/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

What encryption do you guys reccomend?
Formating a usb/or micro SD card, NTFS or exfat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNnLX67UMyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post your degenerate cartoons somewhere else, fiflth

I made the thread because another user said so, so I did.
See

I just got a Kindle Paperwhite for reading Manga and every time I change page, the screen flashes for a second as it loads in. Is that supposed to happen?

Some lead me to believe it always happens, it can be situational, others say optional and some say it's a defect. So basically I have no idea.

Anyone with a Kindle here who can tell me?

sauce?

how are you reading the manga? an app or through the browser

If youm ean it does white, black, then the page displays.
In the settings there should be a setting to choose whether to do a page refresh every page.

I converted them to .mobi files with Kindle converter.

That's what I mean. Clicking that does nothing. I got it earlier today and just started using it, so perhaps it's a defect or needs warming up.

I have some stupid qustions about things i don't clearly understand and can't google withal.
What is "(you)" meme?
What is "meme" itself in Cred Forums terminology?
Sorry for my ignorance though. Thanks for all who will care to give an serious answer.

Try the manga searcher app. it lets you download manga for later use and it loads up the pages real quick

It's when people make a post just to get responses (aka you's), so people respond (You) as a "here's your response".

I don't understand your second question.

I have a chromebook.
What fun things can I do with it, other than chroot loonix?

I have nuc that I use as a general server.
I have my desktop and nuc connected to the ports on my router.
My router only has 100Mbit ports so transferring large files is a pain.
I want to get a small 1Gbit switch and connect my desktop, nuc, and router to it.
If I do this will I be able to transfer at 1Gbit speeds(ignoring other bottlenecks like hdd/ssd speed) and will static ips still be assigned correctly without messing with any other settings.
Also, any recommendations for a cheap switch.

I don't mind converting them. That's not my problem. I'm just not sure the pages appear the way they are supposed to. I don't wanna browse online/download using the Kindle.

> so people respond (You) as a "here's your response".
Got it. Thank you.
> I don't understand your second question.
What phrase like "javascript is a meme" exactly means?

HAve you checked a youtube video of the same kindle and see if it does the same thing?

Poor tomoko, she was always destined to be a loser.

>Getting mad at anime on an anime website

sauce on manga?

How do i into proxy aka torrent shit that my ISP block in first world countries?

>What phrase like "javascript is a meme" exactly means?
basically, that JavaScript is a joke

>That's what I mean. Clicking that does nothing. I got it earlier today and just started using it, so perhaps it's a defect or needs warming up.

e-ink displays need to do the clearing by flashing white/black to clear the display as not doing so will show remnants of the previous page, not so bad for text but fairly obvious when browsing through picture heavy stuff

if increasing the number of pages before it refreshes doesn't do anything try updating the software

>If I do this will I be able to transfer at 1Gbit speeds(ignoring other bottlenecks like hdd/ssd speed)

ideally

>Also, any recommendations for a cheap switch.

literally anything, I went with a tp-link because 8 port semi-managed switches were the same price as 5 port unmanaged netgear ones, dlink are also something to look into

>What phrase like "javascript is a meme" exactly means?

literally everything on Cred Forums is a meme, it's stuff people like, people don't like, stuff that people shill for, shit that gets posted about too often etc

same for botnet, literally anything people don't like or anything that calls home in some way is a botnet

bump

Get into private trackers instead.

I couldn't find any videos of people reading Manga on Paperwhite 3. It does a slight refresh no matter what I click on it, perhaps that's how it's supposed to be? I really don't know.

boku no pico

Stupid question here, sauce of picture?

it doesn't have to be manga, it could be any reading, the point is to check if it does that refresh.

F2FS

He's not complaining about the /sqt/, he's complaining about the image you used. In the future, use Dwight.

Question, why don't we use the Questions that don't deserve their own thread format like other boards do?

I have a weird problem here.

Windows 10 (not anniversary edition) freezes randomly. Reset button doesn't work, I have to turn off the PSU and wait a few seconds. If I don't it wil get stuck in a boot loop. If I just flick the on/off switch it will boot to Windows an then almost immediately freeze again. Waiting a minute gets me maybe an hour before it freezes again. Sometimes when idling, sometimes in browser, sometimes when I'm playing TF2 With Waifus®.

Temps are fine, already tried clearing CMOS, put RAM in different slots (and one at a time).

Is it possible that installing Corsair Link caused all this? Because that's what I did just before it started happening. Also: I kept my PC running with case fans all saturday.

>if increasing the number of pages before it refreshes
I didn't know I could do this. I'll see if I can change it. Thank you for your help.

I guess it does, but I don't know if they have "refresh every page" on or not.

So this is something everyone just accepts. I guess I will eventually too.

*with my case fans OFF all Saturday

*with case fans OFF all Saturday

(fuck)

is it like this? youtube.com/watch?v=lNnLX67UMyY

Does 32pages still do applications on the first of the month?
Can't find anything newer than ~1year mentioning it and I've been wanting to get in for a while, but haven't had time until now.

I'm sorry anons, I'm just really really tired.

Not when reading a book, but clicking on stuff in the menu. It's possible that's just the way it's supposed to be. It's a bit jarring. Manga definitely looks better than on a tablet though.

Give me the sauce faggot

I've never used MS office/openoffice/libreoffice/latex.
How do i make fancy charts and plot data in them like infographics

is iobit smart defrag and advanced system care good? are any of their other softwares good? any better alternatives?

How do I make my ~/bin directory work?

I made a directory called bin in my home folder, put a shell script in it, chmod +x'd it, and tried to run it from my home directory, but it didn't work. Is there some variable I need to set?

Okay, after a few seconds of googling I found out how. If any other brainlets are curious:

export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

Hey Cred Forums
I've been stuck on this for awhile now. Can't find a solution on google.
Basically my keyboard puts a "-" in front of some keys. Indicated in the pic.
So the top line of my keyboard looks like this:
-q-w-e-r-tyu-u-i-o-p

When I hold the FN key it goes normal:
qwertyuiop

I'm sure its a feature but I cannot work it out. Any help would be appreciated.
>pic related.

What's the source? Nothing comes up in Google except an archived Cred Forums thread with less than half a dozen posts.

I'll look for watamote doujins later and report back if I find it.

Are you sure it's even watamote? Nothing on exh that has that image.

is there a way I can have my cpu de-clock when idling to reduce power consumption and lower temps?

Yea, go into advanced power options.
You can set it to only underclock on battery to.
You don't even have to do anything hard just set a percentage on the CPU.

>gangrape tag
shit tier doujin

Is that a reference to penny dreadful?

Network Engineering or Software Engineering?

I've dabbled in both and can't make up my mind on which to really focus on in terms of a career choice/internships.

Anyone ever have this problem before? Which did you go with?

good torrent sites for tv shows/cartoons? DESU has been shit the past few weeks

Why did typing notifications ("x is typing...") become so popular in messaging applications?

Does anyone know/have a program to run Cred Forums from?

like MiMi for android?

sauce nigga

This isn't super Cred Forums related but I don't know where else to ask
I want to replace an instrument from a midi file with a sound that I recorded. How do I go about doing this?

by modifying the soundfont used to play back the midi file

midi itself does not support embedded samples

A web browser.

How can I activate my office 2016? (I don't remember my 365 account)

I tried KMS and HEU KMS

But how do I do that

recommend me a short crash course in adobe after effects. Just have to make some pictures move and rotate and shit like that.

if we have vars X=0 Y=1 Z=0
and func E(X,Y,Z)=1 and F(X,Y,Z)=1
then E OR F = 1, correct?
E OR F evaluates to 0 only when both E=0 and F=0, right?

Pic related. What the hell am I doing wrong? I can't seem to update my damn display drivers for shit and it's been like this for almost a month now.

Is there something I need to uninstall first or what? AMD HD 7800 is my graphics card btw.

Does anyone know how to install extensions like grease monkey and ad block on Chromium.

Yes