Lets talk seriously about Browser privacy and security

I've been lurking here for a bit, and I see a lot of threads about browser choice, privacy, and whether or not privacy is worth worrying about.

Now, given that Chrome is evidently the most "secure" browser from external threats (tomshardware.com/news/pwn2own-2016-firefox-missing-in-action,31451.html), while Firefox (running NoScript and/or Tor) seems the best at protecting one's privacy (try it out yourself at panopticlick.eff.org/), what does Cred Forums think of the other options?

- Epic Privacy Browser, which appears to offer a variety of privacy-oriented features, including a built-in proxy, but is running on an older version of Chrome (48.x, last time I checked) which is potentially a security risk, no? Also, their business model is oriented around ad sales for their proprietary search.

- Brave, which offers built-in ad blocking and anti-tracking software, but which is built around ad revenue based on "anonymized" user data.

- UnGoogled Chromium, which is an open-source project (no corporate conflict of interest) that requires a bit of extra effort to set up if you want extensions, and is subject to the usual issues of a project like this (updated whenever the dev has time)

Privacy is important, but security risks and attacks are a much more likely problem, and choosing a browser that will be slower to patch security holes seems as risky, if not more so than choosing a browser that may be secretly spying on you.

What do, Cred Forums?

Honestly OP? Brave is the future. Based on, but built from the ground up Chromium, with tracking and ad blocking built in. The ad revenue feature can be enabled or disabled depending. I have said before that this is the browser that Tor would have selected (Jacob Appelbaum always wanted a Chromium based browser - here it is). It's only a matter of time.

Why should we trust Brave to "anonymize" the data they use to target their ads, if we don't trust Google to do the same?

Cant be bothered explaining. Go do your own research

That's an odd reply from someone who's apparently so excited about Brave.

>That's an odd reply from someone who's apparently so excited about Brave.

go do your own research

Back up your assertions with facts.

i don't care. go do your own research

Yes, you've already established that you're full of shit, and probably a shill for Brave. But why are you still posting in this thread?

you're a fucking faggot

go do your own research

>i don't care
>still replying

You do realise it's an anonymous board right? You could stop replying and no one would care. Everyone here knows you have nothing better to do so you might as well back up what you were saying or just admit you picked it because you personally like it.

go do your own research

Absolute subhuman.

go do your own research, communist

You're doing it wrong m8. Make sure you use the script everyone has:

JPG
for %%f IN (*.jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.jpg" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -crf 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

PNG
for %%f IN (*.png) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.png" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -crf 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

>looks worse
>still 8kb

fail

I'd strongly recommend uMatrix over NoScript. I made the switch last month and I can't look back. The interface was intimidating on first look but I picked it up fairly quickly.

The whole question of "what's best" depends entirely on your threat model. Tails is always a good choice, especially because of the Amnesic aspect. You could also check out Qubes if you're interested in the compartmentalizing approach, which provides for more security beyond your choice of browser.

You're all morons, the software doesn't really matter, it's what you do with it.