ITT: SHOW US YOUR VINTAGE LAPTOPS

My 2010 MacBook Pro Still going strong. This laptop is now 6 years old and still copes with pretty much everything with aplomb. This pleases me. Although the MBP is expensive, it seems built to last.

I had to fix the trackpad a couple of years ago as it was damaged due to seaman ingress, but apart from that it has been faultless.

Buying a cheap Dell/HP machine is a false economy, as they are generally fucked after 2 years.

ITT: show Cred Forums your "old" laptop

>2010
>vintage

I use my 2nd gen TiBook (from 2001) a ton lately. It handles shitposting well and i can probably watch 480p youtube on it if i use youtube-dl

I also have a ThinkPad G40 (2004), and a iBook (2005), but i dont use those much.

that's pretty impressive. what OS are you running on that TiBook?

2005 Compaq Presario V2000, running xp embedded

Tiger. The best OSX.

My dad has that as his main computer with the stock XP install. So many viruses.

This is a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 from 2006 I think. It has a cool convertible tablet screen and still runs pretty good. Battery's dead though.

It has Windows XP professional but I mostly use xubuntu on it.

>Toshiba satellite A300
Bought it in 2008. Still going strong although I had to buy a new HDD and a charger.

Is this a troll thread?
Whatever posting it anyway
2011 T420
Quad core i7 and SSD
Might as well be a new machine

>t420
>quad core i7
TOP KEK. u fucked up boi

Toshiba a500 bought it in 2007 for uni and outlasted 2 of my sisters mbp only thing dead battery but can be replaced easy

>Propagating fud about heat or whatever

It's been running the quad core for 18 months with no issues

>2010 was 22 years ago

where is the glass of water and the vape pen?

Redundant and charging

How's the performance with the quad core compared to the dual core i7? Is it worth the money to do the upgrade?

Depends on your usage really. Made a noticeable difference with Android studio, Photoshop, and illustrator. But if you don't us anything that resource intensive you probably wouldn't experience any real benefit. Like it won't make your t420 a gaming machine etc

OP Here. I see a few machines using a legacy OS in here. These should *not* be included in this thread. Only Machines capable of running a modern, supported OS should be posted. Cheers!

nice rig. is your desk always that tidy?

T400 motherboard died last week.
Looking for a t420 perhaps.

What's the best combo I should be looking for?
I was thinking of, no Nvidia gpu, 1600x900 and perhaps the i5-2540?

Sometimes there is a piece of paper on it, or some dust.

>2016 was 380 years ago

Old ass Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 EN
I'm facing problem with video playback, but game such as Pinball in bangblows xp runs great

And I tried every fucking linux distro and result is same. Even gentoo on custom, very light kernel. I'l try to fuck around with HW, maybe south/north bridge is fucked

I have a T42 from 2005 that's still running just fine and it looks just as outdated as it did back then.
My 3 year old EliteBook is also looking great. Even some cheapo plastic laptops have no problems lasting this long.

>I have a T42 from 2005 that's still running just fine

Thought they all had bad bga solder that would eventually crack and break circuit

I can't believe you consider these vintage. When I get home, Ill post my TRS-80 laptop and my Presario laptop running Windows 95. God I'm old

I'm still using the t60p I received from work fuckloads of years ago, don't use it much anymore considering I only visit work and my home, but it's still working fine and is in good condition, it didn't much appreciate updating to win10 though, because the graphics drivers keep complaining but yolo

is that your dresser from when you were a kid?

do you still live at your mom's house?

did your mom take money out of her bank account to buy you a macbook?

Still have my MBP late 2011 but cant update that bitch for shit. made new Apple Id review my info and CC info and cant get past it to update. Please see assistance at Apple.com/itunes/ww.

>Calpico
I'd call you a weeb but I like it too.

Nah, they are just kids who consider anything pre-2010 'vintage'.

Go back 20 years then we can talk about vintage laptops. Normally I would go way further back than 20 years but laptops are relatively new technology after all...

Idk a friend had a T43 that died, but the T42 I have here still works, probably a matter of luck.

The ethnic grocer by my house stopped carrying pocari sweat :(

>vintage
>2010
Top bait

Can't believe this laptop is almost 13 years old.

Go into any coffee shop and see how many older white macbooks and pre 2010 macbook pros are being used

Most people I see on the train are using a 4s or a 5c iPhone

People buy Apple stuff because it usually lasts way longer than the other options.

>People buy Apple stuff because it usually lasts way longer than the other options.
But that's not true. It lasts longer than cheap generic consumer products but if you go for more professional computers, you can find many good (better) alternatives to the Apple stuff.

>blade runner

Nice Reddit taste

you little shits got nothin' on me

This is bleeding-edge technology from late 90s

32 Mb RAM
1.5 Gb HDD

Is that a globe lamp? Where can I get one?

Amazon...
Mine is the same age as the ppc.