Landscape keyboard phone when?

Landscape keyboard phone when?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/accessories/qwerty-keyboard-slider-diy-t3303280
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Nokia-e90.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never

I'm so sorry, but

Phones with moving parts are mostly dead because they break/fail easier and cost the manufacturer more money.

Never.

Never going to happen again.

I feel your pain, I miss them too.

But seriously they're pretty dead.

The slideout keyboard wasn't what broke in my xperia x10 mini pro

If x is given as a reason but y is what happened to me personally one time then x must definitely not be a legitimate reason!

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/accessories/qwerty-keyboard-slider-diy-t3303280

You can always make your own user

It's just not the same

Wouldn't the battery life get cut from the additional keyboard?

I know but sadly its the only alternative until some company start doing them again
Depends on phone, a flagship phone could not see a big diference on battery life, after all it's bluetooth

>It's just not the same
But it is far superior to the G1.

Matter of fact have you ever owned the G1?
There was a delay in the time to pull out the keyboard plus a software delay in switching. So in the end you use the touchscreen to type unless you know you are typing a lot. But often you don't know you are going to type a lot, so the keyboard becomes worthless. Swiftkey, google keyboard, swype. They all make physical keyboards deprecated.

My Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 Mini Pro u20i didn't have this problem.

Why're you a masochist? Portrait keyboards are where it's at.

No Ctrl, no Tab, no numpad... it's still nice, but feels like a physical keyboard for normies

The G1 had one of the best-proportioned physical keyboards of any phone as long as your hands were large enough to clear the chin. And it's never, ever coming back.

>Matter of fact have you ever owned the G1?

Have you? The first version of Android didn't ship with an on-screen keyboard. And when they did add one you could disable it. I'm guessing this interminable delay you've mentioned is the result of switching from OSKB to the physical one after activating a text field.

>No Ctrl, no Tab
Do any phone keyboards have those keys?
>no numpad
pic
>feels like a physical keyboard for normies
Still 1000x better than a touchscreen keyboard

7 years ago

I've had tons of slide out phones and never had a problem with them. But admittedly I'm not the kind of usual person ape who throws their smartphone around and cracks the screen after ten minutes, so...

The G1 had an onscreen keyboard from the beginning. I bought it at launch.

Hopefully never again

Android 1.0 did not have a on screen keyboard.

Why for? Those phisical keyboards were a pain in the ass to type. You can type much faster on the touch screen keyboard, even without using swipe writing.

>Do any phone keyboards have those keys?
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Nokia-e90.png
Once they got the keyboard almost perfectly right at Nokia.

>Still 1000x better than a touchscreen keyboard
Sure, but it you just can't fit some really useful keys in there.

I'm still using this beauty. Will try to hold onto it until something new with landscape keyboard comes out. Project Ara was one thing that kept my hopes alive, but now Google killed it.

I refuse to believe this

Daily reminder this beauty is dead
Nokia came so close to perfection

wasn't 1.5 the first public/release version?

nice things?

haha, look what planet you're on

>tfw Droid 4
>tfw no Droid 5
>tfw no moto mods keyboard for Moto Z

You're going to be holding on to it until it dies, sadly.

Can we get ISIS to threaten Motorola with some serious damage unless they make Droid 5 ?

Never, for good. We invented touchscreens, time to move on grandpa

The G1 shipped with 1.1.

>I don't want to have choice
Cred Forums is ashamed of you

OP will stop reposting this shit every day when?

Nice digits.

They fucked up, it should have been a mixture of N900 and N950 (or your E7).

when new landscape keyboard phone gets made

They should have adopted Android instead of butchering Symbian.

>works on my machine

They ran Maemo and MeeGo, not even related to Symbian.

>I am butthurt that people want removable batteries

>here, let me ironically shitpost demanding a feature made literally obsolete by touchscreens

>certainly nobody will see through this

The slideout keyboard is one of the sturdiest parts of the keyboard phones already. Of course you could argue that more parts capable of failing = higher failure rates but then, even with a broken keyboard the rest of the phone still works. Why have features at all? Why even buy a phone if it has a small chance of failing anyway?

I can't figure out how to configure android 6.0 on this to where there is little to no lag and I don't have to reboot every day.

sup shill

Fuck off, retard.

If you really want one get a photon Q, it's the most recent one you'll find.
Basically a droid bionic with a keyboard, even has hdmi out

Okay, this makes sense. I do remember having to update as soon as I got it. Still saying that a touchscreen keyboard wasn't available is stretching the truth. There was other stuff also not working without that update.

>tfw no thinkpad phone

five years ago

we can also hope for apple to REVOLUTIONIZE smartphones yet again with hardware keyboard in iphone, but somehow i doubt it'll happen

>Do any phone keyboards have those keys?
I used debian on droid 3, mapped "ok" button for ctrl. With its arrows and alt/shift it was pretty much perfect "hacker's keyboard".

For everyday communication i'd rather use BB Q10 keyboard, but when it comes to writing little scripts or whatever that needs brackets and other difficult characters, droid 3 keyboard is simply flawless.

God, i miss qwerties.

this is nice

Do want

oh lawdy... that keyboard was fucking perfect.

That's not a BlackBerry Q10 keyboard

N8 and E7 ran symbian. Not maemo or meego.