retard and both or these actually ran the SD820 you'd notice that they're not running the same clock speed.
Samsung
>Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
Xiaomi
Quad-core (2x1.8 GHz Kryo & 2x1.36 GHz Kryo) - Standard edition
Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) - Prime & Pro edition

It doesn't even specify which version of the Mi5 it is.

>muh underclocked MHz!
Xiaomi Mi5 PRIME vs Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Speed Test Comparison Review!

youtube.com/watch?v=bfdbmIgYPz8

Chinese manlets BTFO! bow to your Korean Masters, Xian Liang!

Except the description of the Mi5 points to a 'full review' which links to the 32gb model which only has 3gb ram and lower clocked CPU.

Kill yourself.

best current non-chink phone compact phone?

Prime has less ram, not really an honest comparison but I'm sure you knew that.

Not him but that still kinda proves that the "no matter how good the hardware is touchwizz will lag and crawl" meme. it was true with the Galaxies until S5. with S6 and S7 it's much better. it's still quite ugly though.

Sony X Compact.

Anyone here have a OnePlus 3? Didn't even know that this phone existed until it was mentioned in an iphone 7 review. 6 GB of RAM.

Can anyone help me on this?

>Hears this
>Buys S7

Lags and runs hot

Yeah thanks a lot guys.

You already know the answer

S7 still has a better camera than iPhone 7.

See for yourself:
businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-7-plus-galaxy-s7-camera-comparison-2016-9

guys, need help here.
i need to access app save files, such as games.
and i think i rooted my phone.
no extra folders appeared upon accessing the data through a computer. nor do they appear in the file manager that came with the phone.
should i be instaling a seperate file manager?

>I think I rooted my phone

You haven't then.

If you have the HTC10 is not a bad might as well wait for v20 tho famalam

iPhone SE and Z5/X Compact are only legit choices

What's the best way to go from Marshmallow back to Lollipop or KitKat on my Note 4?

the problem is, anything that isn't king root has broken links, which is why i'm saying so.
i tried root checker and it says it is. but i have no idea whether it actually is or not because no extra files show up through computer access
it's an LG Optimus L9 p768

So which phone has the best camera that is better than the S7? Heck I thought my Note 4 took pretty good pictures, but then it died.

Are you retarded? the S7 is the best cameraphone on the market.

Which $250-300 smartphone has the best camera for video recording? I'm on T-mobile.

I'm considering buying a Nexus 5X now.
Good idea? Bad idea? Wait for the pixels to be announced fgt?

why would you expect different folders to show up just because you've installed a su binary?

I heard they might rerelease the 6p with a SD820 and OIS

5.2" is the largest screen size I'm considering, so that's not really an issue.
And I heard the drop in price probably won't be significant.

N5X.

Considering the N5X is already $250 through Google I think you should only wait for the Pixel announcement in order to make a more educated decision. It isn't going to go down in price, and the Pixel will probably cost twice as much. But it's only a week wait.

Do you guys know how possible/impossible it would be to get your own distro on an android phone?

Or a full version of android on a blackberry?

I want a physical keyboard but I don't want to suffer BBOS

Don't fucking tell me that

smffh

Anyone know of a case that would let me add phone charms to my LG G4?

>Unable to previous action due to low memory

I gotta replace this stupid Nexus 5, dunno what to get.

have 400-500 usd

Oneplus 3 or nexus 6p? or maybe iPhone SE...

Blu X2 if you don't mind 5.2

desu just wait for the Pixel/Pixel Plus. Comes out in like a week or something

is it possible to get my 2 yr contract upgrade a month early?

But Pixels will cost 650+ usd I think :(

One Plus 3 idiot, it has the Snapdragon 820, vs the S810 oven of the 6P.

Nexus 6P:
Better camera
Updates

Nexus 6P.

>Better camera
Okay.

>Updates
You have the entire community working on Cyanogen, man, even more in the Oneplus phones.

So the Blu X2 isn't available in Canada. Does anyone know of a good forwarding service that doesn't jew people?

in what world can you be undecided over a 6" android phone or a 4" apple phone? how about ignore all the trends and spec details and decide what it is you want out of your phone

And don't forget, an announcement next Tuesday doesn't necessarily mean you will have one in your hands by Halloween.

How do you giants use 5.5inch phones one-handed? My thumb won't be able to reach the other side of the keyboard. My sister uses hers two-handed, but I will never understand why you want a phone requiring two hands.

Should the big phone meme die already?

borderlinx.com/CA/en

m8 I'm short and I can use my RN3P just fine.

By not being a filthy subhuman manlet, of course.

It requires some trickay balancing on the tips of your other fingers under the phone. Still not great. Two handed typing is a big upside, along with actually being able to read on it for extended periods (>5 minutes). That being said I'm excited for my one-handed iPhone SE in the mail.

WHO HTC10 HERE

Best phone I've ever used holy fuck, only complaints are lack of waterproofing and easy sd card usage like my previous Xperia

I'd like to try a redmeme just to see if I can handle 5.5inches, I personally find 5.2 fucking perfect

showoff teenagers confirmed
probably also have a hueg g-shock or rolexy watch

what's the better honor 5x or p9 lite?

No, because watches are for gays, homosexuals and faggots alike.

thanks m8, I'll check it out. have a meme on me

P9 Lite, by far.
Are you sure you don't mean the P8 Lite?

The first Sony Smartband had a function where it started to vibrate if it got far from the phone, do other bands like this have that function?

I came from an S5 and now the S5 seems like toy sized

>projecting
Small watch which belonged to my father, nice try though.

and better screen

Fictional world:
>take Nexus 5x
>replace SD808 with SD820
>bump up to 3GB RAM
>round out phone to remove camera bump
>use extra space to house 3000mah battery
>Qi charging
>$349

Real-world:
>take Nexus 5x
>replace SD808 with SD820
>add thicker bezels
>increase battery by 70mah
>make phone out of glass so it breaks instantly when dropped
>"Fuck your $100 worth of wireless chargers we tricked you into buying for the N5"
>$649

Anyone have the xperia XZ?
How is it?
Any overheating issues?

I am 75 percent sure that there is going to be an euro version, but they might not sell it officially in the UK.

"As you may recall, the V10 did eventually see a limited release in select European countries. So the same delayed launch might also hold true for the V20."

Just wait until 3 years from now when OEMs are finally adding 3500+mAh batteries to their phones, only to gimp out on something else instead

Any OnePlus X users wanna share experiences? Thinking of pulling da trigger on it

why this over moto g4 or moto g4 plus

Size.

ok smartphone users of Cred Forums, I figure this is the best place to ask without making a whole thread dedicated to the topic, although it may warrant one, we'll see.

Anyway, what is Cred Forums's opinion on mobile payment methods such as Android Pay or Apple Pay? I personally use Samsung Pay and love it. It works almost anywhere with a card reader and it's supposed to be one of the more secure ways of paying with a credit card. However, I have a feeling Cred Forums will shout BOTNET like usual. I dunno it seems super convenient to me and if it's more secure, awesome. Do you guys know of any potential down sides? I would think maybe someone with an NFC reader or something could just grab the details off of your device, but then again it is supposed to be using a different card number than your real one, so idk. What does Cred Forums think, I'm genuinely curious?

I've never found it be more convenient

I never feel comfortable leaving my wallet at home when I could just throw a thin and light credit card and ID in my pocket and know that I can pay at 100% of businesses as opposed to the 3% of places that are compatible with android pay

For now, I think it's just a gimmick.
Don't see the appeal of pulling out your phone instead of your card.

don't it's dead.

Really struggling on which phone to pick

Choices are OnePlus 3, HTC 10, ZTE Axon 7, and the Honor 8

I was going to go with OP3 but I've read that apparently there are some cases of it not working with my network (3UK)

but the video stabilisation also puts me off, I'd just prefer a phone with a decent camera, sound and storage for a decent price that doesn't have shit software and good cell service

I still bring my wallet for places that you have to hand the card to someone instead of using a pin pad. But if I have the pad in front of me it's just easier whipping out my phone instead of shfulling through my wallet for my card.

It's quicker for me to just pull my phone out. Plus I like the idea of a different credit card number being used for the transaction instead of your actual one. Especially with all these places like Target and Home Depot apparently having shit tier cyber security.

>2020
>3500 mah battery phones
>whole phone is made of glass (breaks spontaneously after the 2 year contract ends)
>battery life is still shit because botnet and snapdragon 920 plus 16 gigs of ram
>"we have not included a camera because our users didn't use it"

What u mean? Yours is dead?

So, I decided to give Dashchan a shot, because it looked much nicer than overchan. But every time I try to post, it fucks with my keyboard and/or touch recognition, so that I can't write a post with a shit ton of typos and bullshittery.
What do Cred Forums?

Just bought Huawei P9 lite.
worst experience with a smartphone ever. it comes with tons of useless apps, some of which you can't uninstall. if you use the default launcher, there is no 'apps button', all of your apps are just trashed all over the home screen and you can't move them else where.
there is random lag everywhere, especially when you 'close all apps', the animation lags every time. settings are hard to navigate and you have to use two sub-menus to toggle mobile data.

the battery time is good, i like that it has expandable storage and the camera is great, but it fucking lags and struggles to focus when using snapchat camera.

Would not recomment chink phones, I just use my 2 year old Nexus 5 instead.

ah, it's the "let's convert our images to .webms so we save bandwidth meme".
The one good thing about this is that it shows iOS' inability to display videos encoded with vp8 and vp9.

>The one good thing about this is that it shows iOS' inability to display videos encoded with vp8 and vp9.
So I take it you couldn't open the webm huh itoddler?

>iphones can't open webms
That's actually a pretty good deterrent mate.

What's a good phone that has

decent memory
excellent camera

must have

removable battery
SD card slot

LG V10

ok Cred Forums, I'm going to be getting a new phone in about 3 months. I'm coming from a Droid Turbo which I love. I don't want a phone that's a downgrade in any fashion.

>Blackberry Passport
seems to be the objectively best phone for communication and web. My only questions are
>is BB OS a real shock coming from android?
>will I be OK with outdated android runtime on BB OS for my android apps?
>is the camera really shit?
>do android music players work well with it?
>will I really miss one handed use even if i never type like that?

or

>Mi 5s
seems to be one of the best phones available, let alone for it's price
questions are
>is miiui really that shit?
>why is there only CM support for the mi4 and older xiaomi phones? do they lock their bootloaders?
>how long does xiaomi support their devices with software updates?
>will i regret buying yet another phone without a physical keyboard?

V20* whoops

cm support (official) is incoming for the mi 5. Will take a few more weeks I guess since xiaomi released the kernel sources like 2 weeks ago.

I wanna adblock on android. What do I use?

They'll be 4500mAh but produced the same way as Note7 batteries

just install ublock origin in firefox

Root+AdAway
Or use Firefox with add-ons

Would you recommend the G5 as well?

>missed the £359 iPhone SE with free headphones for students sold at £169 at Apple. Now it's £379 just for the phone.

>missed the £469 HTC 10 offer that ended on yesterday, now it's £569

HOW MANY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN WHILE I WAIT TO SEE THE FUCKING PIXEL XL BEFORE I MAKE MY DECISION?

What does historically happen to smartphones on Black Fridays?

they explode

Install clover you cuck.

EMUI is shit and everyone know it. it lags on their flagships as well. it would take you 2 mins of googling to find that out and not buy that POS.

Buy LG ONLY if you enjoy bootloops.

I said smartphones, not Samsung phones.

Kek.

>clover for krautchan and alt-right meme chan
no

What is the purpose of the Pixel having that darker black area on the back?

Where did you hear that it doesnt work with 3UK, because I was planning on getting the OP3 with 3UK

Is $80 for a Galaxy Note 3 with a small crack and some wear and tear a good deal? A coworker is trying to sell theirs, and I don't know if I should take them up on it. I'm currently using some shitty $30 gophone.

Guys i need some advice.

I have the HTC One X and it is absolutely fucking garbage. No updates since forever and i can't play Pokemon Go.

Now i want to get a new smartphone and there are a few things that i really need.
>I want to be able to change the battery
>Pokemon Go with all the GPS shit has to work as flawless as possible
>if possible no pre-installed bullshit apps that can't be deleted
>good enough quality
>1080p display
>shouldn't cost more than 250€ / 280$

Does anyone know a good smartphone that fits my needs?

What is the best phone to buy if you really want good audio quality?

HTC 10, right?

No. the phone is ancient. get that $60 Blu phone o Amaozn, it's miles better.

see

Blu R1, or Blue X2 which is stronger
Moto G4 if you want very barebones android, but has no compass and only GPS
Honor 5x is another option

Few with removable batteries these days

The dash m2? The amazon page says it isn't copmpatible with 4g though

What? no.
this:
amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA/

I just got an HTC 10, and it's pretty great, even despite its nonstandard UI, but it has some bloatware. I've rooted, but how should I go about removing the bloatware? Never had an Android device I needed to remove stuff on and couldn't before

I already thought about getting the Moto G4, but not being able to change the battery is an absolute dealbreaker for me.

Is the Samsung Galaxy J3 any good?

Or v20 not sure.

Either simply install Cyanogen for it, or you can search one of the many tools there are to remove those kind of apps, these requiere root, so be sure to give them permission.

Axon 7.

to justify a $300 price increase

You can use that package disabler program or another root program like Superuser I believe to permanently remove .apks.

Speaking of the HTC, I feel like the standby power usage is way too high. I got one a week ago and the usage overnight is like 4%, even more than my last phone which had a worse battery in real-world performance.

>Is the Samsung Galaxy J3 any good?
Not really.

>even considering a non-high end Samsung phone
Not a chance, if you can't afford more than $300 phones, go for chinkphones, or the current year's Motorola phone.

There's no CM build for HTC yet mate

i feel for the xposed meme
what are some good modules for lolipop?

Will the 5x ever drop to $199?

Moto G4 Plus or Nexus 6?

Nexus 6 by far.

>if you can't afford more than $300 phones, go for chinkphones, or the current year's Motorola phone.
this should be a banner

nexus 6p

>6"
into the trash it goes.

>manlets
Natural evolution will erase you from existence.

How about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

>t. 300lbs oversized americuck ogre
Natural evolution will erase you from existence.

>using phones below 5"
you disgust me

Eh, there are early alpha builds, but I'll hold off for a stable release. Plus there are some audio things that I don't wanna remove until I try em out.
What package disabler program?

It's pretty much the go-to choice for $300 and under phones.

Just be sure to get the 3GB RAM and 32GB version, I bought the 16GB and I had to install Cyanogen to move apps to the SD since 10GB was fucking awful.

I got my chinkphone and it has an problem with multitouch.
Something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=XZvrjih38iI
is this hardware-related problem?

t. /fit/

It's a rumor, why is everyone already accepting this as gospel when the thing hasn't even technically been revealed yet?

If you're willing to be a couple generations back to save even more money, why haven't you just bought a Nexus 5 yet? What makes you think there's going to be some magic moment when you get a noncurrent phone for some arbitrary price you think makes it worth it?

Of course the 5X will drop to $200 someday. Just get one for $250 today.

>I got my chinkphone
Are we supposed to guess which one?

oh, right.
i decided to get it

I bet it only has 2 multitouch points. most cheap chinks do.

youtube.com/watch?v=TXTNM837OLE

as far as i know it has 5 multitouch points

the point of the problem is - when i use more than one fingers the touchscreen losts its shit and doesn't see one of them

because the n5 has crippling battery life and the 5x has actually increased in price since 5 months ago

Well, guess you got chink'd then. that's what happens with those cheap as fuck chink toys.

if that's the case, i can't think of anything i need 3 fingers for
someone refresh my memory im seriously blank

Any poorfags with experience getting Safelink (obama phone) on a smartphone? How many phones are compatible?
I have to replace my 10$ phone that they initially provided due to water damage and I'd like to upgrade to something that can somewhat comfortably browse the internet at wifi spots.

well... guess i'll flash stock rom and send it to warranty - good think i bought it via store in my country

>how long does xiaomi support their devices with software updates?
The latest update still supported the mi3 from 2013

if zooming is an issue with this, most apps lets you doubletab and then scroll with finger to zoom, or just double tap

I use my phone as a main music player... (Which involves a lot of in n out of pocket action)

So the bigger the more uncomfortable it gets

Im the vidya on phone kind of faggot.

communism

PL, 4s cause small & all apps still work
and S6 cause android & big screen for internets
but 4s didn't get update so SE or 7?

Smartwatches, nigga. Playback and volume controls on your wrist at all times. It's good shit.

General thoughts on the Blackberry Priv, /spg/? I can get one for free on contract. Seems decent enough, but nobody here ever mentions it.

>Smartwatches

Kys urself my dude

>Which involves a lot of in n out of pocket action
This made me chuckle. :)

To be clear, it would be babby's first smartphone.
I guess what I'm asking is can I Cred Forums my way to something better than pic related.

>autism

whatsapp keeps duplicating my contacts, how do I fix this

can I just delete?

enjoy your cuckloop

Anyone else have a Huawei Honor 5x that is slow as shit?

What's the best phone new or used in the $200 range? Htc Desire eye? M9? Moto G4?

RN3P.

These are all shit. get a job or kys.

Are there any android emulators for android?

I was thinking of getting free rides with uber by creating multiple accounts and inviting them to each other.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini died today, I think (sending it to be checked tomorrow). So can anyone suggest a new phone? Unfortunately my budget is around 200Euros and I'm in Greece, so I have no idea what I can buy with that since I'm not that good with phones.

Are you able to extend budget to 240€

Axon 7 has best audio quality rn

Yeah what a novel idea, no one has thought of that before

You are missing the point entirely

Well I'll be paying it for a few months, so I think I'll be ok. What do you have to suggest?

So? Just because it has been thought of before doesn't mean it doesn't work

I can buy a one plus 3 for 400€ or a s7 for 500€
Is the s7 a better choice what do you think? I really want a phone which can be rooted etc
Have currently a lg g4

A smartphone that doesn't mimic iPhone design?

If you're okay with chinkphones I'd highly recommend a ZUK Z2. Flagship specs and active custom rom community. I ordered it with tempered screen protector and case for 240€ total.

Mi5/Redmi Note 3 Pro/Moto G4 Plus. pick one.

As this guy said
ZUK Z2, really good, Mi5 has similar specs, see if you can find it cheap.

If you can't go for those two, just get the Redmi Note 3 Pro.

You know why Apple can't do a lawsuit against all to 'iPhone clones'?
[spoiler]Apple stole the design elements themselve.[/spoiler]

Anyone with an s7 (edge) that can tell me if Touchwizz really is that bad and laggy after a while? I'm sick of Apple's shit and am interested in the S8. My other option is the Xperia XZ but it's expensive and the screen isn't quadhd

google "sony jony"
have a laugh

Ive owned the S4 and S5 and the touchjiz lag seems to be a meme nowadays. I used to have all the shitty social applications which are usually the main culprit because theyre bloated and overall shit quality.

I fucking loved my S5 and the SD801 handled it really well so I cant imagine the S6 or S7 struggling at all since I keep seeing people say touchwiz got better after the S5.

In the end if its shit and you hate just fucking install CM.

This a reasonable choice price and phonewise? I use my phone 95% for internet and listening to music\podcasts. I live in Sweden.

e-ville.com/sv/3148-smarttelefoner/18237-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-55-smarttelefon.html?utm_source=pricerunner&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricerunner

if you've never been bothered by the ppi on your apple devices the ppi on the xz won't bother you either cus the pixel density is higher than both apple's phones

touchjizz has gotten significantly better, there's still some questionable design decisions and it's not as close to stock as others

The RM3P is sold for around $200.
If that's more or less the price, yes.

To find a better phone, you have to go to Snapdragon 820 ones.

what I should get oneplus 2 64gb or redmi note 3 pro?

The thing is I've seen and used the s7 edge before in store and from friends and that screen is phenomenal and the system is lightning fast compared to my iPhone 6. But I had the S3 a few years back and absolutely hated it, it was slow, buggy and didn't make any sense. Even with CM it was buggy and unusable to me. I'm kind of scared to switch back to Android after all this time.

Yes that's the current meme phone. when you get it flash the global rom.

So the ZUK Z2 costs around 260 to 290 here and Mi5 is a no in price.

I'm between Moto G4 Plus and Redmi Note 3 Pro

I'm an artist

>I'm kind of scared to switch back to Android after all this time.
What exactly do you have to lose? If you don't like it, you could always return it or sell it and go back to your iPhone.

Redmi Note 3 Pro then.
Fingerprint scanner, bigger battery, better CPU, better build quality.

Don't worry about the updates since you can always install Cyanogenmod easily.
Just be sure to get the 32GB one, since you'll run out of space for apps soon in the 16GB version. (unless you install Cyanogen and you use a MicroSD card as internal storage, which can't be done in MIUI)

If you want to use your phone more than 12~18 months get a HTC 10 or V20. Samsung never had a flawless line up. Compared to other snapdragon 820 phones the s7 does lag a little bit and the hardware usage is insane for daily tasks. just because they feel the urge to cramp as much useless features as possible into android.
Did you check at gearbest?
Well a RN3P is the better choice of the two, but flashing a clean rom is a little bit more struggle.

>never liked CM for some reason
>fast? yeah. clean? yeah. still dont like it
>keep touchjizz on my tablet because multiwindow
>keep miui on my RN3P because it feels comfy as fuck

Should I kys myself?

Ah and you can't flash further updated roms on samshit devices anymore.

ZUK Z2 (black) is 233.59€ on gearbest at the moment.

Well I don't want to be try flashing it or doing anything weird on a phone since I rarely have enough money to get a new device. I use a microSD as my main saving place so I don't have issues with my space.

RN3P has better SoC and battery. G4 Plus has better Camera and stock-ish android.

Then just ensure you get the 32GB version.
The 16GB one has only 10GB of real space.

The soc in the S3 is almost literally 10 times slower than what the S7 has. The S7 is actually powerful enough to handle the bloat.

pls be a good phone pixel
pls be cheap
pls can be cyanogenmod compatable
thank u santa!!

Than a redmeme is the right choice for ya.
(~I have a mp3 player with a msd slut~)

No seriously

>pls be cheap
kekd

They both have mSD slots. you will have to flash the Redmi because 99.9% it will come with chinky vendor rom. G4P is less powerful on benchmarks but on day day use you won't notice much difference in most casual uses.

>you will have to flash the Redmi because 99.9% it will come with chinky vendor rom.

Just buy one that has already been flashed?

The 32GB has around 26GB of Memory then? Still the price is good.

Damn it, I don't want to fall and start making customizations on my phone. I think I may have to start.

You need to find a service available through the government subsidy that will let your plan run through a GSM sim card. They're rare, but they exist. You may need to call around to confirm. These services vary per state.

Depending on what network they use, any non-blacklisted used or new phone from that network and most unlocked phones should work. You'll have to obtain that separately, but you should be able to just pop in your sim card and go.

Should I buy a s7 for 500€ or oneplus 3 for 400€
Which device can be rooted/ better for customization
Currently on rooted lg g4 with locked bootloader

What is the best way to remove scratches from a gorilla glass screen?

Gorilla jizz

Get a new one, wtf is wrong with your brain?

Sandpaper and he blood of virgins

It's either Nexus or iPhone the rest is trash.

iphone

Broke my RN3P screen a few days ago, touch works fine on all sides, but now has dead black pixels on the right side of the phone and weird colors as well. Could still use it to make calls, and whatnot but am pretty much limited on the left side of screen. Is there a way to replace the screen or am I pretty much fucked?

UK? I have a bricked RN3P which fully works except for no charging.

cheapest p.o.s with android kitkat at least or more?

U.S. I really don't want to buy another phone until the holidays, but it's annoying.

Serves you right for not using a case+screen protector. now you have to pay some pajeet to fix it.

I've got a budget for about 200 SEK a month.

I'm looking at a Xperia XA, a Galaxy J5, or a Xperia M4. I think it's probably down to these three, because I've checked every provider, and these are the only ones in my price range. Additionally, the J5 wouldn't cost me as much as my current phone does, but would have a significantly worse deal on data.

The Galaxy J5 has the ability to run Cyanogen, which turns me on to it.

They are all crap. the Xperia XA is the least crap.

Look for a phone secondhand that is is good condition.

how true is this bootloop meme?

I'd like to know this. Was never close to buying LG anyway but keep seeing this here.

I just bought a unlocked S4 active but for some reason I can't update it past 4.4.2. I tried both the onboard updater and smart switch but both say that it's up to date for some reason. Suggestions?

>Sammobile
>Download latest firmware
>Flash with odin
>???
>prophet

Their site has an article about how 5.0.1 is the latest released for the phone but when I use their search I only find up to 4.3

Bump limit
New:

sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9295/

Make sure that's actually your model number

cm12.1

Get the exynos variant. Mine hasnt had any lag or stutter.

A few posts on their forums and on reddit, some people were saying that their sims just refused to work while others say that 4G would just completely stop working and default to H+