Why aren't you buying Intel?

Why aren't you buying Intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifx.com/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm poor

But i didn't get to choose my CPU ;-;

So, Intel will lead poison you at the end of their lifetime?
Doesn't seem too good to me.

>not using LED as an example since they're infinitely cheaper than they used to be

Maybe if you are a monkey and break your things

i dont support jews

>supporting mudslims

It's not like it's better

But user the left one will last literally forever if it turns on 24/7 while the right one will dead after 8000 hours

Tell that to my Pentium D running 24/7 since 2006

but I like the old bulb.

because Dell did for me when they built my PC.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 58
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz

>pre-built

LED lighting is terrible for your heath.

Use incandescent or halogen only. Trust me.

Why?

>Jews /Thread/

That's not based on the Core architecture, it's still Netburst

Flashing and not resistant to weather.
Can turn on fire if the heatsink fail.
Yes, they use a heatsink.

because they have firmware-level backdoors so the NSA can spy on you

You need something, child?

Pajeet, are you ok? Do you need a hug?

Intel is not that good.

AMD is funded by rich mudslimes from Abu Dhabi, they litetally had to turn to terrorist funding organizations so they could stay afloat

I'm not a multimillionaire.

>More expensive over time

>more expensive over time

This meme needs to end now

It's also not that expensive

electricity prices increase at a higher rate than inflation.

You're literally burning money with your AMD housefire

>cfl
Shitty color spectrum output,light looks dull because the fluorescent basically just emits 3 wavelenghth peaks

High failure rate before claimed life expectancy

Running it base up reduces lifespan because of the significant heating that now can effectively radiate away

Has to warm up 1-2 minutes before maximum output is reached
Won't reach maximum output in cold weather at all

The fluorescent powder degrades over time,making it more dim at the end of its lifespan,different fluorescent powders also degrade at a different rate,changing the color temperature over time.

Theres no real standardized phosphorous powder mix that is used.
Buy a 827 "2700K" to or cfl and put them next to each other lit.
Not even cfl's from the same brand will always have the same color

Cfl,so are waste full,for every and often prematurely failed cfl,you throw away the PCB and all the components on it,PL and TL light don't have this problem

Limited switching operations,cfl's suffer from greatly reduced life if often switched on and off while actually burning for shot amounts of time(think bathroom and such)

Cfl,so emite varying amounts of UV-b and UV-c radiation as well as bretty strong em field

And that's why Intel sucks

I try not to support such terrible companies, although my next server will probably have an Atom

>cheaper over time
yeah, it will be cheaper after 10 years of constant usage

um, bat analogy as i had a clf burn out so catastrophically it started on fire. this was in the early days of them, but i refuse to ever use a flc because of how that thing burnt out on me. I considered it was just a bad bulb, till 4 others in the same pack melted when they burnt out, it wasn't the same charred fire but it was still fucking bad.

That said on amd/intel, I have a phenom 955 waiting on zen because the cpu is good enough to get me by. zen is my limit, either its good or cheap enough for me to buy it over intel, or i go intel.

have to many bad experiences with prebuilds to even consider them an option.

>Intel
>CFL bulb
>can take up to 35 seconds to get to full brightness
Wow nice going OP

>He thinks CFL are good
They are banned in EU because they give hard flicker that damages the eyes and leak as pussy with yeast infection.
Lmao

My saving light bulbs keep exploding. I hate them. Plus the lighting feels less natural.

If it's warm lighting you're after you should pick up some of these, I love mine

CCFLs are utter shit btw

This
>light's rated for 15 years
>ballast dies in 1.5 months

If only Samsung could bring us LED's

Not just that, even when it works it's a shitty light by design.
>Flickering at 2x mains frequency
>Take a long time to reach full brightness so unsuitable for rooms you just enter to get something
>Poor colour reproduction

Good LEDs are the bee's knees, the duck's guts

>not undervolting his fx
>not getting athlon 845 excavator

Thats not led you dumb shit

>buy some store brand 9W LED bulbs for $3
>it just works

The heat sink isn't because the LED's are inefficient, it's because they run off DC and need their own powersupplies for conversion. If anything, that is a bonus, the light will never flicker or pulsate if the current has interference.

The bad LEDs also flicker and have bad colour reproduction, some even give of a pink or violet light instead of neutral 6500k white.
Even if you don't see it with your eyes you can try filming them with your phone's camera.

Please explain.

CFLs have mercury in them so when they break its a major health hazard. Old incandescent are safe when broke outside of the glass.

iirc it's the heating and cooling that kills the bulb. Leave it on and it won't die even remotely as fast. It will still eventually die though.

>intel MEI
B - botnet.

Incandescent Lightbulbs if it let turned on without ever turning off, will last a decade or more, turning it off will make the tungsten filament from blazing hot to cool and causing metal fatigue and strain to its already delicate filament.

I also heard from ripleys believe it or not that one light bulb from 19th century still alive and well

*dataminer

i don't want to support isreal.

Because, 25w
Still waiting on that PSU...

this

don't they use incandescents inside microwaves? I wonder why they last so long generally

They're designed to last longer. That's all.

wow you really went all out with that build didn't you

too rich for my blood

>a box that size for a wireless nano adapter

>not getting 2700k
hahahahaha

Well you should be glad they don't use CFL which contains mercury.
TP-LINK's wireless adapters are not reliable in my experience. They like to drop every now and then. Their drivers are also unsigned and shoddy and I have to end up finding the chip's OEM to download the drivers. Also disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" seems to reduce its finickiness.

I do tho.
>IPP is GOAT for opencv

I don't actually use 6500k, but 2700k is yellow and looks bad in most places, I only use it for reading laps, bedside lamps etc.
Most of the house is fitted with 4000k LEDs, and it's the best temperature imho.

It's Edison's first bulb, iirc it's something like 15w and provides the light of about 5 candles. Incandescent can be made to last significantly longer depending on the filament used. But they won't be nearly as bright. The cost difference between incandescent, fluorescent, and led bulbs is more reflective of expected lifespan than actual cost of production. Want an led rated to last 30x longer than an incandescent with the same brightness? Well, they're going to cost roughly 30x more.

Why not pay the extra bit of money for the 5370? Can that mobo overclock the cpu? I really want to build one of these little guys just to play around with. Considering the 5370 just because it barely costs any more, and has that extra multiplier. Maybe by the time I get around to it, they'll have a faster one.

Here's hoping Zen revitalises the market. I have a feeling that Intel has been holding back performance because they don't feel any pressure from AMD.

Our company switched from Cisco/Linksys to TP-link and it was a huge mistake looking back (not only downtime but the oney and time spent servicing strange network problems)

they gained a foot hold in Australia and dominate the market by half assing it imo

>Incandescent Lightbulbs if it let turned on without ever turning off, will last a decade or more, turning it off will make the tungsten filament from blazing hot to cool and causing metal fatigue and strain to its already delicate filament.

That's complete nonsense. There might be some extra stress from heating/cooling with power cycles, but the filament basically burns away continuously when the lamp is lit, and lifespan of an incandescent lamp will rarely exceed its rated lifespan by any significant amount even if you never power cycle it. Filaments don't really fail from "metal fatigue", they fail from the filament literally evaporating away with use.

Incandescent lamps can last many thousands, even into the hundreds of thousands of hours, but this is done by either specifically designing the lamp for long life or running it with less than specified voltage, or both combined.

For general usage, though, it usually makes more sense to design incandescent lamps to burn relatively hot and maximize efficiency while maintaining only a 500-2000 hour lifespan. Incandescent lamps themselves are cheaper than the electricity they consume, so it's just logical to focus on efficiency rather than lifespan unless there's some specific need for a long life lamp (e.g. critical application or difficult to change location).

Less heat was my reason

Fucking heat warms everything else

Yeah I had an AIO going straight out the case

Live in the tropics?

>needs time to warm up
>needs time to shut down, afterglow
>disgusting color with incomplete frequency spectrum
>buzzing and heavy metal contamination

would not accept for free/10

TP-LINK is chink shit, basically

> tfw people on this board are too young to remember the athlon xp.

>but old enough to have gotten inside your mom

>flashing
i think i know this problem, i've installed cheap-ass LED "lightbulbs", seems like those don't have any kind of capacitor to hold voltage, now everything in my room happens in 50fps. looks surreal when i'm dropping something and it falls down like in videogame

>current year
>not using LED bulbs

why even live TBQH famaroni

>120Hz flicker
>imperfect color spectrum/tint
>poor light distribution patterns

Incandescent lamps don't have these problems. Neither do all LED lamps, but it's ridiculous how much of a gamble it is and how much trial and error can be required in testing different LED lamps.

true
there have been tests done on the amount of power consumed at idle and load between an FX-8XXX and i7-4790K and they both pulled equal at idle and not enough of a difference at high loads to make a difference for low use over a year.
If you use both for an hour or two a day for games the KWh difference (or cost thereof) on a monthly basis would be fractions of a KWh/cent.

Most of my bulbs are those subsidized LED's and I've never noticed any of these issues, guess I got lucky or I'm just not paying enough attention. The CFL's I used did have pretty bad flicker.

yea if you have like 50 of them running 24/7 over a period of 10 years you might notice a few extra cents on your utility bill, but otherwise not really

yeah man intel 'runs cool' lol

Intel is funded by rich jews in Israel

see the difference?

Because i'm not going to support the intel monopoly and Zen is going to wreck their shit in price-performance.

difference? nah

if you legit think amd costs more to power you need to step away from the pc once in your life

amd supports:
>amd-v and iommu
>ecc memory
in all chips
meanwhile, with intel, you pay premium prices for those features
also, the overheating stuff is a bs meme anyway.

Is your electric bill really the reason? Are you really that poor user?

If he's poor, it's probably because he doesn't realize that spending $100 to save $1 a year on electricity bill doesn't make financial sense.

how is amd more expensive over time?

What year is that mobo from if it doesn't even have wifi?

Retards think the 50¢ difference in electricity over the course of owning the machine is somehow more than the difference in price between an AMD and an Intel CPU

As mcuh as I prefer intel processors, I'd have a 100w bulb over a cfl any day.

>Athlon XP is now considered old
No, Timmy, you are the young one.

Fuck that m8!

>ITT: fanboy gets butthurt that AMD has better cost/performance ratio than intel

Sry, but
that shit representing intel = normal lightbulb < LED

Do all motherboards come with Wi-Fi now? What a waste.

>LED's
>Good lighting
>Ever

What?

Because they are cunts. My next cpu will be AMD. It isn't like i will be missing something

That feel when you have a xeon 1231 V3 that performs like a i7-3770.
Also i got it for 240€ new so it wreks amd in price to performance.

Man, CCFL lighting has its downsides but fuck me do I hate LED lighting as it tends to be ATM

>Directional as shit
>often a flickery mess and you can't tell until you start feeling nauseous/dizzy/headachey/not right
>colours can be weird as FUCK
>ALL THIS just for some light
>literally the worst street lights either not bright enough or so bright you don't need a light in your house on a night thanks to the fucking 1000TW sun out front that makes your BLACKOUT curtains glow(thanks council)
>tfw also miss the orange glow of street lights that shit was so comfy
>worst car headlights sick of this juddery mess I'm seeing while I'm driving on a night

only upto 40% ipc

'member athlon

Cred Forums 'members

Just don't eat your lightbulbs?

Osteoporosis isn't a problem, just make sure you never trip :^)

Bah, i don't care about random canned benchmarks, and to be honest, nobody cares about whats cpu has the best performance. Back then when Intel had that turd called Pentium 4, everybody kept buying it, even when the Athlon was clearly superior.

Nanoleaf LEDs a cute and a best

Because every intel processor I've ever bought has shit the bed after a year, but my AMD powered laptop and towers have survived power surges, fire, and being submerged in a lake.

10% efficiency loss is perfectly acceptable to me for a third the price and four times hte staying power.

only autistics by i7's

be special by being a mindless tech whore like everyone else.

you need that hyperthreading it makes your Cred Forums threads more hyper

That fully lit one without the single visible LEDs looks the best, but I think I will stick to my chink LED fillament bulbs that cost a fraction of the cost.

Because botnet, AMD is mostly FOSS friendly

Bullshit.

Because I don't support the kikes

As long as it clocks at >=3 GHz and has IPC >= 90% of Haswell, I'm getting a Summit Ridge setup this Spring.

Broadwell-E is great, but an 8-core workstation chip isn't really worth $1100.

"""""""""""Netburst******""""""""""""

I do.

Even back then intel shills were in denial, the athlon xp was literally superior in every aspect that intel shills are shilling about, even back then it wast "multicore performance" or "power consumption" since the athlon xp ran at a lower clock with a better cache system and more ipc improvements, in fact the pentium 4 was so shit they had to go back to the pentium 3's design, basically today's skylake is partially the pentium 3's architecture, but improved.

Because Intel is a shit company with shit practices

>>tfw also miss the orange glow of street lights that shit was so comfy
THIS!
Fuck I miss sodium lamps!

>tfw my city only has white lights on the main drag

If you're buying used a 990 mobo + FX 6350 or 8350 is still a viable option.

/fred

Fucking hell!
How long till they start doing all the major motorways that are never seen to?

Intel ME / AMT and related crap baked into their chips.

mine stopped working ;_;

The LG $8 ones? yeah i have one in my bathroom and im experiencing the same problems.

And this is the second bulb i used.
The ones i used outside my house stopped working after a small hurricane.

Fuck Blue street LED lights.

CFL's are the biggest pile of shit ever

Especially these fuckers. Absolutely useless, especially in the cold.

and this is the LED bulb.

lifx.com/
These are the shit, I fucking love my led lightbulbs

streetlights on my block still have the comforting orange glow. feels pretty nice.

The problem of LED bulbs is that good ones are really too expensive, CFL do the job just fine.

The cheaper ones that are the same price than CFL are between shit and just werk.

where did you of gettings?

you know AMD has R&D and factories in Israel too right?
The only company that doesn't is Nvidia which I guess you hate you amdrone :^)

It's not LED. That's CFL.

Those are problems with CFL.

Well, yeah.

Hell yeah, I love LED bulbs. The main light in my apartment is a 6.3W bulb in a desktop lamp my dad bought at Ikea. Best gift of 2014. I use the least power of anyone else in the building; 25% less than the 2nd lowest.

Who even uses cfl when you can get led bulbs for like $2 each now, like $10 to led light your shitty apartment

iAMT and vPro botnets built into the hardware. At least make the NSA work for their shekels.

>>worst car headlights sick of this juddery mess I'm seeing while I'm driving on a night
now this I agree with fuck people that get these lights. I swear they are going to kill me.

Otherwise there are many that are excellent directionaly,
If you get decent ones they dont have most the issues you listed
They are just so cheap to use its not even funny. Pay themselves off so quick.

because i like the little guys.

I JUST GOT LED bulb so nice warm yellow might even buy six more lol

I got one 6w bulb going to try for 7w bulb for rooms and the 6w for everywhere else
these things cover the whole house with light but 7w is bright as the sun

currently on ccf 8w its not nice to be honest.

as for AMD vs intel it depends on the era of cpu some years are worse then others for both sides

at the momment your picture is accuate untill Zen becames a thing.
I was on Pass mark the other day thinking about skylakes i7 6700k being 10,000+ score its not really unreachable for AMD

and given there's more poorfags then rich I can't see why AMD can't reach it.
given the 9590 is only ~700 points behind

Mean while Intel is miles ahead of AMD with broadwell-E

but lets be realistic here I think AMD might crush intels skylake (even the topend) and possiably the low to mid end of kaby lake that with all of zen's specs and some number crunching I did with passmark.

I messured my FX6100 (now sold) and i7 6700K is only double the speed
i7 6700k is exactly 50% faster than original Zambezi chips
but Zen claims its cpu is 80% faster than the orginal Zambezi chips

Ouch.
Mainstream is in for a shake up IMO

Im not the guy you are replying to, but he is right, the gas inside the bulb is completely free from any oxidizing gas (iirc it was filled with argon gas) and tungsten is a material that have melting point half as hot as sun's surface let alone its boiling point, and average temperature during its filament burning inside the bulb is way... way below its phase changin temp.

Also read: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light

Fluorescent lighting sucks. Makes you feel like you're in a warehouse.

Incandescent masterrace.

Poor comparison btw OP, consider suicide.

If I can't order my AMD Zen CPU soon something bad is going to happen!
It's going to be the top end Summit Ridge with 32 GiB of ECC RAM.

>burning since 1901
>clear evidence of planned obsolescence

holy shit, i cant fathom how many mass produced goods are engineered to fail today, those greedy corporate pigs... is that why computers are made out of silicon instead of germanium like the semiconductor component from space probe?

The centennial bulb is a meme. That lamp has an *extremely* low efficiency and has essentially spent its life sucking down a ton of energy to produce a dim orange glow. You can do this with any modern incandescent lamp by simply running it at way less than its design voltage. It will last tens, maybe hundreds of thousands or millions of hours, but you'll also waste thousands of dollars in electricity for what is now a barely useful source of light.

Listen bud, is arguing that thermal expansion has nothing to do with the bulb lifetime, im pointing out that he is wrong by telling him that the bulb filled with non oxidating gas which prevent anyting to be burnt inside (the light comes out purely from thermal heat), and tungsten at temperature way below its melting point will not going to evaporate.

No doubt that when a newer tools appear , the older tools will be less efficient, like how its extremely inefficient to apply photoshop filter with an old 486dx compared to its more modern counterpart, but we're not talking about efficiency here.

Majority of the streetlights in the US are HID

*citation needed

The bulbs don't last as long, costing you more money in replaced bulbs. CFLs can last years.

>CFL rated for 15 years
>ballast dies in months
nah

I'm the same person and I didn't claim that is has *nothing* to do with the lifetime, just that it's rather minimal.

You clearly have limited experience with incandescent lamps if you've never seen one that's been burning for a long time and has a coating of tungsten all over the inside of the glass. Utilizing a vacuum or inert gas (argon, krypton, or xenon all being common for incandescent lamps) significantly slows evaporation of the filament. It does not, however, prevent it completely. If it did we would have had incandescent lamps that last forever even with high filament temps for more than a century.

>incandescents last months
>it shatters while installing it

Actually reading a bit more about it, a vacuum doesn't slow evaporation, it mainly just prevents thermal runaway and instant burnouts.

That would explain why a vacuum-filled lamp tends to show more blackening than a gas-filled lamps.

The gas fills do slow evaporation, but you will still see blackening in gas-filled lamps, especially if they burn on the hot side or last a long time before breaking.

Incandescents last years silly, and there's no fucking retarded ballast to guarantee you get a fraction of the rated life.

the output is different between the two and i like the yellow glow from incandescent bulbs, CFL hurts my eyes

>Incandescent
>More energy drain
>Build like a tank

>CFL
>Consumes drastically less energy
>Breaks when you look at it funny

What do they mean by this

See

also CFL's have mercury in them, enjoy your headaches

>Incandescent
>higher energy drain
>governments drag feet on cleaner energy, build more coal and gas plants

>CFL
>uses less energy
>when they break they release mercury into the environment

1000 hours / ( 8 hours / day) = 125 days

125 days = years??????????

>Anincandescentbulb doesn't containmercury, but it still has a higher overallmercury footprint than aCFL, thanks to the coiled tube's energy efficiency. Coal-fired power plants are humans' No. 1 source ofmercurypollution, and energy-intensive incandescents make those plants burn more coal thanCFLsdo.

Who leaves lights on for 8hrs a day?
3000 hours / 3h/day = 1000 days

1000 days = 2.74 years

Because Intel will fuck my balls with ultraviolet radiation, prevent me from sleeping because of its blueish light and poison me with its mercury, all that for media memes about durability and energy efficiency.

Instead of blaming incandescent lamps for coal burning power plants, they could actually solve the problem and use other types of power plants.

Lighting in general is a small portion of total power consumption, especially residential lighting. That's why it's just ridiculous how much of a big deal has been made about incandescent lamps. People waste so much more energy in so many other ways.

underrated reply

At a business I work at, changing all the incandescent lights to led or CFL cut our power bill in half. Lighting is a huge part of energy consumption. Our planet literally glows at night due to lighting.

Most commercial places stopped using incandescent lamps by 1950s, though. Obviously if you are lighting a large commercial building with incandescent lamps, they're going to suck up a lot of power. Lighting up a residential room with a couple small bulbs, not so much.

And of course you'll find that your lighting cost is a much larger portion of your total cost if you're not using much climate control (e.g. in the spring/fall or in mild climates), but in summer/winter especially in places with extreme heat or cold the climate control is a much greater concern.

Incorrect about commercial places not using incandescent lighting. A lot of commercial places use incandescent lighting because it looks better and fits the mood better. I can walk down several blocks of one of the commercial streets in my town and 90% of the businesses won't have fluorescent lightning.

Maybe it's a regional thing. I'm a lighting autist who checks out the lighting everywhere I go and I can't even remember a time of seeing incandescent lighting in a store or something.

You can get 2 100w incan bulbs for £1 m8

Suck my left nut faggot.