/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128886
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128931&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GA-990X-_-13-128-931-_-Product
stackoverflow.com/questions/7349691/align-like-a-table-but-with-css
techwalla.com/articles/hdmi-switcher-problems
toptenreviews.com/electronics/tv/best-hdmi-switchers/
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
thingiverse.com/thing:919475
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMNoLM17p7ivn0zngZB1FqrSvK2bnjJ1M_QJgsK1Ty4/edit#gid=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Exchange_Server
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-video-downloader/
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
amazon.com/HP-110-1030NR-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002BH4N12
youtube.com/watch?v=M94ii6MVilw
samsclub.com/sams/lenovo-thinkpad-n22-11-6-laptop/prod20583878.ip?pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-4kyN_wRRabyRTBlrHtf3hw
tss.asenheim.org/
tss.asenheim.org
sven.de/dpi/
ebay.com/itm/Intel-SR1560SFHSNA-Server-2x-Intel-Xeon-L5420-2-5Ghz-16GB-ECC-DDR2-/172218702723?hash=item281908db83:g:KMMAAOSwNsdXRU5m#viTabs_0
ebay.com/itm/HP-ProLiant-SE1101-470064-917-Server-2x-L5420-QC-2-5GHz-16GB-MB-450054-001-/172210528496?hash=item28188c20f0:g:3ugAAOSwboVXO47F
ebay.com/itm/1U-Supermicro-x7dca-l-SC813MTQ-350CB-server-Xeon-L5420-2-5Ghz-16GB-ECC-DDR2-/172218685102?hash=item28190896ae:g:PcoAAOSwBw5XRUUS
guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
howtogeek.com/265054/how-to-easily-reinstall-windows-10-without-the-bloatware/
tomshardware.com/faq/id-1923415/install-windows-3tb-4tb-larger-hdd.html
wiki.debian.org/DualBoot/Windows10
groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927525
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How dare you post my waifu

Also, what would be the cons of going back to win 7 from win10?

When my antivirus was trying to delete my viruses it crashed when it was close to finishing, then when I clicked the start button to try and find it again the start menu froze and an error came up saying "windows explorer is not working" at which point I panicked and turned off my PC at the power button. Was this a bad idea?

Julia pls to marry me

repostan:

I wish I could open links from the browser straight into a program/terminal with a set of parameters. How can I do this, preferably on firefox?

If I mount a nexus 7 in my car will the heat kill it?

It's common to have 100f / 37c temperatures where I live.

thank you for your time.

>pic unrelated

Is sleep mode disabled in android x86?

The power button just brings up the power menu and if I change the sleep timer the device just turns off when it's supposed to sleep.

I'm gonna build a gaming pc soon, and I'm probably gonna buy a 1080p 60 Hz monitor.

But I'm not sure sure what to go for with the response speed, is anything faster than 5 ms even worth it? I'm probably gonna play stuff that requires fast reaction, but that's not gonna be the focus.

I'm a proud user of Windows 7 since the day it's come out, been using it since, just today I upgraded to Windows 10, after a few hours dinking around, testing some games/benchmarks, I decided it wasn't for me and I went back to Windows 7. Windows 10 broke my computer guys. After having the first installation of Windows 7 via OEM disk freeze (which has NEVER happened to me before with any Windows OS Installation), I tried it again and it worked, however, I had to manually download my internet driver via USB, Windows Update is literally broken, I've tried multiple hot fixes from MS, all to no avail. Windows Update just hangs on "Checking for updates.." and maybe after a good 3 hours it will say it failed. Running a MS hotfix diagnosis says the "server registration is missing or corrupt" - however both services are running and functioning OK....so yeah.

Also, it seems impossible to install graphics drivers, I will also blame this upon Windows 10 as I had subtle yet noticeable problems with Windows 10. My graphics card should say AMD Radeon HD 7770 in Dxdiag, instead there's "AMD AtomBios" which I've never seen before in my life. I've tried multiple AMD installs and drivers, all to no avail, some say install failed, some say it finished yet no drivers appear to be installed any where.

Windows 10 broke my computer. Any help is greatly appreciated...I'd hate to have to re-install AGAIN and hope it installs 100% correctly...

Thank you.

Specs:

Windows 7 home prem 64bit SP1
8gb ram
AMD Radeon HD 7770
Gigabyte 990fx-ud3 extreme mobo

windows explorer shitting itself is easily recoverable, so yes it was.

>60hz
>gaming
144 you sperg
tn too

>android x86
why

Use the catalog, you fucking moron

>why

Just experimenting. Is there something wrong with it? It runs great on my laptop/tablet (dual boot) except for the no sleep issue.

>pic related

on a different bay trail based device I tested it on it was a buggy POS though.

My phone SD card got corrupted. I tried mounting it on my PC but get a 'The volume does not contain a recognized file system.' and 'You need to format the disk before you can use it'
Is there any way to browse through it? I'd like to try and save some of the images I took on it.

How far behind is the GTX 560? Or can I expect it to still perform well?

I want to do lewd things to her.

Recuva.

When flashing a new rom, how do I keep my app and app data?
Is there a box i can check in TWRP recovery to backup and restore just app and app data?

Can I use the /sci/ guide to get into programming?

Okay so my computer hasn't been turning on (cpu fans not going on etc) until I erased the RTC RAM. After this, the computer started to respond when I pushed the power button on my case, however I do not get any VGA signal.

I believe my problem was because in the manual, I removed the cap on the CLRTC jumper. I have put the jumper back in its original position, but I still cannot start up and get a connection on the screen, only power through the system. I have posted before once, so I know it's possible

Or am I permanently fucked for removing the cap? plz respond

Would I be be a mad man if I put a function in my while loop's condition?

Example.
while(someMathFunction(variable) != 5) {
some other statements;
}

double someMathFunction(double variable) {
cin >> variable;
return variable;
}

Would I also be a mad man if I used a function within functions?

Don't think you can nest functions. At least I've never been crazy enough to try.

Right. I swapped out the motherboard and graphics card of my PC with new ones because of a huge clusterfuck of problems. But one persisting issue is that my downloads seem to arbitratily stop regardless of file size. My other devices that are connected to the network are able to download files just fine except for the PC that just had new hardware installed and with a fresh install of Windows 7 + drivers.

One thing I notice is that when I use the PC to log into my router to check QoS settings it fucking crashes and reboots. But my other devices can do it just fine. Does this mean I'm going to have to replace my router as well?

that's not the router, that's something with your network card for that comp with the new hardware

have you tried getting into the router using a different browser?

Did you format first?

Router is irrelevant on this one.

Reinstall network drivers, use 3DPN if you have problem finding the drivers.

From what card to what card you changed? PSU and age,

Not yet. But as I was waiting for a response my PC has been randomly rebooting trying to download and install Windows updates which seems to be getting stuck at non-specific percentages. I've installed the essential updates provided at pastebin.com/quC0gz4j before trying to install further updates.

I was hoping that replacing the motherboard would resolve the networking issues and crashes but that doesn't appear to be the case.

is your comp plugged into the router? try a different port on the router

I have replaced an R9 290X with an RX460 because a driver update for the former fucked up my original PC setup before all these problems started happening.

I replaced the old Asus Sabretooth 990FX with a Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI to see if it resolved the networking issues

Processor is an AMD FX 4350 which I have had for maybe 2-3 years now

Don't listen to that retard its obviously an IO problem, your disk is probably bad, check the smart data.

Yes. It is normally hooked through via ethernet cable. I was even desperate enough to purchase a wireless USB adapter to see if would make any difference. (It did not)

Download and run HD Tune Pro and post SMART data.

what else is connected to the router and are you absolutely positive they are all fine? can you try downloading a large file on another device

what's a good mobo and cooler for a 5820K?

this cpu will be under constant use, computing 24/7 pretty much.

has to fit 128GB of RAM in there as well

Are you mentally disabled?
Legitimate question.

I kinda suspected that. But somewhere along the way I forgot that it might be the case.

Now that I look back: Despite the graphics drivers crashing my previous PC setup, it still maintained networking capabilities in safe mode. I got a new hard drive to do a fresh Windows 7 install because I did not want to lose the data I had despite the graphics driver crashes. (And inability to remove them) If the hard disk was bad (Lets assume that it was from the very beginning) is there a way in which I can restore it? (Would formatting it not be enough?)

The old setup used a WD Caviar Blue which was solid, this new one with all these networking and crashes was a WD Caviar Black if that's any indication of anything.

user by any chance you got a motherboard with a Killer E2200 ethernet?

If you did, that is the problem, RMA and get another motherboard without it.

- updates breaking some features
- no updates
- security related bugs
- new programs may be incompatible at one point
- no newest DirectX if you give a fuck about games

Don't worry, just install gentoo

Use wget in your script and regular expressions to grab links in a html file?
I don't have an idea on doing this using GUI.

Check the technical specs, but I think you won't really know until you try.
Maybe mount some cheap chinkphone instead?

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128886
>Killerâ„¢ E2200 series Gaming Networks
Yes you did, your ethernet port is pretty much kill.

Either change the motherboard or get a PCIe ethernet card.

oh look he has a new hd, faggot

plug directly into the modem and see if your network still shits out and your comp crashes

look around in your system logs too while you're at it and see if it's giving weird errors

>Why E2200 is bad?
Its a piece of shit that fails all the time, just google E2200 problems.

Stop acting like a kid.
Global Rule 2.

You are still a fucking moron, a network failure isn't going to cause his computer to fucking lock up.

The fact that you draw that kind of conclusion in the first place shows that you have a fundamental lack of understanding about how an operating system interacts with hardware.

How much money do you wanna spend?
>Not a lot
ASUS X99A and NH-D15.

>ASUS X99A and NH-D15.

thanks. i think those will do

what would extra money get me exactly?

This is the replacement mobo I got (990X):
>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128931&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GA-990X-_-13-128-931-_-Product
(Intel GbE LAN)

My laptop is connected wirelessly to the router and can download files, even large ones just fine.

Pic related. I am currently doing an error scan. (Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I've virtually never done a SMART scan before)

Thanks for all your help so far everyone. This has been going on for a while now, and I've gotten lots of support in previous threads.

Slight better overclocking.
Also i forgot to tell you, 5820k only supports 64GB RAM max.

Is windows update running in the background? that looks like a HDD about to fail.

How to get rid of this cancer?

Where?
New banners?

It's prompting me to install updates, but otherwise it is not running.

yes

uBlock Origin.
Also hi HUEanon.

Open task manager and check it svchosts.exe is running.

Or resource monitor and check what is using the HDD.

you can use ublock to block it with the element blocker, i have all the banners blocked because i'm sick of looking at them

I'm trying to figure out how to align my text as shown without having to use a , but text-justify and text-align don't seem to do what I want. anyone know how to do this?

Best part, that is not a banner, its an ad.

I am currently running an error scan in HD tune (Carried out after the previous screenshot) so that's why the read value is quite high.

supposedly it does support 128GB though.

googling "5820k 128GB" people have gotten 8x16GB DDR4 sticks to work on it no problem

but i don't really know much about stuff like this, first time building a rig like this. so i'll keep reading. looking for the cheapest CPU that supports 128GB of RAM pretty much (obv it has to perform decently also).

>finally have windows 10 anniversary update forced upon me
>things freezing and things are slightly slower

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

WHY

I tried googling and it seems NOTHING helps. I disabled all of the everything as usual and it still handles like shit occasionally (but less so)

Help ;_;

Reinstall W7.

I need Win10 where I can actually have an opinion on le exclusives, not really an option as much as I'd love it.

Raid Size Mode

Average:
####

Best:
####

Worst:
###

Count:
#

.table-like {
display: table;
padding: 1px;
/*width: 500px;*/
}

.table-like div {
display: table-row;
}

.table-like div span {
display: table-cell;
padding-left:5px;
}

/* add borders */
.table-like,
.table-like div span {
border: 0px solid black;
}

/* bold on 1st row */
/*
.table-like div:nth-child(1) {
font-weight: bold;
}
*/

/* bold on 1st column */
/*
.table-like div span:nth-child(1) {
font-weight: bold;
}
*/

stackoverflow.com/questions/7349691/align-like-a-table-but-with-css

Do you have the little beep speaker on your mobo? If not, scavenge one and throw it on. Then remove your ram and see if it beeps. Then try doing one stick at a time until your display shows up. Your ram might just be bad.
I've removed that cap a. Couple of times and I have never had any issues.

Where do I get one? I've tried booting without ram (1 and 2 sticks in and out) and I still get the same issue.

Can someone help me make sense of this. Got a program for class I have to do in C++. It's a program on how to pay employees.
At one part he says to make a function to enter an number for tax deductions.

>Call a function which will return the number of deductions.
This function will ask the user to enter an integer number greater than or equal to 0 and less than 20. If the number entered is outside this range, the function prints an error message and loops back to repeat the prompt and read another number.

Then when it's time for the tax deductions to be caculated, he gives us this table.

<

I can't see where I would need the function earlier that enters a number for deductions if he justs gives us this.

Is there any way to see hidden links on fourms without registering or better throw away mail services that don't ask for phone numbers?

>- no updates
xp is still getting updatesdont bother replying just google around

mailinator
bloody vikings
10 minute mail

Guys, how does a motherboard hook up to front mounted plugs like USBs and stuff? The outlets on the back of the MoBo are actually exposed to the back of the tower, but how do the others connect?

good torrent sites for tv shows/cartoons? TPB has been shit the past few weeks

there are small cables that will run down from the front panel, they connect to pins on the mobo.

Will pretty much all mobos have a place to connect? I'm just worried about buying something without being 100% sure it will all work together. Thanks for the explanation, I know it's a pretty stupid question, I just have no experiential knowledge

As long as both the motherboard and the case have the phrase "atx" or some variant of it somewhere in the description u should be fine

what are the best programs to install on a fresh install of win7. antivirus,spyware and the like.

Thanks

What is the best budget tablet?

What is the best budget smartphone?

Where can I learn about anonymity and security on the internet, don't want to do any shady shit just want to protect myself from potential malicious attacks, thanks

can you transfer a titanium batch backup from android to laptop?

>10 minute mail
Tried this for multiple sites and I get nothing.
>mailinator
The fourm I'm trying to see bans these emails before creation apparently. I also tried maildrop and anonbox and I still get nothing same as 10minute mail. Is it always like this, trial and erroring throw away emails until one works?

some places have caught on to throwaways, you may just have to go to the trouble of making a personal trash@gmail account.

??

Are the xserver-xorg-video-Intel drivers just shit under ubuntu? I have a think pad x201 and there are all sorts of minor graphical problems. Anyone know of a solution short of setting up uxa in xorg.conf? Even that has some issues with scrolling for some reason

what's a good alternative to youtube that doesn't use javascript? for toring...

Why is it that VGA (Analog) KVM switches are cheaper than DVI or HDMI (digital)

How can I rip the PDF from this google drive?

I tried saving the page on my desktop and looking inside the folder, but it wasn't there

Have you tried the [spoiler]download button[/spoiler] ?

Got a new mobo with an M.2 slot built in; the device in SATA 1 doesn't work when an M.2 card is plugged in. Is this a thing that happens or am I doing something wrong?

Depending on your workload you can use an older dual or quad socket Xeon board, LGAs 1366 and 1567 are pretty good $:performance on the second hand market and you can load them with shitloads of cheap DDR3 RDIMMs.

>enable cookies
>refresh
>download button appears

fuck

thanks man

What framework is it that I can hit ctrl-s in sublime and it auto-refreshes the web page on my second monitor?

how do you make a GUI anyways

generally with a framework that specializes in GUI's, like GTK, QT, there's others.

I'm trying to remove Dolphin from my computer running Ubuntu. I built a specific version of it from source, but I want to get rid of it. No matter what I remove, typing "dolphin-emu" in the terminal still opens the fucking thing. When I install the newer version using apt-get, it doesn't show up when I search for in in GNOME. Google isn't giving me shit. All i want is the old version gone, and the new version to show up when I search for it.

ninite

Needing to pass through HDCP probably.

Youtube doesn't have alternatives, it's like 93% of the video output on the internet. Just find a different way of watching it.

How can i get an email id ending in .edu?

Go to school.

Try 'make uninstall' or similar in the folder where you built it

Pls help building computer fans turining on but nothing else working pls help me am I miss any wiring????

best alternative to Calibre for ebook management? hate how bloaty it feels and i'm tired as fuck of it's clunky shit UI

Clover is acting screwy with me when it comes to posting images from certain folders.

If it is recent it will post because I can select it from the "recent" options. Otherwise even if I recently save to a folder, it will arbitrarily choose which images it will allow me to preview to attach to a Clover post.

Pic related. The first half of the pic is what I see if I tap the attachment option for an image/video file. The second half is what I see if I open my gallery of that same folder.

Obviously my pictures are still there.

Are there any Cred Forums recommended and/or meme webcams that are pretty cheap? I'm looking to replace my shit one from like 2006.

sup Cred Forums,
Which 4/app chan X is the best ?

I previously used ccd0's, but since I have a fresh install, I was wondering if I should change or not.

Is there a way to make a bootable USB drive with more than one OS on it? I have a bunch of 16gb ones lying around and I want to put some different systems on there, but I don't want to waste almost all the storage by having only a 1gb OS on it

why yahoo is always getting hacked?

There are ways using RMPrepUSB, but it's fairly difficult, doesn't work with all OSes, and how you have to set it up varies by OS.

I haven't seen something JS-free, but things like savefrom.net take a Youtube URL and return a direct link to Youtube's servers, giving you a plain old .mp4 file. Someone could write one that uses plain HTML+CSS pages to interact with the user, if such a service doesn't already exist. It could even harvest the related videos links off the Youtube page and present them to the user along with the MP4 link.

DVI doesn't do HDCP though. And what's to pass through, aren't these things just devices to connect one bunch of wires or another? I mean, it does about the same as plugging and unplugging a bunch of cables to switch between them.

>DVI doesn't do HDCP though.
while the dvi standard doesn't include it, you can still send an hdcp signal over dvi

(naturally, the display still needs to support HDCP, many late DVI computer monitors do)

DVI does do HDCP. HDMI and DVI are interchangeable standards, aside from audio of course. And that's one reason any type of splitter is a PITA for hdmi, probably requires licensing the content protection keys, and has a high likelihood of not working reliably.

But this isn't a splitter. It's a box that selects between multiple HDMI cables coming in, and connects one of them directly to the output. It doesn't need to touch the signal or care about what format, protocol, or copy protection it may or may not have.

If you can make an HDMI right angle adapter without an HDCP license, you ought to be able to make a basic KVM without one too.

Of course there are some fancier ones that overlay labels on the output or support tiling multiple inputs scaled down on the screen at once. Those would obviously need to act as an HDMI/DVI display to each PC, then encode a new signal going to the actual monitor. But the basic sort that just uses a hardware switch to connect one set of wires through or another should not be much tougher to make than a VGA model that does the same.

his argument is that a KVM only needs to physically wire one input to one of many outputs

since it's one to one with no transformations, all that is needed is to physically connect the wires together, no logic used at all

If it was connecting one HDMI source to multiple monitors, then it might get into trouble if HDCP is used. But this is selecting one input, disconnecting the other, and connecting this.

If HDCP does not interfere with yanking the wire and connecting a different one, it won't interfere with this.

>it's fairly difficult, doesn't work with all OSes, and how you have to set it up varies by OS.

that's what i said, /one/ of many outputs (and later "one to one")

just use grub

At any rate HDMI is a picky standard. If you're off by a little bit, it just stops working, and it doesn't take much resistance in the line to fuck it up, especially with the newer revisions. I can totally see a switch in either direction costing more than VGA to produce correctly.

Every new directx is slower. I open Devil may cry 4 (normal edition) with directx 10 and I have 5 fps less than in 9. Only in some (((benchmark))) games with high-end video cards newer is faster.

so you reckon it's likely the need for higher quality parts that is doing it?

it makes sense, VGA being an analog format, could be wired up with coat hangers and the worst that'd happen is a slightly degraded picture, with digital it's all-or-nothing (aka, the "digital brickwall")

you probably forgot the 4pin CPU power

Bought an Rx 480 about a week ago and I'm somewhat unimpressed with the performance. I thought I would be getting near High/Ultra performance at 1080p on modern games but in WoW I can't even get a steady 60fps under medium settings. Am I doing something wrong here or did I fall for a meme? Rocking a 4690k and 16GB of ram so I don't think my system is bottlenecking or anything.

Yes. Also I think your assumption that a switcher can just werk like physically swapping cables is misguided. In general it really doesn't work like that, and a dedicated hdcp mechanism usually has to be built in. If it really was as simple as you're imagining, it wouldn't matter if you used an old switcher for something like a hdmi 2.2 connection, but in practice HDMI is a picky SOB, and getting pickier every generation.

techwalla.com/articles/hdmi-switcher-problems

toptenreviews.com/electronics/tv/best-hdmi-switchers/

If I wanted to install win10 botnet on my current 8.1 Botnet, how would I go about that now that the free upgrade is gone?

>wow
Wow that's your answer. It's sadly a poorly optimized piece of garbage that I still love and play even though it runs like shit half the time even though I have an 8350, a gtx 970 and also 16gigs of ram.

pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

or

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Damn bro, that sucks. I'll literally be getting over 100fps and then as soon as I aggro a single mob or go into a town my fps drops tremendously, sometimes even around 30 for extended periods of time.

I'm in the market for a laser printer. I'm going to be looking for one with a scanner/copier/auto-document feed/auto-duplex. Color too, if it's affordable enough. Anything you guys would suggest? Stuff to keep an eye out for, to avoid, to prefer? Are there any potential downsides to cheap 3rd party toner cartridges like there are with inkjets(clogged print-heads and DRM chips, etc)?

What the hell is that creature???

Female bodybuilder.

Whenever I find myself thinking that, I start a fap, and then realize it's better cause it's wrong.

If I sign into Windows 10 applications like Xbox or Windows store,
does it sign-in to the individual application (like Steam),
or will it be some sort of global sign-in (associating a windows account with my local account)?

Nephew got Forza Horizon 3 on Xbone and wants give it a shot on PC.
I use a local offline account and only interested in trying if his account signs in on a per app basis.

Sup Cred Forums

I'm setting up my first server on an old laptop, just to use as a Vpn and as a cloud service using seafile.

I've read the wiki, and I just want to make sure that it'll be secure if I do everything it says- keypads, user login, fail2ban

Is there anything I'm missing/overlooking?

How do I play mp3 files on Linux?

>go to shit tier cs school
>we're learning java
>its prajeetistan

What have u done

What torrent client should I use Cred Forums? Transmission keeps fucking up on both Windows and Linux.

Windows media player

How do I get the info about svchost program I get in the task manager?

Also, I have this mac book pro (2011ish) i want to get windows 7 on it to use for autocad, but can not decide if it's better to run a vm on itnor to duel boot, enlighten me plz

Thanks

Use 'play' from the sox package if you just want to play a single mp3.
Use cmus if you wan't a media player for music or something.
Use vlc or something if you want a GUI.

If you're using a normal distro (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.) then just doubleclick it, the default desktop environment will have a media player. At worst it'll tell you to install a specific package that's required for mp3 decoding.
If you're using a distro aimed at servers or advanced users (Debian, Gentoo, even Arch) then you're supposed to know what you're doing, so most likely you've listened to Cred Forums and installed something completely unsuited to your needs. Why would you ever listen to Cred Forums?

So I use my Hotmail account to sync my contacts and calendar info to my Nexus 5, which worked fine for ages. However today there was some update and now it only syncs email. What's going on here?

how to i make the tmpfs created by the gentoo live cd larger. It only takes up 1/2 of my ram, and because I'm installing it on an iBook, thats 256mb. Not enough to download and extract the stage3 tarball. My chink ram for it will be here in a month, but i want to get this installed before then.

download and extract it on the hdd, not /tmp

Thanks, I'm retarded and slightly drunk. Decided to install a GNU/Linux OS besides ubuntu to mess with so i bought a toy laptop.

i'm selling my gtx 960 2gb, is trading it for 16gb of gskill ripjaws 1866 ram plus $50 cash a good deal?

i live in canada so the prices are higher, i payed 280 for it a year and a half ago

Definitely dual boot, or buy the mac version if you're not a poorfag

lets say I'm thinking about starting a website like upwork here on my country.

What tools do I need to handle the server side of things? Database stuff? Do I need to buy the hardware for it or I can just rent someone's server to handle it?

eh not really

Is DOOM a Cred Forums approved video game?

Best browser for an underpowered Windows XP running machine?
Midori and Quipzilla run like crap and give me error messages on startup.

Hardware wise depending on your server load you can just rent a VPS

Thank-you man. I will need to look for investors then.

The website is done already, database and all. I'm just looking for a way to host it. First time I'm dealing with a personal project as big as this, but money wise I'm on an all times low.

Hopefuly this might help some people since my country is going through some shit. Everyone is doing freelance here nowadays.

If I have static IP at home and accesing VPN in work, can anyone see the traffic or block it? Thanks in advance

best OS for acestream and animu? gonna downsize my SSD and 60GB for w10 seems a bit low.

I want a good vidya card for under £300, sapphire Rx 480 8gb is currently top pick but I know people here think it's shit I wanna know why? What's a better card?

You might look into AWS, you can can start with free tier and scale it up as needed pretty easily.

Well it's between the 480 and the 1060, mostly just depends on whether your prefer red or green flavor.

The VPN exit can see the traffic normally
Its pretty easy to block traffic to a static IP if they wanted to

Would it be a bad idea to become a police officer? :(

have fun

if it's a pre-G4 ibook you should also dualboot mac os 9.2.2 just for the hell of it

Is a Raspberry Pi (3 if that matters) enough to power up an external HDD through an USB port, or do I need to use one that connects to AC?

With a proper power supply for the pi it can power 2.5" mobile hard drive but for a full size drive you'll need external power.

depends

Alright, thanks.

Depends on what?

I am, and its the last gen 1.33 Ghz one. It CAN boot OS9 with a modded install, but i dont care enough to do that because i already have OS9 on my TiBook and gigabit tower.

Just got my own 3D printer (Not one borrowed from work), what's something big and stupid for me to print on it and timelapse?

a car

FINE

A Millenium Falcon
thingiverse.com/thing:919475

scale model of that iMac G4

Does anyone know how the hell I'm supposed to build a BSP (Board Support Package)? School project requires it but I have no idea where I'm supposed to start. It's a linux based design.

Should I use undiluted 70% isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth to clean my mechanical keyboard's keycaps? Should I dilute it or use something else entirely?

How to look at computer specs in loonix?

I mean like speccy and shit

I am still using Mp3 players and stuff and I got some spares at home. How long do you think will the rechargeable batteries live if they remain unused. The current Mp3 player I am using is about 6-7 years old

inxi

How do I get job?

lower your standards

Install gentoo

How do I combine all the unallocated space into one partition?

When I try to make a "new single volume" and set the numbers to maximum it tells me that there isn't enough disk space even though the program itself told me what the maximum of available disk space should be

Also I can't delete that healthy recovery partition for some reason, how to?
I tried doing it with command prompts but when I tell it to "delete partition override" it says that "The operation is not supported by the object." and "The specified command or parameters are not supported on this system"

kek

What anime does Cred Forums watch?

you can't make a single partition out of two unallocated spaces when there is already a partition in between them.

to delete the recovery partition, use gparted from a linux livecd

My laptop doesn't want to boot into anything. It doesn't recognize the W10 install usb has anything when I tell it to boot from it. If I set the BIOS to legacy boot, it recognizes my arch install usb, but does not recognize that I have it installed afterwards. I even tried arch-anywhere to be sure It was installed correctly.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMNoLM17p7ivn0zngZB1FqrSvK2bnjJ1M_QJgsK1Ty4/edit#gid=0

>use gparted from a linux livecd

What do normal people use to delete recovery partitions?

gparted from a linux livecd

EaseUS partition master

Just finished Chuunibyou

buy a real camera and you can have a webcam AND something to bring during vacations. that is, if you go out

would wearing latex gloves at your desk reduce the rate at which shit builds up in your keyboard? just a thought that came to me.

That doesn't seem like the easiest way to accomplish anything

I already tried it and that program won't let me do anything to the recovery partition, it doesn't even list it

VF-1 battroid mode

>That doesn't seem like the easiest way to accomplish anything
it's easy, a toddler could do it.

>burn ubuntu to dvd or usb stick
>boot from dvd or usb stick
>open gparted (it's a GUI)
>delete partition
>reboot

you won't be able to delete the partition while windows is running, no matter which software you use. that's why you need to boot from a dvd or stick.

you probably can also do this with the windows install cd, but it would require you to use cmd.exe (i.e. a CLI). i have never done it this way, gparted is way easier.

if it still doesn't work with gparted (i doubt it), you can also use DBAN and just nuke the drive.

holy fuck Cred Forums has better taste than Cred Forums

i forgot to mention, a livecd does not require you to install linux. neither does DBAN. you just boot it and that's it.

what is Microsoft Exchange?
On my android's autosync account menu thing there is something called "Microsoft Exchange", googling it gives me results for "Exchange Activesync", is this the same thing?

Will do
The support will make it look trash, but I'll see if I can find a model.
I just use pure for everything ever.
100%, left my phone's mobo in there for a month, came out fine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Exchange_Server

on second thought, don't use DBAN. it's way too easy to delete everything on your computer with it.

man I don't understand any of this :(
Why is it on my phone?
Because I have a hotmail account?

>I already tried it and that program won't let me do anything to the recovery partition, it doesn't even list it

How did that partition get there in the first place? It's not listed as "system" is it? It's possible windows still has boot files on it, and deleting it would break your startup process.

So yeah.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-video-downloader/

I've been using this video downloader add-on for years without issue, but stopped recently because it visibly ran some kind of code or something when i downloaded a yt video.

Is it malware? Is there a good alternative?

because it's capable of syncing data with an exchange server
it's rather common in businesses

How the fuck do I normalize this? I cant find any partial dependencies since the first column is all unique.

just use youtube-dl

But one thing I liked about it was that it wasn't limited to just yt.

I could download from porn and animu streaming sites without issue, usually

I don't understand user, what's an exchange server?
Since I don't run a business, do I really need it?

That's ironic because I want to remove that partition so I can use the hard drive to backup all my files

I don't know.
It's a secondary hard drive that I formatted, there shouldn't be anything on there
I had Windows 7 (and 10 to see if it was really that bad) on it at some point so it's probably a remainder from that

Hot update: I tried to clone my disk to the space that was available outside of that partition, the cloning process failed and now all the partitions are gone and all the space is unallocated. Computers!

is there a way to get free windows 7 ultimate activation key? i tried searching them but none of them works

youtube-dl isn't youtube-only, it natively supports tons of sites, and even has a generic extractor which works on many more

you'd know if you needed it, just ignore it

ok, thanks

This, right?
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

I'll check it out, thanks

Can someone suggest a cheap laptop computer for running linux on the go?

Need to be light enough to carry everywhere and have good battery life.

yea, that

bump or is this board not really for this sort of stuff

Bumping a question after only 10 minutes is a good way to get ignored.

I usually browse /fit/ and in the stupid questions thread there, if your question isn't answered in the first five minutes. It generally wont get an answer at all. Mostly because people don't really scroll up.

Maybe this board is different mb.

depends on what you're running, it's not terribly underpowered, but some new games might be a bit slow

do you have any other pc's lying around that might have a wired pc speaker?
you can also use any kind of speaker

Well, your choices are pretty much boot winPE, boot Linux live, or keep trying partition programs like paragon or aomei.

rarbg

I am using qBittorrent 3.3.5.

I just got a prompt to update to 3.3.7.

Is this an update worth taking? I don't see anything malicious in the release notes.

always update software that connects to the internet.

use youtube-dl/mpv, for example;
torsocks mpv

Thanks

I'm not quite sure where to put this question, so I'll do it here.

I'm currently employed as a Software Engineer. I handle all aspects of software development for a company I work for, so I know my way around. The thing is, I don't have a degree. I was looking to get a degree from WGU from their "Software Development" program. It involves doing some courses and getting some certifications.

I'm mainly looking to just fill my resume and be able to be as hireable as possible in case other opportunities pop up else where.

The program seems solid, it's an online course that emphasizes flexibility. It's regionally accredited.

Here's my question, a lot of other jobs seem to 'request' a 'Computer Science/Engineering' degree from a college. How do you think this degree would hold up in my field to future employers?

Windows 7 or 8?
If 7, which iso?
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332

Using Nutty Nexus on Shamu with Spectrum theme through Substratum, system FCs in loop whenever battery hits 15%. Since I installed Magisk, no root options in Developer Settings, so no way to disable FCs. Is there a way to do it through build.prop or an app or something? I like the theme and don't want to have to disable it.

Any second hand netbook with acceptable hardware support.

You will want to learn to use minimalist software. I'm not there yet, but I'd love to use a single TTY and screen/tmux.

I got Puppy on an old HP Mini 110, awesome shitposting/writing/work machine on the go. Plays well with most Ubuntu variants, but you have to download the B43 wifi drivers. I threw a 16GB SSD($10) and an extra gig of RAM($8) in there for good measure.

see, that doesn't help.

The last time I searched for any old refurb computer, I ended up with a 2.1kg elitebook with 2.5 hours of battery life.

amazon.com/HP-110-1030NR-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002BH4N12
Can typically find em around $50-100 depending on condition. The only way you're gonna get a functional computer for cheaper is to grab an old-ass business refurb. I would actually recommend the Thinkpad X61, my girl has one, except the battery life is shit and it's chewed through 2 OEM batteries and a chink one in the last 2 years. Shame, cuz it's blazing fast on Linux.

>1024 x 576

I don't know if I'm ok with this.

It's not as painful as you may imagine.

But that's more than enough to play NES games in their full rez glory!

>use undiluted 70% isopropyl alcohol
Nope.
That's diluted, use 91% instead.

Rather than just saying cheap, why don't you name a budget and a preferred screen size. You might just be happier with a large tablet and snap on keyboard.

I've already tried buying a tablet, but I've bricked it.

A super-portable 13 inch could beat a bulky 10 inch.

I play shit all the way up through PSP on it, though PS2 is a no go. Power-wise, it's about equivalent to my phone(Nexus 6), but with a bigger screen.

Not even gonna fucking bother

What programs to use to create these typography?
youtube.com/watch?v=M94ii6MVilw

samsclub.com/sams/lenovo-thinkpad-n22-11-6-laptop/prod20583878.ip?pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-4kyN_wRRabyRTBlrHtf3hw

How can we save the whole tss.asenheim.org/ website on our computer, so we can play all those games through our browser offline?
I tried with HTTrack but without results.

Where's the best place to search for notebook computers by their specs?

e.g. I wanted to find a certain screen size and (supported) RAM amount.

you can't.

All of the software is running on the server, and is sent to you when you interact with it.

Use this
wget --recursive --domains tss.asenheim.org --page-requisites --html-extension --convert-links --restrict-file-names=windows --no-clobber

Newegg, AFAIK.

how to recover a sage payroll database?

HD means 1366x768

I know.
Damn near every notebook doesn't have that advertised though.

Fuck, I'd prefer 720p to that.

Why does this keep happening, youtube keeps giving me playback errors. I'll keep refreshing until it eventually starts working again. I just don't understand what's fucking with it. Happens in every browser with and without addons and this has been going on for like two weeks at least

Why I am getting ads with ublock origin???? What the fuck

What site? Have you tried enabling some of the extra lists?

What are some affordable high PPI monitors? Are those even a thing? I don't see the purpose of getting a 1440p monitor if the pixels are the same size as those of a 1080p one.

with HTTrack?

Youtube, what extra lists?

so I'm syncing chrome on my android to the cloud, and on the "sync info" screen, it tells me I have 5 tabs
but in the actual browser I have 52
Is this a common error?
And does this actually affect tab syncing ability?
I'm looking to flash a new rom and I don't want to lose all my tabs

nvm I had to manually update

PPI is a function of resolution and screen size. If you increase the resolution on the same size monitor, you raise the PPI. So for instance, each pixel on a 4k screen would be one fourth the size of a 1080p pixel.

sven.de/dpi/

Make sure you check auto update under 3rd party filters.

no it's a program called wget.

I'm learning SQL at the moment and is there any reason is should have commands in all caps? obviously it works in lowercase but is it the programming standard to type in caps or something?

It's a good way of seperating commands from variable names

>SELECT id, name FROM accounts WHERE foo = bar ORDER BY name DESC;
You can tell which things are variables and which are commands with just a quick glance

Ok, thanks, I thought it was something like that

I can get a "Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X" for $70, is it a good deal?

I am upgrading for a HD 6770

Yeah, I know what PPI means, but it seems like no one is making desktop display in higher resolutions in nomal sizes, whereas phones are approaching displays as ridiculous as 800PPI.

How can I serve node.js app with lighttpd?

Personally, I put an old tshirt, or cloth over my keyboard when it is not being used. It says extremely dust free. I also don't use it while eating.

i want to buy a server, they are TOO cheap
which should i get?
for general server stuff (webpage, vpn, shit)
ebay.com/itm/Intel-SR1560SFHSNA-Server-2x-Intel-Xeon-L5420-2-5Ghz-16GB-ECC-DDR2-/172218702723?hash=item281908db83:g:KMMAAOSwNsdXRU5m#viTabs_0
ebay.com/itm/HP-ProLiant-SE1101-470064-917-Server-2x-L5420-QC-2-5GHz-16GB-MB-450054-001-/172210528496?hash=item28188c20f0:g:3ugAAOSwboVXO47F
ebay.com/itm/1U-Supermicro-x7dca-l-SC813MTQ-350CB-server-Xeon-L5420-2-5Ghz-16GB-ECC-DDR2-/172218685102?hash=item28190896ae:g:PcoAAOSwBw5XRUUS
random pic not related
(are they hard to configure?)

Wine is shitting on me.

Trying to install League of Legends (I am a tremendous faggot) through PlayOnLinux. Every time I launch the program and it goes into the updater, I get errored out. Bugsplat opens a new error window every 2-3 seconds, and I cannot stop it (killing the playonlinux/wine-related processes don't help) without restarting my pc.

After effects mostly
(they sound just like 3oh3)

Disregard; I suck cock.
I rolled back my Wine version from 1.9.2 to 1.9.19-staging and it launched just fine.

>After effects
What to use if on linux?
KDEnlive?

I can't update my display drivers for some reason and it's been like this for almost 2 months now.

Is there something I need to uninstall first or what? Graphics card is a AMD HD 7800 btw.

i guess you could use some animation software
(or use a vm)

pretty good bro

>AMD
>Drivers
I have a maymay for this somewhere...

Well there's things like that retina gimmick apple does, but I think 'ridiculous' is actually a pretty good word. Ultra high resolutions, especially on small screens, tend to be way more about marketing than actual usefulness. And the farther away you are from the screen, the less useful extreme densities are. Even the difference between a phone and a laptop screen is pretty big in that regard. I'd suggest going down to a tech store and having a look at the screens to see what actually looks good to you.

Use this

guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then make sure you install iGPU drivers first if you have one, then download the amd drivers directly from the website, and don't use beta versions.

My new laptop became super slow. I can't even complete a malware analyses. What is the best way to operate?

Which model and OS?

Thanks.

HP Omen. Windows 10.

I want to buy an ASUS phone, a zenfone, i was wondering if i could install Clover on it. Processor is AMD64.

Does anyone know if it could work??

Well if it doesn't have an SSD, I would get one. You can also use "reset this PC" to remove any manufacturer bloatware from the system and get a clean start

howtogeek.com/265054/how-to-easily-reinstall-windows-10-without-the-bloatware/

Then you'd want to make a gameplan for what programs/security you want to use to avoid problems in the future.

I will only lose softwares? Not files and videos etc?

When windows installs/reinstalls, it gives you the option to keep your files. But as a general rule it's better to back everything up first, just to be on the safe side.

OK. Thanks.

I replaced Ubuntu on a dual boot with Debian but now the boot menu lists windows 10 as Windows Vista and cannot boot unless I go into bios and launch it from there. Any ideas how I can fix not being able to start windows from boot menu

Sub 12 inch notebook with linux support and a non-1333*768px screen?

connected my ssd to my pc via a sata cable, tried to remove the cable. that was a little hard and when i reconnected it it didn't show up
what did i damage and how to repair it?

I get a VGA signal and get to the BIOS fine, but when I put in the graphics card into the mobo I don't get any VGA signal. Keep in mind the VGA cable is connected to the mobo. Is this graphics card bad (I got it from a 3rd party seller) or do I need to put the graphics card disc stuff on a flashdrive, load it in the bios, then try again?

t. soon to be pedophile

Try a different cable. If that doesnt work then you broke a connector on mobo or the drive.

Win10 currently has a bug that causes 100% disk or processor use on some systems if you have automatic updates enabled. Try disabling that.

Double check that the SSD isn't appearing in your bios/disk management, then try a different sata cable and mobo port.

You move the cable to the graphics card. Once it's inserted you don't use the mobo connection any more.

Is your boot menu grub or windows boot manager?

I bought a 4TB hard drive with the intention of replacing my current hard drive. I know it needs to be formatted properly before I can use all 4TB. Do I do this after installing Windows on it or before? And if I have to do it before, will it work if I put it in a hard drive enclosure and connect it via USB or do I have to connect it straight to the motherboard?

qbittorrent or deluge.

I'm using qbittorrent despite the memeing of stalled downloads, never failed me. I walked away from transmission because I'd have to watch for the download to fetch the metadata and then pause it so I could pick what I wanted best, qbittorrent has this basic functionality implemented, also a rudimentary scheduler - it's a bandwidth limiter with time schedule really, though I didn't look for a scheduler in it for more than 2 seconds.

>You move the cable to the graphics card.

But I can't fit anything that connects into the graphics card to the monitor

Then you need to rethink your setup. What outputs do your card and monitor have?

The four outputs that the graphics card has is one DP, one HDMI, and two DV1 (DVI)? outputs

The monitor has 2 HDMI outputs and one VGA output.

I just took my first C++ quiz and it asked why main() is needed to compile and run

I panicked and wasn't really sure what the answer was so I said "Without main() the program cannot call upon standard functions and libraries". If you were grading a quiz for an introduction programming class how would you grade that?

Nevermind I am fucking retarded.

The DVI to HDMI cable I had was very deceiving and I thought it didn't fit but it does with some force

So, I messed up the SCP drivers install (panicked and restarted; I wasn't expecting the keyboard to get turned off during the install) and have essentially bricked my computer by losing access to the keyboard and mouse as soon as Windows loads. Also, wireless connection.

I also made a really stupid mistake when I first built this computer and forgot to make a partition for system restore.

Is there some way that I can reinstall the default drivers from EUFI? Or would there be some other solution? And stop any possible attempts by the computer to continue the prior driver install?

Well, not THIS computer, obviously. My main one that has everything on it.

where can i find basic programing exercises?
something harder than making a calculator but easier than making a web browser

Um... anyone here who can help me with this?
So,
if(p && q) then r
what is the logical inference or whatever that converts that to:
if(r) then p && q
(p^q) -> r
but I need it in the form
r -> (p^q)

Is there no rule for this, and it's just straight valid?

Is it a contrapositive argument?
How do I construct it?
Because
(p^q) -> r
~r -> (~p v ~q)
SO
r -> (p^q)
I can't tell what this is. It's correct, but how do I use it?

I need this for Discrete Math

You do it as part of the installation process. I don't recommend using a large HDD as your boot drive, an SSD would be much better. There's also the occasional 4tb that just wont work as a boot drive period. This is an older guide, but it should still apply

tomshardware.com/faq/id-1923415/install-windows-3tb-4tb-larger-hdd.html

Grub. During the installation of Debian a prompt asked to install a different boot so I clicked yes

I accidentally made a Windows Application instead of a Windows Form Application in Visual Studio, how can I convert it into a form application?

You copy the code and make a new project.

I fucking hate VS. Worst IDE I've ever used.

I've basically only made the layout of the program and then noticed it's in C#, not VB. How can I copy just the layout?

Have you tried safe mode?

wiki.debian.org/DualBoot/Windows10

Wrong answer, 0 points. The correct one is that the OS needs a location to start your application from and main() has been standardized as that starting point. Without main() your program cannot be executed.

Nevermind, I can just copy paste from the designer

I actually looked for that, but it wasn't immediately obvious from the EUFI. I'm pretty tired, though. I didn't sleep yesterday.

I doubt that it would have done anything, since I think that the issue is that the keyboard drivers were fucked.

I'm currently resetting the PC. Hopefully that'll restore the default drivers.

What's the best way to clean a keyboard?

I mean some really nasty shit dirty sticky crunchy hairy etc.

>it's NOT in VB
Is... is there a problem with that?
I mean, you couldn't have actually WANTED it in VB, heh hehe... right?

Pretty sure it's something with the SSD itself. Did i fuck up or Can i repair it somehow?

Can you pop the electronic portion out? If so, just do that and then run the keys and crap under water, let it dry, and blow it all out with an air can

If I install windows 7 on my new pc is it going to be a bitch to find drivers for everything

Most keyboards can be opened and disassembled by turning them around and unscrewing any screws you find. One of them is usually hidden behind a safety or product information sticker.

If you know your keyboards model number then you can put that and unassembly to google.

Nah, win7 is still widely supported.

That's disgusting as fuck..

Did you unplug it while the PC was on or what? If the PC was off then all I can think about is mechanical damage to the connectors, which is pretty much unrepairable.

I've seen weirder fetishes. But you're right, one would have to be gay to fap to a "girl" with massive muscles and no ass or tits.

Can someone explain what virtual functions are in C++?
I've gotten everything up to now but this either seems retarded or I'm not understanding it's usefulness
From all I see a virtual function just makes it so you can name the same function in a bunch of derived classes
But how is that useful when you could just be explicit and have like print1() for one class print2() for another, etc?

Ok thanks for the answers

It depends on your particular hardware. Sometimes it's smooth as butter, sometimes the right drivers don't even exist.

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

If it's not f8, you may need to check your mobo/pc manual to find out how to start it. Safe mode might load default drivers instead, so there's a chance it could work. You could also try for "Last Known Good Configuration", although that might not help if windows doesn't think anything is wrong. Beyond that you probably want to boot up windows recovery to disable the driver based on the date

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927525

Again, you need to confirm that the drive's not being recognized at all. It's actually pretty unusual for something you do to damage the SSD. Try another cord, another port, another computer if it's handy. If you are able to boot into windows, check to see if it appears at all in disk management.

>But how is that useful when you could just be explicit and have like print1() for one class print2() for another, etc?
It's useful if you have a variable of base class that could contain any derived object. So in that case you cant call print2() because you don't know if your variable has that method.

So for example you might have a variable of type Animal and you've assigned a Dog object to it. You can't call bark() method because the variable is Animal and it might not support that method. But by calling makeSound() it'll resolve the correct method during runtime and you get an action that is valid for that class.

I'm taking a class, it has to be VB

So it's like having a default action then?
That still seems like something that could be solved with an explicit call
Is it more useful in development and updates of programs than self contained programs?

For example a class polygon and a derived class rectangle both have area as a function, the polygon as a virtual function
Never would you really call to the polygon since you don't know the shape but if you add in more derived classes it might be useful to have area already set up as a virtual function to call for whatever polygon
Something like that?

It's most useful if you have an array or a vector of similar objects. So in your example you might have an array of shapes and you need to draw them all on the screen. You can just enumerate through the array and call virtual draw() on each of them no matter what derived class they are.

The reset took care of it.

Of course, I lost a lot things in the process. I really need to get a new hard drive and put a partition on it for system restore. This would have been a non-issue if I had that.

Can some tell me what to add to fstab to mount the media disk? Also how to change the name.

I used to be good at this but I guess not anymore. I tried before and it still didn't automount

What would you need a separate hard drive for?

Ah okay I can see that being good
Are they a big deal in regular programs or are they not used very often as far as you know?

They're very central mechanic in object-orientated programming, even considered to be one of the defining characteristic of OOP. In more OOP-centric languages like Java every single method is virtual and can be rewritten as needed.

What would you need a separate hard drive for? System restore points live just fine on your C: drive, and if you're talking about a recovery drive, those wouldn't have saved your files anyway, plus they're easy enough to run from a flash drive/DVD.

If you're honestly worried that much about response time then you need to go tube

I'm sure he waited 20 hours for you to tell him to buy a CRT.

Depends on your budget.

Maybe better to pick up a rx470.

edit the file at /etc/fstab

It's not hard, fag.