What's the best Linux distro for starters who are sick of Windows 10? Pic unrelated

What's the best Linux distro for starters who are sick of Windows 10? Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/search.php?category=Beginners
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ubuntu probably idk

Antergos.

muh rolling release

What about mint though? Or Fedora?

Why are Jews always fucking ugly tho?

Linux Lite. Trust me.

Just close the tab and download and install it. Don't fall for the Cred Forums memes. This is my first an last post ITT

Ubuntu will scare them the least and generate the lowest number of "how do I" calls

Fedora

Ubuntu has a lot of packages in its repo, so you can probably find programs to fill your needs, but Unity is kind of bloated. Also, there is a big community.

OpenSuse is pretty good, it is stable and has a rolling release.

I use Manjaro, almost everything in the arch wiki applies to it since it is just Arch held back. Will prepare you for real arch if you tinker with it.

I have had bad experiences with fedora, I wouldn't recommend it.

Mint has a pretty big community behind it, a lot of packages, and stability. If you don't want to support Ubuntu, use mint.

bad genes from a small population that strictly enforced inbreeding

Don't install Ubuntu, it's terrible, the packages are outdated, and don't use mint either since it's just ubuntu with some added packages.

Use Fedora or openSUSE after deciding if you want gnome (fedora) or KDE (openSUSE)

I'm running Arch with Cinnamon as my first linux distro.

It's not bad, bit of a learning curve but if you can google things and are okay learning how to do things without a GUI, arch is fine.

>fedora

ZorinOS

is crunchbang still a thing?

It is not being developed anymore, but there are forks

Mint.

Ubuntu. Because if you can't install it then you have brain damage.

Zorin, mint, Ubuntu MATE.

Large nations.
Still ugly.

>What's the best Linux distro for starters who are sick of Windows 10? Pic unrelated
Linux Mint is what converted me to Linux. Don't go for Jewbuntu... it's fucking garbage. Looks like african shit.

Solus or Ubuntu

distrowatch.com/search.php?category=Beginners

I also hear good things about Deepin and Solus.

Mint

I use mint. It's nice.

Xfce

Would say ChaletOS or ZorinOS

Their GUI are made to mimic Windows, but on a Ubuntu

don't use mint. depending on what you want and how computer illiterate you are, you should go with zorin os (looks like windows without having to set anything up and just werks) or debian if you have some idea of how to navigate the ui and can at least install and open a browser to google things you don't know how to do.

Linux is for cucks, stick with windows.

Possibly PClinuxOS. Bonus: no systemd.

Noobuntu is so bloated

Used mint as my first linux distro. After that tried our fedora, and desu, fedora runs much better and had far less tweaks to do to set it up right. Been using it since.

This doesn't make sense, Linux is free, therefore not cuckware.

Windows is actually cuckware.

Much rupees deposited!

Kubuntu, KDE is the most similar to Windows 10's interface

ReactOS. It's designed to be like windows; or ubuntu/fedora desktop

Best post ITT

Xubuntu.
Has the software compatibility of Ubuntu but not the shitty interface

Kubuntu, Linux Mint, Xubuntu, or Ubuntu MATE.

I'm partial to MATE because I prefer a more minimal DE myself.

>ReactOS.

is not a Linux distro you mongoloid.

It's not even remotely close to being a replacement for Windows. Might as well use Windows xp.

Debian Deepin build

Mint's desktop environment, Cinnamon, is probably closest to Windows. It's a good transition distro.

mint fedora ubunghole has a secure boot signing key.
Install cinnamon mint.

yes

The fact that Cred Forums can agree on the best beginner distro shows how fucked up the Linux ecosystem is.

Hint. They all can't be equally good. One is going to be objectively better than the rest.

Ever heard of personal preference?

Doesn't matter in this case. OP wants the objective best, not your autistic preference.

>for starters who are sick of Windows 10

Pfft there is nothing to be sick of you are just buying into the group think.

>objective best
Fuck off

>objectively best distro for beginners
Since this is entirely subjective, actually, the only way to decide what's "objectively" best is to accept what majority said.

Mint 9
Ubuntu 5 / MATE 1 / KDE 1 / Xfce 1 / either of them 1
ZorinOS 4
OpenSUSE 2
Fedora 2
Debian 2
Antegros 1
Linux lite 1
Manjaro 1
Arch 1
Solus 1
ChaletOS 1
PCLinuxOS 1
ReactOS :^) 1

Debian/Ubuntu based distros are obviously recommended and it's left to the user to decide what desktop environment they want. So Mint, *buntu or ZorinOS. Either way it doesn't matter since Mint and ZorinOS are based on Ubuntu and just have a different interface and installed software.