Macbook value

>Macbooks are good value
Can this meme finally die?

jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/dell/dell-inspiron-11-6-2-in-1-touchscreen-laptop-i3/843411/

jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/apple/apple-macbook-air-11-128gb/687072/

>inb4 i5 vs i3
it's literally a facebook machine, no one gives a shit

The macbook doesn't even have a touchscreen. For what you'd use the macbook for, even (link below) would be enough performance with similar battery life. Why? Because a macbook air is a glorified facebook machine, that's why.

jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/dell/dell-inspiron-11-3000-11-6-laptop/944800/

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/macbook-air/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABMT4F97877&cm_re=macbook_air-_-2SN-0001-003M4-_-Product
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmacbook pro 2015.TRS0&_nkw=macbook pro 2015&_sacat=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tl;dr
Macbooks aren't good value and anyone trying to argue otherwise is a troll

but muh aluminums

>MacBook Air.

Implying that POS is even relevant anymore.

>Mac
Found your problem.

apple.com/macbook-air/

osx is the greatest laptop OS of all time

the macbook trackpad is the greatest trackpad of all time

It's a meme you dip

Why do neckbeards get so angry about a fruit company? Seriously, you people know you're preaching to the choir when you start anti Apple threads on Cred Forums, yet people keep starting them. What do you want? A 500+ reply thread of everybody just saying, "I agree, OP"? Or do you like to argue with trolls who pretend to defend Apple?

>What do you want? A 500+ reply thread of everybody just saying, "I agree, OP"?
yes.
Just waiting on them 500+ replies.

>The macbook doesn't even have a touchscreen.
Literally no one uses this feature in a Windows computer. It's stupid. They figured "oh, hey, it works for tablets!" Guess what - it works for tablets because they fit in one hand.

Dude what?

I use the touch screen on my netbook all the time. A laptop without a touchscreen is just slow and clunky in comparison.

t. Someone who's never used a touchscreen laptop before

Had a friend who had a touchscreen Thinkpad. He used it for scrolling webpages.

No.

If I wanted value I would have bought a used Thinkpad. I bought a Mac for an experience a Windows/Linux PC just can't provide.

>I bought a Mac for an experience a Windows/Linux PC just can't provide.
Sorry, but not everyone likes to take dicks up the ass like you do.

kek

>thinkpad
>portable thin notebook with good battery life
HaHaHaHa

>being a limpwristed pussy that can't handle 150g more weight for an improvement of 2x battery life.

>>>/reddit/

>150g
>2x battery life

So you're saying that a t420 only weighs 150g more than a netbook like the HP stream 11?

T420 isn't the only Thinkpad you know?

>t420
>5.2 lb

>x220
>3.4 lb

>inspiron 11 3000
>2.6 lb

Weighs more, has worse battery life.
Deal with it.

Oh, I thought I was talking to some applel shill. Dell is perfectly fine, although I prefer to get the XPS 13.

only reason an x220 would have worse battery life though is the cpu uses more power and the battery is super worn down by the time you'll buy it.

but yeah, I'd take an x220 over the macbook, but ever since getting gifted as asus transformer I think i'll just upgrade to another cheap netbook in the future with an atom processor. hopefully 4GB ram ones will be as cheap as 2gb ones are now.

I get ~10-11 hours per charge on this running w8 and it charges with micro USB. Macbook airs are just glorified netbooks, better in ways that don't really matter and totally not worth the premium.

The micro USB charging is super handy to have, I like it.

Yeah, that's my favourite feature of my Surface 3. OSX is so fucking bloated these days, if you turn up the resolution on any Retina Mac, the UI will lag and stutter like a motherfucker.

What are you talking about? Macbooks always run at native resolution, you're just changing the scaling.

Really?

Well that's fine cause the macbook air is only 720p for the 11 inch and 900p for the 13 inch, HAHA

>Macbooks always run at native resolution, you're just changing the scaling.
Maybe you should look into how the fucking thing works.
If you select "More Space", it will render a 1680x1050 workspace at 3360x2100 then downscale it back down to the display's resolution. Like just take a screenshot and you'll see the evidence of this.

I'm building a computer and I'm getting a laptop as a gift since my current Asus notebook is a little over two years old so I was thinking of getting a Macbook Pro. I think it's durable and has advantages to it when it comes to longevity of its lifespan. I haven't made the final decision for my choice of laptop, but I feel as though the macbook pro has some use, might wait for the new one coming out soon.

Yeah, mine is just a generation old (Haswell model) and it lags like shit on Yosemite and newer. Luckily this is just a work provided laptop.

>touch screens

Macs r hella gay, but fuck getting smudges on your screen

But it just makes using your laptop so much nicer and easier.

Plus if you've got a shit touchpad then it really helps

Matte screens don't have this problem. :^)

Beats a track pad.

This.

Once you go touchscreen, you'll never go back to trashshit.

>Resale value of a 3 year old PC notebook
>Resale value of a 3 year old Macbook

>macbooks haven't been updated in 2 years
>3 year old macbooks still have decent resale value

Obviously.

Even factoring in resale value, you're still worse off if you buy any Mac.

$749 for a 1080p i5 XPS 13
>$350 in 3 years = $399 loss
$999 for a 900p i5 Air 13
>$450 in 3 years = $549 loss

It's simple math you dumbfuck iToddlers.

I don't even care about resale value, I do this retarded thing where I struggle to let go of it when I upgrade. I still have my first laptop (466mhz celeron, 128MB ram) just sitting in my room collecting dust.

The XPS will NOT be worth $350 in 3 years. Closer to 200. The MacBook will still be around 500

Look at the current market prices and you'll see my listed prices are very accurate.
Also, the Air has a chance of being discontinued very soon, so resale values will plummet even more just like it happened to the 1st gen Airs and Plastic Macbooks.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABMT4F97877&cm_re=macbook_air-_-2SN-0001-003M4-_-Product

13" on sale for $880 @ newegg

I have a 2013 MBA, and if I actually needed a new comptuer I would literally buy this right now.

>I would literally buy this right now
Don't let me stop you

>OSX is the greatest laptop os of all time.
Debatable, but it can be used with a window manager so I'll let it slide as up there.
Ofc this is irrelevant. Osx can be installed on pretty any intel based laptop anyway.

>touchscreen faggots itt
>be me
> w+enter opens terminal
>do everything via text commands in terminal.
>never need trackpad or touchscreen.
Why haven't you faggots ascended this shit?
Or you could at least you know... Get a wireless mouse

turns out when (you) buy a good laptop, you arnt looking to replace it every year.

Jesus Christ, what was apple thinking...

Install gentoo

>Can this meme finally die?
No. Because it's fucking true.

My rMBP 2015 lost $150 since the time I bought it last year.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmacbook pro 2015.TRS0&_nkw=macbook pro 2015&_sacat=0

Now go buy a Dell/HP/Chinkpad and try to sell it on the second hand market the day you open the box. Good fucking luck kiddo!

Then buy one of those instead of a new macbook which will throttle to hell and back

>will throttle to hell and back
lol... mine doesn't throttle at all. when the cpu gets used a lot, fans become louder. that's it.

He said "new" MacBook, the one without fans which does throttle. Not sure what his point was, just clarifying

0.8ghz buddy

>i can sell my macbook for good money every year to buy the new macbook, therefore macbooks are better than DELL/HP/CHINKPAD that lasts decades.

They are shit but plebs love them.
As long as there are people willing to pay for them, they have good resell value.