Why does chrome have so much fucking desktop marketshare and why is everyone abandoning firefox...

Why does chrome have so much fucking desktop marketshare and why is everyone abandoning firefox? Is this the end of days?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315
linustechtips.com/main/topic/504078-mozilla-spends-15000-dollars-to-remove-the-word-slave-from-documentation-in-buildbot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A little theory of mine:

Firefox reached a point where it was perfectly functional, after that all that remained was to keep up with security fixes and introduce a few improvements (like multi-process).

The problem with this is that you don't need nearly the number of staff to do incremental support and maintenance.

So in order to justify their continued employment at mozilla (and mozilla's budget itself), you have programmers and UI designers basically adding in useless/unnecessary new features and needlessly changing/removing perfectly functional current features.

All of which is to make sure they get another paycheck, not to actually make a good browser.

news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8836539&cid=51642315

Because Firefox is a piece of shit.

Nice theory faggot

The plebs are leaving Firefox for chrome because it's heavily promoted by Google everywhere. After Firefox started losing marketshare to chrome, they began copying it in hopes of keeping users which only made the problem worse. The whole sjw shitshow is another factor.

>Not using Google Ultron

Man it's still amazing how rekt and btfo internet explorer got. I mean that shit was bundled with windows computers and most people are pretty dumb so you would think most would not install Chrome.

I don't know why, but Firefox lagged on my computer after some time. Even if I reset everything, it was the same case. I had to un install and reinstall. Then with Chrome that didn't happen.

What are the limitations of still using an older version of Android?

Firefox never got and still does not have proper multi-threading support. On top of that stability was never good and it probably hasn't changed. I stuck with firefox for a while (05-10) but after realizing nothing was getting improved I had no choice but to abandon it. Not all this sjw bullshit has made it infinitely worse, it's really depressing to be honest.

RIP firefox

I don't get that thing of sjw and Firefox... What that it mean?... Or what happened... ?..

It's a long story but basically mozilla (creator of firefox) has become infested with greedy fucks who have turned firefox into a for profit thing and SJW have infested firefox to the core.

Google firefox removing the term "slave" from code and CEOs being pressured to resign for retarded reasons.

Fired a CEO for having opinions they did not agree with.

Explain sjw bullshit.

you are me. I don't even care about the politics, I just want them to keep with the times instead of simply *looking* like they're keeping with the times..

Firefox is an abomination compared to what it used to be

Chrome is heavily advertised by google.
Every normie Macfag or Windick uses google.
Normies trust google, heard about IE beeing bad, even if in most casesits pebak.
I'm secretly a normie.

Hope is not lost! I use Firefox on my computer and phone and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Anytime I see someone using Chrome, I lose respect for them.

Its not even that fast, here we use it fir bait but real people get caught in our autism.

Me too but, every time I see someone using: Edge, Firefox, IE or chrome..

>Why does chrome have so much fucking desktop marketshare and why is everyone abandoning firefox? Is this the end of days?

>go to google.com
>"Do you want a faster browsing experience? Install Chrome!"
>Tech illiterates go "Faster internet for free? Deal!"
The end

Because google paid people to bundle chrome with everything, if you install any software on windows you will get chrome, every tech illiterate is on chrome because they don't uncheck the chrome install.

Chrome is the browser for tech illiterates.

I dont personally see the difference between chrome and firefox, both being huge resource hogs and memory leakers. However, in regards to privacy, it seems firefox is more transparent and more welcoming to costumization. As most things, he shift from one browser to the other is cultural perception rather than hard established performance specs.

Forgot about that
use startpage for to long.

This is true except Chrome really does feel faster which convinced people to stay with it. The tech illiterates would see the E shortcut for Explorer and would automatically think "internet". The benefit of Chrome overcame the initial inertia.

In a market where most of the users don't even know what flash is the one with the most integrated solution and fast "feeling" gets the biggest share. I see no contradiction at all. You have to admit, chrome is hassle free and has become the go to browser for regular users.

Chrome is bundled with Adobe updates and motherboard driver disks, among other things, and is opt-out on those things meaning a large amount of people install it without meaning to.

Others are still on XP and Vista and need an alternative to IE.

>muh SJW
We just had a presidential debate. Did you hear the phrase, "one man and one woman" spoken once?
Gay marriage is the law of the land. Get over it. Everyone else has.

Why is it heterosexual men who will never feel the touch of a woman are the ones most averse to gays getting married? Do they just have a problem with the idea that someone there might be someone out there not as miserable as them?

Its considerably faster in every aspect than firefox. If you dont care about privacy and just care about performance chrome is a no brainer

You sound like a fucking faggot, you should probably kys.

Anyway what do some college kids complaining about getting their feelings getting hurt and ruining companies because of it have to do with you degenerates?

Normies are stupid and don't give a fuck about FOSS or they think Chrome is good because it's partially FOSS.

pretty much this

Better to support a botnet than a SJW organization to be honest.

I want Cred Forums and /gg/ to leave.

That's not what this is about you retard. mozilla is now making money off you and ruining your browser. Don't you give a fuck about that at all?

Since when did hating sjw's mean having a problem with gay marriage or any other gender issue? Sjw's are a cancer upon the world, but not because of what they fight for. Its because they are so stupid in how they do it and for going so far in the opposite direction of what they claim to care about.

I use it because of integration of browser with my android information and syncing across platforms. Everything is a lot simpler and our of the way through chrome. The only reason I have Firefox is for downloading media off of webpages that isn't accessible via chrome of download segmentation through download the all with non Mega sources.

You sound pretty anally reamed at the prospect of gay marriage. Perhaps you have some tendencies you've repressed? In the modern social climate, there's no shame in it.

yes but sjw shit has nothing to do with it. Its corruption at a corpoerate level, not anytihng about social justice warriors. im fucking tired of hearing you faggots bitch about sjws

yeah, and now chrome is bundled with everything.

I had stability problems constantly due to video playback and audio issues. Chrome didn't have these issues. I'm on Pale Moon now to escape the botnet but it has very little video support.

Could be my fault for not installing codec plugins that I'm unaware of.

>is Firefox failing because it was always a mediocre, memory leaking browser and couldn't compete when Chrome came along with speed, stability, and a UI that managed to improve upon the default of the most successful OS to ever exist? No! It's really just a referendum on gay marriage because I hate the gays so much!

THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???

linustechtips.com/main/topic/504078-mozilla-spends-15000-dollars-to-remove-the-word-slave-from-documentation-in-buildbot/

Wrong and WRONG (especially you @630).

Google Chrome was the first browser to intergrate the cloud. It also offered a brilliant built-in flash sandbox, meaning the best way to view most websites was now in Chrome. Couple that with the fact Google built a fantastic app store and almost all Firefox addons found their way to Google, left you with very little reason to stick with firefox unless you were a fat hippy who cares about "muh freedom" and "muh botnet". Oh, and also, at that time, Chrome was vastly faster to anything else. Nowadays that's not really true, but at that time, it was.

no one even brought up gays until you barged into this thread, you closeted faggot.

The Mozilla Foundation throws money a bunch of dumb shit (firefox hello, etc), this just one of those. its a problem with the direction of mozilla. that firefox is buggy and slow as shit, and their not putting money into that. that and corporate corruption. Your link doesnt really "prove" anything

>how dare they fire someone on a holy crusade against the gays? I'm going to leave Firefox, and every like-minded person will too! This means that everyone who leaves Firefox is a like-minded individual!

Normies dont even know about FOSS.

Oh I get it you're a SJW trying to convince people that SJW we're not involved with firefox's demise. Man you should adopt a tripcode, you'd look pretty rad wit it desu.

Firefox 34 still exists. Wanna guess what its market share is?

Nice boogieman argument. You defintely belong on Cred Forums.
>muh sjw conspiracy
>muh jews
>muh degeneracy

Look at for why firefox is on the decline you retard

if they're not going to fire someone for being anti-gun then they have no right to fire someone for being anti-gay.

kill yourself, faggot.

>how dare they fire someone on a holy crusade against the gays? I'm going to leave Firefox, and every like-minded person will too! This means that everyone who leaves Firefox is a like-minded individual!

kek

gotta love when a leftist shit goes into melt down mode and just starts repeating himself because he has no legitimate response.

fuck off Cred Forums

Just copy and paste:

how dare they fire someone on a holy crusade against the gays? I'm going to leave Firefox, and every like-minded person will too! This means that everyone who leaves Firefox is a like-minded individual!

youre dumb
I stopped using firefox the moment i found out about the SJW bullshit. I bet there are a few more people like me.

For some reason it didn't give my ctrl-v le me me arrow.

lmao at all these SJWs paid by mozilla doing maximum damage control

>how dare they fire someone on a holy crusade against the gays
Do you realise how mentally ill you sound? Is this how you function outdoors?

shut up, bitch

I use Firefox because of the extensions, also to avoid the chrome botnet.

But it's true that not a second goes by in which I do not feel a deep and penetrating shame for using the SJW browser. What's worse my a couple years ago I decided to by a Mac at the prodding of my girlfriend. I hate myself so very much. I'm not an SJW I'm the opposite of an anti-SJW but my choices make me feel like a liar. I wish there was at least a non-botnet non-SJW browser so I could salvage just a shred of my dignity...

Chrome is a keylogger and botnet , everything you do in the browser is logged to a user profile whether you're logged into it or not. It's the definition of spyware. What do you think Goggle does as a company? Just makes free shit?