Best and Cheapest ISP in UK

What is the best yet cheapest internet provider in the UK?
At the moment we have it provided by the Post Office, parents choice not mine, but it is as you would expect, crap.
I want to convince them to pick a better, faster one but also keep it low cost.
Any suggestions?
>inb4 Brexit jokes

Other urls found in this thread:

samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nigga are you dumb

What kinda speeds you want?
Cap?
Phone line rental?

Fucking go compare that shit. You must live rural because who the fuck has post office internet in 2016

Literally no reason not to get Virgin.

I don't really know this stuff but four people use it at the same time mostly for torrenting and youtube
My Mom pays her bills at the post office I think they just went with it out of convenience but is quite bad, only like 10mbps down and not even 1 up

Some ISP's offer free Broadband with a line rental for like £17 for 17 Mbps

I would get SSE for £21 (£16 line rental plus £5 broadband)

You can gey Virgin for 200 Mbps but it will cost you more.

Hyperoptic offer 1Gbps but very limited areas.

If cost is all you care about and your parents aren't that bothered, get unlimited 4g on Three for £23 and hide the hotspot traffic (officially hotspor is limited to 30GB).

You can also try smaller companies like Zen, don't know what they offer off the top of my head

I want to know this also. Looking for the cheapest home broadband package. I don't have a telephone line at the moment.

Virgin by a fucking long shot
Virgins price for 200Mbps as BT is for I think 50Mbps
Only reason not to go Virgin is if you can't because the cables aren't were you live. If thats the case, move asap

>parents choice not mine
Move out into your own place. Get your own isp. Oh, yeah, you'll need to get a job or otherwise get income.

samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Look on here to see what services are available to you. IMO BT is the best to go with if you are gonna be using a PSTN connection. The default backhaul for the UK is BT unless you probably pay extra to go LLU. BT does not traffic shape however there can be congestion at the cabinet if using FTTC.

If you have Cable available in your area then I'd say go Virgin, typically better downstream speeds but upstream is always sacrificed.

Continuing this. BT Business packages do offer some bandwidth prioritisation at the cabinet so if you are in an area which is densely populated then I might suggest you opt for that if you forsee bandwidth issues down the road.

An alternative is GEA however it is much more expensive but along with bandwidth prioritisation you also get a much quicker SLA for getting faults resolved.

if you want TV and internet, as well as making sure your details are secure, BT
sky is overpriced as fuck, and you literally have to sacrifice a child to be able to cancel your subscription
talk-talk they don't give a fuck about personal details, and their router is pretty shite

zen broadband is pretty baller but expensive, and they don't give a fuck what router you use.

not everywhere has fiber, most places are stuck with FTTC

No one else think it depends on the area? Virgin where I live is stable and fast, sky is utter shit and bt just as bad. Then a few miles across, it's the opposite. Research your area is my advice.

Most ISP's allow you to use any router, however you often have to ring them up to acquire the PPP credentials to authenticate with their RADIUS servers.

that's pretty out of date, as it says i can't get FTTC yet i've got an FTTC connection

praise based kcom
>£50
>200mbps down
> 50mbps up
>includes landline

BT more than likely as they easily allow you to buy their newest routers
but sky, you are stuck with their shitty routers until you leave them.

Haha fair enough. Accurate for me but interesting to know it isn't so accurate for others. Note taken.

BT is bretty good, just yell at pajeet on phone untill you get a good deal.

Only a simple pleb like you would vote remain

>implying I even have a choice of functioning ISP

WHERE !?

VOOODAAFONEEE

>Cap?

This is the UK, not the USA. Pretty much every internet package available is unlimited.

Only in hull

LMAO

No such thing in the god damn burgh

Cheapest ISP is Talktalk or Plusnet

How good they are it would go something like this

LowTier - Talktalk/Plusnet
MediumTier - BT/Sky
HighTier - Pulse8/Xilo/IDnet/Zen
Business Tier - Talktalk Business/BT Business

GOD TIER - AAISP (neets cant afford this.)

This is for isps nation wise not niche isps like hyperoptic/cityfibre/gigaclear

>AAISP

Ma nigga

Why are they so good? All of their plans have caps

The best customer service and the best options for your line

they offer anything you want

from static ip to bonded lines while also having zero filtering on your connection zero websites blocked.

1TB cap on Home::1 package isn't that bad and its not like they charge you extra if you go over just lower your speed

i think there is a 2TB package also.

how much?

Literally right there on the page.

>unlikely event that you go over 1TB
lel