Lubuntu

Holy shit this is a fast distro. With all of the gentoo and arch memes, I'm surprised no one here has taken this one seriously. I'm impressed.

>look kids, he fell for the GUI placebo effect
>"it sure as fuck looks and feels like it's fast even though I can't actually prove it..."

Nah, no placebo. I've tested and tried them all. It's actually less bloated than Ubuntu. If I would've installed Ubuntu and placed the new environment on top of it, it wouldn't be the same. Lubuntu =/= Ubuntu.

I wouldn't say its the FASTEST, but It has nice consistent performance between lower and higher end PCs, making it good for a linux flash drive or a semi-old PC.

Well fucking DUH, it's designed to be a more streamlined and less resource intensive version of Ubuntu (which it still is, it just uses a different DE like all Ubuntu derivatives do).

It's a placebo, seriously. If you run some actual benchmarks on the core code (not the GUI aspects) it'll get practically equal results as Ubuntu on the same hardware.

>le placebo brah xD
Yeah, sure, it's a placebo. I tried and tested all popular distros and found this to be the fastest after running it through the same tests I've used for the other distros. I don't know what's your problem, but it seems to be that you're a 13 year old arch fag. Time to head back to your forums, kiddo.

It certainly felt like it after testing it out, but I agree with
>has nice consistent performance between lower and higher end PCs, making it good for a linux flash drive or a semi-old PC.

Install gentoo

Lold at the thought of using a poorfag DE.

>With all of the gentoo and arch memes,
Well done for making yourself look like a fool who has no idea what he's talking about.

>Drives a 1956 Nash Metropolitan for a year.
>Test drives a Miata.
Holy crap this is fast. With all the Ferrari and Lamborghini memes, I'm surprised no one takes this one seriously.

Good job Andrei!

How much RAM does it consume? Ubuntu 14 04 with LXDE (NOT lubuntu) used 130MBs

What are the tests?

Motherfucker Lubuntu was one of the firsts distros I ever recommended to Cred Forums.

Void is fast as fuck but nobody uses it because it's a meme distro

I prefer Xubuntu, but yeah, yours is great.

lxqt will be EVEN FASTER with all its hardware acceleration

void has no packages

Bloat
Get a real OS
Get Arch

Looks nice, may try it.

>How much RAM does it consume?

I'm running about 2.5 gig at the moment but I have 3 browsers open and one has a streaming movie buffer catching up in HD.

It's usually around 500 mb to a gig in ram. One time I looked and it was using 250 mb of ram. I couldn't believe it. It's a fast OS. I ended up running it with just openbox and a panel and it's zippier yet.

>get binary bloated distro
>with kernel support for any and every driver
>call it real OS
>not bloat
wew lad

>Holy shit this is a fast distro.
There are plenty of distros that are just as fast if not faster than Lubuntu. That being said, I use Lubuntu.

Lubuntu is amazing for low resource machines or any machines for that matter if you're not into rice

You know you can install and use LXDE in any other distro quite easily, right?

It runs well enough on a 11 year old POS acer my cousin wanted me to "fix" up. Sure, I had to use an older version because of a very specific graphics driver issue, but it is a full graphical environment that's very simple to use for even a brain dead person, and it works faster than Windows XP on the same hardware, while having much more modern code.

I'd chalk that up to a win.