PROGRAMMING GOAL?

What do you think would be a good thing to program? I mean theres a lot of things but most of them feel like wasting time, like there used to be a time where the only goal I had is to make a game and I ended up using all kinds of already available game makers, but because of how limited they are and my luck of artistic talent I thought it's a dead end.

On the other hand programming itself isn't easy to learn but I imagine it doesn't require a lot of talent in order to make fine projects.

Web development sounds good but I don't know where to start or what to make.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00RxteR1oGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rtO9maU709k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plus I'm mainly looking forward things that I can do as a hobby, I'm not looking to make money out of it.

You don't need artistic talent to write a game. Dwarf Fortress, Nethack.

Except both of those are more boring than any other mobile game.

Have you tried unity3d.com?

Program highly modular ai and make it gpl licenced plox.

I haven't tried unity yet but it requires artistic talent that i don't have and that is my issue. I can't draw or model.

1.learn blender
2.make model in blender
3.???
4.profit

I am actually biginning to work on a random idea i once had now.
It's not a good idea, it will probably be shit in the end, but fuck it, i finally want to actually do something. I am not creative enough to actually think of something good anyways.

So basically it will be a desktop application written in C++.
It should be portable between at least Windows and Linux.

I am thinking best use would be Qt for that? Do i also use the Designer? I suck ass at designing things, is there any shortcut to making decent looking things without first becoming a pro designer?

strange, I had this dream about austrian imperial doctor taking some anal tests

b-but it looks so complex user

javafx is quite good for portable gui things, multithreading with javafx sux a bit, but it's really easy to use

Right, but i already write so much stuff in Java at work (dual student), i really would like to get back to my programming roots, which are C++.
My skills are rusted now and i want to re-explore the language and it's ideas.

How do you design in javafx though? Also drag on drop? Is there any kind of bootstrap?

Vanilla buttons and shit just look so bad. I dont want to design these.

just remember to remove duplicating vertexes and to normalize mesh before adding armature

there are also some bone parenting options that don't work quite well when animating...

>How do you design in javafx though?
javafx scene builder

clean and easy to use

Anyway, how do you motivate yourself for programing. I'm just stuck at the moment...

Hm. Well im twisted. I might look into it, thanks user!

I just do it and enjoy the results. It takes a little to get over the initial ramp of having to read up on new technology, but once you catch the drift and use the library efficiently it becomes fun.

But having a useful idea, something that you really want to create, is probably the most crucial.

youtube.com/watch?v=00RxteR1oGQ

>Supreme Pajet 9000

if( Platform.isFxApplicationThread() ){
//do some gui modifications
}else{
Platform.runLater(() -> {
//do some gui modifications
});
}

workaround for function modifying gui form main thread or other thread

... more like you need a fucking brain to play those games. Go back to your stupid candy crush, it was designed for you

youtube.com/watch?v=rtO9maU709k

B-but this stuff takes talent even if I use reference images I can't make it happen it's the same feeling when someone can't draw it just can't happen that's why i'm looking for something else to motivate myself to program something but so far nothing...

Why is this nigger talking for 10 whole minutes.

m8, it's like year 2020, move on m8

>game is boring
>i am stupid because it's boring

No user that's not how it works, I understand the gameplay mechanics it's not that complex, it's just wasting time...

Because he's stretching his content to crater to his subhuman subscribers, and meanwhile gains ego with his beauty.

It's like masturbation for the normies.

any game is "wasting time". Retard.

chaos realm visualizer

You don't program to improve your skill. You don't program to make your portfolio look nicer.

You program simply to make some thing you like.

You don't shitpost to improve your skill. You don't shitpost to make your portfolio look nicer.

You shitpost simply to make some thing you like.

(you)

anything is wasting time until you die moron.

Thanks for commenting.