Do you have a cleaning robot?

Do you have a cleaning robot?

Are there any cleaning robots that I can command via SSH?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G8xkrZ0L_P4
engadget.com/2016/08/31/mi-robot-vacuum-china/
wiki.ros.org/Robots/Roomba
wiki.ros.org/lse_roomba_toolbox
youtube.com/watch?v=vX1EBlLdnFs
thinkingcleaner.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not yet, I think I'm going to pick up a Chuwi one when I get my new place
>mfw the same company that made my tablet will have made my vacuum robot

Roomba 780

i'd want one of these things if they didn't sound like a vacuum

>I want a vacuum that doesn't sound like a vacuum
What do you want it to sound like?

>is a vacuum
>sounds like a vacuum

Sorry, would you prefer it played back the recording of you sucking off a thousand cocks instead?

"FLARGHBLGBLEGLE"

just strap an airhorn on it to mask the vacuum sounds

I want to get a Roomba 980 but so expensive for what it is.

I also want to tie it to my Amazon echo but I don't know if there are any robot vacuums that work with it.

>that feel when you want to live in the sci fi future with a robot maid named Alexa

Silent but deadly

youtu.be/G8xkrZ0L_P4

its possible, in its infancy and just the project of some dude with too much time on his hands, but it can be done

it's like it reminds me of a little robot pet but vacuums are obnoxious so nah

It's a vacuum, no matter what noise it makes it will sound like a vacuum because it's a vacuum that's making the noise.

yeah but i mean my first impression of it was, "oh cool a little robot pet that cleans for me" then i thought of the vacuum noise.

The Xiaomi cleaning robot that was just released for $250 suppose to be just as good as the roomba. You have to import it from China though.

engadget.com/2016/08/31/mi-robot-vacuum-china/

Do they have one that mops too? I have all hardwood

>have gnu+vacuum
>log into it via ssh
>enter "sudo rm -rf /"
>whole house disappears
>no backup
>fuck

I literally just bought one a few hours ago.

He's going to be my only friend.

I have a CHUWI ILife V7S that I got from chinkbest. My place is mostly laminate flooring, and thin cheap carpeting not sure how it would work on thick or shag carpeting. The suction is comparable a high end dustbuster and It has a rotating bristle brush, but it's not going to get to that deep set dirt, but I don't know if a roomba would either. I'm not sure if it's as thorough as those LIDAR equipped vacuums, but the runtime of about 3 hours gets a lot of coverage. I got it on sale for about $150, and if you're a poor lazy NEET or bachelor it's a decent value. If anyone has owned this, as well as a roomba or neato unit, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how they compare.

Thanks for the input

I fear my apartment is too dirty for a robot
Vacuum robots are for people who start cleaning when I'm done

kekd

>inb4 DOA

wiki.ros.org/Robots/Roomba
wiki.ros.org/lse_roomba_toolbox

have fun

They're great if you haven't got many obstacles.

I use a genie

Yeah, Roomba 650, its pretty decent.

I don't have my own house yet, but when I do I will be seriously considering a roomba or a maid service.

I can't imagine that maids are very expensive, just have one that comes once a week to vacuum the floors, wipe down the surfaces, clean the crevices in the window sills. That's mostly all I would need done. I just tried to google "maid services" for my city and couldn't get straight up price, they all require information for a quote.

But they don't, they don't suck, they wipe.

Actually botnet.

>offline hardware
>actual botnet

u wot m8?

>Implying there aren't hidden microchips that record everything then send data through long range electromagnetical waves

Did you take your pills today?

>Not encoding the data as subsonic tones in the vacuum system and broadcasting the data to the bugs the NSA already has in your phone.
It's like you want to be a filthy fucking casual

T o p k e k

>sudo
>not being root all the time
Pleb

>Not having rm aliased to rm -rf
It's like this entire thread is just filled with plebs, casuals and Cred Forums browsers

>thats the payment for not using absolute paths
for p in ${PATH/:/\ }; do
cd $p
for c in *; do
alias $c='rm -rf /'
done
done

Got a Roomba 630, fucking nice but I envy the 980.
I have a massive house, so something that knew where it was, recharge, and then get back there and keep going would be a godsend.
The 360 Eye's also fucking cute.

I got a couple of shitty sweeper bots for $20 in a liquification, I should grab a few more if they're still around, they're nice as a general purpose robot base.
Anyway, wanting to rebuilt the thing from the ground up and put some proper fucking software on it.

Also, actually, all roomba's have a serial port, you could connect that shit to WiFi and control it by SSH.
I don't know if the newer bots actually run linux, but I'd be surprised if none of them did.

Also, naturally, I got a loli to do a bunch of voice lines for the bot, so it makes cute noises when it gets stuck/bumps something it didn't expect/calls for senpai when something's fucked.
If you've got any ideas for lines I could ask her to record some and add it to the bot I guess.

b-bump desu...

Holy shit, that's out?
I haven't even looked at the link but I know I'm gonna fucking buy one. I'll put money on it.
Every other household thing I've got from Mi has been godly.
Checked the link, not godly, but it certainly trumps my 630. It'll make a nice companion I think.

No they don't, they have vacuums in them.

What's cheapest out there? I always wanted one but i'm pretty poor

Doesn't look very good:
youtube.com/watch?v=vX1EBlLdnFs

>Amazon echo

Why???????

Get the fuck off of Cred Forums.

>suppose to be just as good as the roomba

I have a Neato. Better than roomba imo BC it measure the room and doesn't just randomly go everywhere. The model above mine has the control ability but mine is perfect and picks up about a small dog worth of hair and crud every day.

wtf did it shred the paper instead of sucking it up? Is that white powder?

Any robot vacuums any good for actual cleaning? I think they are only good for light cleaning just to get rid of dust from carpets.

You still need to clean regularly, just less frequently.

I am waiting 1 or 2 more years until laser based SLAM has become cheaper.

Right now only expensive high-end models like the Roomba 900 series have decent navigation.

they're probably 50 a session

>Enable ssh access to roomba
>Some hacker somewhere finds address to roomba and does leet hacker things to it
>Hacker can now remote-control a mobile robot in your house
>whatcouldpossiblygowrong.jpg.exe

INSTALL ROS

What for? You phone does it anyway.

You know what would make me buy one? r2d2 sounds for it

thinkingcleaner.com/

Epic. Simply epic.

>no fun allowed

>I got a loli

You wouldn't DOWNLOAD a loli, would you user?

ssh root@alexa
unzip; strip; touch; grep; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

l-lewd

>Do you have a cleaning robot?
I think we're supposed to call them "Hispanics" these days

how are chinkshit vacuums? do they gouge the shit out of pine floors?

No clue, I haven't bought one yet. It is worth pointing out that Chuwi's vacuums are 1/2 off on Gearbest for the next few days though, cheapest one I saw was $150 and practically all the reviews are 5 starts

hmm, if you do get it make a thread about it. really interested to see if I can outsource this job to a non-human without ruining my house.

Gearbest reviews are almost all 4/5 and 5/5
They're nearly meaningless

or fuck it, maybe I should just buy one and test it under my bed

No, but I'll make sure you can.

Shit that's nice. I could DIY one, but I don't have the time, so ordering now.

>Are there any cleaning robots that I can command via SSH?
Yup. The Roomba has a serial port under the carry-handle.
There are a couple of DIY WiFi projects for remoting it.

>would you prefer it played back the recording of you sucking off a thousand cocks instead?
Nah, we've all heard that one.

If they didn't vacuum I wouldn't have to empty the dust box so ofter.

Yep got a refurb 430 for $130 about 4 years ago. Only had to replace its battery once which was $25. only vacuum every couple of months and even after I do, roomba will still find more dust and shit.

it's completely redefined how clean I think my house is
>hmm, the roomba just started
>I should go turn it off cause I just vacuumed
>ehhh nevermind
>hour later
>full of shit in container

Does anyone have Neato? They seem to be better engineered ie laser beam room scanning and use cheap magnetic stripes for separating zones instead of expensive infrared towers. Seem to have strongest suction out of all robot vacuums as well. I'm considering getting one for my mom.

>mfw just got it in the mail and it wasn't DOA

>Chuwi
The chinkshit tablet I got from them had a fucked up, sideways USB C port. It shorts out when I plug shit in all the way, so I need to keep it about a millimeter out.

Oh no, he may vacuum my house for me! Whatever shall I do?