Should I rice my bootloader?

should I rice my bootloader?
should I rice my BIOS?

When did ricing everything suddenly become a thing? I have no idea what the shit means

Also maki a slut

you're waifu a shit

nice grammar fagot

>When did ricing everything suddenly become a thing?
Since the 90's for Linux users. I remember so many Linux distro's riced to look like Win95.

Should I rice the way my battery indicator LED blinks?

Newfag fucking lurk moar, intelligence is only important on /sci/

>/sci/
>intelligent

Saw a screencap of grub with a pepe bg

Do it faggot

Kek

Fuck Maki

>tfw BIOS already came riced with animation and all
Based Sony VAIO

Please suck my dick.

>1,188KB 720p image
>inb4 someone turns it into a still webm 1/50th that size

1/20th is the most I can do right now, gotta go elsewhere

Yeah

You obviously have nothing else going on in your fucking empty life you dumb maki poster lmao

godspeed based webm-san

that would be cool if it said SOS in morse

It's starting to get a bit fucky... Should I go on?

the right question is not whether you should but whether you can

I'm positive Maki would agree that freedom is the core concern here

Continue

I'm another guy, I'm just doing it for the kicks

Shitposting is shitposting.

Here you go

I see it more like a technical challenge

Are you countershitposting ironically?

I'm just telling a shitposter attempting to justify his shitposting that there is no justification for it.

I set a cyberpunk wallpaper as my GRUB background, that's it.

I don't understand, why not just set the qmax/qmin to 40?

And we've smashed through the 2% barrier.

This is the 1%.

If you want the smallest file size for a still webm just set the qmin and qmax to 61 family member. No need to pre butcher the image.

I'm butchering the image just enough to piss off

Also the png is teeny

How low can you go

>hurrdur look at me mom I'm so edgy xDDD

Maybe this?

Interesting

Stop ruining our fun. It's honestly the only interesting thing about OP's shitty stale shotposting thread

Get a room, (You) two

smaller

>29kb
fail

REKT

Oh fuk now I wanna do this

>54 KB
and here's how an eight kilobyte .bpg(hevc) would look like. posted in lossless .png as Cred Forums obviously doesn't support the format.

double the file size to 17kb and quality improves to pic related.

Too bad bpg is DOA. That royalty fee pretty much scared every big player from using it. Webp is still an okay format though.

You should rice makis butthole to make her your best whore.

Would be nice to see an open image format based on the AV1 codec. Whatever HEVC uses is so good at extreme compression ratios.

F L I F
L I
I L
F I L F

Artsy.

>still in alpha development
>no standard decoder for flif finalized
Looks interesting but it will probably be another sjw jpg encoder kind of thing. Webp is already being used by services and webpages.

>Looks interesting but it will probably be another sjw jpg encoder kind of thing.
What's wrong with mozjpeg?

Mostly decoding problems but encoding times are really long.

Maki a slut! A SLUT!

mozjpeg just produces regular JPGs, like any other JPG encoder. It just does so more efficiently

Think of it like libpng vs optipng. The latter will produce a fully standards-compliant PNG just as well as the former, it just does a better job of compressing.

That's how pretty much every compression format works - a format is like a set of tools that you can use to eliminate redundancy. How to evaluate those parameters is pretty straightforward, and a decoder is easy to write and will always produce the same result for any given image. The encoder on the other hand has the much more complicated task of using those tools and figuring out the best way to represent an image file using them.

mozjpeg is pretty much just that - a JPG encoder that does a better job of applying the tools given to it in order to produce smaller JPGs that are still able to be decoded by any JPG decoder.

Think of it like using x264 vs NVENC or some other shitty H.264 encoder. They're both H.264 files, and to e.g. a hardware decoding chip it makes no difference - but the x264 version will still be significantly higher quality because x264 does a much better job of compressing the file.

>encoding times are really long.
I can't seem to reproduce this in my own tests. It's only like 2x-3x slower than libjpeg-turbo, and about the same speed as cwebp. Considering people are happy to move to VP9 and x265 which is literally orders of magnitude slower than x264, I don't think that's a big tradeoff for somebody like youtube to make?

Rome > Sol Invictus
Death in June > Sol Invictus

That being said, Sol Invictus is a good deal better than most other music. Congrats on having good taste in music.

What?

This is how its done

you should replace your BIOS with coreboot or libreboot

Can I replace my bios with a botnet?

sure but uefi is already a botnet

No it's not.

Its ok, I disabled the bios network option, Im safe now :)

>tfw computer is in full shut off and you wake up to see your network lights blinking
wtf even is that?

you cant disable intel management engines built in dhcp server

>Ricing the bios

I'd like to see you try without nuking it .

Unless it's a Nehalem/Sandry Bridge bios I'd doubt it supports BIOS Splash image change.

As for the bootloader , yes it should always be custom.

refind-install

yea ok, sure bro, whatever you say. ill believe you when i see the source code. even then its so obfuscated it would take a hundred people a year to sort through that fucking mess, if not more

Go learn what a botnet is, retard. I'm 100% positive you're thinking of a dataminer.

what the fuck even is intel botnet engine? Whys it in my desktop?

For 6KB that actually looks breddy gud.

You should Maki a Ruby with Riko.

Rice your monitor splashscreen.

Yes

/sci/? you mean do my homework board?