/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

natostrapco.com/collections/all-watch-straps/products/the-standard-black-ops-xii-nato-strap-w-pvd-hardware-stitched-18mm
vocaroo.com/i/s0LuvGuw7I4L
ebay.co.uk/itm/Glycine-Combat-6-3916-19AT-LB9B-Swiss-Automatic-36mm-Watch-Leather-Analog-New-/152221605952?hash=item23711d6040:g:5RMAAOSwgZ1XwuJl
amazon.de/EdelstahlArmband-beschichtet-Saphirglas-Taucheruhr-DT1025-D/dp/B00243HHSO/ref=sr_1_1?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1474981177&sr=1-1&keywords=SAN REMO bicolor
ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-PRINCE-DATE-34MM-STEEL-18k-CASE-AUTOMATIC-WATCH-74033-CIRCA-1996/142126719052?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=39272&meid=c04291cddebd41ecaf4fa53280e0f3ca&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=232092196647
ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-CASIO-F91W-CLASSIC-DIGITAL-ALARM-BLACK-WRIST-WATCH-RETRO-VINTAGE-/112141709742
google.com/search?q=accurist celestial watch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
amazon.com/Accurist-GMT118UK-Celestial-Commemorative-Collection/dp/B008KDOXBG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Seiko 52xxs

> post bad photos of your collection

Okay

What is the most accurate digital watch under $30?

Anything by Casio probably.

In that price range they are all equal

Nice

>tfw working out and doing exercises specifically designed to increase the girth of my wrist so 42mm watches fit a little better

This shit is getting out of control

What's a good nylon NATO watch strap for the Casio F91W-1? I don't usually wear a watch, so I'm not sure exactly what I prefer in terms of style. I thought this one looked pretty good though:

natostrapco.com/collections/all-watch-straps/products/the-standard-black-ops-xii-nato-strap-w-pvd-hardware-stitched-18mm

Thanks!

Did I do well? Can I now join Al-Qaeeda?

Siiiiigh.
Fine.

Tell us about these exercises user.

5 burgers a day

The wrist is entirely connective tissue and bone, you can't exercise non-existent muscles

not even trolling - you realize that would be the f91, right?

What is the middle-top watch?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Celadon imperial.

You are trolling.

barf.jpg

SINN
I
N
N

Is it pronounced like an S or like a Z like skinny watch guy says it

ayy lunguh und zzzzone uh
bray guh
oh me gay
von cleff and arp ell
glass hut uh
tor no no no no no NO

Are smartwatches worth it or is it just a big meme?

I see a lot of people in these threads talk about the quality of a movement...how do I know if I a movement is good or not? What makes it better than another?

As a matter of fact, hell, I've heard the word "ugly" used to describe a movement alot.

What is that even supposed to mean, how can I see for myself it it's "ugly"??

No trolling here. Just, there's no wiki that explains this. Just a purchase guide and /wt/ so I come with questions.

Sold the resin brick and got a 8346 instead.

What's up fellow vip seiko collectors

Solid choices mah man, especially the Obris and the Group B.

not too much. Just purchased a Liner, hope I didn't fuck up. Not sure what strap I should put it on.
where did you get the green perlon? I really like it.

crown and buckle makes nice ones. I have one on my meme watch

>numerus clausus
Do they even know what that phrase is normally associated with?

What is the 'poor mans G shock' that I have seen recommended here a few times?

I'm going somewhere that few possessions are likely to escape damage, and I will need a watch.

Thanks Cred Forums

vocaroo.com/i/s0LuvGuw7I4L

wrong post
fuck you nigger

How are you supposed to know how many minutes it is past the hour?

For single hand watches I prefer a jumping hour watch like pic related.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Glycine-Combat-6-3916-19AT-LB9B-Swiss-Automatic-36mm-Watch-Leather-Analog-New-/152221605952?hash=item23711d6040:g:5RMAAOSwgZ1XwuJl

should i?
i really shouldn't

>how do I know if I a movement is good or not? What makes it better than another

The accuracy and reliability.

OMEGA Auto - Bought in 1965 by my grandmother as a marriage present for him. Fully restored (interior/exterior) with brand new Purple Python for the wristband.

Some precisions :
> this photo is about 1 year old
> Croco black wristband here
> Not mentioning the fact it's all 18K gold.

Any opinions on the Aquis? Never see Oris being discussed here
>Ceramic bezel
>Symetrical dial
>40mm but wears even smaller because of the short lugs
>Excellent bracelet
The lug width seems like a issue, but really, this thing would look awful on a NATO. All you need is the bracelet + rubber.

Would you happen to know the model number or movement number of that piece?

Okay...

Unfortunately no, this watch was a present and I've never seen any documents related to it.

I'd like to know more too

Is your name Ali?

Just ordered a Casio W-800H.

How'd I do?

Which colour? Dubbs decide. Gold is what Im rolling for

What's the better option?

WEEEEEEELL.
I know PARNIS for sure and it is part of the poorly Chink imitations on the market. Will it cost you 10 or 20$ ?

> black is sober

Why the fuck would I have a sandnigger name ?

>solid endlinks
>keeps very close to the original design
>solid links
>sapphire

Parnis watches are very high quality chink watches though and uses a miyota movement

You wish is my command, user.

Second to the left on the bottom.. is that from GoldenEye for N64?

Black Watches Matter

No doubts about their price/quality ratio.
But still, they represents a side door to the world of watches due to their imitations. They produces copies of well renouned brands without changing their designs.

But again, they are great for a very casual watch.

Either of these depending on budget.

opinions please,
amazon.de/EdelstahlArmband-beschichtet-Saphirglas-Taucheruhr-DT1025-D/dp/B00243HHSO/ref=sr_1_1?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1474981177&sr=1-1&keywords=SAN REMO bicolor

has hacking, friend says pretty good watches
more seiko for myself, discuss

kys

Nice peacock there. I see we have pretty similar taste.

id rather buy a sea-gull or Seiko for the money

couldn't say better.

Nice box, famalam

invicta-tier garbaggio

which g-shock is on the right?

Dubs for more whores, get the gold dindu

why not go full Google and get a gold one?

What movement does that Omega use?

c'mon Cred Forums, I've seen it a bunch of times, maybe in one of the watch guides?

Short for Alistair

Recently bought pic related for just shy of $150. It's an excellent watch for that price, the movement is the same as the one on the new moonwatch. The running seconds ticks twice per second which seems odd but dramatically increases the appearance of smoothness. Chrono seconds are 8 beats per second, and the tenth second subdial runs for 30 seconds but after that jumps to position after you stop it. The bracelet is relatively comfortable, I like the vintage styled coffin links but it squeaks a bit and the double sided clasp is not my favorite. Comes with two half links, no micro adjust. Nice dome on the mineral crystal. Overall I'm exceptionally pleased, while I prefer the style of the lobster I didn't like it enough to pay twice as much.

Great taste, user!

I haven't a clue, but I can find out.
It's a Genéve from 74, I believe.

It's a GW-M5610-1ER, it's all you would ever 'need' in a watch.

Where's the best place to sell a watch online?

I drunken-impulse bought a decently nice mechanical, but it's face is simply too big for my lanklet wrists. I love it, but there's no point in keeping it if I can't wear it.

Returning for a refund is also unlikely, as I had to message the watchmaker directly to order it and he kind of helped me out by doing it out of kindness..

1030 it seems.
Ref number is 136 0102.

Well what fucking watch is it? Maybe someone here wants your discarded potential dogshit.

So you guys hate Oris?

Italian ebay sellers.

>seiko
>seiko
>seiko
>seiko
>commie
>commie
>g-shock
truly a living meme.

Well damn user, don't be so hostile.

It's a Tisell with SeaGull's ST2130 movement.
It looks terrific in person and I'd love to keep it, but 40mm is too big for me.

40mm is too big?
even my bitch wrists look ok with 40mm
need photo evidence to judge

Yeah, it really is. My basic Casio digital terrorist watch is the perfect size for my wrists, to put it in perspective.

I'd put up a pic of the watch on my but it's at home and I'm at work.

top kek

my newest one

o god y

Rate my watch

show back

gramps has one very similar

That's because only niggers and old men can wear "gold" watches without it looking like shit.

Just got this as a gift.

I really don't like it. Its big & heavy, the hands look stupid, and looks like it's trying to hard to be a rolex.

I don't know what would be more pathetic, if that were a fake or the real deal.

Absolutely donkeys.

>being this salty
work hard kiddo

Another day, another Seiko 52xx running under ~+1s/d

Get this tudor for around 1500$ or buy a rolex for a almost a grand more?

I don't like that particular Tudor, so I would buy a Rolex instead.

Whats wrong with it? Looks exatly the same and has a nice and easy serviceabe ETA

>looks exactly the same
A luxury watch brand ripping off a luxury watch brand is pathetic
and I don't like that particular watch. How was I to know you wanted the same tasteless watch of Rolex's?

Are you fucking stupid?

Rolex owns Tudor.

the case and everything is made by Rolex, except the movement...

>except the movement
yeah, the best part apart from the brand

You fail

That fake Day-date is literally dog shit, please throw it away.

Sorry user, you're right

There is a Swiss piece there as well.

Rolex barely ever release new movements, what they allow Tudor to do is valuable because it increases the chances of an innovation.

I have no idea why people react negatively to an increase in choice. It makes no sense.

Which rolexes are Cred Forums approved, and why, if any?

I like the datejust, I went to go look for one in the $13,000 range because I wanted to see if I really liked them. They're amazing, it's insane. The gold is so nice, ever since I saw one in person, they immediately catch my eye when I see them in public. The gold is so unique, it really sticks out in a crowd. I thought that was bull shit until I saw it in person.

The Datejust is nice, personally i wouldn't wear a gold one though, i like my watches under the radar and gold would attract the wrong kind of attention. The piece itself though is beautiful in gold. And i also prefer the smooth bezel to the fluted one

Milgauss.

No date Sub maybe?

Milgauss, GMT-Master, Submariner and for some reason people here love the Explorer. I believe the Daytona and the Oysterquartz is too, but I'm not sure.

white f a m

Anything without the fat ass maxi case.

MEME

>numerus clausus
Which context are you referring to? The university? Property? Or Jews?

f-91w?

GMT Master
>wanna be pilot

Submariner
>poor wanna be ceo

Submariner Full Gold
>you cant afford it pal wanna be

Daytona
>Real Nigga

Oysterquartz
>gay

Datejust
>he who remembers what day it is

Day date
>he who cant remember the day since he is so fucking rich and high all the time

Oh look it's the jewelry thread again.

Go to fashion where you faggots belong.

Lets try this again:
Why is Oris shit?

Only in the sense that you can simply dispose of them when they break because they're cheap as fuck.

Just ordered my first watch, a Seiko snk809. Very excited! I also ordered a black nato brace

Cons:
>mostly boring and mall-tier designs, nothing that stands out
>overpriced Swiss ETAshit (and Sellita)

Pros:
>independent
>whole brand is mechanical only
>actually Swiss, not chink
>they have a few decent-looking models (see pic)
>probably serviceable by independent watchmakers

>expensive
>not that very attractive or toolish design
>no innovation or standout features
>the lugs of horror

>let do an black bay
>shieeeeet nigga u fucked it up
>ceo: put it out need moneys

It has more features and is better built than a shogun is at the same price point.
The lugs kinda irked me at first but the bracelet is nice enough that you'll never wanna take it off anyway, and the lug-lug is very short so they wear well.
When you say over-priced, you realise that Sinn use the same movements and a watch like the 104 is a good $500 more expensive than an aquis?
Also are non-sub inspired divers considered mall-tier now?

I'm just trying to argue this and see if an aquis is going to be my next watch.
Plus it's good to talk about some different brands for a change.

They don't look anything alike though

Fuck, I wrote that like a retard.
Being a sleep deprived wage-cuck is hard

It's a remake of a 60's Oris model, dumbshit.

Okay so they're only 100% jewish and not 300% like Sinn.
>Also are non-sub inspired divers considered mall-tier now?
No, divers that look like Invicta, Tissot or TAG are mall-tier.
>It has more features and is better built than a shogun is at the same price point.
You wish.

The Shogun has an aluminum bezel and a mineral crystal, while the aquis has ceramic and sapphire.
The aquis has a better looking dial because of L-R symmetry and is rated to a lower depth and the shogun.

Again, the most attractive thing about the aquis to me is that it's very far from the rolex design that dominates divers these days.

>No, divers that look like Invicta, Tissot or TAG are mall-tier.
How does it look like any of the above user?

Also:
Rolex
>Founded in 1905
Oris
>Founded in 1904

So it even has the >heritage meme down

Literally who cares.

>In a watch thread
>Doesn't want to discuss watches
Fuck off

Black Bay is watch meme that transcends the spcific model, it means just that it tries to be a hip nu male popular Swiss made (TM) diver watch

>thinks it competes with the shogun
>not the superior Sumo that is not mememetal and half the price for the same features which isntatly outweighs the Mountain Jew Oris

Both versions of the black bay are excellent watches.
You're an idiot

But it is a meme
>3k usd eta diver
>not even the far superior pelagos
fuck off

>way far from being an entire collection, but it's the only pic I have right now

Nice, loving all this pics.

BTW, apparently there are now 3 owners of a Celadon in here; not bad.

ultrakek
>mfw I can actually pull a 50mm, I'm blessed by the gods of big wrists. Can't wear anything below 34mm, though.

The pelagos is just a poor mans sub, while the black bay is a very unique watch.
There's nothing wrong with a top grade eta, and the new version has an in-house.
What do you think of the aquis lawyerfag?

>I got cancer from this pic
Literally your saving grace is that ching chong watch, great value, finely crafted, unlike that journe

>poor mans sub
better than the sub
>titanium
>500m rated
>better lumed and more legible designed dial
>better clasp

The SD4K is where it's at.

ebay.co.uk/itm/TUDOR-PRINCE-DATE-34MM-STEEL-18k-CASE-AUTOMATIC-WATCH-74033-CIRCA-1996/142126719052?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=39272&meid=c04291cddebd41ecaf4fa53280e0f3ca&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=232092196647

Guys does this one look legit, its bretty cheap, maybe even too cheap?

>Aquis
I don't remember if I've handled an example of that particular family, but what I can tell you is that Oris makes really good watches for quite affordable prices, with its own designs. I have never cared about having an ETA in my Chronoris, as I enjoy it for the great watch it is.

However, beside being really well made, Oris dive familys are quite large, be sure to try it irl before exchanging any money and check if you feel comfortable with the size.

Btw, the Aquis have a LE with a blue dial and a yellow ring around it that I think looks great.

>look ma' I'm trolling

>Chronometre Bleu

oh boy

poor student here, rate me fags

The funny thing is, I'm not even

I lost my Pebble Cred Forums.
On the way home one of the springbars shitted itself or something and it fell from my wrists.
Now i have to use the Vostok and the Mako everyday and i can't have nice features anymore )))):
TLDR: Lost a watch, learned that i should never ever use a watch without a NATO again
I'm not ever buying a dress watch after that too.

I've fucked up two watches the same way.

I should have switched to a NATO after the first.

Now it's all I use.

thx m8

Then you need to read waaaay more about horology, before stating a shitpost like that, or even better, to prevent you from shitposting at all. You're embarrasing yourself son.

I really don't like smartwatches, but I have to ask: didn't you felt it falling from your wrist?

I once also had a springbar fucked out, but I managef to catch the watch mid-air because I felt it deattaching from my wrist.

Sorry for your loss, btw.

Same question.
How come you people don't feel it?

>didn't you felt it falling from your wrist?
Nah, i got out of the bus and i was looking at it while sitting, as i walked about 500m on the streets and i brought cigarettes on the bakery i noticed it was lost. Walked back to the bus stop looking at the ground but didn't find it.
I'm pretty sad but it's mostly because the Pebble was one of my 3 watches and i don't really have money to buy stuff even though i like it.
My SKX013 rotor fucked itself last semester and i can't afford a new movement either so now i'm just with the Vostok and the Mako left.
I should just quit my arts and design uni and invest my time into getting a profession where i can afford what i like.

Oh I did ya goofball, you're just flustered and out of tune, just like your collection.
>muh special snowflake collection of special snowflake memes

Instead of the 24 should it be 00

Shit luck m8. I'm sorry for you.
Still, hold tight and endure; don't quit your studies, there is nothing more valuable that education, you'll eventually reach that place where you can afford what you like, but most people that quit studies never come back.

Enjoy the watches you have for now m8.

>He thinks he knows what he is talking about.
Kek
Stop trying to pick a fight boy, your rants are just funny nonsense to me.
Cheers

yes, that's right

What is the upper-left watch, please?

>he THINKS he that he thinks that he knows watches

It was a great joy m8y, phucking with you, but you're just, I guess, delusional.

But heres a few tips:
>no useful watch
>no real beater
>assorted croc straps
>le racing watch with le racing strap
>le journe
>le special snowflake but still gaudy as phuck panerai
>le special ching dong watch
>le grandpa watch
>le mountain jew chrono wouldnt buy speedmaster tips fedora hipster watch
>le more watches I can wear because I'm insecure and undecided on my collection or wearing habits

Good day m8

Hey i can put le in front of things to mock them too!
>le shitpost

How much did I fuck up?

That's a Record 1940 from Zeno Watch Basel.

>49mm
ah well. Thanks though!! I'll take a look at some of their 6497/8 based stuff.

Is the one on the right fake?

WTF, is that a seagull movement?

Not the real deal :^)

Bitch that's just a tiny part of my collection. I have a beater, I have a Speedmaster Professional, and many others. What you're looking at only are some of my most colorful pieces. I had posted lots of others here before.

And seriously, you don't know shit.

Pretty sure he's seen you post before, and that you're getting trolled.

You're probably right NineBalls, but since I've never seen his trip before, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

>he is an colourful fag
Get back to youtubing TGV

You're a decently ok dude, but can you stop abusing your speedy?
It's just not cool.

That looks hideous. And it's been copied so many times by so many chink shit dollar store watches that anyone who see's it is going to think you're a normie poorfag.

How much do you want? I wanted the seagull version but i didn't like the cut off 3.
This has no cut off from the date window so i am interested in it

>polish off Invicta branding
>change dial
>change hands
>change strap
not that hard and probably worth it if it has a seiko auto movt

43mm, 13.5mm thick, hour hand has a dick on it. Seems like a fairly chunky watch.

But dude, the Speedmaster Professional is almost impervious to abuse, tough as nails. I don't think I would be able to fuck it up unless I really, really tried.

>me and my Speedy in a southamerican jungle, btw

I'd love to see more pics of your vintage pieces sometime. It's too bad you don't buy vintage pieces online, makes it pretty unlikely you'll end up with a Seiko 52xx to go with that 56x Omega you have.

It still blows me away how many truly great volume produced automatic movements were developed in the 1970s.

Imagine where mechanical movements would be today if the likes of the ETA 2892, Omega 56x/75x, Seiko 52xx, and so on continued to be developed as timekeeping instruments, rather than being made into art pieces with the mechanical revival.

>not tasmania
dropped

any love for quartz watches?
maybe this is sacrilege around these parts, and i wouldn't say it in front of my other watches but, pic related is my favourite watch.
I've abused it like an unwanted step child and it just keeps ticking. It's still running on the same battery it came with 6 years ago, and it's off by less than a second a week.
And it looks better with age.

Specific model number?

Nothing wrong with quartz watches if they have unique features

Who makes this watch? What's it called?

It's the Citizen Astrodea, also sold by Accurist as the Accurist Celestial (which is the one I have). Comes in both a 50 degrees north and 35 degrees north version

Out of production for many years now; the 50 degrees versions (pictured) are more common than the 35 - I had to look for two years to find my 35 on the used market.

Looking for a cheap and reliable watch now that my pebble is dead.
Is this legit?
ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-CASIO-F91W-CLASSIC-DIGITAL-ALARM-BLACK-WRIST-WATCH-RETRO-VINTAGE-/112141709742

I've heard the f91w is the go to budget watch, correct?

Also sold as the Campanola Cosmosign, albeit in a larger case and much more expensive

You guys are giving me a watch obsession

Is there a reason for the dial, like it's usable somehow, or only because it's "cool"

It's the earlier model without the pig fat maxi case and it has an aluminium bezel rather than ceramic.

man I want a vintage rolex, how do I get a good one?

There is.

Might as well hit two birds with this one.

Vintage quartz is liked a lot more than modern quartz to be honest. Especially if it's a Seiko penis quartz meme watch.

Anyone know the seagull st17 movement well? I took the dial off a watch, and this gear fell out. The movement beats fine, but none of the later gears move. This is the little fucker that came out.

Is there a poor fags guide to digital watches?

What is the cheapest atomic and solar digital watch?

The cheapest g-shock that fits is~$50. Is there a cheaper choice?

What is the best dress watch I can get under $100 preferably around the $50 mark?

>opening up a mechanical chronograph without proper qualification
Haha, you faggot! Anyway looks like a setting wheel for the hands.

No.

Some kind of vintage slav watch perhaps?

>abusing

They are meant to be worn.

>Becoming an insufferable faggot when someone questions your worth
Honestly thought you were better than that.

Yeah well at least my dad isn't gay

That's not what he said last night.

Also, slightly better picture.

The dial turns once per sidereal day (23 hour 56 minutes 4 seconds) and indicates the positions of the stars in the sky (as well as other stuff like sunrise/sunset times)

They're fantastic watches, it's incredible how accurate they are after around 40 years of use.

>st17
>chronograph

That's the exact reason I bought it. I wanted a white face with silver roman numerals and no cutoff numerals. You still around this thread, user?

This watch comes up to your GF and slaps her ass, watch you gonna do?

why are sub 42mm new watches so scarce
when will the big watch meme go away

you can literally count on 1 hand the watchmakers making watches sub 41mm
WHY

Yeah, like I know which chinkshit knockoff movement is which. You're the one who should be embarrassed for not recognizing that part immediately.

>you can literally count on 1 hand the watchmakers making watches sub 41mm
I've you use the same hand like 4 times maybe, there are a huge number of watches out there 40 millimeters or less. If you had said sub 38mm you would have more of a point.

im talking about new watches
name some watches made in the last few years that aren't dress watches that are sub 41mm

Christopher Ward C60 Trident in 38mm.

thats 1.
i'll even help you here, hamilton khaki field auto.
i personally can only think of 3 others.
so my point still stands, sub 41mm watches are very rare.
99% of watches being released are 42mm or larger.

Most Seiko 5 watches are around 38mm, citizen produces a lot of sub 40mm watches too.

Ass fuck loads of seikos, Citizen makes less than 38mm Eco drive divers, 40mm helson shark diver, obviously loads of rolex, seagull 1963, helgray silverstone, and tons more but I'm just listing off the top of my head.

>Most Seiko 5 watches are around 38mm
um, no.
2 are, the snk and the snx.
the rest are 42mm.

oh right so i have the choice of some obscure kickstarter watches, cheap japshit, or rolex.
great.

Daily reminder that you should wear your watch exactly in your wrist.

Or you could just fuck off and die you spastic cunt.

Why don't you do some fucking research yourself instead of making me spoonfeed you a giant list? I just tossed out the watches that immediately came to mind just to prove the point.

If you use the seiko 5 finder and set max width to 40mm there are 2,029 results

>exactly in your wrist

I think the better question is why watch design is so shit nowadays?

Like 90% of my watch folder are all vintage watches.

And all while the prices just got higher and higher.

Anyone backing any kickstarters?
currently backing pic related.

>the paul newman bombed on released
>mfw you cant buy one for less than 200k

tippy tip zozzle

They are all either uninspired or tacky so no.

My buddy has this watch. I asked him if it was supposed to be a fake sub without me seeing the logo closely. He says, "Shit man, howcome everyone keeps asking me that?". I showed him the solid gold sub in a side by side, and told him his watch was a blatant knock off of a =~$40,000 watch. He laughed, and told me it keeps perfect time, only had to replace the band twice in the first 2 years of use

>Seiko NH35 automatic movement
>200m WR
>Stainless steel
>60 click bezel
But;
>shameless design copy

For $80 I think thats quite a bargain anyway, tell your 'friend', 'he' shouldnt be ashamed

>$210

Time machines when?

Well if I never seen his watch, I would have never started doing my own research on the different colourations of subs... now I find myself obsessed with the two tone blue faced sub.

Me and my girlfriend made a deal that when we get engaged, I would buy her a nice ring, if she buys me this sub. So my buddy is to thank here.

I had one guy ask me if I had a fake Submariner at a party, told him it's actually real. Feelsverygoodman

Were you actually wearing a replica (fake watch with a rolex badge) sub? Or were you wearing this Invicta?

A real submariner, made it sound odd now when I read it back now. Did have a modded invicta 8926 before though that got me more compliments. Normies dont like successful people thats why nobody comments on the rolex.

What colouration do you have? Any pics?

I don't think he is acting like an insufferable faggot, he is even being reasonable. It's that Phucka bitch who is being an absolut cunt. Lawyer is actually keeping his cool.

Thoughts?

I unironically like this design
What's wrong with me?

Probably something deep in the brain

Im on a new computer, but Ill try and find a pic soon. Just a regular ss black sub 16610. Dont wear it almost at all since its an heirloom piece

fake and gay

OK SO IT'S SATURDAY I WONDER WHAT TOMORROW IS I SURE HOPE MY WATCH CAN HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT

DURRRRRRRRRRRR

Cool story faggot.

My thought exactly. I think it would be a breddy good look without the peripheral days there.

Sounds good. What pieces do you tend to wear daily.

Seiko Sumo 033

Omega MAAANNNNNNN ONNNN, oh fuck...

That's a speedy reduced, not man on the moon.

Pretty funny though

>Out of production for many years now
Weird. This is exactly what the Japanese like.

Any current models along the same general idea? (astrolabe/planisphere)

Why do you not wear a pimped out Seiko?

You could have gotten a 40mm aquis for the same money

Would that be covered under warranty?

Because plated watches are cancer
Also the spring bar holes on your watch are too far down the lugs.
The gap is ugly

What does /wt/ think of Habring2?

they seem like good watches but I don't actually know anything about watches so I can't really judge

My cousin fro USA says that invicta watches are getting popular. I forgot completely what are invicta models since I don't come around here. Are there any good ones at all?

The guy said it was bought used, so no. He said it just fell of and it looks snapped.

This is why I hate the used luxury meme
Paying thousands for a mans sloppy seconds is the utmost in cuckoldry

poor mans glycine airman

Omega and Rolex don't have a life time warranty so buying new is pointless.

>Poormans Invicta Airman
Okay...

Is it a uni-directional bezel?

omega is owned by swatch
lamborghini is owned by volkswagen
what's your point?
stop trying to be edgy

Swatch and Volkswagen are not Chink shit brands.

Quickk, /wt/ post pics of Chinese Omega parts.

First automatic watch. Just dipping my toes in the watch world. What do you guys think? I really want a Seiko SKX007

shoulda saved and gone straight for the skx, or saved money for the sea urchin seiko

Dude no one is going to come and defend fucking Invicta shit for you.

5 watches is the optimal collection size

Nah m8 it was on sale. Less than £190.

Yeah I didn't know about the skx until after I ordered it. I was choosing between the snk809 and the Orient Mako but decided to cheap out. How does my watch look to you? I just wish the hour and minute positions were switched

Well yeah, shoulda returned it but welcome to watch collecting. Sell it forward when you have the cash. Honestly it is one of the few Seiko design I loathe with a passion, but taste is NOTHING PERSONAL KIDDO *TELEPORTS BEHIND YOUR BACK*

2big4u

If pic is you that is.

nope its not

How does making fun of The Swatch Group(TM) getting as many of their parts as legally permissable made in China constitute a defense of Invicta?

Invicta is chinkshit garbage, but pretending that the Swatch Group isn't very nearly as cynical in their utter contempt for consumers is also silly.

>How does making fun of The Swatch Group(TM) getting as many of their parts as legally permissable made in China constitute a defense of Invicta?

get a life

do you have any friends?

Lol so which heavily marketed Swstch Group mall watch did you fall for?

Nice ad hominum

Can anyone redpill me on pic related?

Also what should i look into if i wanted to start collecting time pieces? I need something that would look good on skinny hand.
hardmorde:
>affordable

>Lol so which heavily marketed Swstch Group mall watch did you fall for?

wut

>Nice ad hominum

nice nothing

Skx gon be 2big4u

Nothing affordable afaik. Next step up is a Ulysses Nardin I believe. JLC and Patek also have one. Van Cleef also has the Midnight planetarium

bump?

Yes.
120 point.

Ok, so this is a total noob question.

I got my first automatic watch (Seiko snk809 k2) and I'm VERY happy with it. This watch is a bit small (I heard ladies prefered men with big watches, but fuck it), but it is so damn beautiful! I can't stop looking at it.

Anyway, my question is simple: can you wind it with the crown? And if so in what direction? From bottom to top or the opposite?

Name
It's actually not that bad
Orient has been on top of their game recently, they upped the movement on their divers and put better crystals on nearly all of their models.

Man i just got the same watch, didnt change the brace but i plan to try a nato when my tool for removing the brace arrives.

I'm the dude who posted the question about winding. Do u have an idea about that?

No, the 7S26 can't be handwound.

google.com/search?q=accurist celestial watch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
leads to
amazon.com/Accurist-GMT118UK-Celestial-Commemorative-Collection/dp/B008KDOXBG
Actually fairly priced...very tempting.

Ok thanks. So if I turn the crown on position 0, it does nothing then?

They're called "watches", silly

Blatant knock-off or not, they're pretty good competitors to many under $500 watches and cheaper/lower end Swiss watches like Tissot even. I can personally say that the bracelets on the Invicta Pro Divers are unbelievably better than the bracelets on the some of the Tissots, if the movement is regulated, the Seiko NH35, it can keep as good time as a basic ETA 2824, and the Invicta pro-divers like the 8926 are incredibly easy to modify. I've said this once, but people can hate the brand, hate the name, but Invicta creates a lot of durable and of relatively good quality watches. I don't mind if people bash their shitty marketing practices, but the watches themselves are of a different standard. Again, you can be stuck up and bitch about cheap watches too, but that doesn't really change the fact that they are actually decent watches, even for a couple hundred if they were priced there. FYI, I don't own an Invicta, but I have seen them, very interested in buying the 8926 to modify and use a beater, but I'm a dedicated domestic Seiko lover. Btw when I say you, I am not directly inferring you user.

I'm the other dude that got a snk809 and asked about winding.

Just curious: would the skx007 be 2big4me?

it's a big watch

Almost certainly, those are some bitch wrists

>snk 36mm
>skx007 46mm
it is literally gonna be 25% larger than your current snk809, but hey, don't let your puny wrists deter you from getting a watch you like. Some fags do wear 60mm Diesel watches on their putrid wrists.

Man I'm new to watches, but it is the same as phones.

Big phone = big watch = big wrist/hand ----> BIG DICK

I woonder if females really think this or if is just a male meme

I think it might be the skx013, but they do make a smaller version of the skx007. Can't remember the exact product code though.

Orient Sparta.

What's the best analog Casio watch that's around $10 to $20 on Amazon? I'm looking for something that doesn't look super technical or have a ton of features; I just need the time to the second.

Spring for an mdv106. Awesome visibility.

You don't need any special tool to remove the bands, just get a small flathead screwdriver or any small pointy object. You could probably even do it with a paperclip

it's okay I like this watch so far and I'm glad it's cheap because I won't worry about breaking it. I'll use it as an every day beater.

Anybody own an Elektronika 5?

How the fuck do I play the musical tunes?

Hey it's the nato strap SNK809 guy, this is the rest of my "collection". But the shitty quartz watches on the left were from before I knew about watches and have dead batteries, and the Rolex and panarei on the right are absolutely fake and no I don't wear them or try to pass them off. But thank you Cred Forums you've taught me a lot. I think you gave me a watch fetish..

Bro we have the same wrists . I'm the other snk809 guy, the size shouldn't matter it's all really just personal opinion, I wear a lot of clothing with long sleeves and fall and winter are coming up so it should look that bad. Skx007 is beautiful

>Skx007 is beautiful
They sure are, although this is an SKX009.

doesn't the skx009 have a slighty blue tinted face?

It's pretty neat (although the actual stars on the dial are really really tiny). If that model number is accurate, that's the 50n version. For an analog watch that tells sidereal time, hard price to beat.

Skx009 is very nice too! I just like neutral colors since it wouldn't match my outfits every day unless I always wore red. But the colors are very vivid.

Yo nineball, which GS do you own? I remember it vaguely, it had a blue dial.

Yes it's very dark blue. Tats the reason I got it, I found the black dial a bit too flat.

That an aftermarket bezel insert and bracelet by the way, it comes with a Pepsi bezel and jubilee bracelet as standard.

Pic related.

We have reached the bump limit. Link to new thread?

SBGH031