Got this laptop yestarday

Got this laptop yestarday.
I7 6700hq, 16gig ram, gtx 960 4g.

Cant run any game even on low setting. Powerplan is on Hight Performance. All the drivers are update. Did I miss anything?

>games
>laptop

>960

wew lad

Why would you buy that when Nvidia just started shipping 10 series gaming GPUs?

I hope you got like 50% off or some great deal.

Make sure you're using the gtx 960 and not the integrated graphics senpai

Check if it's actually using that GPU.
Bitch, this shit can max out dark souls 3 @1080 (except lighting).

>Wow it's totally awesome when I turn off graphics features

>maximum settings(95% of which this card is capable of) are an absolute requirement to play the game

Yes keep moving the goal posts.

Your post had no goal so I'm not moving anything.

Make sure core parking isn't happening.

>laptop
>gaming
Choose one.

I have the GS70 and MSI Afterburner fucked up with the frequency. Uninstall Afterburner and reinstall the drivers for the Nvidia card. Use Nvidia Inspector to check that you are at nominal frequency when playing.

Make sure it's actually using the dGPU and not the integrated GPU.

That said the 10 series is just hitting laptops now and it's a significant upgrade.

If the 1060 had the same power envelope as the 960 I would be waiting for a new XPS.

GTX960M =/= GTX960

Not even close.

This.

Stop felling for this meme.

Why the hell are u getting the one with mobile gpu version? There's new revision with gtx 1060/1070 and even 1080.

i wouldn't spend more than $800 on a 960m laptop. if you spent more you overpaid. also, for $1500 you could have a 1060 laptop that actually plays everything on high/ultra, if you actually need a laptop instead of a desktop, which you still probably don't

Plug it in

OP REPORTING IN

Yes. I figured it out earlier but you are correct my firend. Thank you!

how does it feel roasting yor leg

it's a 960m

it can't run jack shit except maybe cs and civilizations

Ditch GeForce Experience if you're using it. The new update really fucked it, as if it wasn't already fucked. Use a DDU in safe mode and reinstall your drivers, with the exception of GeForce experience.

>got this laptop yestarday
>yestarday

you must be 18 or older to post here.

960m is equivalent to a 750 ti if not a bit faster, so it should still be able to run anything you want

This is the problem

Install Gentoo

>buying a laptop
>ever

>gaming laptop

kill yourself

Christ Cred Forums are a bunch of sore autists. not long ago 960 was a great laptop card and should still play new games on high n 30fps. ur proll running off igpu.

It's a 4gb, so it'll hold up for a little while longer. That said it may not hold up on high for all games, like Arkham Knight comes to mind.

Op, return your laptop and find one with the 1060 in it, you literally bought a laptop with a now dubbed meme-card.

>anonymous image board
>tripcode

Passmark Performance test scores

960M: 1786
960: 5914

You fell for the Nvidia naming scam.

I'm sorry dude. . .

Or just build a desktop for half the price

There's a power saving mode in one of the nvidia settings, which limits games to 30 fps but is glitchy as fuck. Disable it.

>960m
I legit feel bad for you if you did that.

Did I get jewed if I bought a gaymur laptop with the newest gtx 965m for 700 uk pounds (I needed to buy a laptop anyway)? Starting to feel bad here.

Nah that's not too bad

T-t-thanks

Why is gaming "tech" so fucking cancerous?