Over clocking thread

So Cred Forums stressed my 6600k all last night and she's sitting pretty at 4.4 GHz and 1.28 vcore (could probably go lower) but for the life of me I cannot stabilize 4.5 GHz. I've only tried as far as 1.38vcore as she starts getting a bit hot there. Are the any settings I may have missed that could give me slightly more stability? And post your over clocks please.

>3770k
>4.3GHz
>1.19 v
its stable, could probably push 4.5GHz but my gpu turns my tower to a sauna so im idling on 35-40C on the cpu

>8350
>5.2GHz
>1.52 V

Best I can do with my roll of the silicon dice. I feel my mobo may be limiting me a bit. It I doubt much more is there to gain without nitrogen or phase change.

Yea I'm pretty sure my mobo is what's preventing me hitting 4.5.

>she
Your CPU is not a ship

>4790k
>4.7 ghz
>1.292 volts

Was hoping to push it to 4.8ghz, but can't seem to get there without going over 1.3 volts.

>5775C
>1.2v
>4.0ghz

it's a really shoddy overclocker

Odd ive got the same volt 1.35 and I'm at 4.5 with the 6600k. What cooler and mobo?

>tfw i got a 6600k a few months ago but have been too much of a pussy to start trying to overclock it

True but she is a piece of tech that I appreciate like a car etc. Hence the 'she'

6600k 4.5 @ 1.285v
I can get it to 4.6 stable, but no luck with 4.7 yet.

Mobo is Asus m-atx plus. Cooler is croyrig r1 universal

This is my first over clock, not as tough as I expected. Some of the guides and stuff make it seem overly complicated.

That makes me feel a bit better, thanks. Do you have something you used? I've looked up a few compilations of what people have hit and it looks like the two in this thread are almost exactly the same, but I wouldn't mind extra peace of mind, you know?

>6600k
>4.8Ghz
>1.35v
i think i can hit 5Ghz if i pushed further. After 4.5Gz the oc didint give me extra frames. Gpu bottlenecking.

Colour me impressed

3570K at 4.3Ghz

Using offset voltage -0.010 with medium LLC. With LLC off I need an offset of +0.045. Idles too high with LLC off though.

Sitting around 1.25v under load.

I would push for 1.35v but im already hitting high 80s with a hyper 212 evo.

My chip is dogshit, but my thermals are even fucking worse.

Do I really need to delid if I want 4.5Ghz?

Advice pls.

>4790k
>4.4 ghz
>1.225 volts

non k user here at almost 4.6 completely stable, only reason I can't go higher is because this motherboard has limited options and no load line calibration

I'm on my phone so I can't get the links right now but just read a few guides until you get a grasp on it. Blue screen is the worst that can happen and if it does just reset to regular settings

>4690k
>4.6 ghz
>1.3 volts

yes daddy

I cannot set my voltage lower than 1.248 on my 6700K, it just won't go lower than that even if I set it to in the BIOS, is it because XMP is enabled?

At the moment I only have 6700K @4.3 1.26V, RAM is 3200MHZ.

How far can one push i7-6700k?

I never overclocked before and most likely I would rather leave it to some software like SmartBoost or EasyTune, but Im just curious.

Thanks.

4.5GHz with 1.315V here

What CPU?

pls respond

my 4690k is at 4.4 ghz at 1.255v

temperatures get to around 77c~ in synthetic stress tests, but never went above 65c in actual real world usage under load. I don't really get it but whatever.

x4 880k - 4.6GHz - 1.28v
gonna try further when I finally go watercooling rather than air

I would try a better cooler before delidding. The meme212 is a great budget cooler but for serious OCing you'll want something beefier.

I would totally get a better cooler, but I'm already 20 degrees above people with the same CPU/cooler/voltage. I don't want to end up with the same scenario minus a few degrees and 100 dollars.

3570k here. It does 4.7 ghz on water, everything stable, runs p95 for hours without problems.
Only thing is gta 5 crashes within seconds so I set it to 4.6 ghz

Have you tried reapplying thermal compound? 20 degrees is a huge difference and not just related to the IHS compound

>2600 non K
>4.1GHz
>stock voltage

Pretty fine with that

>6800k
>4.0 Ghz
>1.25v
And
>4790k
>4.5ghz
>1.136v

>i7-6700k
>4.6ghz
>1.32v
meh. Stock 4ghz is more than enough for the next decade.

6 core CPUs will be the norm in a couple of years.

I was on a c2d E4400 from ~07 until some months ago. Besides, I can squeeze another 10-20% with overclocking. That's good enough to be on par with things 3 years ahead at the very least.

Also the norm on Cred Forums maybe. Not mainstream.

>6600K
>4.4
>1.32V
>44°C under full load tho, feels good

Input voltage still stock? What mobo?

4.9 GHz
1.3 Vcore

5 GHz is doable but requires a considerable amount of extra voltage to be stable and it's not a tradeoff I'm willing to run 247.

What's the difference between vcore and input voltage?
Mobo is Asus mat-x plus

seems insanely low. are you on water cooling? what's your max temp with furmark cpu burner?

Supplies voltage to the voltage regulators which control the voltage supplied onward to the core. I failed to realize they removed this setting for Skylake so you can ignore my advice.

How stable is it? Did you disable the automatic overclocking and just manually set the clock higher?

>4690k
>4.5
>1.2v

i haven't tried lowering it but it's comfy as fuck.

I have a 6700k. There is a switch on my mobo that clocks it at 4.6 ghz without raising the temps at all. I assume it can go faster, the bios screen as "15% overclock" when the switch is on.

That's one fine looking overclock
Why doesn't mine look like that!?!

It's with a NZXT Kraken X61. And I used Aida 64 for stress testing, not furmark. I'll probably try that though.
The fun thing is that the idle and load temps are pretty close since at idle the fans barely spin.

ive gotten my I-5 6600k to 4.8 stable at 1.4v

you must have lost the lottery.
i keep mine at 4.5ghz 1.75v as its easy on the card and doesnt get past 50C.

Perhaps you have meme PSU, meme mobo or meme cooling

If you're going for a more aggressive overclock you need to have quality components in every part of your system.

Just got a 4350. What do you guys recommend? It's my first unlocked processor

>overclocking a 32nm process CPU

have liquid cooling

>4690K
>4.4 GHz
>1.28 V

No problem with a Noctua NH-U12, didn't even bother trying with lower voltages.

>3570K
>4.3GHz
>1.176V
I can push it to 4.4 but my shitty mobo starts to sweat (i.e. throttle) during summer.

1. PSU is not going to realistically be a limit any overclocking as long as it isn't terribly underpowered.
2. Cooling, while obviously important, is not going to be a brickwall in achieving clock speeds and being at least able to boot the system.
3. 4.5 GHz is not aggressive.
4. The most likely cause here is a loss in silicon lottery.
5. Yet again many people in this thread are likely just being dishonest about their overclocks or just have low(or no) standards at judging whats stable.

Get a decent cooler, update BIOS, read guides and start experimenting.

>people buying K CPUs who are too scared to OC

What's the point if you're not even gonna claim your free >10% extra performance?

>6600K
>4.5ghz
>1.75v
>easy on the card
>doesnt get past 50C
seems legit

Phenom II x4 955
>3.5 @ 1.3125v
>3.8 @ 1.5v
>Stock: 3.2 @ 1.35

Well at least I can undervolt wonderfully.

who are you talking to?

there's nobody in the thread who has posted anything like your accusation

Corsair CX 750m - meme
Asus m-atx plus - not meme as far as I'm aware
Cryorig r1 universal - top tier air cooler as far as I can tell
I think it is just silicon lottery, I'm just hoping to find a little trick to stabilize that I might have missed somewhere

>i5
>skylake
>4.4 GHz and 1.28 vcore
Kek

Yeah I wish I was one of the retards who fuck up the cooler installation/thermal paste application.

Done it three times properly, not ever a difference.

nice. My i5 will hit 75C max with furmark cpu burner, no watercooling though im using a gammaxxx 300. day to day usage or even gaming it doesnt go over 55C so im ok with that.

>1.75V

>i5 3570K
>4.6GHz
>1.26V
Maxes out at 82 degrees Celsius during stress testing using a H100i.

Why did you buy a non K

>i5
>water
>4.6GHz

Well at least he can reuse the AIO

Probably a penny pincher whose time is worth close to nothing.

It is being reused as I'm upgrading it to an X99 build. Most likely a 5820K since it's pretty much identical to the 6800K, just cheaper and apparently easier to overclock.

But yes, I know I'm a faggot for using an AIO.

>2500k
>4.6 GHz
>1.32v
Running like this 5 years now.

Actually it's a geographical location. The "Skylake" is an ethereal realm that may or may not exist, where you can sacrifice your old CPUs by burning them over a fire made with large sums of money to achieve perfect overclocking

>1.6 volts
>5GHz
That's pretty real

is this memeing? you do know that skylake is able to take up to 1.52v according to intlel.

I get 40° under max stress too, but I have a stock 6600K and a hyper 212

I'll do it in a year or two when I have a need to
I mean if it's just basically moving a slider to the right then I'm in no hurry to know what I'm doing

>8320
>4.7ghz
>1.58 volts
I could reach 5.0ghz, but my mobo is limiting me

Are you me? I'm rocking 6600k with 212 Evo and Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, yet it just wont fucking stay stable at 4,5 ghz no matter how many volts I give it. What is this sorcery? How do peeps get 4,6 ghz out from it?

faggot

my nonK overclock niga.

If I'm wrong then you'll have to explain why you aren't a useless heeb for buying a purpose-nerfed chip.

Step aside intel fucking shits

It's totally fine for almost everything. The crippled AVX support doesn't matter to me cause I don't really use any AVX specific programs.

>>GHz 220W CPU
STRONK

But why not just front another 30 bucks to not have to bother with FSB OCing?

cause i bought my i5 6400 second hand for $180CDN, I was trying to save money for the video card and such. good enough for gaming and such.

Are you not the 6700 guy?

are there any big gains to OC'ing my fx8350? when i oc'd my gtx 980 i gained 5-20 fps in some games

>games

That chip needs to rip sick clocks to even touch 5 year old Intel chips.

>200W cpu
enjoying the short motherboard lifespan? im sure the fx8350 OC'd would be alot better with alot less risk

i duno, i can get mine stableish at 1.38 but i the trade off for 100mhz just isint worth it

I've had my 4690k sitting at 4.3 @ 1.25v for a year now, that was just a quick and dirty. Decided to mess around over the weekend, bummed it to 4.4, but I had to up the voltage to 1.3. Might be able to bring it down a bit, but that's what I first kicked it to when keeping the previous voltage failed.

no. i5 is plenty good. Only game I notice problems in is crysis 3 cause its super cpu intensive and actually utilizes hyper threading.

>run aida64 for 24hours and all good
>Boot up battlefield 4
>BSOD after an hour of gameplay

What the fuck?
I5 4690k 4.4Ghz 1.25v

Just because you're able to pound a little kid's asshole doesn't mean it won't bleed after.

Electromigration is a severe problem @ 14nm with high overvolts.

>219W

>5820k
>4.4GHz
>1.15V Core
>1.85V Input

Pretty decent chip desu. Needed 1.25V to get it to 4.5 though and the heat was ridiculous. Idles @ 27C

>4790K
>4.4GHz
>1.19V

I overclocked my ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition to ~2075 core clock and over 4300 memory clock. I can go higher but I'm being cautious as this is my first OC ever. It stabilizes at 61°C. I can always increase the OC if I need more power in the future. It's a great card. It can run The Witcher 3 maxed out with "low" setting Hair Works at 60 FPS, as long as you give Geralt a short haircut or don't zoom in at his head if he has long hair. My locked and stock CPU reaches 65-67°C, which is warm but fine. Any tips?

how sick we talking?

Try testing with prime95, and lower LLC + higher vcore settings

I heard prime95 kills Devil Canyon CPUs through, is it ok to use?

I have 1070 and 6600K and I can't imagine any game bringing the display to below 60fps, is witcher 3 really that graphically intense?
Or are you playing on some maximonitor?

>Fx 6300
>turbo clock is its highest overclock
Im afraid of pushing it any further on this cheap motherboard

I also can't make my CPU temp go above 50° at all, even benchmarking

Just set the power limit to 120% and up your frequencies until 3dmark/heaven/furmark start crashing/artifacting.

I ran it for hour on my i7-3770K @ 4.7ghz/1.344v with air cooling and nothing happened

Honestly it's such a joke chip for gaming that you should look to pump closer to unsafe levels of voltages and get some decent performance before EOL

Hair Works is intense.
I'm worried that I'll kill the card in the process, if that's possible.

>yfw I play crysis 3 on my i7-920 and gtx 960

I don't think you can kill the card without unlocking voltage, removing the coolers etc

i'd actually care if the game was any good.

how far can i OC my GTX 980?
so far i got +130 core and +470 memory. can i go higher or what?

i thought that was TempleOS in the picture