ATH-M50 meme

Who started this meme?
>Bought into it 3 years ago.
>Picked up used HD 598's for 50$
>They blow the ATH-M50s out of the water

son you trippin I got them, had them way longer than you candy ass and they the best damn headphones in the world

Are you actually comoaring closed and open headphones?

yes I'm comparing two pairs of headphones.

knew this guy was a candy ass goodness me

Confirmed B8 thread, time to go home everybody.

bait

Marques Brownlee was the first person I heard blow it up, but I'm no headphone enthusiast.

The DT770s blow the ath-mfuckfaces out of the water too
Pretty much anything at that price that isn't ath-m50s blows ath-m50s out of the water
Who started the meme? People buying their first pair of headphones ever and going to the first review they can possibly find, also aesthetics since they look good
Make no mistake though, they are utter trash

>Tech nigger approved

Dope.

>"studio" headphones
If I had the power and influence to sue them over this you bet your ass I would try

then what a bout Monitor Headphones?

Nope, the frequency response is rubbish and their only good merit is as shitty DJ headphones. They're good looking, tough and flip out, they're closed and you can heat a thump for your cues. For producers or mixing or even tracking they're absolute trash diarrhea in a tin can blender fuck face shits
Get DT770s or HD598s for your first headphone, you won't be disappointed

Sound is relative

I had senheisers HD 920 and my beats by dre blow them out of the water IMO

nah it was music producers

there's nothing wrong with the M50 go to bed Zeos

My K66s are better, and they're old as fuck.

I think they sound weak too, but they are cheaper headphones. An extra $30 and you get to a much better level of headphones, they're just entry level

>Picked up used HD 598

I really hope you didn't buy the ATH-M50 if you never get out of your house.

In case you do, good luck using open headphones outside.

The "M" in "M50X" stands for "Meme" and you still fell for it.

>I'm comparing a sports car and an SUV
>I'm comparing a server and a laptop
>I'm comparing a beer and a cocktail
That's the equivalent of what you're saying

Headphones are subjective.

I had bose in ear ones and they were the best I've owned. Insane base, which is what I love. The ath m50s sounded like shit in comparison at first. But I gave them a chance, tho I had to use a music balancer to get the sound I was used to back.

/thread

They're studio monitors you mong. They're for making music or doing sound work, not easy listening.

>yfw the downgrade, that is the M40x, is an upgrade

bought ath-m30x how bad did I mess up. 50 dollarees.

What does Cred Forums think of pic related?

This reply is so stupid it hurts. People use headphones to listen to music. It doesn't matter if they're open or closed, they perform the same exact function. The only difference being that one is better for being in public or if you care about sound leakage. Other than that, they are exactly the same in terms of function. They're priced equally and both are highly recommended but one performs better than the other, so it's perfectly fine to compare the two.

>They're exactly the same
>They just do the exact same thing in different ways

Your argument is self defeating, sperg.

FATIGUE

zeos meme so he could get sheckles from sponsored links.

>not buying the m40x

LMAOing at ur life.

There are not just differences in comfort and usability. The main point of open headphones is to prevent the headphone case from reflecting sound inside the case which then acts as a filter. It's like comparing desk monitors and bookshelve monitors they're entirely different in their conception. A good pair of closed headphones is engineered in a way that that the filtering created by the shell is balanced by the filtering applied to the drivers. Open headphone supposably do not need that, but they are worthless for studio recording and just being around other people and in noisy areas.
Sure they are still headphone, but you wouldn't recommend a small hatchback to a guy who lives up a muddy hillside track and pulls a trailer.

I'm sorry, but I like botnetbass. They're not the best headphones at that price range, but damn if they can't play Aero Deck

>Buying used headphones
That sounds pretty gross man

this

They are not.

What's better about the M40s?

They are the meme headphones for a reason dood