Need experience in order to land an IT job

>need experience in order to land an IT job
>can't get that experience unless someone hires you

What the fuck do I do? I've been at the same shit NOC job for five years doing very little and thereby getting very little experience so any full time job I apply for, even entry level shit, tells me I need more experience. I don't want to go back to school to get another degree because I already have two useless ones and I can't do internships unless I am in school

you say fuck them, and take on the world by yourself, and by the time you've failed, you've got enough experience for an IT job

>need experience in order to land an IT job
No you don't. Remind yourself that 90% of the offers is written by people from HR departments, by people that have no clue how programming works. And 'experience' field is often there just to scare off people that is uncertain about their programming skills. If you look nice, responsible and can talk with people without issues, you can land yourself pretty much any Junior\Middle SE job even if you don't have the knowledge required.

kill yourself

this desu, just end it

fake it till you make it user

>If you look nice, responsible and can talk with people without issues, you can land yourself pretty much any Junior\Middle SE job even if you don't have the knowledge required.

But I'm not a coder, I have been going for entry level help desk/NOC jobs.

refer to

>you can land yourself pretty much any Junior\Middle SE job even if you don't have the knowledge required.
Then when they sit you in the office and ask you to make X software you'll spend the next week or two sweating balls, desperately asking for help on Cred Forums then alt-tabbing to your code and pretending to be productively typing away every time your boss walks past. Then after about two weeks and they ask to see some progress you burst into tears and run out the building.

I work IT for a bank

we have a lvl 1 tech job open,
applicants are either waiters and taxi drivers and shit, or dudes with friggin phd's in security

We need that guy wthat got out of school last year, took his A+ and maybe did geeksquad or something

Just a little something that shows aptitiude, not a fucking phd. Position has been unfilled for 6 months.

-Push to get more responsibilities and duties at your current job so you learn new things

-Learn how to sell yourself and burnish your qualifications on your resume and in interviews. Autistic honesty is bad.

-Get certs to fluff your CV for HR.

If you're doing IT and you don't have experience, what you want are certs. For the most part you can self-learn, especially the entry-level shit, and then you just pay a bit to do an exam, get some certs and you are in a much better position. Then you just keep spamming your shit ass CV to every position you can find until one bites and BAM, experience.

Maybe they will pay your CCNA and you can either leave for another job or move up the ladder at your current one.

The third line is clearly pwd, not cd.

fake it till you make it, you won't get anywhere in life if you don't lie

lie about experience ;)

Identify as indian and microsoft will higher you as a developer without question.
If you are into security or pentesting at all identify as trans or mixed race and yahoo will higher you as head of internet security without even testing you. At yahoo, security is a learn as you go experience! :)

This. I lied about my experience and degree and now I work at a medical school doing tech support, pays really well and they didn't ask any questions about my credentials.

Out of curiosity, what did you say about your degree

Told them I had an AAS and A+, I have neither of those. I'm a college dropout. The best part is, the AAS I supposedly have is from a school 5 minutes up the road, they could honestly call and check any time, I imagine.

Pretty much. Just landed an entry-level help desk job at a call center.

Holy shit that's funny.

What was your plan B?

>Implying I had one
m8 I've coasted through life pretty easily and I've done no work to get where I am. Tech shit is so trivial when you grow up using computers, I still probably know half of what the average user here does yet I've never had an issue with performance at my job.

I also fibbed about my experience, I made it sound more relevant and recent.

I don't have any experience but I thought there was a blacklisting procedure for that kinda thing

There probably is but I don't think they even called, my 2nd interview they asked me a bunch of tech related questions and I did fine. It's technically an entry level position, so they weren't too concerned. The most important part is getting yourself an interview.

that's what I've read here and a few other places. Despite this I still can't believe how many people in this field are coasting by like this, it gives me hope