github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/core/mount-setup.c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By writing code like this:

sprunge.us/OIYM

>for (;;)
absolutely disgusting

What the fuck does that do?

Starts up the botnet.

I bet you have no idea what you're talking about.

while(true)

Whoa, a three star programmer!

>N U M A L E
>U
>
>M
>A
>L
>E

Are you the same fucking faggot from otherchan who posts this shit all the time? Did pootering make you his power bottom? Seriously get a life

I bet you still use glibc instead of systemd-libc, fucking pleb.

lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-March/010062.html

>not running systemd/Linux
>not using the systemd SDK to develop software
>not using the systemd Office suite
>not storing your data on systemd-SQL
>not listening to music on systemd-Tunes
>not making phone calls with systemd-PBX
>not protecting your network with systemd-FW
>not replacing glibc with systemd-libc
>not writing drivers with systemd

Shiggy.

>he doesn't generate his QR codes using systemd
plus.google.com/ LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/g1E6AxVKtyc

Based upon what?

>not giving your gf the systemD

>gf

>type *name, *name2
>instead of type* name;
type* name2
It's a type pointer, goddammit.

What's so bad about systemd anyway?

The concept and the implementation.

>tech
solves "problems" nobody needed to solve, in the worst possible way
>politics
introduced common platform for all Linuxes, controlled by single corporate entity

>introduced common platform for all Linuxes, controlled by single corporate entity
Muh freedom!
>install gentoo

>that moment when you realize all the arguments pushed by freetards to convince you free software is better were bogus
>in practice, having the code and being able to legally change it doesn't really change a thing, FLOOS is still just as shitty as proprietary software
>tfw you fell for the open source meme

It was forced in by red hats influence.

Pottering is literally the donald trump of free software.

Expect donald trump is competent and good and will make america great again. Pottering is incompetent, bad, and is making GNU/Linux worse.

>I'm a moron, the post

I already am on gentoo, thank you very much.

indeed. pottering did more to crush the FOSS narrative than MS or whoever ever managed to.

Wanna know how I know you're naive, suggestionable and have a double-digit IQ?

Oh C, I love you so much.

I don't agree with everything trump says, but he's far better than killary shillton.

Literal shit is better than Hillary Clinton. That's not really an accomplishment.

is it really that simple to derail a thread on Cred Forums those days? sad

Ban Americans. Problem solved.

>based

This. I realized this a long time ago, but I already had a whole career built around this shit, so I won't stop using Linux anytime soon.

same here, just too entrenched to turn back now.

Right, because the old way was bulletproof and had no issues whatsoever, right, familia?

>If you keep breaking windows someone will develop plexiglass

It's really not a point of no return kind of thing. I contributed to Debian for almost a decade and I'm now working on Visual Studio with Windows 10 improving C# libraries for Microsoft.

The skills are completely transferrable even if the particular knowledge base isn't. And on the brighter side you actually get paid good money to work with the big boys like Microsoft.

I remember the first time I gave into temptation and used VS. I wanted to hate it so badly and jump right back to Emacs with justifiable insight into how the plebs failed, but I just couldn't. MS got it extremely right and I saw that day just how pathetic the FOSS shills were. Literally spreading FUD day in and day out to keep people using shitty text editors instead. Unbelievable.

When you stop to think about it, there is an unbelievably sad amount of try-hard communism in the world today holding us back. Globalized communities are developing world-class software and taking us into the next century better off than ever. Meanwhile throwbacks like Stallman praise communist dictators and racists like Che who would have killed all the diversity that made this possible.

I think they mean well, they just don't know or understand what kind of progress we have made with corporations leading the way. They only see the downsides because they are forcibly removing themselves from our community. Its ideological blindness. Microsoft used to be guilty of this as well but with all of their investment into open source they have really made great strides towards uniting our liberalized global tech communities under one roof.

This. How can I learn about VS, if I have to install Windows first?

VS is pretty great, tbqh.

The first step is installing Windows 10 with bash and acclimating to the wonderful flexibility of having it all. The second step is using VS.

can anyone answer this

no systemd == no wifi?

replace systemd by red hat and you've basically described modern linux

systemd is an init system. has nothing to do with kernel modules or networking stack.

>However, after deliberately choosing a home-grown display server (Wayland) over the generally accepted one (Mir)
lost it

10/10 april fool's email

>systemd is an init system.
Wrong. systemd is a red hat umbrella project for core OS functionality. (Hence *system*d and not *init*d)

The init system (PID 1) is a tiny portion of systemd.

Autism
Considering the situation a foot controlled while would be bad too:
1) additional variable
2) more nesting
Acctually:
>There is something wrong withe code
When *k is zero the for(...;*k;...) finishes, but then ...&&*k is never TRUE, so the next if block is never reached.
Also OP is a faggot because } missing at eof.

Its a great project IMO. Too much federalization and anarchy are the reason Linux is only used on some servers.

What does the code do though?

Never executing the last ifblock i guess.

github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/core/mount-setup.c

This loop is from a function that apparently
> Mount all available cgroup controllers that are built into the kernel.

If this is in production i seriously must brush up my c, because i still not get it why the block is there. If its executed its bad design or catches some effect from elsewhere and should be documented.

He's the hero Linux deserves

Figured it our, just too early in the morning
If strvt_find sets *k then its executed. k must be at least join_controllers.
> Makes sense, goodcode.

>Its a great project IMO.
Agreed, but only because the alternatives are stale and shitty

>Too much federalization and anarchy are the reason Linux is only used on some servers.
First off, linux is used on basically every server. Servers running windows are the obscure minority here.

Second of all, the reason Linux is fragmented is because Linux is a developer culture, not a user culture. Red Hat is doing their best to monetize Linux, which is in conflict with a developer culture. (You can't monetize a developer culture because users provide the money but developers don't care about users)

If anything, Red Hat is a money culture above all else. They only care about users in as much as users give them money.

>solves "problems" nobody needed to solve,
I'm guessing paying RHEL customers think otherwise.

No just redhat trying to minimise cost, the customer gets a working system whether systemd or not.
Just stuff breaks less, is easier to debug and users make less errors.
Its never directly about the customer satisfaction, its about the customer retention.
Love systemd regardless

Thank goodness some here are making sense.

Seriously though. Lennart is all the reason you need to install Windows. Linux is over, it's just becoming RedhatOS: A shitty Unix-like operating system dominated by systemd and its corporate overlords. All the pretense to transparency is gone now and trust should go with it.

So what? RedHat is based. You have no idea of the engineering acumen of the Poojeets who work on it you 400 lbs hacker.

That kind of racism isn't going to fly under the Clinton administration. Get it all out while you can Trumpster. Too bad your boy lost the debate.

Not according to Michael Moore's Twitter account, goy.

under rated post

I switched to systemd and I appreciate it.

Pro tip: systemd is almost entirely modular.

I'm not a goy and you're clearly not paying attention if you think he didn't get crushed. Unprofessional sexist shit doesn't win, just like your racism.

>I'm not a goy

>Trust me Drumpf got BTFO.

>Nazi frog meme
systemd incarnate

God damn there's a fucking punchable face if I ever saw one.

Fucking smug wanker.

As much as I think Poettering is a huge crybaby who writes shitty software, He isn't really wrong about open sauce lunatics. If you're writing death threats and composing songs over a component to an operating system, it might be time to step away and breathe for a second.

i still can't forgive him for not calling the init part of systemd "initiald"

People will talk about the political/Unixphilosophian aspect, which I could care less about. For me, the problem is what a buggy, difficult to troubleshoot mess it is and that its makers would rather accuse the users for doing it wrong rather than acknowledging that everybody suffers from the bug.

Lennart pootering is Redhat's attempt and making a Linux version of Bill Gates, i fucking hate both

Botnet Linux = any distro with systemD