My laptop is dying, should I get PC or laptop ?

My laptop is dying, should I get PC or laptop ?
Can I build something good for ... $1000ish

what r u doin with it? might it change in 2-3 years? whats the outlook?

>should I get PC or laptop ?
What a bizarre question.

just everyday normal faggotry usage and getting into programming ( lightly for now )

bizarre because?

too much noise around the text

try again

Because the difference is vast and obvious. Laptops are portable but less powerful than PCs. If you don't need portability then the choice is always -- in all possible worlds -- PC.

It's beyond bizarre. It's insane. He's basically shouting, "Look everyone! I've completely lost my mind!" for all to hear.

Get a chromebook for ~200 and build a desktop with the rest

temporary insanity, you're right.
truth is... I want to build one but I'm just riding the gravy train.

Literally this. Chromebooks are honestly fantastic travel laptops.
You can use TeamViewer over a strong connection to access your desktop and run more powerful programs on the chromebook that way.

Build a computer with a good case, solid PSU, and get a GOOD motherboard. You can always upgrade other components at a later date.

Pick up a used GPU on Craigslist and find yourself an older generation but top of the line i7 CPU. When you buy ram, buy one or two sticks of high memory ram and leave a couple slots empty. That way all you have to do in the future is buy a couple more sticks.

>Laptops are portable but less powerful than PCs
What actually is it that prevents laptops being as powerful? My laptop for instance - has an i7 CPU, a GPU and 8 GB of RAM - what's the unchangeable variable that holds it back? Laptop RAM? The motherboard?

Is there a way to remove the spyware off a chromebook?

Well...

Do you think that an i7 is the same in a laptop as in the PC? The GPU?

Because they're not even close.

wait for the next nvidea and intel cards/chips

>>>/gluglug.com/

oops, apparently it's minifree.org now

Of course you can build something good for 1000$. Very few people pay over 600$ for a computer. Anything at this price will be good.

>implying Google doesn't already know how many warts are on the inside of your butt-crack already

Install Gentoo on it. Or access dev mode and see what you can do in there

So why don't they put the use the same processor as the desktop in the laptop?

How about you build something awesome for $600?

Do u need a laptop or a pc?

Hi new friends

Why can a laptop CPU not work as well as a desktop one?

power draw and heat output. a laptop has to usually sit around 45 watts max for the cpu and also keeps its internals all cooled at a reasonable noise level. In a desktop, power draw, heatsink size and and airflow are largely unrestricted allowing part to function as well as possible. Using a battery and the small size of laptops are what hold them back from peak performance. So to compensate specs and clock speeds are turned down in order to not everwhelm these restrictions.