Just bought pic related.
Did I dun goof'd?

inb4 amdfags
I had AMD in the past. No more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l0XejmBCuEk
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4wh8jc/msi_officially_announces_gtx_1070_quality/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you die in the game, you die in real life.

Enjoy your high DPC Latency.

Coming from a shitty ass R9 280, I don't think I'll ever notice any sort of lag whatsoever.

>buying a 1070
>not waiting for a 1080 Ti

>tfw bought a gtx970 and already lost $80 in resale value
kill me

They're not even in the same category mate. 1070 is mid tier card and 1080, ti or not, is high-end.

Trying to get people to approve your purchase so you don't feel buyers remorse?

Nvidiot

Not really, Id be doing the exact same if id bought a card to see peoples opinions etc. get questions whatever.

you can find a lot more information all over the internet, benchmarks, temperature, failure rate etc. you won't find anything useful about GPUs or gaymer shit here.

>$400+
>mid-tier

$001-200: low tier: do not bother
$200-300: mid tier: best price/performance
$300-400: high tier: desires to splurge
$400-1E3: impatient tier aka retarded early adopters only

You are paying for a level of performance that will be worth half as much in a matter of years.
As long as the gpu supports the features you will need for the future (new apis, slot style, etc) you should be trying to get the best price that will satisfy you for the longest amount of time. Unless you are a total graphics whore, this means running the card until it cannot sustain your preferred fps at minimum settings in your games.

Got the same card about a month ago.

Thing is a beast and runs almost silently.

Will probably be the best mid-high end purchase for awhile unless AMD comes out with something good.

1080 is too expensive for 20% more performance and the 1080Ti is going to be at minimum $800.

I'm happy with my 1070.

I mean its nice to hear other peoples opinions here and even be recommended on other things and get responses compared to some more boring reviewers

I had a Zotac 1070 and sold it due to being offered more than it was. The price fluctuations in the UK are mental.

Will probably acquire another nearer black Friday when I get a better monitor.

It was bloody nice though.

Anyone else having problems with 1070 freezing the system while playing games? I got the MSI one and it keepes crashing at random, might be as soon as I start the game, might take 5 hours. I'm on win 10 64 and the driver is 372.90.

It's perfect if it's what you're looking for in your budget, you only dun goof'd if you are planning on playing exclusively higher resolutions than 1080p, if you're good with 1080p then you're sitting pretty. Also the whole AMD and NVIDIA brand loyalty is fucking retarded, just look at the specs and the drivers and base your opinion on that, AMD's new cards are perfectly fine. The 470 and 480 are amazing entry level cards that destroy games at 1080p, perfect for console players who want to get into PC.

Not shti stirring but do you know of any AMD cards that offer a 5 year warranty now that coin miners fucked XFX?

Microcenter is running a deal for a 390x for $240 and a Fury for $270. You dun goofed pretty bad.

Only happens to me when I try to over clock by more than like 100mhz, I definitely lost the silicon lottery.

>waiting for the 1080 Ti
>not waiting for the 1120

You gonna goof up

What is this argument supposed to be? The standard warranty for an Nvidia and AMD card is 3 years, you can get other protection deals though.

I wasn't arguing, I was asking. I know, it's odd to do. I can throw in some arguments if you want?

Thanks for the answer. I'm using a 500w though, do you think it has anything to do with it?

Nice poorfagpost, man. Your jealousy and bitterness shine through perfectly.

Turns out I accidentally misread your reply as an autistic attempt to say

>No shit sherlock but do you know of any AMD cards that offer a 5 year warranty now that coin miners fucked XFX?

But to answer your question it seems that after market gpus only come with 3 year warranty but I think Amazon offers services where you can purchase longer warranties

Not him, but I was having some pretty serious issues with driver failures with my MSI 1070. Got it replaced the new one works great so it was probably just that card.

Not sure if that's what you meant by system freezes though.

what games are you playing? 372.90 on windows 10 crashes in a bunch of games because developers are retarded. Pretty much every Bethesda game is affected in particular.

I also got that recently
coming from a radeon 6700 laptop i was amazed
this is my pirated games folder in 3-4 weeks.
I dont even play most of those I just put to ultra check fps is 60+ feel good I got a good pc now exit and repeat with more games
i dont even know.

i'll upgrade my 770 once hbm2 or gddr5x is an industry standard

>Not sure if that's what you meant by system freezes though.
It crashes, the image is kept in place and I can't do anything besides hard reset it.

AAA ones, Witcher3, Fallout 4, League of legends.

got a 1080, playing at 4k ultra, and np, pc turns off as cpu over heats, got a good cooler and never had problems before, cpu is perfectly fine, 8350, dont like problems :(

Try:
Reinstalling drivers (use DDU and choose clean install when reinstalling)

Rolling back to an earlier driver (I'm having success with 372.54, had a lot of trouble with 372.70)

Try underclocking your card by just a bit.

Thanks I'll try that.

I maxed out every single game I own, many maxed out past the ultra preset, at 1440p, at 90Hz with no problem
Until 4K is no longer stupid financially, the 1070 will not be obselete, and most likely will be able to hold 1440p/60fps for every new game in the next 3-4 years.
THEN you can start lowering graphic settings.
I mean sure you can get better prices for performance by waiting until you die, but until 4K, you actually won't need it

>372.90
We do have the same card right? I thought I was on some crazy different firmware? Like 3something.64?

372.90 is indeed the newest nvidia driver for 1070. I wouldn't update if I were you though as I keep getting crashes and can't tell if it's a driver problem..

>league of legends
There's no way it's the graphics card. Or there's no way it's related to performance. Lol is made to play on toasters

Yeah I suspect it's not performance related. For a while I thought it was the PSU, I have a 500w, but anons have been saying I should be okay with it. So if it's hardware related it takes me to the cpu, as I have an AMD one.

>best price that will satisfy you for the longest time
If a $200 480 lasts for two years and a $400 1070 lasts for 4 years then I'm satisfied
Also im sure not everyone is satisfied by having the highest framerate games on minimum detail to look like a claymation show

Look on the side of your PSU, see what the 12v main power max is and what the PCIe 5v max wattage is. If I remmeber right the 1070 sucks like 80+ watts from the power plugin

>AMD CPU
Wait hold on, check how much power that's drawing because they can get to fucking stupid power draws, a 500w flat PSU might be pushing it, but I doubt that would cause screen freezing, maybe I'm wrong.
The 1070 pulls 150-180 watts total from PSU plug and PCIe slot under load

12v is 480w and 5v is 130w.

That should be fine even with a stupid-power CPU, maybe motherboard or ram? Those are common problems that will freeze things up
Leave up some stats while you use it, see what gets hot or isn't recognized right?

It says 219 max TDP, that's the only thing I found related to power with the software I use.

Will do. But should it be causing random crashes? Shouldn't it be more consistent? The only thing I can come up with is the motherboard or RAM going bad.

Like program crashes?
Or SOMETHING WENT WRONG :( level of crashes?
You do have a stupid-power CPU but the PSU power, while close, should be enough for what you got
I would say look at ram because that's been the annoyance that has caused freezing and crashes on 2 PCs I've had

Or like you suggested at the very beginning, it could be driver conflicts and maybe GPU driver uninstaller and reinstallation would fix it

Just image freezes, or sometimes a light blue screen restarting the pc with some error code.

I'll try that.

before you start actually looking at hardware please roll back the driver you are using

It's all good, man, most people are inflammatory and pissy.

I'm a stickler for using things until they pop regardless of deprecation as I can't be arsed changing it out every 2-3 years and trying to resell.

XFX's good nature was wasted, EVGA and Zotac have 5 year warranties.

Thinking of getting a 1070 for a development rig. Not going to be making anything very graphically intensive but it will be an openGL engine. Ideally I want my engine to be able to get good performance on Intel's integrated graphics as well.

Not worth getting a 1080 because I don't really play that many intense video games.

Or should I get something cheaper like the 480?

You should get both because if you're actually developing a fucking game engine you're gonna need flawless support on any api to make a dollar from it

At least play dark souls 3 fan that shit is good

Niiiice, I did the same. I cranked everything up and downsampled others, it was great but I don't even know what to play.

That's all the motivation I need.
I'm gonna go buy it right now because of this post actually.

I also wasn't even aware there was a dark souls three I never played any

it's pretty good, bit simpler than than the other two and faster as well.

$400 cards are typically the best price per performance near the high end. Paying 50%more for only a 15-20% gain is not worth it.

Great card for now but if you wanted to futureproof you should've gone AMD.

is that the shitty best buy version?

What? Is that even a thing?

There's no futureproofing when you go homeless from your powerbills an having to buy new Motherboards

I have the Asus strix edition 1070 and i love it. Best card ive ever owned.

I've not found the 5% gain in DX 12 over the lack of performance in DX 11 compelling enough to get a 480. Maybe Vega will swing me.

>all these ~$200 AMD card recommendations

every single AMD card gets BTFO by the 1060 ($250 for 6GB, $200 for 3GB).

youtube.com/watch?v=l0XejmBCuEk
>ever recommending gtx 1060 3gb
>even considering it as a viable option

teach me how to do it

get a 212 evo and never worry again

They are good but that bastard sure is tall

i have an arctic freezer 13 pro, had it awhile and has been fine, but looking to upgrade to some water cooling solution, maybe thermaltake water 3.0?

>inb4 amdfags
As an AMD owner, I feel offended. :^(

Nonetheless, nice card. You did good.

If it were a power issue he would get a BSOD.

What your describing sounds like either a faulty card or a problem with your drivers. The MSI 1070 had a recall not long ago due to card failure. reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4wh8jc/msi_officially_announces_gtx_1070_quality/
>please no hate for leddit

>Enjoy your high DPC Latency
That was fixed about 2 months ago.

I will admit it was fucking annoying before the driver fix.
1080 owner

So you can afford a 1070 but cant afford games

having a 1070 is pretty tight. can't justify it at 1080p though. probably gonna sell it and pick up a 1060 or an rx 470.

>muh RAM argument

sasuga AMD snakeoil