Verizon 5G

They appear to be testing 5G in my area (Pittsburgh).

Two different signals. One in the normal WiFi channels and one really high up.

Pic very related.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-vz-counter-competition-5g-122512059.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's wireless ac 5G not the thing after LTE. FiOS modems have a 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios

get the botnet (and) free version on fdroid

also it is because it is 5Ghz retard

no

dude switching to verizon right now

Cool now u can burn through your 2 GB data cap in 4 seconds instead of 10

The signal is extremely strong and it isn't coming from my house or the neighbors.

News says they are testing in multiple cities now. I didn't see Pittsburgh, but I did see Boston, Houston, and others. We have FiOS, so I assume that would be a logical place for them to start with the upgrade.

>One in the normal WiFi channels and one really high up.

It's a normal 5GHz wifi signal and channel friend

Why channel 149?

It's one of the channels available.

>YO-RU-DA-N
We can all see right through you, you little shit. Also yeah, the retarded data caps will be the reason I will never switch to verizon wireless. I'm using close to 100GB of mobile data every month with boost. I'm okay with 5-10 Mbps LTE speeds as long as it's legitimately unlimited.

Why is the signal so strong? It is stronger than the Verizon router in my house. I can't even see what neighbor it is coming even from.

>5-10 Mbps LTE
lelwut

I get more than that on shitty 3G in Canada

finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-vz-counter-competition-5g-122512059.html

It isn't. It's probably just someone in a nearby house or apartment with it.

F-Droid -> Adaway

There are three feasible houses. One is too far away (wifi ch 6). Two is across the street (?). The third one (closest) I know has the printer and the JRZ on the list.

Someone got a new router that has both 2.4 and 5 options?

I'd take those speeds over a cap any day. I'm switching to Cricket from Straight Talk due to this.

Probably, but fuck is it strong!

I don't have a "cap" either really. 5GB "full speed" which is often in the 10-12Mbit range and then it'll throttle itself but keep going. Not going to complain for $40

I lul at the plebs who pay $100+ for MUH LTE but then get 1 or 2GB limits with Bell or Rogers etc.

>I don't have a cap
>I get throttled after 5GB
Are you literally retarded?

I only pay $45 a month for my legit unlimited high speed data with boost (no full speed data caps). Sorry to hear about your crippling poverty. Maybe after you file for bankruptcy you should reconsider using credit cards for buying gayphones and $1,000+ purses.

"cap" generally means it stops working after a certain point or starts charging you a fortune.

Continue being the actual retard here

You get a "capped" full speed data allotment you fucking mongoloid. God, please slit your wrists and drink bleach, we are already full to the brim with idiots as it is now.

The terms are interchangeable, suppose he's implying that his data flow does not stop, which is what "cap" would imply. He's simply throttled down, thus the argument of "cap" vs "throttle". In reality though, they mean the same thing.