Since when did discord become Cred Forums approved?

Since when did discord become Cred Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/fXKrP
ring.cx/
discord.gg/6WehyUv
discord.gg/QvEKT
incubator.apache.org/wave/about.html
discord.gg/Hc5qkVR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It shit but all the cool kids use it, so us pedos have to adopt.

I use curse. Just a preference. Discord just looks so busy

Discord is pretty awful but there are no decent alternatives. It's so incredibly hard getting regular people to even think about using something other than what they're familiar with. It's surprising a good chunk of people actually did move to Discord.

What do you want in an IM program, Cred Forums? I just want customization and privacy. Locally stored chat logs are nice too but I've found that programs are moving away from those for some reason.

Cred Forums gets hard for anything open source, but AFAIK discord isnt FOSS

privacy, clean user interface, obvious features (group chat, file and screen sharing, etc.) and a decent user base.
apparently i'm asking way too much.

Discord group for Cred Forums board?

I hate posters like you.

go fuck yourself with your botnet crap

It has always been as Cred Forums is a Cred Forums sub board.

shit audio
i hate the ui
all images you post go to their servers

it's only an improvement for skypefags, if anyone at all. No-one already familiar with mumble should be making the switch.

>Screen sharing
Why?

You are
Whos going to pay for all that shit?

Since Cred Forums approves of free beer even knowing that it currently datamines you and will become unfree once it gets enough marketshare.

Theres a good Cred Forums Discord Group I'm a part of, I'll drop an invite link if you guys are interested

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

if it were open-sores it would be, IMO, one of the most useful programs in existence. Reasons I like it include:

>easy bot creation
>basically one-click bot installation
>text chat and voice chat can be combined or exclusive
>moderating servers is easy
>the interface is simple and easy to use
>the web interface (blessing and curse)
downsides:
>you need to have an account to download the 'real' version (software not webware)
>web version isn't very good.

>thinks that I have this trip for no reason
Nigger I have it so people who want to join know that its me posting the link

Link?

it's not

>no decent alternatives
what about irc

Asking the admins if it's okay, chat policy

why not? skype had those things for ages, i'm just expecting new software to have at least the same features as the older ones.

PSI-Discord
discord.gg/fXKrP

Don't be a dick

Never. It's proprietary malware. Prove it doesn't record and log all conversations and send them to NSA from their central servers. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Some other upsides I have:

>Easy to restyle as the local client is just a port of the web version, so you can work in the web version with dev tools, then just export your changes into the local client.

>The bot api is very full, there are easy ways to get lists of users/ members, get lists of messages, change server settings, etc.

Use Mumble, you fucking retarded Mongoloid.

No voice, no (simple) file transfer, no image previews in links.

>what is ring.cx

It's not, real Cred Forumsentoomen use Tox/Mumble, maybe TS3.

Only Cred Forums fags flocking to Cred Forums use Discord.

ring.cx/

This appears to be more focused on small group chats, not large 500+ member chat servers.

If it has support for hundreds of individual chat and voice channels on each server, go ahead. Otherwise it is unrelated.

Chink shit general discord, get yourself a deal!
discord.gg/6WehyUv

Drop link

See

Bump

mumble is a nice piece of software, but it isn't normie compatible.
if they can't open a new server for their normie friends with a few clicks in the client itself then it's not ready for normies.
Usually that's not a problem since you shouldn't care wether normies use a piece of software, but since it's a messenger you'll have to get all your friends to use it to make it actually useful to yourself.
If they cannot get all their friends into their own server (not necessarily the one you provided) then they'll move back to easier IMs like discord to talk to their other peers and after a while they'll nag you to do so as well, so they don't have to use mumble and discord in parallel.

until mumble is normie friendly, or someone properly integrates mumble and discord together, you might not get around discord or skype.

I don't think it is.

I still use it. I used to have to use Skype for online meetings for my job, and it was awful. Discord at least fucking works and doesn't have built in ads.

>Discord is pretty awful
Why is it awful though? Because it's not FOSS and normies use it?

ever since Cred Forumsfags showed up

Normie's like it because it has a clean modern UI and appeals to pop culture, "nurd" culture, and gaymer culture, literal reason I got from my friends when they wanted to leave the team speak server I was hosting for us was "But discord is cool and modern, it's simpler and it has all of these cool features for my games. Come on man, team speak is some ancient 2k8 so we're moving to discord cause it's new and better, I mean just look at team speak it looks ugly and old and discord is so sleek and well designed, it even has a web app!", I hate how normals think with their eyes and not their brains.

Have you ever tried getting normies to use IRC? It's fucking impossible.

>Since when did discord become Cred Forums approved?
>botnet
>Cred Forums approved
fuck off

invite broken.

discord.gg/QvEKT

I don't mind Discord much because I can just use it as a guest in a browser when dealing with people that don't use Mumble.

I imagine that once they get more popular they will try to wall their garden more.

Have any of you read the privacy policy?

TeamSpeak is shit though, you fake nerd.

>discord.gg/QvEKT
stop setting links to expire retard

from an end user's perspective it's pretty well made. good UX, responsive, works well without any fiddling whatsoever. and pleasant to the eye.

and it's also much, much better than skype. so at least I'm glad people are ditching skype for discord because it's better to be forced to use a good proprietary application than a shitty one.

it would be cool to have an accessible, powerful FLOSS alternative but I can't think of any. mumble is good but all the cert shit it forces on users is counter-productive. it scares normies off.

Someone drop a working link

It's designed for people that play MMOs. The people that made it were pissed off with having to have mumble, skype etc to try and organise a raid in XIV. It being cross platform made it difficult for ps4 and ps3 players to get onto mumble since it's not on mobile. Discord was a solution to the problem that xiv faced. It also just so happened to catch on with the overall gaming community.

This. It's not that hard to clicc a button.

Need a Cred Forums approved discord for chat about technology!

>implying your link isn't expired
>implying you aren't a retard

Hello friend! You seem to be confused. While they are called by your Facebook and Reddit friends, "meme arrows", the right facing arrows here on Cred Forums are actually used to quote posts for ease of replying to a specific statement! We at Cred Forums are always glad to help new members with their experience on the site. Good luck!

>may may arrows in 2016

i just got an email back from them saying they liked my application and i was a good intern candidate, but they want someone local in SF and i live in a different state
the internship is only part-time and i don't know what to do
SF is expensive, but i could probably go there and lose money for a few months for the experience
fuck

Hi Justin. :^)

>Doesn't recognize implications meme

>Implies I'm the new one

TeamSpeak is even worse, sperg.

:^) memeing it this hard

How is ts worse, give me one reason besides it's ugly and old.

it doesn't come with a chinese botnet.
I only use chink softwares.

>360 Total Security Essential has protected my pc for 546 days already
Thank you ching chongs

I'm telling to use Mumble instead of giving TS devs shekels.

The main think I'd like in a IM program is the ability to record my conversations and to have locally stored chat logs, because my memory is very bad.

I use skype because there's a third party app that allows for this, but it doesn't work very well, and I don't like to just record the audio from my entire PC.

Fuck the Discord team for not developing a 32-Bit client for Linux. Just wanted to run to run it on my 32-Bit netbook running Manjaro 32-Bit but no their canary client is x64 architecture only. Fucking sucky ass fuckers. And yet 32-Bit Windows runs Discord just fine on my netbook... Oh well I have a good x64 laptop that can run x64 Manjaro/Linux to run Discord on it anyway. Still bummed out about no 32-Bit Linux client, though

O_O

uh...

You do realize that what you just posted is EXTREMELY offensive to people of color, right?

>check out the chink shit general discord
>it's literally trash and Cred Forums tier

>2010+6
>Calling niggers, chinks, and gooks people of color
The fuck do you think this is, the 40s?

>Getting baited this hard

I am a simple man. I see tumblr bait, I must respond with niggers.

>I was just pretending to be retarded.

Where's the link faggios

How am I giving them shekels by using my own server?

Myself and a friend were thinking the same thing. I'm at the point where I'm just gunna make my own.

its basically a chat thing ran on a chromium engine. bloated as fuck. mumble is better

It's shit but it's better than skype and it's not hard to get retards to move to it so I'll take it.

It's a piece of shit. The most annoying thing is no one else i know has my problem where it just uses 15%-25% cpu at all times no matter what even if all of the 5 servers im in are muted.

The hell is it doing and why?

Even Skype was miles ahead of this garbage codewise. Even that used less than half this many resources while sharing screen in a call with several people using cam and ads flashing everywhere.

I was with you until
>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>I'm just doing my bait to help
>bait

I think we've been tricked.

Since Halo Forge came out

botnet

It's obviously a joke, you belligerent retard

a very exclusive botnet apparently then if no one else i know is being used to brute force passwords or whatever.

you'd think they'd want to distribute a load like that as thinly as possible to keep it on the down low

>muh you cant shill for FOSS cus it's free

Why would I use Discord when Mumble exists and is ten times better?

>but m-m-muh bots!!

What the fuck is the purpose of a bot if you're supposed to be using the application to talk to your friends.

Matrix/riot. There's your alternative. 100% FOSS and you can run your own server too.

> give us your e-mail if you want an acct

lol, dropped.

It didn't.

It's because the desktop application is pretty much just a browser app with its own embedded version of Chrome. What is it with this trend lately of incredibly simple apps being built with Electron? The thing is a laggy bloated piece of shit that takes up 5x the amount of resources it needs to. Also, the install size is >100MB for an app that should be dreadfully simple for what it does (text and voice chat, the oldest fucking use case in the book). Fuck, this browserification of everything is killing me. Javascript hipsters have ruined programming.

>Discord has custom emoji now
post them reaction images boys

My friend group uses teamspeak. We tried switching to mumble because it's Foss and because it has a smaller performance footprint (pretty much negligible) but we ended up staying with ts. In the end teamspeak had better audio quality, better voice detection, and better echo reduction. The only thing that mumble did better was latency and possibly encryption. Honestly though at this point we have just used teamspeak for such a long time, 6 years now, that it's going to be hard to switch to anything else, just because old habits die hard.

incubator.apache.org/wave/about.html
I think we could repurpose the Wave Federation Protocol as a viable free discord clone.

audio is clear af with the right server region
ui is meh i agree. dark mode helps make it more uniform.
>All images you post go to their servers
Uhh... no shit? That's how the internet works bud. If you are so concerned you can use a direct link from a web source instead of uploading it

>Since when did discord become Cred Forums approved?

Since Cred Forums is non-stop Cred Forumsfaggotry.

So well before Discord's inception.

On a slightly related note, anyone know a good alternative to Skype as a chat client with the following qualities

>can handle 2k - 2.5k contacts.
>decent channel management
>file/picture sharing
>lightweight bandwidth/ram wise
>bonus for having an api for plugins

It's not, op.

>start Discord
>loading screen appears
>*LOADING DANK MEMES FROM OUR HAMSTER DRIVEN SERVERS!!1!!1!1!1*
>Close Discord

Please

I'm glad that normies migrated to Discord and stopped forcing skype on me.

neither are free, so why does it matter?

>no voice
i'd consider that a feature
>no (simple) file transfer
this is true
>no image previews in links
quassel actually has that on linux

fuck normal people

IRC is easy to use, but the last 5years everything has to work with 1 button, and normies can't do shit anymore if it doesn't have a "Log in with Facebook" option.

This should be fixed in today's update.

discord.gg/Hc5qkVR

Discord
is literally
Cred Forums: The Proprietary Chat Application

It's great if you're a Cred Forums manchild.

At least you don't have to use a non-free binary for Discord.

Zambz (the guy with the Bart Simpson pic) is 12 years old along with a bunch of other underagers stinking the place up.

Along with the one English pedophile named Comfy.

Discord's JavaScript is not free.

the same people who refuse to use discord over the other shitty options are the same people who still use firefox in 2k16 kek

I just run a teamspeak server, you don't have to deal with cracking robot voices or shitty voice detection.

Fucking Pissphone.

Since it became a thing.
>recording conversations
lel

>Discord
>Good
Enjoy your shitty memes and hipsters pretending to be gaymer nurds while playing candy crush

Any software that is 'Cred Forums-approved' is one you should stay away from. Cred Forums has completely unrealistic requirements, so if the software is for social use than normal people won't use it and it completely defeats the purpose.

I know people who think adding /ns identify and /join #(channel) to their perform on connect list and typing /quit is "too complex". They used Tinychat and migrated to Slack, which is basically just a shitty clone of Discord. What they love about Slack are the custom smilies.

Normal people are fucking retards.

quit getting triggered lmao

never.

>I know people who think adding /ns identify and /join #(channel) to their perform on connect list and typing /quit is "too complex".

This makes me so mad since most IRC clients have built in features to msg NickServ on connect and even automatically join their favorite channel

love ya Hexchat