/spg/ - Smartphone Genera

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL preview
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3_ze552kl-review-1499.php

Huawei Honor 6X is coming; SD625, dual-camera, metallic device set to launch in October 18
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x_to_launch_on_october_18-news-20712.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Sony Xperia X Compact is now available for purchase in US for $500
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_compact_is_now_available_for_purchase_in_us-news-20698.php

Sony Xperia XZ Review: In Depth
recombu.com/mobile/article/sony-xperia-xz-review

Google Pixel shows up in new renders
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_shows_up_in_new_renders-news-20705.php

LG V20 review
gsmarena.com/lg_v20-review-1498.php

HONOR 8 VS GALAXY S7: A TIGHT RACE
androidpit.com/honor-8-vs-samsung-galaxy-s7

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Nexus 6P - Low Light & Night Shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=27IhB8MD_Os

old

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-semi-official-builds-t3259878
phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-outs-Mi-5s-and-5s-Plus-Snapdragon-821-ultrasonic-finger-scanner-and-dual-camera_id85859
expertreviews.co.uk/nvidia/nvidia-shield-tablet
amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0
amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01LZHFSBC/
aliexpress.com/item/Official-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-3i-pro-prime-special-Version-Smartphone-5-5-Inch/32717858702.html
kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi5s,zuk-z2-pro
technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-s5-screen-wont-turn-problem/
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-pure-4g-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4345700.p?skuId=4345700
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for oneplus 3

First for Samsung Grenades

>tfw $650 pixel phone has 2770 mah battery

Is there a phone that's thicker, with a curved back? The 3GS was nice and comfy but everything these days is too thin/flat.

my dick

>Google won't cuck you

What planet are you on?

They're all straight upgrades from the 2012 model I have.

Sellers are retarded here, so are bidders. Being able to split payment is valuable to me too.

Is the curved screen from S6 Edge & S7 Edge useful? or just a stupid gimmick?

if it's a smart phone general, i'm going to assume this would be the place to ask about contract services and whatnot (unless you fa/g/s have phones without service)

i'm not here to ask which is better, i just want to read some opinions and thoughts about
>being on a contract
>being on a pay as you go plan

When the fuck is the main model of Zenfone 3 coming to the US

I don't want to wait until Black Friday for a possible drop on the OP3 or Honor 8 or something

It's not, mine is SGH-I537 but it looks like it's only different for the AT&T version. I'll try the other one anyways.

signing a contract has literally no benefits for the customer

If you have a lump sum available le always buy phone outright and go in sim only plan

If you're a poorfag go on a contract and about 2x but in smaller payments

yeah, i realised that back a few years when it was starting to become a norm, but i was a poorfag then
>tfw still a poorfag
i plan on switching to a sim plan, but im not asking for advice, i want to hear feedback about both sides

Is it better to get an unlocked phone and just put the sim from existing phone into the new one, or to contract a phone instead?

Well this is fun.

Ive been waiting so long for a phone or tablet with a frameless screen, edge to edge.
If googles new phone has it, ill dive straight into the botnet.

Google Pixel press shot leaked, shows new home button and round icons

enjoy your screen crack and no where to hold the phone

Gimmick

Hey, so I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 and it ran perfect until recently. About 3 weeks ago it started going to rest mode and wouldn't reactivate so I'd have to take the battery out to fix it. Now Whenever I try to turn it on it just gets completely staticy all over the screen. The blue light and sound still work fine though. What is the best way to resolve this issue? I haven't dropped it lately.

Why? The difference in payment is the only information they can give you independent of specific location based providers, and off contact plans are always cheaper.

What information do you actually want ? Where do you live, and what providers are available to you?

Should I pay to S-OFF my HTC 10?

Just bought a new Nexus 6P 128GB for 500 burger bux.
Tell me why I'm a faggot for doing so.
Upgraded from a Nexus 5, and it sure is sweet. The leaks for the Pixel phones wasn't looking good (650 starting, no dual speakers, etc etc), so I figured I'd upgrade now while things are cheap.

give it to me, best phone for around 200 bux, blu life one x2? 4gb ram and 64gb sotrage

Why would you need to pay to do it?

It's probably technically possible, but just not practical.

but WHY

it'll have all the durability of an egg dropped from a twelve story building if you so much as look at it wrong

My sony z3c is slowly falling apart. First it was the screen coming detached from the shell, then sd card slot kept popping out sd cards that I put in and now the headphone jack is dead. It would probably cost me around 200 euros to fix this thing so what should I do? Buy a new phone or just continue with this?

Pretty tempted by the redmeme 3s thoughts?

So what the fuck is the bezel for lmao

The v20 isn't out yet, so I don't think there have been any instances of it bootlooping yet. However, the G4, G5, and v10 all had numerous cases of bootlooping. IIRC, it was caused by a hardware issue. So people are probably assuming if LG hadn't fixed it by the 3rd phone with the problem, it'll be an issue again on the v20. Though some are just shitposting.

I hope the Xiaomi Mi5s does have the 4G band 20 featured.

Otherwise still no buy

>Xiaomi Mi5s
The lack of expandable storage is enough for me.

It's the only way to get it on HTC systems and it prevents a lot of modification on system partitions, which is a pain but better to do if rooting anything, and allows for better recovery if you fuck up which I might, since it's my first rootable phone.

The viscous cycle of the flagship buyers reminds me of bipolar disorder, they have manic episodes where their mood is extremely elevated when they're getting hyped about the newest product up until they get it, then they have a short honeymoon phase of using the phone. It all ends when they read about the glaring flaws their phone has, they can't justify the amount of money that they paid for it and they regret it. They spend the next year or two saying how they won't get jewed again but they just fall into the same viscous cycle. Constantly cucked by the flagships, enduring no support, bloated preinstalled apps, laggy UI and lackluster screen on time. They are beings who are actually fooled by marketing.

Then you have the average chinkphone buyer who knows what they want, how to get it and how much they want to pay. A superior being who has surpassed the flagship drone, a fully self actualized alpha male who takes what he wants and leaves his beta brethren in the gutter like with the discarded syringes and rats.

64Gb storage is enough for me.

The OP3 is too big.

mine is too, its been two years though so its had a fair bit of use

want a z5c but they dont sell it here anymore, kinda disappointed the X compact is a step down, it seems

What is so bad about Elephone? I asked here a while ago, and someone said it was a shit company.

I am considering buying a UMI Super, anyone know what it's like?

6S here, lost jailbreak and thinking about trading it for a Mi5 + cash.
I should probably wait for the Mi5S though.

Is it still $25? Did it for my M8, it was a 1-click thing.

Second for gimmick.
It's less comfortable to hold, and I've heard they're less durable too.
Maybe in a year or three when there's more software making use of edge placement
controls, but for now the few apps that use it don't really gain much from it.

The x compact looks and feels nice and the camera is definitely a step up but it really is too expensive for what it is (no waterproofing either).

Shame. I really would like to stick to a phone with a smaller form factor.

>Is it still $25?
Yeah. Worth it in the case of fucking up when flashing a rom, but I'm a basic user who is planning to root for the first time soon so I don't plan to shell out for it ASAP.

>making use of edge placement controls, but for now the few apps that use it don't really gain much from it.

What do you mean by that? Isn't just a place to add icons from apps to just open them, or switch between them kinda like a taskbar?

>A 153mm phone is more practical

If the new google phone is shit Im going to have to buy an iPhone. Not sure if I get the SE, 7 or 7+.

Literally no Idea

HTC10 or Oneplus or Xiaomeme

No thanks.

htc phones like the m8 m9 and 10 usually sport curved backs. I am an m8 owner and i love the way this phone is made and feels in the hand.

6S desu

>Samshit

Sammobile purposely cuck non-premium download speeds

Is there any repository that doesn't do this? I would love to update my firmware sometime today.

zuk z2

Thoughts? It's only 230 euros here.

fucking hell the google pixel is ugly as fuck and is around 650 dollarydoos. fuck that

im gonna get a oneplus 3 or is there a better phone?

Mine left the chink warehouse 5 days ago. I'm excited.

I'm in the same boat as you and will probably end up with the oneplus 3

my nexus 5 just can't cut it anymore, battery is shit, phone if randomly rebooting now, it's end of life

really disappointed with the direction google is rumored to be going with the pixel, still holding out hope that it'll be maybe worth getting though

h e l p

i have a oneplus x and its getting so bad. frequent crashes and reboots and all my apps cannot stay within memory. fucking ridiculous

OK guys, HTC 10 or Iphone 7? Dubs decide, ordering today!

bumping this

If you care about audio? HTC 10 my man, it's worth more than the pricetag of the 7 unless you LOVE iOS

what phone should i get? my budget is 350 usd.

iPhone 7 sadly.

Dude i was gonna get iphone 7 because used to muh iOS, fuck your dubs!

Can you clarify the audio part?

HTC

Is it worth upgrading from an s5 at this point?

I've have it since release and my plan has been finished for a while

Quick! Zuk z2 269$ on GearBest tell me why I shouldn't buy?
>Snapdragon 820
>4g ram
>64gb

>OK guys, HTC 10 or Iphone 7?
>i was gonna get iphone 7 because used to muh iOS

iPhone 7 has no headphone jack so unless you love Bluetooth the 10 is already superior, plus the 10 has an excellent audio DAC and sounds even better when rooted and equalized

Is the S7 really the best?..

Anyone have any recommendations for an extended battery for the LG G4? I can't seem to make it through a full day.

>Nexus 5 power button worn to the point it thought it was always pressed down
>holding it down may or may not power it up, only to have it immediately power off
>if plugged in would just contantly boot up and shut down
>didn't take to random cell phone repair shop, sent to LG for repair

Did I fuck up? Anyone ever had to get a phone repaired?

If the features appeal to you, I guess. It runs slower than both the OP3 and the HTC10 in real-world use, only thing it excels in is having a really good camera and high benchmarks.

Personally I prefer the HTC10 camera which is a little darker rand worse in the dark, but captures more "realistic" color.

>flashable roms: cyanogenmod or resurrection remix.

Thats a reason for it ~

fuck it, i'm getting the moto g4 play. its cheap and good enough and minding that i come from my trust galaxy s2 it will be quite the jump forward.

its got a removable battery, sd card slot, 2gb ram wtf else would i really need.
also the chances of getting the next software update are higher than on pretty much all other phones.

Best site to downlod apks from ?

oh and they are already working on cm13 for it. will g4play be the next phone of Cred Forums?

looks fucking awesome. well it looks like an iphone 4 or something but thats allright i just like symmetry. too bad no sd card slot and removable battery.

Play.Google.com
It's super easy to inject shit into apks. Don't use anything else.

Odds that Huawei fuck up the honor 6x? It's definitely what I've been waiting for and my next phone if all goes well.

>crimson chin
>software side buttons
for what purpose

Hey Cred Forumsuys so I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and had some questions. I was wond

Kek

I got an SE and don't care how good they promise the new Google phone will be. Burned me once, yada yada, burn me 4x, I'm done with Googs.

Within a couple hours I already love the SE. Yeah, some things about iOS are pretty dumb, like the notification system in general. But once I installed all my Google apps on it, it's great. Little things like videos in browser already being fullscreen make all the difference.

I was most amazed when I took a video with Snapchat and it didn't hiccup at all.

But the form factor was the reason for the purchase. Feels like my pocket is empty compared to previous 6" phone.

Is Android Lollipop still worth using or should I look for a phone with Marshmallow?

Can cyanogenmod testing brick or damage a device? not from installation errors or fuck ups. I mean the software itself. I'd like to give it a try.

p9 lite or nexus 5x? i care the most about the cameras and the display, and i don't care about games

On samsung phones, some unofficial builds can mess up the efs partition permanently unless you have a backup

forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-semi-official-builds-t3259878 is one of them It'll be impossible to boot any touchwiz roms (even official ones) unless you restore the original efs partition

uncheck re-partition? That's the only reason I've failed a flash

>Le Max 2 works on all LTE bands with T-Mobile

GIVE ME THE PHONE

finally a good chink memephone for americans

Well I dunno why I ever trusted the black man unboxing it. He said it was 4g, but also implied it could have been HSPA, that it wasn't nessecarily LTE. He said that two months ago and never responded back with the correct record.

Anyways, heres to waiting for an official U.S release/black friday whichever comes first.

Kek
Nexus 5x has a really good camera

Who SE master race here.

I really hope it gets prolonged support. That'll at least start to justify the HTC tax it'll have.

>640x1136

My LG G4 got stuck in a boot loop last night. Hold me Cred Forums

K6000 pro, or redmi 3?

They're roughly the same price for me

K6000pro has a weak cpu ~ it's okay for dialling and light browsing though. Redmi 3 should have more potential. Maybe wait and safe up a little for a vibe p2 if you want that battery life?

What's a good Android music player? I'm coming from Clip+ with Rockbox. I love the amount of features and format support, but want to try something more touchscreen and bluetooth.

Some things I'd like to have:
- Can shuffle the playlist, see the next few tracks coming up and rearrange them if I want
- Insert (modifying the playlist) & queue (play this next but don't play it again at this point next time through the playlist)
- Browse and search by genre, album, artist..., and folder
- Lists when browsing are normal lists, not giant tiles with album art and cut-off text
- 'Enhancements' like crossfade are nice
- Lockscreen/homescreen widget

I use BlackPlayer.

Mewtu

Poweramp.

My Nexus 5's screen is broken. I want to get the replacement part (whole front) Does anyone know what's the exact part number and how much I should be paying for it?

The problem isn't saving up, I could save up for an iPhone or note 7 and it wouldn't take take long. Maybe a month if I start from $0.

The problem is how much I'm willing to spend on a smartphone.
I bought a flagship once and it was way overkill.

Just set up my Blu R1 HD. What are some good memey apps / launcher / lock screen things to get? I already got Clover.

Someone recommend a reliable seller, aliexpress or gaybeast? I want the xiameme mi5 but I want a reliable seller, don't want to get chinked.

Redmeme is the best all round, the other is mainly for if you REALLY need a fuckton of battery

nexus 6p is a beautiful phone breh, great choice. I don't see how it would do you any wrong.

>beautiful iphone 5s-like design
>great camera
>great front speakers
>superb screen
>updates

But it is fast enough for non gaming shit like clover and texting?

Should have just repaired it yourself... Tons of videos on youtube for it.

jailbroken pink SE here

They could make it work somehow.

Just switched to galaxy, Apple had weatherboard for animated weather on my home screen, made it comfy, anything like that for android?

Mi5s Plus presentation when?

There are so many phones coming out. How am I supposed to keep up?

I take to google and look for budget phones, get recommended the usual one plus x and moto g stuff, then come here and get enlightened about all these chink phones.

I've been thinking about moving to the nightly branch of CM builds for the RN3P. Is it reasonably stable like the snapshot branch?

What's a good cheap phone with decent camera quality its the price?

FAG
A
G

I'm afraid all these rumors about the smaller pixel being at 650 USD will turn out true, like fuck that that man.
I'd probably go with a Nexus 6p or OnePlus 3 if it does turn out that way next week.

what's the DAC like in the Nexus 6p? I listen to lots of music while at work.

Should I get a phablet to use for shitposting instead of an actual tablet?

I'm planning on getting an Z5C for daily use, so I would not need the phablet to work with a specific carrier.

lel, mi 5s looks like an iphone

phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-outs-Mi-5s-and-5s-Plus-Snapdragon-821-ultrasonic-finger-scanner-and-dual-camera_id85859

Vibe p2 is by far not a flagship but has 5000mah and will be the only decent specced big ads battery phone.
Well yes.
Never had problems with gays.
At kimovil you can search phones with filters and there are many Chinkphone news websites like gizmochina.
Average but should be enough. Prepare to buy a power bank.
You know why Apple can't do a lawsuit against all to 'iPhone clones'?
[spoiler]Apple stole the design elements themselve.[/spoiler]

>You know why Apple can't do a lawsuit against all to 'iPhone clones'?
>[spoiler]Apple stole the design elements themselve.[/spoiler]

I was just pointing out the resemblance user. I don't give a fuck if anyone complains about the design and how it looks. I personally like it that they ditched the glass back. I fucking hate glass.

>5.5"
>720x1280
>340 DPI
is this bad thing?

>500 burger bux
It has only 1 year of official feature updates left. It might've been a better choice to spend an extra 150 for another year of updates.

The exploit for s-off is kept secret and is also made to be idiot proof. Public methods for s-off for older htc phones have a really good chance to hard brick a phone.

I need advice.
Ive been a spastic and purchased a phone without checking it out thoroughly first.
Turns out the IMEI is blocked and the service povider says they cant do anything about it!
is it possible for me to change the IMEI number?

its an iPhone 6 plus and im in australia.

Give it back Bruce.

>great camera
TIDUSLAUGHING.WEBM

Mate wish i could give it back.
tried that path and youd be surprised that i cant get in contact with the guy who sold me it.

>youd be surprised that i cant get in contact with the guy who sold me it.
no, not really

is it possible though? or do i have a very expensive ipod touch now....

I know it possible through illegitimate means. I don't have the info you need to do this however.

HTC10 would be perfect

Das me, might sell and get a mi5 if they go below 250 though

Legit question here: is there a better phone camera than the s7 out there? And is the note 7 worth the price tag?

Need a new phone, been thinking about getting the HTC10 or the Galaxy S7, can some kind user give me pro's/con's for each? This will be my first Android.

We had this thousand times. If you're into flashing a custom rom to update it further after the company dropped support (to use it for about 3 years) - htc 10.
If you use your phone to take wedding pictures and get a new phone after 12-18 months - Samsung.

Samsung is infamous for a bloaty and ugly UI called touchjizz that shits all over phone performance, I'd recommend HTC10 or Oneplus 3 if you don't mind no expandable storage in return for a larger screen and a better price

Not a legit question.
>1+3
>larger screen
And worse screen. Pentile is really bad.
If he wants to go cheap he'd get a ZUK Z2 or Mi5.

So the aliexpress seller just added tracking info for dhl from China to UK. The DHL tracking info says '4 pieces'.

What did he mean by this? It's supposed to be a phone.

Whups?

you gotta assemble it

I'm just a bit paranoid because I'm a aliexpress virgin. I just want my RN3P in one peaces.

>We had this thousand times
I assumed you guys would, sorry.
>and get a new phone after 12-18 months
Definitely want it to last longer than that.
Thanks HTC then. A friend told me it had an overheating issue or something though?

How is that not a legit question? I'm hesitating to buy an s7 or note, but if there's a cheaper alternative with a camera that's as good/better, I'll go for that.

Nah buillshit
There are some overheating reports after charging it with with other brands quickchargers (a bad idea in general).
Worthiness is up to you and the camera is the best together with the p9 if I remember correctly.

I asked yesterday for a phone and I'll get Xiami Redmi Pro 3, since I just got a notification from Samsung and my S4 mini died. So new phone time.

Holy moly, the Xiaomi Mi5s seems to be a monster smartphone.

But now it is official that it doesn't feature the 4G band 20.

>still misses the kernel sources for now

But I have no doubt that xda will pick that phone up and create a rom for it.

I like that they ditched the fucking glass back.

>Nah buillshit
Good my "friend" is a thinks he knows it all faggot.

Icons look like shit

It's best to have a small phone and a tablet than a bigass phablet :

- Phone is small and easy to use and put into ur pockets
- Tablet is big whih is good for videos, shitposting and working
- Double battery

I just installed Cyanogenmod on the RN3P, there's no risk with installing the Cyanogen nightley updated, right?

Not at all, the only one with a ''useful'' curve was the Note Edge, the ones in the rest of the curved phones have so little screen that you just can't do anything with it, it's absolutely pointless.

They are generally very low quality phones no matter the hardware.
Shit support, shit build quality, no ROM community due to all the phones using Mediatek, no updates.

Seriously, avoid that brand, there's much better ones.

>will g4play be the next phone of Cred Forums?
Fuck no, chinkphones have made Moto G's irrelevant.

>muuh chinkphones

Suck it up Cred Forums-tards, every phone is assembled in China.

There is no other option for you tards left other than buying Apple.

>apple
>not manufactured in China

>still no SD

Fucking why

>every phone is assembled in China.
>There is no other option for you tards left other than buying Apple.

What did he mean by this?

Proud chinkphone owners: du you run the stock rom, or do you flash stuff like CM?

If you don't, what are the most enjoyable chink UI? MIUI for example?

Redmi Note 3 Pro here, flashed Cyanogen because fucking MIUI didn't let me move apps to the SD due to ''performance issues'' despite the fact that all my apps are now moved to the SD and they work perfectly.

Flashed Resurrection Remix.

yes, senpai

I'm sticking with miui. My first RN3P stopped charging after a few flashes.

Not him but what are some non shitty android tablet out there that gets updates? It seems like apple has the tablet market on lockdown. The ipad looks good, I think I can handle iOS on a tablet (but not on a phone desu)

Nvidia shield K1

For 200 bucks you have a beast running marshmallow.

It is geared towards gamers, but non gamers like it too since it's stock android. It's the nexus 7 spiritual son.

expertreviews.co.uk/nvidia/nvidia-shield-tablet

So I was given a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua a few days ago and the thing is pretty beat up. Thinking of using it as a temporary DD for a month or so; I just need to replace the front, back and bezel.

Thoughts?

Not really worth the effort imo. Just get a ZUK Z2 and use the m4 during the delivery period.

Best phone for $300 or under in the US? Strongly prefer something with a microSD slot.

how bad is the redmi 3 camera? is there an alternative to redmi 3 with a better cam in the same price range ?

Huawei P8

At low prices they always sacrifice the cam.

An alternative at the same price would be the huawei p8 lite

Help out a newbie:

Is the Samsung Galaxy S4 worth it and is the i9505 better than the i9500?

Would a Nexus be better?

>Would a Nexus be better?

Yes.

What's the best hi-def screen low cost phone?

>reviewers shamed this phone for having 2 hours of SOT
Literally how?

Honor 8 btw

they probably have the brightness at maximum, gps on, bluetooth on, lte on while running some antutu benchmark tests.

interesting, also has a good xda community running. Thanks for the tip.

>Tfw no fingerprint compact in USA

Honor 8

Why the fuck would they factor in benchmarks?

Helo Huawei shill

My friend has bought LG G5 a month ago, it takes fucking forever (like upwards to 10 seconds) to turn on the screen when pressing the power button or double tapping the screen when it wasn't turned on for 10 seconds or more (if you lock/unlock it constantly, it's instantly, but after "resting" it does this shit), he gave the phone to the warranty repair the first day he got it, but after 3 weeks of ass-scratching they said they haven't found any problem with it, so he took it back and it's completely the same
Also in the day he owned the phone he said it drained the battery to shutting off in like 6 hours he wasn't near the phone
Is this maybe a known problem or what the shit ?

>what is shitposting

I have no idea m8. It was just an assumption on my part. I never understood what those people do with their phones to drain them in one day with a low SOT.

Can confirm. Best non-AMOLED screen out there.

You own all non-AMOLED screens? *o*

>What is watching reviews
Also let me rephrase: Best non-AMOLED display in this price range.

should i keep android 6 on my lgg3 or go some mod

Samsung Galaxy A3 or J5?

I just need a new smartphone that is better than my HTC One X and cheaper. I won't use it to play games (except something like Pokemon Go) and i dont give a shit about gyroscope.

I want to get the J5 because it is cheaper and i don't see what would justify to pay ~100$ more for the A3?

Is there anything i am missing?

follow ur heart nig

HTC 10 gets warm charging and under stress but the metal body will disperse heat pretty good, and QC3.0 gives you like 60% in 30 minutes so you can minimize plugged-in time.

Take it to a repair shop..? lol.

Redmi 3s Prime. newer GPU and better SoC.

Huawei 5C(5") or 5X(5.5").

LG a shit.

J5.

are flagships a meme these days?

i also have a lgg3

what should i replace it with? back button placement is really nice and the screen quality is great

Ye get a ZUK Z2 or Mi5

Could you give me some arguments for the J5 and againt the A3 at least?

I just want to make sure i didn't miss anything important.

>Country
Philippines
>Network
Globe

Thoughts on the Huawei P9? I was thinking of getting it on a plan.

I want
>minimal lag
>decent camera
>a fucking warranty

>Samsung phones
>top tier hardware, specs, waterproofing, design
>proceed to shit all over it with touchjizz

Why do they do this?

autism

Apple of Android

What did you mean by this?

They are both shit.

Galaxy A3
>Snapdragon 410
>1.5GB RAM
>2300mAh
>4.7"
Fucking disgusting.

Samsung Galaxy J5
>Snapdragon 410
>2GB RAM
>3100mAh
>5.2"

The J5 is less shit, that's all. same specs as Moto G4 Play but with lagwizz on top of it.

Lads should I get a 6p or OP3
>6p 32gb 390€
>OP3 399€

Current phone nexus 4 and I like the nexus versatility

They have literally nothing to lose by improving it or dropping it altogether, they don't have some super trendy image to keep up with their UI or anything.

Excellent phone which matches your criteria

Only downside might be EMUI, some people don't like it. If you don't like it just change the launcher.

How is the new Blu Life One X2 phone in comparison to the new Moto g4 play and an old S4 which I currently have?

an average person doesn't even know what touchjizz is.

>with a plan
Do not do this unless you literally cannot afford just buying a phone elsewhere straight-up

>Cred Forums - Normies

The Blu is much better.

if the pixels are shit I'll be asking the same question to myself.

I guess the 6P due to the OP3 not so good display. Of course it's all hearsay, I'd like to see pictures or even better try the 2 phones

I think the 617 chip is technically faster, but the 410 probably won't overheat on you plus the X2 comes with better features and a better fingerprint scanner than the MotoG4+

I have tried the 6p and liked it but I don't know anybody who owns an OP3 so would be impossible to try it without buying which would probably lead me to choose the 6p.

However there is still a chance that google actually delivers because I remember that people were shitting all over the 6p before the release then they loved it

trying to argue about display is just pointless. you will get used to it after 3 days or so.

Phones in the Philippines are sold either by retailers with ridiculous markups or grey market resellers who don't offer a warranty (1 week exchange policy, service only warranty for a year).

For example the Huawei P9 is sold for P23,000 here, equivalent to $489+. With no warranty.

An LG G5 (another one of the options I was considering) is sold either for $583.33 by official retailers with an okay warranty policy, or for $414.58 by grey market resellers.

Personally I think for this phone a plan would be worth it, but I'm interested if the above phone information would change your view on getting a phone plan.

So is the Moto G4 better than the J5?

Because i really don't give a shit about much, i just want to occasionally watch youtube videos, make okay enough pictures, use whatsapp, play Pokemon Go and listen to music through headphones.

Aren't warranties covered by the phone manufacturers themselves, rather than the seller? Anyway, do the math and see if buying the phone straight out will cost more than the plan or not.

Opinions on Axon 7? Do you think it will last 1.5 years?

With a case and screen protector?
easy

The normal one, yes.

amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0

amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01LZHFSBC/

is teh mi5 plus worth it after nXus 6p ?

Yes. no US bands though.

Dunno whether it has custom roms or not. Get a Lenovo ZUK Z2

LG won't honor your warranty if it's from a grey market unit. I doubt Huawei will either. And yeah I crunched the numbers. For the P9 it will end up costing less. For the LG G5, I think it will end up costing more but barely. I'm still weighing my options but the P9 is standing out because it's free at a smaller plan.

P9 looks pretty good for you then

Anyone have the moto g4 play? How is it? Any regrets?

Just ordered my Redmeme Note 3 Pro from Tacoland.
Wish me luck, hope I don't have to pay taxes. I asked the seller to list it under $49 USD

I am now. Kind of hate iOS notification system in general. I can't wrap my head around a long list of single text notifications, no way to clear them off, and having to pan from homescreen to homescreen to check all my fucking apps for notifications.

That being said, the god damn thing actually works, reliably, and all day, unlike even the best Android phones.

>I asked the seller to list it under $49 USD
I'm thinking about getting one. Where did you order it from? How much did it cost?

What does the wavy thing next to my WiFi in status bar mean lads

aliexpress.com/item/Official-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-3i-pro-prime-special-Version-Smartphone-5-5-Inch/32717858702.html

4000 tacos cause I want DHL and the Tempered Film.

guessing it means the phone is set to vibrate, grandma

Kek thanks dear

>Seller Guarantees: On time delivery 60 days
Shit. Is it common for people to not get their order?

>Order closed
Why does this keep happening? It's the second fucking time.

>Look up a video review of a phone
>Thick Indian accent

Yeah trying to find a good review of the RN3P was fucking painful. It's such an awful accent to have to listen to.

Google Pixel Le Bezel

The iphone 6S has a 1900mA battery and lasts two days. It should be fine

android is not ios

>comparing battery size like a normie compares processor clocks

>comparing iphone and android battery sizes

NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop looking up poor people phones then lmao

Sent from my iPhone

Oneplus 3 or Axon 7?

and if Axon 7, where the fuck can I get it? I'm in the UK and amazon says they're currently unavailable.

does the 7 have anymore colours other than gold as it looks tacky imo

mi 5s

OP3 no contest

Really? Can I ask why?

Nice looking phone, whats good about it?

>shit display or shit software and camera
None.

good stats for 300 bucks.

Gearbest ZUK Z2
But preddy much everything is better than the onepoo 3

1000x better camera
better support
better stock OS

Well then suggest something else instead of being a grumpydump.

I want to buy an ASUS phone, a zenfone (nto sure if 3 or 2 tho), i was wondering if i could install Clover on it. Processor is AMD64.

Does anyone know it?

Zuk Z2 Pro or Mi5s

kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi5s,zuk-z2-pro

ZUK Z2 is cute 5" and has better battery life.

bump for non meme answer ?

Thinking about getting the OP3

Though everyone is shitting on the display, why is it so bad?

What's so atrocious about Pentile?

technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-s5-screen-wont-turn-problem/
Try what's in the comments about smacking the AMOLED screen a couple of times with the palm of your hand. It solved a problem with my S5 where the screen didn't turn on after pressing the power button after having survived a shitload of drops on the floor.

how's huawei p9?
can cop one for 380 euro.

Every day until the oneshills leave.

Anyone know the earphones that come with LG G5 ? Afaik, US carriers shaft you on your earphones, by just simply not giving them, but in Europe, the phone comes with earphones, want to compare them with the QuadBeat 3 I got with LG G4

Getting The Nexus 6p this week.

Note 4 is starting to Freeze and restart every couple hours or mins depends on how the bitch feels. Only had for a Year and a half. Soo im going to see if these Google phones are any good.

It's not bad at all unless you're putting your phone centimetres away from your eyes or use a magnifying glass to at your screen.

I have It and it's fine. I can't from a moto x 2013 and love It so far. First thing i did fkin m though was set It to srgb though.

I came from a moto xi meant**

Clover as in the Cred Forums app? Nigga you could install that on any Android phone??

What a huge piece of crap, 2016 really is disappointing

2016 is the year of the chinkphones, seriously.

It is stupid but you get a bigger screen and bigger battery buying the Edge S7

>Round fucking icons
FOR WHAT REASON ?

There will be classic themes.

Can I save this?

I don't get it

pls respon

I don't know what's your problem. There are weather live wallpapers weather widgets etc. Try them til you find the most appealing for you.

I don't know what they are called. The ones I looked up were just secondary screens.

You can literally put on a wallpaper that would do it, Samsung, at least for how much I've used them, always had weather widget on main screen that also showed current weather animation, also so did the whole lockscreen
You are really trying hard to not understand something about that, but I guess it's a given since you're coming from iPhone, best of luck

Shooped

Nice digits, though.

I know but if they used some weird library compiled in C it could be a problem with AMD64 processors

what does Cred Forums think about pic related?

I'm in the process of rooting my Moto X Play. So I already unlocked the bootloarder and I flashed the recovery but I'm unable to copy SuperSu.zip on the device. It shows in the file explorer as "XT1562" but I can't copy anything to it, it says "the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected"
I have the Moto drivers and it's the same result with USB debugging on and off

anyone else encountered something like this?

I mean its an overlay that makes it rain on the whole screen. I think you misunderstand what I want. I am not looking to show the sun and the temperature outside. I am looking to make my homescreen have rain on it.

Is this thread appropriate for stuff like Lenovos Yoga Book?

I'm really tempted to get something like that, basically a laptop that folds backwards into a tablet.

Are the windows 10 versions of these like the desktop versions?
I want one of these so that I can do my usual tablet stuff but also install this one software I use on my pc.

>Snapdragon 415
>not fhd
I hope it's less than 100 shekels

Why is the Data Usage screen so utterly shit on Android 5.0.1 compared to 4.1.2?
Can't even select a specific day on the 5 version or fucking anything really. How do I make it work at least as good as 4.1.2 and if that is not possible what do I use as an alternative? Where the fuck do I even restrict background data in this crap?
For now I am mainly interested in wifi data usage which shows properly on 4.1.2 bu is utter shit on 5.0.1

Honestly I don't feel the heat of the HTC10 at all since I have mine in a full body unicorn beetle case.
You want hot when charging? Use a Moto X Play with a Qualcomm 2.0 charger. That thing wigs out bigtime when it's quick charging too.
The HTC 10 doesnt.
I love this phone so damn much. It's get too 100% when charging so quickly, I can play games on it whilst charging.

My old G4 ddn't get too hot from QC2.0, but the HTC 10 gets a little warm from 3.0. I too have it in a case, but I'd rather feel some heat on my hands than have it bake the SoC.

Speaking of the 10, is there still not a good glass screen protector? I don't really want a polymer one. My G4 had such a good edge-to-edge one that I forgot it was there.

> the god damn thing actually works, reliably, and all day
Thank god.

Just ordered an SE for $280, and I couldn't be happier to hear that. I've been through several android phones, and there's always some hitch with receiving calls, MMSes, or what have you.
I need to be at least reachable for my job, and missed calls are not going to land me on my employer's good side.

Not to mention that it's only 4". That's going to be nice.

HTC 10s weakness is it's camera. But it's actually still pretty good since it's an ultra pixel one.
Indoor photos look really good in good lighting and outdoor photos are fine if a little dark.
(And of course if you take photos in the dark it's not going to look great no matter what camera you use)
It takes good selfie photos. Perhaps too good since it picks the pimples up on my nose.

If I buy an iPhone SE soon from Apple, will it still ship with iOS 9? Is there a chance I could jailbreak it?

Not being sarcastic, but why do people still jailbreak iPhones? I barely see the justification for rooting an Android device, especially since on both platforms it means you lose updates.

I don't jailbreak, but some reasons are:

>Cred Forums browser
>cheat in games
>hidden tethering
>customizing the UI

Personally, I don't think it's enough of a reason to.

What Xiaomi works best with T-Mobile?

>ssh
>fileexplorer
>data sharing the without iTunes

Starting at a reasonable price of 650 USD.

Deciding between the iphone 6s plus or the iphone 7. Does the 7 have any upgrades that are worth it?

>inb4 apple sucks
>atleast i´m not getting a samshit

There are SSH clients on the App Store, unless you're referring to SSHing into the phone itself.

>no headphone jack

yeah, thats kind of annoying although it wouldnt be a dealbreaker for me

The 128GB model is the same price for both of them, so I´m not sure if the new processor is worth it.
I´m favoring the iphone though, cause I need to compensate my dick with the enormous screen size

I'd get the 6s plus because of the headphone jack to be honest.

Processorpower is enough on both iterations, I highly doubt that you will notice any difference.

k thanks.
Getting the 6s plus then!

You can get a 64 gig 6s plus for about $520.
A 7 plus 32 gig is $780, 128 gig $880.

The 7 has all around hardware improvements, but obviously is missing the headphone jack, which means that you either need to get the adapter or lightning earbuds.

I personally don't think the jump from 6s 64 gig to 7 128 gig is worth $360.

where do you live bro
Here in Germany the 7 plus with 128 GB costs around 1000 dollars

He was implying that he's typing from his pre-recall S7 and it exploded (helpfully posting his comment at the same time).

S7 are getting recalled too ? I thought it was only a Note issue

870 fürs 6s plus ist ja schon viel, aber 1100 ist dann doch ein wenig krass

>I barely see the justification for rooting an Android device, especially since on both platforms it means you lose updates.

What?
I rooted my Android phone so I could get updates. If there's one problem with Android phones it's that carriers decide when you get the new version of Android.

Burgerland, bruder.

>ships 3-4 weeks

apples game was stronger once, wtf

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-pure-4g-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/4345700.p?skuId=4345700

Best Buy is selling the Moto X Pure 32GB for $250.

>black
>white
>white+bamboo

I bought one of these the last time they were on sale from B&H Photo. Other than not having a LED-based notification system, I have no regrets.

>would like that bamboo back tho

ja, aber mit Vertrag. Die lassen sich ja hardcore cucken was das angeht

It's unlocked, eurofriend.

They have you pick a carrier so they can show you plans where you pay every month and upgrade every 2 years.

Forgot pic.

but you still need to get the contract, dont you? Whats the point of it being unlocked if you need to pay the plan anyways

I dont get it, I´m dumb. So they just show you the contracts, but you dont need to get one? Or do you get an unlocked iphone but still need to pay the contract?

>40 $ a month for a fucking phone

And people really do this, they really do. Maybe it's because I'm poor but that's a fucking huge amount for a smartphone.

Yeah it is, but if you can afford it, why not? I wouldnt look down on someone if they got a cheaper phone, everyone should get what he needs/wants

It's just so they can show you stuff like "AT&T Next", or Verizon's subsidized contract.

Yeah, they show you the contracts because most plebs aren't going to have $900 to drop on a phone.
Looks like with the AT&T one, it's not unlocked. With this Verizon one, it's unlocked, but you are bound to pay the contract regardless.

I guess for some people it's imperative that they have the newest iPhone. It is a large amount, but some people really believe it's worth it.
I bought my iPhone for $280 on ebay, which over a projected 24 months of usage (last one lasted for 34), comes out to 11/month.

ahh, well thats actually pretty nice.
I think I can consider importing one from the US since I have friends that work at the airbase and they can order stuff without staying customs

I'd do it, don't know why they cuck you guys with higher prices?

I'm pretty sure it is. I don't get it then.

because we dont have TTIP yet.
Go TTIP!

Higher average earning power. If you convert the price into hours worked at average pay it's pretty similar.

Bump limit
New:

You can get a snapdragon 820 4/64gb ZUK Z2 for that amount of money.

Is it possible to load certain applications or functions to always be in active memory on Android?
Certain apps I use all the time, and it is frustrating when I have wait seconds for it to load up again when it exits active memory.
It would be convenient and a more enjoyable and productive experience if it was always ready for me, never leaving active memory.
Is this possible? How would this be done?

===

Is it technically possible to power a smartphone with a much larger Li-ion battery of like 5000+ mAh if it can properly link to the pin connectors?
The outer casing wouldn't fit, it wouldn't look pretty, and it wouldn't be portable, but would it otherwise technically work? Why wouldn't it work?
The reason I ask; I would like to leave my smartphone turned on downloading shit from the Internet for a long time in a location where a wall socket isn't available.
I'm wondering if it's possible to link a large battery to the smartphone so that it will run for a much longer time.

===

My computer connects to a wireless network and I am able to download content from the Internet. There is available a second wireless network, however. Is it possible for my computer to download content from the Internet by connecting to two wireless networks at the same time?

My Android smartphone for example. I go into the 'Wi-Fi' section and connect to a network. There are no options for connecting to two or more networks. It's one or nothing. Can someone explain to me why this just can't work? Is it at least technically possible?

>Is it possible to load certain applications or functions to always be in active memory on Android?
Yes, forgot how it was done though
>Is it technically possible to power a smartphone with a much larger Li-ion battery of like 5000+ mAh if it can properly link to the pin connectors?
Depends on how the battery control circuits of the phone work, some need batteries with special authentication chips
Aside from that there's nothing stopping larger capacities in phones, some manufacturers made special large batteries and backs for phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S4
>My computer connects to a wireless network and I am able to download content from the Internet. There is available a second wireless network, however. Is it possible for my computer to download content from the Internet by connecting to two wireless networks at the same time?
It's kind of possible, but usually a clusterfuck, not worth it since it hardly ever works well
Look into load balancing, and the Connectify software

>wasting all your time shitposting away from home so that you condition yourself to not work away from home
You should get a Kobo, download the books from pic related and read them. Git gud