How many vms?

How many vms do you have Cred Forums?

about 4. they are all virtual servers tho.

4-5 of them.

Windows 7
>use it for a few hours a day for work

Windows 10
>just have it for when Win7 support is over, since it's a legit copy
>open it a few times a month to look around

Windows 3.11
>for the lulz

Lubuntu
>no specific reason why I still have this, can't remember when I last used it

And I sometimes have a fifth one for testing purposes or trying out different distros. The last one I tried out was CentOS.

Windows 2000 - "daily" driver. Stupidly lightweight thing that compiles and runs Win32 programs.

Windows NT 3.1 - Literally useless. Installed out of curiosity. Can't even run anything.

Windows 3.1 - As an experiment I got networking running on VirtualBox. I'm actually amazed it worked. Thanks, random Novell Netware CD I found somewhere.

Windows NT 4.0 - The only reason I have this is because I have a Pentium 4 with Windows NT 4.0, and I use this VM as a testing ground for drivers and stuff.

Windows 7 - Downloaded from Microsoft's site. (modern.ie) Never used.

Windows XP - Also from modern.ie. For that once in a blue moon occasion where Windows 2000 and WINE aren't enough.

Only one

Sup fellow Proxmox user

What's the best VM solution for servers today? I use VMware on the desktop, but it would be nice if I could programmatically create vms on a box and such...

a debian one for smokeping and a mavericks one in case i ever want a hackintosh

(Get-VM).Count

In the process of moving around lab and production. The count can be as low as 8, and as high as 117, depending on what I'm doing.

ive got a couple

Are there still people on Cred Forums not using Qubes?
LOL thought this was a technology forum not a normie convention

Qubes is a meme

My niggas

17, mostly linux
Running KVM on Ubuntu for hypervisor

Have they finally fixed the UI crash problem? It's been a few years since I switched to pure KVM. I wanted to stick with it but randomly losing all access to the interface was a deal-breaker.

On a side note I've been tempted to try out Nutanix Acropolis with their Prism interface.

about 5 at home, about 30 at work.

Had MiRC scripts I wanted to run instead of migrating everything over to Ubuntu.

None. VMs are an annoying hassle and I don't really have a use case for them.

>beos
>haiku
>xenix
>ecomstation
>windows 98se

the duck are you doing with those?

>everything but Windows 98
just checking out operating systems
>Windows 98
Zoombinis

what kind of hardware is under all of those?

Right now I've got a couple older VMs to condense down, otherwise I've got a pretty decent crop for a middling desktop machine.