This works!

This works!

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/hardware-mod-insert-two-nano-sim-card-plus-micro-sd-card-in-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

holy fucking shit OP

redmi note 3 pro?

yep

Good luck getting the sim and sd card out by the way. OP

Cred Forumsore thread?

Nice, gonna do the same with some microSD cards when mine arrives for throwaway accounts.

has chinkshit gone too far?

The fuck is this?

A tray for dual SIMs and a microSD card

This really made me think

People have been doing thus since phones with trays like that came out

xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/hardware-mod-insert-two-nano-sim-card-plus-micro-sd-card-in-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/

First one in search results is from March, how do people not know about this

Wait it's not supposed to be like this? What, do you get the choice between dual SIMs or a SIM and a microSD card?

I don't understand. How can the SIM card reader read the microSD?

yes

it's a combo slot so it can fit either sim or sd card. the pins to read them are in corresponding positions so of course this works. It's only a physical space issue, the pins still line up if you do this obviously and it has been around for a long time.

That's incredibly retarded

it *REALLY* fucking is. Nearly all the dual sim phones that are over $400 are like this too. For some reason the cheaper ones DONT force this(mostly because their entire back panels peel off)

Since it works, its clear its not a hardware limitation either... These phone makers are just too fucking stupid to arrange this shit in a usable way. Either making the tray wider/longer, or having a 2nd tray, or maybe... i dunno.. a removable back to ALSO swap the battery? Nah, thats crazy talk!!!

All they need to do is make the tray like a mm thicker so it can fit it how it is anyway then move the one set of pins one mm out more as well, they don't because they don't want to, not because it's difficult

it's a dual sim phone, with one sim slot doubling as a microsd slot

Some dual SIM card phones allow you to use either a micro SD card or a SIM card in the second SIM tray.

OP has managed to fit both the second SIM and a micro SD card into the second slot.

If anyone is wondering, most SIM cards keep the actual electronics under the contacts, so you can cut or dissolve away the rest of the SIM card and then glue the contact part to a MicroSD card.

Fly at it if you're okay with ripping away the tiny gold bond wires.