Anything better?

I plan to make a website to put on my business cards. I'm thinking of getting a domain, when I saw pick related. Is this a meme, is there anything better, or should I just get an actual domain. Some cons of that are, a shorter name with the .tk vs .whatever.

Also, is simpleHTTPserver in python a good thing to use SOLELY for hosting a simple html + a css file?

.tk has always been associated with shitty geocities tier webpages and scams. Avoid it.

Anything is ok for serving a simple html.

Thank you! Do you think an io address would be OK, especially for the non-techy people I'd be interacting with? Is there anything better, or is .com it?

Not that user, but it should be OK as long as it's short.

Freenom (pretty sure they're the same people as .tk) have a few different TLDs available for free, .tk is definitely associated with sketchy shit but the others are fine for now.

I would recommend a .com or something though, they can get pretty cheap

Actual domains such as a .com start at a mere €10/year. Don't be silly.

That's a lot for a name though.

I used .tk once for a shitty website and they killed my domain once it got popular. Just google for some of those stories, senpai.
Get a real fucking domain FOR A BUSINESS CARD
>anonsshittybusiness.tk
>DOT FUCKING TK
seems legit

If you don't give a shit get a .tk domain
If you give a shit get a real domain

its your choice...

>on my business cards
For 10€/year people can start taking you seriously.

If you put a .tk domain on a business card they'll laugh straight in your face, and you deserve it.

Just kidding! It's really not that bad, considering what I plan to bring in.

That's what I was figuring. It's like those shitty 'free hosts' gimmick. Anything Free needs to be carefully considered.

Yes.

What do you guys think about .xyz domains?
Even google is using it on abc.xyz

Should I get an .io or .net address? The .net is 20 bucks cheaper.

They can take your domain at any time, however they want. I got a domain taken away because of a server move and the website was down for approx. a week, maybe two. Now a domain grabber/spammer has put malware on it, which is also against their rules. I complained at Freenom, but support is useless.

Buy a real domain for less than $10 a month from a provider that actually cares.

>less than $10 a month
a year*

All these new domains sound fishy imo

I heard .io has some DNS problems with certain providers because of lacking infrastructure, but should mostly work. Personally I'd go with the cheaper one

Thanks a ton! I think I'm going to go with Gandi.net as a Domain Registrar

good choice

hard to believe, but I have a domain friend that believes it's going to rival '.com' eventually

1. .Country domain for domestic stuff. .co.uk, .es, .jp, etc

2. .com if you're commercial

3. For a personal website you can just pick anything that sounds good that's not free. .io is mostly a meme used by startups but it could be fine for your purposes,

No its not when you have a fucking job or a life jesus christ you can't take the cop out way when choosing a domain for a business

Thanks. Their site looked, as they say, no bullshit.

I know, it was a joke.

You can use pidgeons as http server as long as they can handle GET and POST methods

I'm planning on using SimpleHTTPServer since it's simple and just right there. It'll server what I'm about to customers, and is a link from the card to what I do.

.io is super expensive, I wouldn't use it unless you think you can get money out of what you are doing with it

>not using highschoolanime.club

You could just get a domain from google and setup a site and email with it. 12/year

I immediately ignore anything ending in .tk

How poor are you that you can't afford $10 a year?

why do they kill popular domains? Don't they serve ads before redirecting sometimes?

>Also, is simpleHTTPserver in python a good thing to use SOLELY for hosting a simple html + a css file?
Doesn't your OS-of-choice include a free Apache web server? If so, it probably has fewer bugs, exploits etc than simpleHTTP.

Absolutely do not get a .tk, you can scrape together $10 for a domain.

I would either get a .com or .io, I use both for my personal sites, but I wouldn't use io if it's not tech related...
.me would also be acceptable for a personal site
The benefit is that you can get really short names that aren't available with .com's.
Also depends how old and conservative your audience is.

Whoever said xyz will overtake .com is retarded, you have to consider the ease of typing it and xyz is awkward. io is easy to type, com is easy to type, etc.

Shit like this is why I was planing on spending the rest of my life alone.
Women really do ruin everything.

Also for free email hosting, zoho is top notch. I use it even though I could use hostgator because some places block emails originating from hostgator or other low quality providers.