/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Casio-A168W-1-Stainless-Steel-Watch/dp/B000LAKYW8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1475159804&sr=8-8&keywords=casio watch
ebay.com/itm/Seiko-SNXK90J1-Day-Date-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Analog-Gold-Dial-Watch-/121540904046?hash=item1c4c67046e:g:8EoAAOSwyQtV3vBf
ebay.com/itm/Omega-seamaster-150m-men-watch-/131954868459?hash=item1eb91f80eb:g:HaoAAOSw4shX5wGN
dutyfreeislandshop.com/citizen-cc9015-54e-cc9005-58e-eco-drive-attesa-satellite-wave-world-time-titanium-dlc-sapphire-japan-watch
youtube.com/watch?v=xp3hkhK38Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=XvLhJamAjAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you wear a watch in 2016 and are under 40 years old then you are autistic.

If you dont wear a watch and youre under 40 youre too poor to afford one

Is the Casio DW9052 a good deal for $40 new?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Seems alright. I like the DW-5600 with the square instead of round design for about the same price.

is the Casio MRW200H a good cheap watch?

Not really, it's cheap, flimsy plastic and resin. Rotating bezel especially sucks. It's as accurate as any cheap quartz though.

What's the best analog watch I can get for under $30?

Timex Weekender? Pope watch? I don't have any personal experience with them though, I have a job after all.

Stretch for the timex expedition

I'd suggest saving 10 extra bucks and getting a MDV-106.

Otherwise a Timex Expedition Scout or Weekender.

The Casio you posted is actually pretty decent as a beater. Very shock resistance and has a functional bezel
Timex is dogshit. If the shitty movement doesn't turn you off then avoid them because they use the worst press casebacks in the industry.
It's impossible to change the battery on your own basically.
If you want a steel watch then MDV106 is easily the best cheap quartz you can get.
Diving WR, pretty nice bezel and it has standard lugs if you want to change the strap later on.

Not all have press casebacks.

All the 100+m wr models do

It's a cheap Seiko 5 that I bought 4 years ago. I replaced the shitty metal bracelet with a nice leather one. My other watch is a Casio G-Shock.

Dream watch is an Omega Speedmaster Professional but I'm too frugal to ever buy one for myself.

I'd just need a watch with an alarm. I'd prefer all black and simple.

I think I had one of these before but I lost it. Also the strap was uncomfortable. Should I go with the meme watch?

Gimme some recommendations for cheap Chinese quartz watches. I'm not falling for the mechanical meme.

Define cheap faggot.

Why don't you try googling instead.

Sup

>Halios
I wish they still made the Laguna

They are re releasing it end of this year

holy shit, I looked on their site like a week ago and didn't see anything about this! I'm definitely going to order one this time around!

please don't do what tempest did with their internal bezel watch and ruin it with a superdome crystal!

xiaoya
nomos

So last night I posted because a gear fell out and the hands weren't turning when I was fucking around with an ST17 movement.
The gear turned out to be the part responsible for hand-winding the watch, and after cleaning the movement and tightening a screw or two it started running fine again (as much a seagull movement can).

After modifying the dial and getting it all put back together I might see about regulating it, but only time will tell.

This is the same chink brand that makes the fifty fathoms homage right?

are you thinking about Helson?

Halios doesn't really do homages

/lm;l

showing your sn on Cred Forums

enjoy prison child rapist

nice congrats

Rate My Collection.

Did you rob a bus of poor people for those?

That one on the right side like halfway to the back is pretty good

Whats the tank style one on the black strap next to the gold bezel watch?

Who else /baller/

Kek.
No I just happen to come across a lot of used watches in my business. They're all mostly shitty quartz watches and 95% of them all have dead batteries. There's some vintage betty boop and cartoons acrylic watxhes. And a translucent swatch. Not sure what to do with them but I will have a lot of straps for any watch I decide to buy. What do you guys think

god damnit, 6 o'clock date aperture?

What color is it?

Jesus, why not sell like a few of that and get yourself a Patek or Jaeger?

LOL. maybe a Patek or JLC clasp?

Hello /wt/, I'm looking for a watch with this kind of style but a little bit smaller, something like 36-39mm (this one's 44mm) and way more cheaper than this one wich is €349.
I prefer mechanicals but if you have Quartz in mind I guess that would work too.
I also don't mind if is a pre-owned vintage, that would be sweet too, just suggest model names and I'll start searching.

None of them are even automatic :)

Is my Speedmaster Reduced kawaii?

I have small wrists

>not pro

A mechanical chronograph is going to be pricey to purchase and to service

Probably going to have to get a quartz in your price range. I know seiko have some Quartz chronographs as well as mechanical chronographs that might be at the top end of your price range, have a look on a search engine

probably wont find em,
save up for a junghans

I am feeling down, is there any new kickstarter or projects out there I can buy/get behind?

Why don't you go whittle a stick or something instead of spending money because you feel down

Invest in my landscaping business

It's an abomination. Save up and get the FOIS if you are a wristlet. It's smaller without ruining the original design.

What exact model is that?

FOIS = First Omega in Space

It's a Speedmaster Professional only without the crown guard, so it wears a little smaller. I've got one, would also recommend. Doesn't come on a bracelet though.

I just don't like the fact that it doesn't have the dick and balls at 12 o'clock like a Speedmaster is supposed to.

The 5610 is a far nicer watch and not much more iirc.

>I just happen to come across a lot of used watches in my busines
Are you a mugger??

>shitty boutique microbrew chinkshit brands instead of just buying a Seiko or Orient
Good luck trying to get it fixed once it breaks.

It uses a Miyota 9015 so I don't think it'll be an issue m9.

What Seiko or Orient is that on the bottom?

Pisspoor

No, you always get the real deal since everybody always regrets not having the moonwatch

What's it like being poor and living in a third world shithole, nineshit?

Are auto-Speedys still swiss lever escapement or are they co-axial?

it's a Helm Vanuatu
which is funny considering his post

Why don't you go whittle a stick or something instead of begging for attention

You mean like the Seagull 1963? Where i live its a bit short of 200 euros.

If only it came with a hesalite crystal. Can't unsee the milky ring around the dial the sapphire has.

You could have gotten a ray 2 for 20 more bucks.
Now you have to pretend that you actually like wearing a fucking green watch.
Good job

Should I cop?

Is this real?

I picked w59 over f91 just for better water resistance and being less on the nose while still being pretty much the same watch

lol
Obviously not. Are you blind?

I'm really starting to love pajeet specials
Especially when retards post an "Oris" or a "Seiko 5" with a hilariously shit dial.

The price difference would have been >$120 for me. Good math though.

Which shithole do you live in?

(185usd * 1.32 (USD to CAD) * 1.13 (tax) plus shipping fees plus Duty fees.

Are poo2loo Seiko 5's even real Seikos? Or just another redialed HMT with an automatic Citizen-clone movement?

They usually get pieced together from whatever, seiko 5 and the 7s26 movements are so common I doubt whether they use any other parts, they would just piece the movements together from a couple parts

I sold a curry seiko to somewhere here and the movement was alright, a legit 7s26. Everything else on it was shit though

Reposting to see if there's any interest/an actual answer to my question:

Does anyone know of the best place to sell auctions other than Ebay? For watch enthusiasts?

I have a Tisell ST2130 that I bought, and haven't worn once. I love it for a mechanical SeaGull movement, it's just too big for my wrist.
It's 40mm, and in my opinion looks great, just too huge.

>pre-coax Seamaster Pro 300 comes in
>tfw it's just another watch
Please tell me I won't feel this disappointment when I see a GS for the first time.

If your hearts not in it, maybe you should take a break from collecting.

It's not mine, it came in for repair.

I mean is there a point even ever going above Seiko Presage level?

An user in the last thread was expressing interest in buying it. Otherwise WUS is perhaps best as far as exposure goes but they're turboautists about post count and account life to list on /f29/.

Yeah, that one user was why I reposted it, along with wondering about possible vendor sites.

WatchUSeek is going to be worth checking out, I guess. I don't want to have to shitpost to be able to sell though, that's fucking annoying.

What about Chrono24? Or is that for more high-end watches?

Are hacking levers the biggest scam? I just installed one in my 70's ETA and I bet it's worth twice as much now.

They do have some lower end stuff but because of their reputation as a high end kind of place it's pretty low on the list of places I check when I'm shopping for that kind of stuff.

You mean you installed a hacking lever in a movement that didn't have one? Cool. Details and pics please.

I don't have the pictures right now, maybe at home. But it's an ETA 2783 it normaly didn't come with hacking, but the post for the hacking lever is literally there on the mainplate, all I had to do is drop the part in.

The lever was originally meant for a different movement of course, but even ETA lists it as compatible with the 2783.

I really dig it.

I don't blame them. A lot of the watches sold are over a grand.
How's $40? You'll learn quick that chink watches don't retain value. Especially with seagull movements

No it's probably too expensive for an ugly watch. If you want a watch with a gaudy dial get a Komandirskie.

>Good luck trying to get it fixed once it breaks.

why would not be able to get it fixed?
do you think they use inhouse movements, lol?

The difference is that Omega is a respected watch brand, and ruskieshit isnt

>vostok
>not respected

what's the best digital stainless steel casio meme watch under 30 bucks?

I'm getting terrible accuracy out of my Alpinist, like +26 seconds a day. Seiko rates the watch at -15 to +25 seconds a day.
My warranty is still valid should I take it to the store or is this normal?

>Swatch-shit
>respected

My 5216 was running at a steady +2 per day for months, but has just recently started losing time. Now it's running about -15 or so. Thinking it might be magnetized, any particular watch degausser /wt/ can recommend?

They let you set your watch to the second, which is good if you're autistic like us

What do you guys think of this bronze flieger? Can you think of any other/better fliegers around 500$?

You could take it to the store

>delusional neckbeards circlejerking about "superior" japanese and russian watches

I used to own this, rotor was very noisy, otherwise an excellent watch, great lume and excelent case finish. Would really like saphire and manual wind or another ETA for longevity though.

Casio doesn't make any steel digitals, there is the pulsar PW-3001 though.

You don't buy Steinhart because they are durable or long lasting.

More of this fucking bronze meme?

God damn

Its an eta movement fucker, its quality you lil bitch. Stick to ching chong and russkie divers m8

Better than faux gold, at least

whats wrong with bronze NiggerBalls?

amazon.com/Casio-A168W-1-Stainless-Steel-Watch/dp/B000LAKYW8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1475159804&sr=8-8&keywords=casio watch

Am I missing something?

Bronze is Faux gold m8.

If Steinshit made a bronze version of this I would probably buy it.

The description is wrong, it's a painted resin case with a steel bracelet and caseback.

1/4

I was offered this as a présent, it's a very old family watch (prob 19th century), and I think it's gold.

Tried to wind it with no luck.

This week end ill see a repairer.

Do you think it has value?

2/4

3/4

4/4

A bit dusty inside

Likely made before the mid XIX. century, the winding stem was invented by Patek Philippe in 1842.

A shot of the movement shot would be nice.

Is this shit fake?

ebay.com/itm/Seiko-SNXK90J1-Day-Date-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Analog-Gold-Dial-Watch-/121540904046?hash=item1c4c67046e:g:8EoAAOSwyQtV3vBf

Will do. I dont have it right now, but ill shoot a photo tomorrow (I assume you talk about movement slot).

lol

Probably not but why would you ever consider paying that much for such a tacky watch, much less a shitty seiko 5?

I most likely will but it might be caused by when I had the watch go through the airport X-ray.
Or is that just a meme that it can affect the watch?

New to watches, got my first one (i'm the snk809 without a nato Guy).

Do you put a screen protector on it? Is it necessary?

>screen protector

English isnt my 1st language.

Anyway, i saw "screen protectors" for watches on amazon, hence the question.

>screen protector

>hence

nice
nice
nice

Got myself a 50s Omega Seamaster

bought this yday cause I saw it on /fa/ and i wanna rock autism core

Moon watch without a moon phase indicator will always look weird.

So when is Omega going to reinvent this into something better? The Buzz Aldrin Mars watch project seems pretty dead. After a spurt of interest mid-August there has not been any news from what I can find. Seems it will be just another Speedmaster with a new set of colours. And no hands for Phobos or Deimos.

Fiyta isn't too hot either.

buy some cheap dogshit, user

ebay.com/itm/Omega-seamaster-150m-men-watch-/131954868459?hash=item1eb91f80eb:g:HaoAAOSw4shX5wGN

>wanna rock autism core
There can only be one. Pic. related. Voted in as the most autistic watch in an earlier thread.

is there a pocket watch version of this?

>Moon watch without a moon phase indicator will always look weird
Why? None of the watches worn on the moon had a moonphase, and it's fucking useless when you're actually on the moon.

moon phase on speedmaster professional is shit.

Hope you didn't buy a fake, buddy.

>dont know anything

>buy fake of a 20 dollar watch

If only you knew.

Here's a shitty picture of my Sub underwater. Enjoy

Does anybody of you guys have a bronze watch?

Cool is that leather? Hope not

Are chronographs a meme?

I bought this. The minutes hand is almost half a tick behind and it's really difficult or impossible to see how many minutes passed.

Can I return it? I wore it briefly.

I liked the cut out hands cos you can see the chronograph, but if I won't use it then its pointless and the hands are hard to see.

I own one of these. Awesome.

No, chronographs are not a "meme." also you can almost certainly change the minute alignment with some crown/button combination, did you try reading the directions?

This is the Semenmaster that came in today for a bracelet repair.
>tfw It's just another watch.
Lume is bitchin' though compared to the tiny hands and dial dots of the Amphibia.

It's an Everest rubber strap

Quartz chronographs can be zeroed, it's in the manual retard.

I set it forward one click, but it was then just over half a minute past 0.

It's not 100% aligned

It's not a full minute out, it's a fraction, which makes it difficult to read.

"Oh it's slightly before 4 minutes, so 3 minutes something? Oh but the seconds hand says 15 seconds, so it's 4 minutes 15 seconds cos the minutes hand is slightly behind".

Don't worry about it, it's like the bigfoot and UFO footage. Sightings are so rare of an automatic dive watch actually used for diving that you take what little blurry pics you get.

are there any contemporary digital watches that aren't xbox big?
i feel like i should have atleast 1 digital watch in my collection but g-shocks are fucking massive.

Heard that they had some quality issues and had to pay a repair for some guys rolex lol

Nice Christopher Ward homage.

Funny thing is, i was debating on using the bezel to time the dive and thought, nah, the lead diver has a dive computer. At the end of the dive he came up to me and said his computer ran out of battery mid-dive and asked if i'd used my watch to time it...

I just bought pic related from eBay to be my daily work watch. I hope it's as good as it looks in the pics, I really like the 70s vibe it has.

Textured dial looks nice, but that bracelet is awful

I'm not precisely sure why I loathe Christopher Ward.
I just find a lot of their watches gaudy and fashion-watch like.

I think a lot of it has to do with the name and logo...might as well be Calvin Klein or Kenneth Cole.

I don't know why but I always feel the dial and hands are too close to the crystal, needs more depth

Post Lume!

It's just the super ngineer I bought for my Pulsar digital. I normally wear it on a navy blue nato like so.

Peronally, I think that's too much blue. White with a blue, off-center stripe might look nice...until it got dirty anyway.

there's a couple of smaller g-shocks, like the square DW ones, or gw.

Anyone know the best way to clean a Seiko 5 glass? Not sure if it's a limited number of times you can clean it or if I can polish every time I get a scratch

I ordered the CW bracelet that goes with it today, I'll probably switch to that when it arrives.

It will then look like pic related.

Something like that is really specific to your experience. Depends on how deep the scratches are and how many scratches you've gotten. See if you can get the crystal thickness from for your specific model from Seiko, directly, or somewhere on the internet. Then consider that lots of scratches are fractions of a millimeter deep.

Best of the three options, I think.

>four lines

What kinda autism you talkin?

Good, good.. let the hate flow through you

The lines of text on the bottom half of the dial. Is it a watch or a novel?

looks like a watch to me

No, THIS is a watch. The hands have space to breathe, and the whole thing doesn't feel... inflated, swollen even.

There's only one line difference, this still looks horrendous to me

Why?

What do you mean, why? There's 5 fucking lines of text on the dial and most of it is bullshit.

So the additional line of text on the no date Sub makes the watch look swollen while the GMT you posted with bulging cyclops looks clean and spacious.

>bullshit
You mean factual information

You just got memed

Sterile dials look empty. The three lines balance the crown on the other side, without encroaching on the hand stack. It's perfect...

... aside from the cyclops, yes, but that's a concession to function. Besides, it doesn't look as bad face on, that's an unnatural angle.

Such as?
>Rolex
Ok, the brand is fine.
>Oyster perpetual
Marketing speak.
>GMT Master II
Why do you need the name of the fucking thing?
>Superlative chronometer
Even more marketing bullshit.
>Officially certified
By whom? For what?

All you need is the logo, even shit like automatic is too much.

You're making me feel all fuzzy inside

You're reading the text and not the spacing... The last two, which are the least important, are signified as such by the smaller typesetting. The watch acknowledges the superlative nature of announcing how perfect it is; but it informs you anyway, in hushed tones.

you have a true gift user, you should become a politician

>Oyster perpetual
Rolex invented the "perpetual" self-winding mechanism, if any brand can put it on their dial, it's Rolex
>Superlative chronometer
Not strictly needed on the dial, but again it's their watch
>Officially certified
By COSC, who they send all their watches to be certified by.

Why would I do that when I could shitpost about watches?

Yes but none of those tell you anything practical as opposed to something like 100m WR. It's just a bunch of flowery sounding phrases that sound cool and take up space.

Does this fucker have assburgers or something?

>rich parents that gave him anything he wants
>hates them pushes them away
>friends try to tell him to stop talking about being a monger
>hates them pushes them away
>spend hours on the phone complaining to some poor guy working the phones for a mega corporation
>sue everyone he ever met

The fuck is wrong with him?

Is that Steve Jobs? This is a watch thread...

This is watch thread.

He's an authority in what is and what isn't SHIITTERZ. Basically:

Non-Shitters:
-Rolex
-Omega
-Seiko
-Jaeger LeCoulture

Shitters:
-everything else especially Steinshit

Yeah I was loathed to pay over 50% of what the watch cost to get the bracelet. Then I thought, fuck it I can afford it.

Then I forgot I'd ordered that & bought the blue Accutron II.

oh shit
i'm sorry

I'd rather wear a watch which doesn't bug the piss out of me, than have the crystal needlessly elevated away from the dial.

what does Cred Forums think? dutyfreeislandshop.com/citizen-cc9015-54e-cc9005-58e-eco-drive-attesa-satellite-wave-world-time-titanium-dlc-sapphire-japan-watch

I dunno if it's just me but Citizen screams pleb more than any other entry level watch

That's a sexy watch.

I absolutely love my Accutron. Did you just pick it up for 109? I was thinking of purchasing the blue also.

The whole thing is sarcasm, it is meant to be a character but I he started to become heavily influenced by his real life persona after loosing his job (I.t. Aren't permanant jobs anyway) and his shit wife and kids. He got hit fianically a bit so the begging is sarcasm but he could genuinely use the money

Any recommendations for dress watches similar to this for 300 dollars? I really like how the hands are extended to near the edge like a Nomos and it has a really nice sapphire glass dome too

The strap on my orient kicked the bucket

No.

Similar to that, huh?

Sup Cred Forums ???
Wristcheck.

Congrats! Do you have any others??

Nice pic m8
>saved

>come across a lot of used watches in my business
What do you do? Also, that sight is horrible.
>not saved

>even the name is misaligned
kek

Didn't bother setting the time.

Is nomos considered a meme watch here? I need to know if my taste is shit.

42mm?
this watch is so handsome

Aat least bother to clean the crystal m8.
Anyway, do you have any others or are you the one watch kinda guy?

I think that's a 45mm, but I could be wrong

Hi

I like the watch, not a big fan of the lack of arm hair

Kind of, not inherently bad, but lower end watches (dogshit) have reallly starting overusing the minimal design that nomos implements

>overlapping subdials

Cats are the superlative pet

>getting that abomination instead of the vintage perfection

Yep. It's the old 42 PO. I have small wrists. I like it but sometimes I wish I would have gotten a sub, speedy, or aqua terra instead. It's great for every day wear though.

I used to have an Orient Mako. My one other watch is a modded Seiko. Bought it as a beater, but I usually just wear the PO. Kind of a waste.

Sup Josef? What's the state of your collection m8?

I wanted the 1/10th of a second chronograph. Don't regreat it at all.

I like the look of it.

Still wearing my 1975 King Seiko Special 5256-8010. Probably going to wear my 1971 Seiko LM Special 5206-6020 tomorrow (it's the dark grey sunburst dialed one).

Real average at the moment, spend a fortune on a bucks party 2 months ago (Stag do? Not sure what other countries call them, a weekend away when your friend gets married)

Hours got cut at work so ive been dipping into my savings as well

Starting a new full time job in 2 weeks though. What do you think I should add to my collection when I get on top of things? Budget would be like $400

Here is a photo. Been thinking about ditching the sarb and getting some more interesting nip stuff

Got a strap coming for my lm special soon, can finally wear it, bracelet is too small for my man sized frame

Sounds like bachelors party in the US.

Rate my watch, I got it for $1

I rate it a 1

>Dipping into savings
>Already planning on more watches

user pls

Does it tell time?

This is important.

It needed a new battery but everything works fine

>going on a SE Asia sex tour
>bringing this because I want to know the time at home
>the band is really ugly
What leather/nato band do you guys think will look good on this thing?

>the band is really ugly
The whole watch is really ugly

Bought it for $30, what can I say. It does what its designed to do. I got fat and I lost the links so the metal band is hurting, I just want a band that looks okay on it. Nothing too expensive since I will probably need to put in a new battery as well.

>I got it for $1
Where?

spend $55 and get an snk807/9

A dude I know at work who is making like 150k + uses it as his daily, if it's good enough for him... well

A local flea market

sarb035?

I envy you, I only find shit on my local flea market.

>falling for the steinhart meme

Tisell

It's not a character. That's just what he tells himself when he falls to sleep

I've got heaps in the savings, I have zero expenses if I stop drinking (support me through my struggle). More of a celebration and token of my new employment

You can see in his videos where he has obviously realised that it was/could cause his employment problems and kept reiterating that Archie was a character, he gave up pretty quickly though because the damage was done and decided to live off the channel

Yeah, that is a sarb035

do want

fuck I gotta keep losing weight so my fuck huge wrists can go away

Keep at it mate, every fast food meal not eaten and every bit of excersise done is a step in the right direction

Overall it's a great watch, really good feeling coming from winding it and setting the time/date. Great bracelet for the price as well. It only has 2 micro adjustments though

I stopped drinking as much soda as I was

Full soda load was like 80lb of extra weight that could be lost in a year (290 start), I have been at it for like 1.5 months now and my body just feels tighter, I guess less flabby ... I haven't weighed myself because that's not relevant now.

You fell for it

Datewheel in action

I know you've already done it, but besides the weight reasons cut soda out, it is ridiculously easy to consume loads of processed sugar. That shit will hammer your pancreas and give you diabetes, the number one cause of amputations is diabetes related complications. This is coming from the biggest cola fan in the world, it's so many kilojoules for zero nutrition as well

But why add extra thickness to the watch needlessly?

Yeah $109 on eBay, it was actually cheaper than the ugly (no offence) green one.

I'm in Bongland so including shipping and goddamn customs fees it cost about £120 in total.

Similar to what? There's no picture dipshit.

How are you liking your snk809? I'm not sure if they make screen protectors for watches, but it's a cheap watch and watch crystals are replaceable.

I'd buy that for a high price.

Thoughts on my cheap watch? I put that NATO on it I think it looks pretty good . would look better if the red line was navy as well

well, I gess it's because it's the current year that it's not a useful thing to own.

Air Blue

Fuck i forgot my image
Thanks to the anons who pointed it out

My initial thought was to get the blue one (I still may) but I picked up the green cause the cost savings was huge at the time. The green has grown tremendously on me. So the $109 ones were refurbished, can I bug you for some info on the condition it came in? Was the band kinked? Was there any scratches on the crystal or the case at all?

And the fully sweeping seconds hand is absolutely memorizing lol.

Thanks for suggestions, not available in the EU though...

Nice fake m8, but I still noticed the slightly misaligned hourmarker for example.

>he doesn't want officially certified watches
dumb madotsukiposter

Not that I know. The face is well past being overloaded so I think a larger pocket watch version would indubitably be a better format.

>Why?
Because *Moon*-watch.

>None of the watches worn on the moon had a moonphase,
I. Know. That. In fact that was the very point of my post. Really.

>and it's fucking useless when you're actually on the moon.
Of course Earth phase would be handier but few watches do other than the Grand Autismos from UN.
And in any case, hardly ANY of those buying a Speedy Moon watch will ever walk on the Moon.

Please tell more. I was thinking of getting one but there is perhaps a snag here I should know?

I'll let you know when it arrives. It actually said it was new with tags on the listing.

They're called moonwatches because they were brought to the moon. I don't know why you think a moonphase should be connected to that when said watches did not have that complication.

And in fact a hypothetical "earthphase" is even more useless as the earth is either 100% visible or completely unable to be seen thanks to the moon being tide locked. The other issue is the shadow the moon casts on the earth is miniscule and in fact only rarely crosses the planet (in the form of a solar eclipse).

Requesting that webm of the Ulysse Nardin lewd watch.

Actually never mind the second point, I mixed up the new moon and a lunar eclipse. The point is still true that you can't really have an earth phase because if the moonphase measures one solar day on the moon an earth phase is just a regular 24 hour clock.

Like I said. Another 52xx meme today.

I like the leather a lot more than the mesh band. Though i'm planning to get a couple of NOS mesh bands.

On a side note, there is a 5256 KS on fleabay.

I like the leather on the grey sunburst dial, I want to get a slightly more casual looking black leather band for the 52KS, though I remain a complete sucker for the thick mesh I usually wear on it.

I like the mesh not just for looks but for versatility of matching outfits.

Just looked up that 5256 on fleabay. Way overpriced for the condition it's in, particularly as an 8000 rather than the more classically styles 8010 (that's the one I have).

Will I find a job as a used car salesman if I buy this?

No but srs what does /wt/ think about two tones?

sarb035 is way classier than the more popular 033, had both but sold both though since I loathed the low quality bracelet which didnt even fit the overall look.

been wanting a mechanical chronograph for a while.

i like the style of the Speedmaster Professional, but the cheap-feeling pushers and the non-hacking second annoy me. i like the ones with the crown guards though.

i saw a Grand Seiko SBGC013 yesterday. the movement is absolutely gorgeous. my problem with Seikos is the aesthetic, mainly. and for ~$10k that's Daytona territory.

wat do?

What are the 2 watches on the right and how hard are they to get?

>non-hacking second
>for an aerospace (and originally racing) chronograph
Christ, the mountain jews can get away with anything.

What is your guys favorite company for metal bracelets?

Heres a pic of the 035

to be fair to Omega, it's only the Professional with the manual movement that doesn't hack, and that's partly because it's old tech. the automatics hack.

A splendid example of an excessively busy face will reduce fast readability. Sometimes less is more and that is also true here. If they wanted more elan they should have used a slightly different colour for the hands.

One hour marker missing? No distinguishing marker for 12 o'clock? At least took care of that.

Those who don't know that 1000 ft is near enough 300 m should not be allowed to dive in anything other than a bathtub and even then only in the shallow end.

I have a similar one, a good watch. It just goes on and on. Nothing fancy, just reliable.

youtube.com/watch?v=xp3hkhK38Z0

When Archie was not mentally ill ;(

Absolutely disgusting. Even more tacky looking than all gold . it also screams that you're too cheap to get a real gold watch.

Instantly next video is about the same datejust and he is fucked out of his mind. This is known as the WiS syndrome.

Would you /wt/?

Also do a google image search for "rolex expoler vintage" if you wanna see some great watch porn.

Maybe the white gold then? Cant stand the flat bezel steel version tbqh

But dont really understand too cheap, its more like maybe too poor since it maybe 5 times the price? Really shouldnt sell of my sub for a tudor, especially when it used to be my grandpas... And I really hate having too many watches nowadays, since I'm trying to be one watch guy nowadays (or 2 hehe)

Honestly the new explorer is way classier and actually a very succesful update by Rolex to their line up unlike their daytona or sub updates...

the date window is probably at 6 o'clock, and 12 is at the left in the pic.

>Honestly the new explorer is way classier
Wow, you're really dumb. But why?
>tripfag
Oh, right. That's why.

do leather natos add a lot of thickness compared to normal nato straps?

What is the best automatic watch you could buy for under 150$, can be used watch because that gives you more bang for your buck. give me recommendations please!

More Explorer.

Vostok Amphibia.

Reeeeeeeeee

Been posting and browsing probably longer than most here, way more watches circulated, money spent. Think its just fair to have trip on so you can recognize a faggot a mile away just like NineGags

Oh yeah I forgot about those. I was looking at some vintage seikos on ebay. The LM style, would those be a good purchase or would I have to get them serviced ?

You should always factor the cost of a service into the purchase of any vintage mechanical unless the seller can present very good proof of it having been serviced recently.

Has anyone been watching clicksprings clock series, its the comfiest viewing desu

Please recommend some more comfy watch channels

Just stay away from vintage watches if you aren't willing to do enough research on your own to be able to spot a good deal from a rip-off, because you will definitely get scammed by some South Korean franken-redial with a totally rounded case.

Personally I prefer the 2 tone, the full gold is too gaudy.

How do I research?

How expensive would the service be? Does anyone service their own watches at home? I used to have a working 1960s omega seamaster, and i took it to a watch place and they said it would cost 400$. So I just sold it for 350 on ebay...

Best Japanese Watch
Seiko Astron GPS Solar Dual Time

Best Swiss Watch
Rolex Submarine

Protip: Sarb065 COCKtail is a meme watch. 2big4u case, very flat case design, shitty strap, poorly finished (dial imperfections that dont show up in photos), very noisy rotor.

Christ, you're dumb.

At $150 I should win this shit, what can I expect /wt/?

Seiko lm special 5206 and Seikomatic weekdater 6206. Pretty hard, but there is a 5206 like mine for sale on the bay.

Just sold one of my 5206's slightly different on ebay as well.

An ugly watch.

Nice link m8, what if I outbid you?

I was just looking at this on amazon and it seems very expensive, although it is very well reviewed.

Well it is an fairly new eta but ugly, probably will gor for over 200$ though

youtube.com/watch?v=XvLhJamAjAs

Go ahead, maybe that's what I was hoping after I made a bid that I automatically regretted.

I finally got my hands on it.

Niiice, its yours or what?

I saw a PP Calatrava in a jeweller's window today. It's perfection, why must I be too poor to afford one!

He is an interesting talker, but it doesn't take away from Hublots mistakes.
>lets design a watch thats similiar to teh AP but take away some stuff so they cant call it similiar but still its similar
>saves all the best watches for himself so customers wont get the real 1st one while at BP
bit of cheeky cunt desu

Singer is much more respectable as a collector what I have come to understand.

The SD4K is without a doubt the best watch in the current Rolex catalog.

Someone make a new thread.

I'm in love with it, cant stop watching it.

New thread