>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/281997162654?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=580954562098&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless
amazon.com/Topre-Realforce-All-45gram-Tenkeyless-Keyboard/dp/B00DE88WHS
originativeco.com/products/modern-beige
amzn.com/B01E8KO2B0
amzn.com/B01E57PT4A
youtu.be/pb5M8nXUdCY
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=3&size=&led=8&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=708
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=3&size=60%&led=all&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1606
originativeco.com/products/tada68
youtube.com/watch?v=Bvl7YJVkoFc
youtube.com/watch?v=I-5kiJoE8Wo
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=fc750r
massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-ergodox-kit
deskthority.net/wiki/Futaba_clicky_switch
amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01ABUJ0FY
amzn.com/B01BYKAOXC
amzn.com/B00BQU9NVK
gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_403633.html?wid=21
massdrop.com/buy/npkc-side-legend-pbt-keycap-set?mode=guest_open
youtube.com/watch?v=9u4NlkGEfcU
ldlc.com/fiche/PB00208628.html
ldlc.com/fiche/PB00109014.html
matias.ca/securepro/pc/
matias.ca/laptoppro/mac/
youtube.com/watch?v=jeHOgxmbzRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

need to find somewhere local to cut a wood section for a planck, but i think one offs cost so fucking much

meme life = hard life

Laser cutting should be less expensive than CNCing it would, at least.

This was originally about some user's request for recommendations at a reasonable price, of which they hoped buckling springs were a good option for gaming, Not saying the builder can't charge what they do but that is solidly out of the price range and not in a familiar layout.

I want to use my mech with my tablet, any recommendations on OTG cables are will literally any one do?

Thoughts on the Pok3r RGB?

Looks ugly

what about the non RGB variant?

I've seen those same exact keycaps on a Ducky shine 5. Also the USB cable says Ducky on it.
Is that even a Pok3r keyboard?

Don't have RGB, but I have a pok3r with clears and I really, really like it. Shit feels solid but I do want to swap out for some DSA keycaps asap

Way less ugly, but the keycaps look like shit

yes. its from a reviewer who decided that rather than routing a new cable for reviewing it he would just use his ducky one.

>tfw want rgb lighting
>tfw every rgb keyboard comes with ugly lettering on its keycaps

Where to buy keycaps that look like code/wasd, kbparadise v80, or filco font?

Ducky and vortex share a lot of their manufacturing. Every "made in china" Ducky is actually made by vortex, and apparently RGB Pok3r is made by Ducky in taiwan.

On the inside, Pok3r RGB is pretty much a 60% ducky shine 5. It has a similar PCB, the same dual PCB design created by ducky, same leds, and even the lightning mode configurations work the same.

Masterkeys Pro S.

Ducky One RGB caps are way better tho.

This is a Shine 5 PCB btw.

>staggered layouts

Wtf is that nightmare

1 unit modifiers and spacebar? that looks fucking awful to use.

I accidentally killed my Poseidon Z RGB, so I bought this small white/black keyboard for my setup (I'm going white/black). I chose blue switches, cause I'm pretty sure the switches are khail and my previous keyboard had khail blues. I plan on upgrading, but how will this do for now Cred Forums?

ebay.com/itm/281997162654?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=580954562098&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

every thread until it arrives

>having human hands

>Budget
Under $200 USD

>Location (continent at least)
US

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX or Topre depending on suggestion

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
80% TKL

>Keycaps
Preferably PBT but open to suggestions (like buying keycaps separately)

>Backlight
Yes/No Depending on suggestion

>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G910 , Blackwidow Ultimate (...)

I'm kind of new to buying TKLs and am shamelessly a rhythm gamefag.
I was looking at Novatouch or Leopold fc750r browns but I'm not sure which one is more suited for my hobby.

Thanks in advance.

>Cherry MX
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless

>Topre
amazon.com/Topre-Realforce-All-45gram-Tenkeyless-Keyboard/dp/B00DE88WHS

about to pull the trigger on a realforce 87u 55g, anything i should know or consider?

what is that?

originativeco.com/products/modern-beige

Just use saw, files and chisel you lazy city dweller.

What is the best mechanical keyboard to insert into my anus and use as mastabatory aid?

anything with miami, the bigger the better

thinking about getting a unicomp keyboard. anyone have one?

i have had one for a week now, i fucking love it

the spacebar on my kbparadise v80 is starting to get stuck, and it's not as smooth as it used to be
wat do

clean and lube it maybe

Found a steal at my local Goodwill for $1

It's not mechanical, but it types so fucking good I seriously thought it was at first (It's Rubber Dome.) I'm a poorfag and like 90% of my money goes towards bills so I can't afford the real deal.

It's a Dell QuietKey RT7D5JTW.

It's kind of ironic I forgot to mention as well, but it is called QuietKey but it is actually quite clicky

ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵇᵘʸ ᵃ ᵏᵉʸᵇᵒᵃʳᵈ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵃ ᶜʰᶤᶰᵉˢᵉ ʷᵉᵇˢᶤᵗᵉ

tried nothing changed

nevermind works well now

Can we settle this once and for all? Is pic related worth buying?

>browns

They must be better than my current rubber domes. Should I get this or pay 3x more for something else? Like a FC660.

amzn.com/B01E8KO2B0

It's a goddamn cable user

Also worth pointing out that it's available with Cherry MX switches... for $30 more. At that point, I'd rather just go with a big boy kb.

Anyone here try those aristotle clicky switches? Thinking of grabbing some along with round 4 of feelios.

There's one you can find with Gateron, those switches are much better, and don't get browns. Go full tactile click with Blues or full light linearity with Reds

Yes, this one. $63. At that price point I'd almost rather just go up to a quality/reputable manufacturer.

amzn.com/B01E57PT4A

I do like the feel of Blues, but I will be using it in an office and apartment both around others. Don't want to be that guy.

$63 is cheap as shit for a Gateron "TKL"

Cheap way of getting switches into a small European country like Lithuania? I don't really feel like paying 13$ for a few switches to get shipped here.

They are zorro switches, I got the same board from GearBest $30dlls with a discount , it's a nice board , love the big ESC key but hate the weird bottom row

The switches have variances, they are not consistent around the board some are heavier than others

Im thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard but I dont know what color to get. Ill be doing a mixture of typing and gaming. Also what do o-rings do, do they stop keyboards from bottoming out? Thank you in advance.

$13 sounds reasonable

>want to get 9mm springs for my switches for ultimate smooth experience
>no manufacturer makes springs that match the requirements so I'd have to get them custom made
Duh, I wonder how much that costs.

Thinking about getting the Tada68 with MOD switches but can't decide between light, medium or heavy.

Daily driver at work is a Ducky Shine 4 with Cherry MX blues, at home I switch between a VA87 with Gateron blue switches and a MKB-84 SX with Alps SKCM White, the latter which I've enjoyed very much.

Any advice?

Okay, I just noticed that I wouldn't be able to rest my fingers on the keyboard without pressing them down a little. Problem solved I guess. Maybe I'll think about it when I have more money to spend on random ideas.

>10 dollar keyboard from logitechs site
>warranty for 3 years
>survives 3 years, somehow breaks, only spend another 10 dollars for a new one
>spend 30 bucks in minimum of 9 years

Will kailh blue switches last as long as regular mx cherry blue switch

they're probably more inconsistent so they'd be more likely to start chattering but then the keyboard they sit on might have a stricter debounce filter to compensate

Holy shit, where do the chinks buy springs from so that they can sell whole switches for 1$ a piece? Even if I bought 500 springs it would cost me 1$ per a single spring and when buying 100 of them it's 2$ per spring.

Planck is rough, thinking of selling and buying an Atreus instead. Thoughts?

What kits did you get for Godspeed?

>Solar
>Modifiers
>Novelties
>Cockpit

Still debating on Cockpit, $200 is a lot for me right now. Never tired either types of SA, really dunno.

First 60%, for tablet running ubuntu instead of carrying my large heavy laptop

keycaps arrived

here is a better lit picture

Nice choice of colors

It looks ugly as fuck. With Hydro, HyperFuse, Granite and Photo Studio happening all at the same time, I cant understand how would anybody opt for such a meh keyset.

Also, Mito is a faggot.

Wait are we talking about the springs or swithces?
Because you can buy 100 springs for like 15 bucks and 100 swithces for 50 bucks

Of all those key sets which one is the cheapest. Maybe that will answer your question.

I'm talking about springs, but I'm looking for a different length from that which is normally used in cherry MX and all springs manufacturers I found have some bullshit prices like 2$ per a single spring.

All of them cost less than $200.

Thats true but godspeed is the cheapest one of them all, not only that but it's also the second cheapest SA keycap set there is. The filco one is only 25 bucks cheaper. Thats why it has sold more then all the others despite looking much worse. Hydro looks better but its also double the price

I love the look of it. Been waiting for it for 6+ months.

Whats wrong with Mito?

i asked this in the last thread and didn't get any answers. i dont think anyone has experience with MOD switches to give a meaningful answer.

There's nothing similiar between those boards.
They're both keyboards with MX switches, so of course they share layout. That and red solder mask are the extent of their similiraties.

If you want to take Reddit McGee's word for it, this is a decent overview
youtu.be/pb5M8nXUdCY

when only a handful of people have touched these switches at all, it's not easy to get a good sample size of information

take everything you see no matter who it's from with a grain of salt for now

Order volumes for significant discounts on parts like that are in the hundreds of thousands to millions. ie: batch sizes an actual factory buys

Look for springs used in clocks or some other machinery that doesn't have elitist buyer audience.
I got my sound dampeners in a plumber store.

Currently buying poarts to build my first PC after playing console games for who knows how long
>Budget
$100-150 Would prefer to keep it there but if its a little above thats okay
California, USA
>Preferred switch type
Have no idea. I know i dont like heavy tall keys at my local college, but i do enjoy the clicky feel and sound of a mac keyboard that i use at work
>Layout
ANSI i guess?
>Form factor
Using a mac keyboard at work and i hate this things size so im thinking full or tenkeyless
>Backlight
pls rgb backlighting would be great but that usualy costs more
Using a mac keyboard for 8 hours a day and ive grown use to this thing. I understand this uses scissor switches?

Welp, that's it I suppose.

Yeah, that' sounds like the only sensible solution, cheers.

Scissor switches are just rubber domes with a square stabilizer that's crosses 2 pieces like a pair of scissors in order to make the key as short and flat as possible. Any decent mechanical switch is going to have taller keys.

I was looking at switches and i hate how low these switches are so i guess medium height ones would be good. I was just saying the taller keys are a no go for me

>Have no idea. I know i dont like heavy tall keys at my local college, but i do enjoy the clicky feel and sound of a mac keyboard that i use at work
The problem is that all mechanical keys are much taller then a scissor switch keyboard.
Also if this is going to be used in a work environment your colleges will kill you because of the loud noise a mechanical keyboard will produce. If you want a quiet mechanical keyboard then this is your only option:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
They also make then in a mac layout too if that what you need.
Now if you want a mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting then get a ducky shine 5 for full
or a ducky one for TKL:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=3&size=&led=8&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

Also if you want a really nice apple mechanical keyboard then get the classic AEK for you mac (pic related)

Your best option would be to go into a box store like microcenter and try out some the mechanical keyboards they have on display. Generally switches are split into three categories with linear, tactile, and clicky

I seem to be confusing some people. I want this keyboard for home use, and i want the key board to have medium height keys for gaming and some light typing for school work and such.

>medium height keys
There is a slight problem in that most keyboards use tall OEM style keycaps. If you want something shorter you have to buy that separately. There are no mechancial keys that are as short as scissor switch keyboards

well if you want shorter keycaps then g20 from pimpmykeyboard.com is probably the cheapest you can get. Others include cherry and DSA. The big problem here however is that non of them will work well with LEDs

What is the cheapest place to get cherry mx brown switches?
Ebay and AliE dont really have anything special. I'm not in a hurry and would like to get around 10-20 to replace a few black ones

Inly reasonable price I've found is
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=708

10$ just for 10 switches seems like a waste.

cherry profile keycaps are lower in height but it''ll still be thicc compared to a macfag keyboard

$10 with free shipping is a bargain what are you smoking nigger, you think they're gonna sell you just 10 stinking switches for $1 with free shipping

well I tought someone would have /csg/'d that shit up from somewhere

True 10$ isn't bad but at that point might as well sell the old for 50$ and buy a real mx brown board.

Got my replacement keycap (properly scooped J key) from originative today. 10/10 customer service.

Sure, the BASE set is cheaper. Considering all keys -like the keys someone willing to oay $200-, Hydro becomes cheaper. It has ISO kit, winkeyless, 1800, accent kit, etc.

This even without considering the keycap quality itself, SA cant compete with GMK, its pretty much a unanimous opinion.

>Whats wrong with Mito?

I just told you, he is a faggot.

Fucking drama queen implying everybody using blue is somehow copying Pulse. Also, a ~ledditor

Enjoy your reading:
geekhack org/index.php?topic=78797
?topic=66241
?topic=64274

are the ESC and Windows key on the Topre Realforce 87u identical? wanna buy replacement caps to get rid of the pesky flag but i can only find ESC topre keycaps

>are the ESC and Windows key on the Topre Realforce 87u identical?
They're both 1u keys, but the profile is different.

Just try swapping your super and esc key and see what happens.

>$140 (New or Used)
>US - Ohio
>Cherry MX Blue
>QWERTY
>60%
>White backlight or RGB
>Currently Logitech G710 MX Blue

Any recommendations? the Pok3r is something i have been very genuinely considering for the last while. but i assume that you Cred Forumsuys will give me some differing insight?

>MOD-Ms feel like Topre 45gs
>dammit, no experience with topres!
thanks. i know you said to take it all with a grain of salt but since feedback is scarce it seems the only thing i can do is dive in with my fingers crossed and see.

i'll be sure to give back to /mkg/ with my own feedback once i get mine in. check back with you all in 4 months.

Man why is everyone on geekhack such a tard. A couple threads ago there was the guy that triggered all the moderators because he wanted to make a GB for a set similar to one that was already being made, but they wouldn't even give him proof

are gateron clears too light

depends on what your definition for light is. Have you used other mechanical switches before?

No.

They're extremely light, it feels like you're just pushing away pillars of air under the keycaps as you type, but I wouldn't say that they're too light. It's just a matter of how accurate you are with your fingers, I can't say that I've been having much of a problem with them.

They're my favorite switch when it comes to linears.

I assume you already found the Pok3r rgb link if not:
if you want more options you can check these out:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=3&size=60%&led=all&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

oops I messed up the first link
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1606

Thanks. the site i found it on was 10 bucks more! would you recommend the Pok3r/do you have and experience with it? it looks great and im about to pull the trigger on it. i may go with a non RGB version i found on a BST site for $85

i have been using my poker 2 with clears for the past year or two. I tried my friends mx cherry reds and it felt super nice after using the clears for so long

I wouldn't recommend the pok3r since the metal case is spray painted, resonates and it isn't fully programmable. The pbt keycaps are also laser etched, so despite being PBT, you'll want to replace them sometime in the future since the legends will fade.

The RGB version comes with doubleshot ABS keycaps, so this at least eliminates the keycaps problem.

That being said, for only 85 bucks, get it.

How are the Leopold's fc750r?

Comfy PBT caps and decent quality for anyday use?

>Budget
£100
UK
>Preferred switch type
Don't really know, currently using browns but not a fan of the bump.
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Preferrably not
Currently typing on a G710+ Browns, previously used a G15 v2

Pls help

>Budget
< $70 CAD (preferably as cheap as possible)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
Whatever is good for an office environment where people are spread about 6 feet apart. I like Cherry Blues, but I'm not sure if those will be too loud.
>Layout
Normal?
>Form factor
100%. Need numpad for data entry.
>Backlight
No
Filco M2

Now if only GMK would do ergodox addon kits. I may actually buy one of their keysets.

Hi guys, recently had an old ass keyboard die on me so I'm in the market for a new one. I've never owned a mechanical keyboard so can anyone recommend me one?

Budget is $100
In USA
Linear gray (i guess)
ANSI layout preferred
100% form factor
Backlight or not, doesn't really matter to me.

What is this beauty called?

Got my Magicforce with knockoff cherry brown switches in today. The 65% layout is comfy as fuck. The switches feel nice, I am a fan of browns. The keycaps are ugly as sin but I have some PBT keycaps coming in the mail in about a week. I'd recommend it.

Tada68

I'll definitely check it out.
Thank you

pls respond

The current run ships in January, so you'll certainly have plenty of time to check it out.

Highly recommendable though, I don't think I've ever seen a keyboard that does this many things right, even less so at this price point.

Ducky one with blue switches. There are many different keyboards in the ducky one line up so pick one that you like, personally I would get the one with PBT keycaps

GMK carbon had a (blank) ergodox kit. Maybe we will see more sets coming with them on future rounds.

Probably GMK Plum.

Typing on this with browns right now. I personally like the feel of the browns a lot. I like feeling a little bit of a bump as I press down keys, but I cannot stand the sound of the blues for more than 1 minute.

I am a mechanical keyboard noob though. I have typed on blues once, and I tried my friend's reds once. The blues felt nice and tactile, but they were obnoxious. The reds for me felt too light and I had a lot of missed keystrokes with them, however I liked that they weren't as loud and they were still faster than the blues.

These browns, to me as I type on them right now, feel tactile with enough resistance and general feel to make me confident that I should be missing less keystrokes, but they are not obnoxiously loud.

tl;dr
If you like the feel of blues but you can't stand the sound, fuck the /mkg/ memes and go with browns. It is the happy medium it was advertised to be, although yes I hear that clears are an even better alternative.

What do you mean by run? Did you order on massdrop?

If you think blues are loud you should try a buckling spring keyboard.

No you order from originative
originativeco.com/products/tada68

MOD-switch guy hereI'm also jumping on this buy as well but steering clear of the gaterons since I am already familiar with them.

From the video posted earlier, I'm hard-pressed to go with MOD-Ms. Here's what a rep had to say about them:

"If you like the feel of Cherry MX clear switches, I would have to recommend the MOD-H switch as that is our heaviest switch. If you think that Cherry MX Clears may feel fatiguing after long typing periods, I would suggest considering the MOD-M switches. The MOD-M and MOD-L switches do feel a bit more tactile than the MOD-H switches due to the lighter spring weight. The MOD-L switches have a similar weight to the Cherry MX blues and Gateron blues."

It didn't when it actually went onto massdrop iirc. I remember one of ivan's GBs for PBT dye subs, and the MOQ for an erogodox addon from GMK was 250 units. So RIP.

Well the thing is, from the sounds that I've heard from the Model M, I prefer that sound because it is deeper. I just can't stand the high pitched clicks that the blues make.

Is it possible to buy a mod switch to test it out. I dont mind paying $5 per switch. Ideally I would like all three of them

I do have an IBM model M and even with the doors closed you can still hear it from the room next door. And I have some pretty thick walls

see i think he mentions that some time later after the run ends that they will sell the switches separately

for the most part it seems there just isn't enough general consensus to get a full idea of how they'll feel. that's why i reached out to hear it straight from the source referencing what switches i currently have and like to get a vague idea of what i should pick.

What switches did you choose and why?

damn son
well still though, the blues sounded annoying to me. It is a matter of preference I know, but also being a college student and having roommates, I wanted switches that wouldn't get a lot of complaints when I'm typing up papers late in the night. With the door closed nobody can hear my browns apparently, which is what I wanted.

im with ya. Cherry MX Green, Cherry MX Blue and Gateron Blue all have that high pitched click. i used to like it until i got Alps Whites which just feel crisp and sound so subdued.

bought a V60 with matias click switches so i can preserve my ortek. any idea what im in for as far as sound is concerned?

I havent bought one yet, thinkink about it. Im on the fence about buying mod switches, but I would rather test them out first

This should give you an idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bvl7YJVkoFc

holy balls the clicks are louds. hope i didn't make the wrong decision on this one; maybe the quiet clicks should have been the way to go.

The dude's mic also makes the quiet clicks sound loud, so it's probably just exaggerated.

Any thou

ghts on the Ducky One?

Model Ms can vary considerably in sound depending on when they were made. I have a 1391401 blue label from '94 that sounds significantly softer than the Unicomp I had before it.

Pretty much this. The problem I have with MX blues isn't the volume. It's that the pitch is like nails on a chalkboard.

That video sounds like the mic gain is through the roof.

To put things into perspective Matias quiet boards tend to make less noise than your average rubber dome keyboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-5kiJoE8Wo

He negates everything by hammering down on the keys

just got my new keyboard today

so sorry to hear, maybe you can find an applecare support group

thats a GOAT keyboard. I can type on that thing 2-5x faster than on a regular cherry mx keyboard.

this

Hey boys, sort of unusual request.

I want (NEED) shiny metal silver keycaps (Not real silver, I mean the colour.)

I currently have a meme k70 keyboard and I know i cannot get keycaps for it that will cover the whole thing.

Whats the most economical way to make this happen?

assdrop modifiers just ended

a full set is gonna cost you $100+ probably

Gateron clears, because gateron clears are some of my favorite switches.

As far as membrane keyboards go, these things are actually quite good.

>no alps option

fuk

Anons, is there any flat-keycap keyboards? I found Tesoro Gram, I like it, but is there any thing more flatter with rgb?

that's about as flat as you're gonna get

Whatever board you want with DSA caps.

You must be blind or something. Link me a single board other than Ducky that uses a dual pcb design. Even the way components are arranged and labeled is the same.

Yeah the FC750R is good.
Mechanicalkeyboards.com finally have them in stock.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=fc750r

otherwise just buy from widebasket on ebay.

YES

It did. Happened on a separated drop tho, but at the same time as carbon.

Here: massdrop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-ergodox-kit

If I remember correctly it got 300 orders or so. GMK MOQ isnt as high as it used to be.

Neat. Guess I'll keep on the lookout for it in case another GMK groupbuy offers it.

The keycaps that come with the board are top notch.

I really wish there were good mechanical low profile switches.

Thanks user. Perhaps I will snag it after all. I can always get a nicer one in the future, one for work one for home :)

As for the board itself, no complaints on quality?

the best that you can do is get low profile keycaps like DSA, G20, or Cherry

>tfw just got 120 Gateron browns
They feel awesome. More tactile than cherry browns and smoother than kailh reds (even comparable to cherry reds). I didn't expect them to arrive so soon and don't have any backplate ready though.

My only complaint would be that they are harder to open since you need to pull at two points at once.

Where can I buy iso keycaps from?

>ISO

Id rather have ansi

Ducky sells ISO Keycaps. If you want a Nordic layout then Ducky Nordic is where you get them , if its for the UK then any Ducky partner there should have some

why
ISO is COMFY
O
M
F
Y

I'm just used to ansi, but when I bought my new kb I wasn't paying attention and accidently bought an iso one

Cheers, i'll check that out

haven't been here in a couple of moths
is that the keyboard you built yourself?

how does one accidentally buy ISO..
I always have to look for ages after ISO-keyboards.

Was purchasing a poker 3

All of the images were of an ansi poker 3 keyboard, so I just presumed the listing was for an ansi poker 3, didn't realize till it was too late that the listing was for an iso keyboard, pretty lame

I wish. Having the equipment to build a thing like this one would be amazing.

You're probably thinking of this one.

hello, is there a mechanical keyboard with low height profile ?

I like my keyboards flat.

No. You can get low-profile keycaps, but there's no such thing as a low profile mechanical keyboard.

Keep it up. Some day youll find something really cool. I used to hit up probably like 6 goodwills a week for a few years. I got so many mechanicals but oddly enough the only one I passed up would have been the only one that I had today. It was a space invader keyboard but back then I disliked MX blues with a passion and lighter clicky switches I wasnt big on and didnt feel like spending $3 on the space invaders board. Now I would love to have a space invader keyboard in my collection.

P.S. I still dislike MX blues. In fact if any of you anons happen to live in mesa or tempe and dont mind meeting up at a mcdonalds I will give you a free goodie bag including a TKL worth of mx blues and a soldering project or maybe more depending on how imaginative you are.

What keyboard?

Nice, I totally read that in Boromir's voice.

What is the minimum height that can be had?

asking for a friend

>asking for a friend
sure...
Well if you want a mainstream keyboard they are all the same. Now if you want something else that isn't mainstream then the lowest mechanical key that I know of would be futaba switches. Some versions have cherry MX mounts so keycap compatibility shouldn't be an issue. If you pair them with g20 profile you'd have some pretty slim switches
deskthority.net/wiki/Futaba_clicky_switch

>RGB
I hate where the keyboard lighting is going with this rainbow faggotry.

Which brings me to my question.

anyone have any experience with the MX Silent switches, or burgundy, whatever they're called?

I kinda want to get a keyboard that isn't as loud as my current one and my friend managed to cut the cord on his Rainbow Corsair ricer keyboard, which has the silent switches.

I could get it from him for cheap, because he's clueless about how to fix something like that.

you don't have to use them with rainbow colors, you can have whichever color(s) you want or turn the lights off entirely

The pink ones?

The feel like reds with a sheet of soft dampening material at the bottom of the downstroke.

Wow, what a great friend and human being you are.

if you want a really quiet keyboard then try something with Matias quiet click switches

>Not ISO

not using a matrix/grid layout

Think a guy at my work has one of those, I'll ask if I can try it out. Think he got it for the same reason, except he likes alps.
does it feel nicer than a red with dampener?
I'm aware.
It's not like I'm taking advantage of him, I offered to fix the keyboard for him, but he had already bought another keyboard with the same coloured led gimmick.

What on earth am I looking at

>does it feel nicer than a red with dampener?
I'd have to go back to Japan to try them again to be sure, but I'd say that they felt somewhat better since you only hit the rubber material at the bottom of the downstroke.

Can you get custom keycaps for Strafe?

Nah there's the Cherry 4000 and 5000 series but ML switches are shit and pretty much have to be lubed before they're even usable.

Hm, green gaterons are not bad and give nice sound in metal case.

Nice keycaps. Oткyдa?

I'm looking for a wireless keyboard with a trackpad for my living room. I have a rasperry pi hooked up and I'm using it to control a Kodi media center.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard that would be good to use in a living room? Preferably, one that is backlit, can be recharged and passed around to guests.

At my job we're required to use company assigned laptops.

I hate using the laptop keyboard / the alternative membrane keyboards they provide. Is there a decently cheap mech keyboard (chink shit is ok) that I can buy to use?

I use a daskeyboard at home, if that helps in your advice.

amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01ABUJ0FY

Anyone have any experience with Outemu switches?

I took them from cougar attack 2, which has been disassembled for parts. They are shitty abs anyway.

a former coworker had one. they felt dull and wobbly. even kailh would be better.

I need a me chanical keyboard. Decided on reds. Looking for 80 bucks or less, full size.

Current keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse II, key spacing is too short compared to the Razr Tarantula. Was thinking Corsair's K70 OR their Strafe on Amazon since they've got a 20% off code until the 7th.

Any suggestions? I play a lot of FPS, including Overwatch and Unreal Tournament(while I'm making maps for its new release), so reds would do me perfect.

>Was thinking Corsair's
No.

Get a cooler master or a ducky.

but woodworking is scary :(

Sure. Any suggestions on CM stuff? I have 40 bucks in amazon credit because I sold the GoW4 key that came with my 1070 and Ducky stuff doesn't appear to be there.

that's what she said

The new masterkey series, or any non-backlit cooler master.

>not using dvorak typematrix

Cool beans man, thanks for the suggestions. Soon as I get paid this week I'll hop on it.

If one wanted to get custom keycaps to replace the ones on a Gateron brown board, what profile must they be?

Alright, let's do this

>Budget
under 100€ preferably, up to 150€ if not otherwise possible
Germany/Netherlands
>Preferred switch type
Blue switch
>Layout
preferably ANSI, ISO is fine as long as it's US(EU).
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
nope
Only shit rubber domes

Masterkeys looks exactly like WASD

where can i buy Unicomp Model M keycaps?

not on unicomp because shipping is a fuckton

Alright, I'll try here

>Budget
>=$70
Usa
>Preferred switch type
Blue cherry looks good, wish I could test for myself though
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
I could live without this meme
Some HP shit. Wake me up

I wish I could get a roccat suora with mx blues

jesus fuck they don't even say the switch type on the official website or the amazon page, had to look in the amazon comments to find out that it's brown

Get a ducky one. If you google ducky channel partners the first link will give you ducky resellers from around the world. There is one in germany, but if you want one from some other place you can find it there

Yeah. I found out through massdrop, it's a bummer

more like roccat huora.

Rosewill RK 9000 is $75. There are also a couple CM keyboards in that price range

Im not too familiar with unicomp, but cant you just buy a broken model m for cheap and replace the keycaps, unless unicomp uses different keycaps

is there any place on the internet where i can buy Topre PBT keycaps for the super key?

I've never paid any attention to this, but why is US enter different than in most european keyboards?

How to change keycaps?
How to change keycaps?

US enter and left shift are more ergonomic, european layouts are trash

"more ergonomic"
>not wanting bigass enter

>Budget
150€, but if it's a real good one I wouldn't mind paying more I guess.
France
>Preferred switch type
I like my mx blues, but my colleagues, well, they hate it. So clears ? Topres ?
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
rather not
Pok3r meme.

>Budget
150€+
Finland
>Preferred switch type
MX Silent or similar
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Don't need
Lexmark Model M

brotip: get a screwdriver and just push between the two legs

What do you think of this kind of thing?

spooky.

Looks like shit.

are there any mechanical wireless keyboards?

The Punisher key cap is cool, the rest look stupid

Does anybody know of decent 60% (or smaller) keyboards with green switches and in UK layout? (with the fat return key among other things)

Having used gateron clears for the past few days, even 45g Topre feels almost heavy now.

This is a circle jerk. No one here is going to answer you.
>just leave

Tada :3

Those keycaps are hideous. Did that keyboard come like that or did you intend for it to be ugly?

Model of that Ganzo?

amzn.com/B01BYKAOXC
>or
amzn.com/B00BQU9NVK

gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_403633.html?wid=21

quite sure it was this one.
Too bad they don't make these in some flamboyant colors like pink or turquoise, I'd throw my money at that in an instant.

The Royal Kludge RK61 and the Filco Minila Air are the only wireless mechs I know of.

Thanks
>Too bad they don't make these in some flamboyant colors like pink or turquoise

I notice this every time.

I guess we all see what we want to see.

I have one of those waiting for me, the one in your pic that is.

Try the tex yoda and get a hasu bluetooth controller

Wiki hasnt been updated for a while

Anybody have an opinion of the Ducky Shine 5? Thinking about buying one with Browns for home use. Video games, writing, bit of webdev etc

What are your guys opinions on artisan caps?

Should I try to make my own or just shill the 40 something bucks?

Nearly all of them look like garbage, and the ones that aren't outright ridiculous are still gaudy in some fashion or another.

Looks stupid and is overpriced

I have both that and the air mouse. I find that I use the air mouse more, because it only requires one hand to use and it's a god tier remote.

Yea I still think I would find myself coming back to normal keys after I jabbed my finger on one anyway

they seem cool for keys that you wouldn't really use

Why do you have mostly blacks and then reds on spacebar, shift and capslock?

thoughts on these?
massdrop.com/buy/npkc-side-legend-pbt-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

artisan caps are the man rings of keyboard accessories. whether or not you think that is a good thing or not depends on whether or not you're Italian

why do people want tactile feedback?

youtube.com/watch?v=9u4NlkGEfcU

gaymen reasons, though I don't really use that thing for gaymen.

I don't really use that thing for anything, TKL is still too huge for my standards.

And I was running out of blacks, hence the FN row in clears.

this user gets it

Just got this in the mail and holy shit it's nice to type on. I bought it on a whim knowing next to nothing about it, but it was cheap, looked nice, and was IBM, so even if it was rubber dome, it would have still been decent. Turns out it uses some ancient green alps switch with a really tall stem, and while I always thought that I hated linear switches due to a Best Buy demo of a MX Red board, this thing is pleasant enough to be a daily driver.

How hard will it be to put a new controller in this thing so I can actually use it?

>IBM Pingmaster
>nice to type

What switches did you try exactly?

Who even looks at the keys though?

god i hate fags

If you still are here check out ldlc.com/fiche/PB00208628.html
It has PBT caps which I highly recommend. If you want something cheaper buy this and use the rest to get yourself a nice mouse or save up for a good monitor
ldlc.com/fiche/PB00109014.html

Also these were just examples if you want other switches then they sell those too

She feels great guys, almost exactly like my alps.

Matias has a couple. One does keyboard-to-receiver encryption and the other is bluetooth but is in mac layout only.

matias.ca/securepro/pc/
matias.ca/laptoppro/mac/

Where can you get one key on that website?

god hates fags too

Is re-painting a case with spray paint a bad idea?

no, as long as you do it properly the paint shouldn't ship off, There are a couple of guides on geekhack, reddit, etc.

just because it makes ping sounds doesn't mean the switches aren't incredibly smooth and satisfying to type on.

pretty much every owner on GH and DT echoes this.

As someone who's only used cherry mx, why should I look at gateron? What do they provide that I can't get form cherry?

A smoother switch. You know there are other switches that aren't cherry clones

Ignoring the tactile bump, do Cherry Brown switch represent how rough all cherry switches are?

Right on, also doesn't seem like they have the weights I like (55g tactile)... looks like I'll explore the zealios switches and see what's up there

and yeah, I know about alps and topre, but all my keycaps use MX, so I'd like to stay in the family, so to speak... also not a fan of the buckling spring model m type keys

why not get the most mechanical switch ever made?

Like I said, my keycaps are MX compatible.

What makes Alps the most mechanical switch ever made?

those aren't not alps, they just use the same stem

wow I messed up that post
youtube.com/watch?v=jeHOgxmbzRE

Why do people buy multiple colors of a specific key profile? SA sets in particular cost $60 to $200, and the only difference between sets is color. It seems like owning one keyset of each profile should be enough, then sell/trade the ones you don't like.

>Why do people buy multiple colors of a specific key profile?
Why do people buy more than one analogue or digital watch? It's fashion, of a sort.

Watch's are dumb

>Watch's
>'s
And so are you, apparently.

I was just pretending to be retarded get trolled dude

XD

terrible picture. where does one find alps/matias keycaps? they seem hard to come by.

Matias sells the same sets they use for their keyboards as well as stabilizers.

Customs, though? Just from very rare group buys, afaik.

What key caps should I get for my cherry blue Ducky One?

Black doesn't really look good with keycaps duder

see

Tesoro Gram

*tips*

n-nice legs

Can you suggest an alternative? its £140 Prime right now and honestly I don't mind paying that

I like tactile feedback. I was considering reds for vidya but I fondled one in Maplin and hated the linear style.

you might get disappointed with the low amount of tactile feedback on the browns if you haven't tried them first so you know what they're like

okay maybe I'm defining tactile wrong but the tl;dr is that I've bought it because I got a tax rebate last week and I already have a Browns keyboard that I want to replace

ok you should be fine then, just that some people find out they don't like out browns after buying without trying. and there's nothing wrong with ducky shine 5

I'm excited to be honest, my current is a Qpad and I fucking hate it. Thanks for reassuring me on my sick purchase

Hi /mkg/, looking for a decent no-frills keyboard with standard keycaps:

>Budget
Max 170$

Norway, Europe

>Preferred switch type
MX Brown

>Layout
ISO

>Form factor
100% full

>Backlight
Not necessary

Currently typing on a Func Cherry MX Brown, but it doesn't have to be the same.

What is the difference between poker 2 and 3?

EU
>Preferred switch type
red/brown/blue
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
as small as it can get
>Backlight
doesn't matter
>Extra
needs to be wireless

DOES THIS FUCKING EXIST?

plastic vs metal case, more programmable layers, RGB options

I bought white PBT-keycaps and dyed them.

good for you

cool

>120 CAD (90 USD)
>Vancouver, Canada
>Cherry Browns
>ANSI
>Anything with a Numpad
>None or white only
>Nothing mechanical

JELLY

Is the IBM Model M concidered mechanical

Of course it is.

Filco would be the best choice

Theres a fujitsu-ten pretty close to me. What are the chances of them having happy hackys for sale?

They might have the older rubberdomes for sale. The topre ones might not be instock, but it doesnt hurt to check

In the US the ducky ones made of that 90s transparent plastic and white backlight sell for $89

Where can I cop?

I was recently given Razer keyboard and it's comfy as fuck to type on, I don't even use it for gaymen. Why do Razer keywords have such a bad reputation?

you'll see soon enough

nah jk they dropped Cherrys for Kailh at reduced expense to themselves and no savings passed onto customers while pretending they're the same quality. also cancerous fanbase and marketing.

I own a Razer mouse but I'd never buy one of their keyboards

they're not aesthetically pleasing, made with bad materials, and generally have bad quality control /w inconsistencies, dead switches, dead LEDs, etc.

they use kailh over cherry now but keep the price high just for the brand name.

they feel just as good as any other mechanical keyboard for the first couple months i guess, but after that i noticed that every key was inconsistent, and a couple of switches were just straight up dead.

they're expensive but other than that they're pretty good and there's nothing wrong with their switches, it's their own design and they control the production process and their switches are consistent which you can't say for most chink boards

good tkl keyboard with detachable usb cord? feels like my kbt oni is kicking the bucket and shopping for a tentative replacement

I need help finding a keyboard. I use a Model M at home, and I love the feel of buckling springs, but I need a quiet or silent version of that for work, but I've never really used anything other than a buckling spring for extended use. Right now I'm using a Cherry MX Red keyboard, but it sucks fucking dick for typing because there's zero response, and I'm constantly having accidental keypresses with my resting hand because it's such weak shit.

tl;dr: Live in USA, don't care if ISO or ANSI, need a keyboard/switch that is as close to buckling spring as possible, but quiet/silent.

I use Clears at my job typing in an office and nobody has ever complained about it. Great switch, I use a Pok3r, would recommend.

I have a model M too and the only cherry switch that I have used that can come close to it is a cherry blue. But I wouldnt recommend it since it 's about as loud. Now if you want a better option then look at Matias quiet click switches.
mechanicalkeyboards.com

Here is the link

Nice, I'll check it out thanks.

And yeah, I have no particular great love for Cherry switches, I've always assumed they were kind of a meme.

They arent that bad, cherry is just the consumer standard. Also buckling springs are a pretty heavy switch compared to blues

Where do you find/buy this style of keycap? I love the old-school kind of rounded cap.

DSA caps can be bought many places

There is the godspeed one on massdrop right now, but if you dont like it then pimpmykeyboard.com has some options, none of which are in stock right now. There are also Filco spherical ones

I think thats SA profile

That's SA profile, signature plastics produces them.

Oh shit, that godspeed one on massdrop looks fantastic. I wish it were ISO but I'm buying that shit up anyway.

There is an iso add on set

They seperated the iso into UK and Nordic sets. So you have to buy one of those

Just got this yesterday. Loving it so far.

new thread

>close to buckling springs but quiet

Dampened alps then. Vintage boards are hard to come by and require protocol converters. Matias quiet for new ones.