Why can't you use Macbooks without the battery?

Why can't you use Macbooks without the battery?

Because Apple wants you to spend the money replacing the battery, silly goy.

>everything is related to my zionist conspiracy
sure is 12 in here.

wtf i hate apple now

never knew this

macfags are imbeciles

Depends a bit on the situation, but sometimes when doing some demanding tasks the hardware draws more power than the power supply can, well, supply...

are you serious?

If it's designed with the battery inbuilt, it is probably used in conjunction with the line power at a hardware level. By removing one, it would damage the hardware on power-sucking tasks due to a brownout. Knowing apple's exacting design standards, squeezing perf like that is not something you can rule out

That's according to Apple

>apple
>squeezing perf

>uh oh looks like it's time for an upgrade
>this is just how computers work, stupid consumer
>hand over more shekels.

You ever have your phone plugged in but you lose battery cuz app is that draining? same shit can happen on a laptop.

WTF are you talking about. Pay attention to your charger amperage you stupid poorfag. Don't buy the first cheap shit you can see for recharging your $700 smartphone.

>2013
>shitton of ports
>looks like it's suitable for professional work

>2016
>lel have one USB-C port that is also the charger and a touchpad that doesn't click

When did Apple become such a meme company?

how shit is electricity in your house?

so sad apple has gone to shit. i miss high quality laptops with high quality gimmicks

VAIO Canvas Z

You're confusing the MacBook Pro with the Macbook

Wait wait hold up

you really can't run macbooks straight off the charger?

If by straight off the charger you mean unscrew the bottom, remove the battery connectors and screw the bottom on again and use it that way? I don't see any reason for that, but yeah you can. However it'll shut off if you're drawing more power than the charger can supply.

nope

Well my old laptop stop being able to recognize the battery for some reason (even when I bought a new one) so it's just another desktop now.

That's stupid I can't do that with (((Macbooks))).

Once Steve died, he had a roadmap for the company to 2013 or so but after that it really went off the rails.

yes you can

t. own a macbook

Tons of modern laptops ship with weak chargers that cannot handle maximum power consumption without battery help.
I wonder if this degrades the battery faster.

who cares, surface book is better

How? Aren't the fans really loud?

lol

The problem here isn't that you can't use MacBooks without batteries, but that your old laptop stopped recognising the battery. That isn't a known issue with MacBooks so letting them run off the charger alone would be a solution to a nonexistent problem, sacrificing power consumption, battery life and cooling for nothing at all.

He was working on the Air Pods and the Apple Watch among lots of other things as far as I know

>I wonder if this degrades the battery faster.
Theoretically it should be degrading it less overall, assuming normal use

Normally, a laptop would just charge to 100% and then leave the battery alone, but here it's draining it a bit and then recharging every time there's a load spike, which can happen like every two seconds if you're running gaems or something. How is that good?

Its bad, thats why my mbp battery died.

Thinkpads have easily removable bat, also with loonix (archmeme) one can set the charging percentage to e.g. 80% for even smother faggotry.
Also trackpoint>trackpad.

Jobs was against wireless earbuds. AirPods are a cancer introduced by Cook.

Jobs only good move was not to tread his cancer with real medicine.

Airpods are just the precursor for iKoehlerimplants for transhuman macfags. Anything else would be just ridiculus. Who will ever buy airbuds?

>Jobs was against wireless earbuds.
Dumbest shit I've heard all day, Steve used the Apple Wireless headset way past it's discontinuation. He didn't approve of wireless for music because bluetooth at the time didn't have the range or data transfer to make it an enjoyable experience

Stop using 0.5 amp chink shit chargers you fucking clueless retard.

>Every charger is chink
Usb2 only 500mA is standard
I found a japanese charger at a thrift store once and my kiddy-learn-laptop/toy had a gernan adapter.

you can, at least my late 2010 pro - one battery cell went rogue on me, it's now heug as op's mom, I had to remove it to get touchpad back - it didn't have place for pressing anymore.
Battery was recycled, I run from the wall waiting for a new one.

He was also against having yet another thing to charge. And here we are with a $180 pair of Bluetooth headphones that can't even last the day

>And here we are with another $180 pair of Bluetooth headphones that can't even last the day
Fixed.

XPS 13.

WTF are you talking about? They run without batteries but the processor is capped at 1/2

How can you make it run at 100%?

nigger

Getting an AC Adapter that doesn't suck. (Impossible for macs)

>fuck around with gfs old 2007 Mac
>realise that without battery the CPU is throttled to half the speed
>all batteries I can find last around 50min

Shame, it still werks

Yeah you can, I've done it

>old 2007 Mac
>realise that without battery the CPU is throttled to half the speed
Really? I keep an 07 macbook for disk and airport utilities, relatively smooth on 10.6

Do your fans spin really loud?

>Why can't you use Macbooks without the battery?

You can.
They'll run perfectly fine without the battery connected, or the battery removed altogether.

>And here we are with a $180 pair of Bluetooth headphones that can't even last the day

AirPods can last 20 hours if you use the carrying case to top them up.

But that's the actual reason you fucking idiot. Apple has practiced planned obsolescence via batteries ever since you couldn't replace the batteries in the original iPod and it was designed to fail within 300 discharge cycles.

No. If you carry a proprietary power bank that only works with them you can get them to last 5 hours 4 times