How can I make this cheaper, Cred Forums?

How can I make this cheaper, Cred Forums?

500 hdd - 120 ssd ?

Where is this? Those prices are insane

Canada ...

>Crossfire board
>nVidia card

>DDR4-2133 supported board
>CPU with max RAM speed of 2133MHz
>2400MHz RAM sticks
Come on OP, you're not even trying

why would that matter in a single gpu setup, since he obviously isn't aiming for more than that?

also

get rid of SSD, if it's a budget build you can live without quicker boot ups
Get an i5-6400 and a Z170 board with older bios that allows overclocking of non-K cpus

this. i would keep the SSD though.

In a single setup, you're correct that it doesn't matter. But if in the OP decides for either Crossfire or SLI in the future, this will not make for an easy upgrade path. They will have to buy a new motherboard or two new cards.

Since when does this matter?
What the fuck.

55$ for a case? Why?

Remove GPU

case LMAo. just stick the motherboard up ur ass instead OP

nothing matters, user

RAM is cheaper this way

>what is overclock

Move to a real country

dude, at least we have Five Guys! so it's not THAT bad!

I wonder why some people are so bad at making builds. This cost me $1100 including my monitor

SSD's are not required for a build. If you absolutely need it for quick Windows boot, just get a 120gb SSD for 20-30 less. Case can be cheaper; especially if Micro ATX. Most programs/games don't utilize even 8GB of RAM. Get 4x2 ddr4 and buy more down the road.

What is the program you're using in that picture?

>seagate

speccy

>asrock
>4gb card
>shit tier SSD
>1TB seagate

Are you suggesting that you have a good build there?

Coo.

I'm going to double up RAM and upgrade GPU soon.

OP, you don't even need a case. just buy an antistatic mat and tape your components to that using electrical tape.

use a hair dryer weekly to remove dust and cheetos crumbs.

>>asrock
it's working for him so there's literally no problem
gb card
and? he probably bought it before all the new cards came out
>>shit tier SSD
still gets the job done
TB seagate
see above

you sound really insecure, post your specs.

its not like you can sli the 1060 anyway

>get rid of SSD, if it's a budget build you can live without quicker boot ups

Or get a smaller one. I have a 120GB one, and Linux only uses half of it. Even then it's overkill. I made / (and probably /usr as well) larger than it really needed to be.

Of course /var, /tmp, and /home are not on it. /home could easily use up 60GB and then some, and /var can eat up quite a bit too if you aren't careful with it. Those three partitions are where the majority of routine writes are going to take place, and I'm sorry, but I don't trust the SSD manufacturers when they say that frequent writes are no longer an issue. Less of an issue sure, but not a non-issue.

Even when I still used Win 7, 120GB was more than enough for the OS, and drivers, with room to spare some programs.

OP: If you do forego the SSD completely, drop that other HD too, and buy a Toshiba Canvio 3TB. It is an external HD, and quite frankly as an external one it's a piece of shit. The drive itself is perfectly fine though. It's the SATA to USB adapter on it that sucks. Open that sucker up, and you have a decent 3TB internal drive for about the same price as a 2TB internal would cost--think I paid around $75 at Walmart. You could buy two of them for about what you are paying for the two you have chosen, and then set them up in a RAID-0 configuration for better performance. Later on maybe add two more for a RAID-10.

However, by opening it you do void your warranty, and you pretty much have to destroy the enclosure to open it. Also if you do this, be careful and don't cut yourself opening it. It's really easy once you get it started, but it's not immediately obvious how to do it.

Personally though, I feel like SSDs are worth having.

>asrock
werks for me managing a 4.6k OC on my i5
>4gb card
Never had a problem in any games i play.
>shit tier SSD
pc turns on in 5 seconds pretty happy with that
>1TB seagate
that came with the i5 and the evo 212 cooler($200 combo deal).