Why is our internet so shit

whirlpool.net.au/news/go.cfm?article=94982

>Order 50/20
>barely get 25/5
>ISP blames the NBN
>NBN take no responsibility and have no watchdog or oversight from the govt
Fuck this gay country

Other urls found in this thread:

accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-proposes-to-approve-revised-nbn-arrangements-with-optus
independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/abbott-and-hockeys-debt-and-deficit-disaster,6943
youtube.com/watch?v=cdQRAJWzOKo
blog.cloudflare.com/the-relative-cost-of-bandwidth-around-the-world/
lifehacker.com.au/2016/08/australia-and-new-zealands-bandwidth-costs-are-ridiculously-high/
orcon.net.nz/
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6202.0
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Latestproducts/6265.0Main Features3September 2013?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=6265.0&issue=September 2013&num=&view=
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6354.0
stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=51396
accc.gov.au/system/files/Telstra submission in response to Optus submission - Public version - June 2008.pdf
reddit.com/r/australia/comments/1stklc/australians_should_never_forgive_nor_forget_that/
baka.com.au/national/turnbull-hammered-by-voters-20090628-d1at.html
zdnet.com/article/australia-cannot-afford-more-politicking-with-nbn-turnbull/
chorus.co.nz/chorus-launches-gigabit-wholesale-broadband-services-nationwide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idk man 4g is pretty good here

im on NBN Fixed wireless its so shit i cant even get over 30mbit

BECAUSE YOU ELECTED THE CORRUPT INCOMPETENT FUCKTWATS WHO WANTED TO DESTROY THE NBN AND THEN AFTER THE NBN WAS SABOTAGED AND DESTROYED YOU TURN AROUND AND REELECT THEM TO FINISH THE JOB

YOU WERE WARNED

YOU WERE FUCKING WARNED AUSTRALIA

I voted for the greens and labor for years and they stood by and did nothing

Fucking greedy NBNco

I get 4mbps on a 25 nbn plan every night ever since they introduced unlimited plans. Had been fine for 5 years before that (besides the 200gb cap).

shit fucking sucks, you can't win.

are you barely getting 25/5 by connection speed or throughput?

both parties are responsible. no side is clean here.

>I get 4mbps on a 25 nbn plan every night ever since they introduced unlimited plans
Wow, and here I was about to sign-up for a 100/25 unlimited plan. Maybe I'll stick with my current 12MBps ADSL2......

Kinda hard to do anything when the stupid Aus public falls for the ruse and gives the LNP so many seats in the lower house in 2013. Especially for the Greens with the two party duopoly we've got going.

Compare the pair:
Greens ~10% vote, 1 seat
Nationals ~4% vote, 7+ seats

Fortunately for me I live in one of the spots that managed to get proper fibre before NBNco got hijacked by Telstra execs and turned into Fraudband(tm).

>Labor enacts sensible publicly funded FTTP infrastructure project
>LNP gets in, puts Telstra execs in charge, purchases useless copper from Telstra and otherwise does everything possible to fuck it all up
Yeah, totally both sides at fault. Labor has problems, but this isn't one of them.

It's with iinet if that makes a difference. They've seem to go down the shitter since acquired by TPG.

The proper fibre areas can manage 70+Mbps even if everyone is maxing their connections out. So either you're on copper bullshit (if you're a patriot you should locate the node and destroy the fucking thing) or your ISP is screwing you over with really really shitty contention ratios.

Both.

Its just fucking aweful the conguestion seems to be on the actual Tower/network and not the ISP's side since i had 2 completely different isps that got the same horrid speeds

they have to gouge the ISPS now because i am sure the ROI on the NBN has completely gone to shit. Mr. Broadbands dumb shit plan to MTM this mess has resulted in purchasing assets which were then scrapped because they couldnt implement.
Yes you heard me ausfags. they bought the Optus HFC network and fucking scrapped it.

I was considering either Exetel or TPG.

Now they are doing FTTdp

how is anyone but the fucking IPS at fault for people getting less than what they are paying for

if they can't deliver the connection, they shouldn't fucking sell it

sure NBN is obviously being huge fucking jews and should be raped to death ASAP, but ISPs are being deceptive fucks

>they've seem to go down the shitter since acquired by TPG
Yeah, that was a sad day for Australian internet users everywhere. The one ISP that stood up for privacy rights, and they get acquired by shitty-customer-service-r-us.

until the next meme comes along no doubt.
They were all gung ho on the G.Fast shit until [spoiler]like big surprise[/spoiler] G.Fast turned out to be more bullshit than anything

Which means even in the best case scenario we will have the same sort of upgrade later on that South Korea needed.

>>Labor enacts sensible publicly funded FTTP infrastructure project

with a questionable rollout policy, a pricing model that forces a dramatic increase of customer spend on internet, high pricing models to ISPs, poor POI requirements and an outlook resulting in the dramatic concentration of ISPs from many smaller players to a big four.

I recently read TPG CVC charge is $4 while the NBNs is still $14

i have no problem with them using copper IF THEY FIX IT FIRST

Just retrofitting FTTN onto shit lines wont do anything.

Plus the lack of overbuild is bullshit

I am stuck on fixed wireless and 5km/ away they are getting FTTN/FTTdp or whatever

>ROI on NBN has completely gone to shit
What did they expect when they allowed infrastructure competition and more or less force NBNco to only get the unprofitable areas? Fucking privatisation cancer I tell you.

Spot on.
The NBN rollout at the start was all over the place, they were rolling out NBN in places where there was already HFC,etc...
If there was no speed limits on the original NBN and had a 100mbps standard package, this would have never ever happened.

>they bought the Optus HFC network and fucking scrapped it.

labor brought the network. the liberals wanted to use the network to save costs but they ignored labor telling them that the network is shit.

m8 I got FTTH, there is 0 copper in my suburb, I said it had been fine for the past 5 or so years.

i just got off the phone after a heated converstation with my smaller isp who seems to be a iprimus reseller

he said the same thing but at what point is anyone going to take responsability with how shit the network is.

TIO and the isps say the amount of NBN fuckups are through the roof

>implying that voting for communism is worth it for fast Internet

fuck off. Mr. Broadband bought it when he was comms. minister btw.
no there was a new deal struck in 2015
accc.gov.au/media-release/accc-proposes-to-approve-revised-nbn-arrangements-with-optus

and then they fucking scrapped it. for $800 MILLION. this is a fucking outrage.

Fuck you backwards cunts

>duhhh fast internet isnt worth it.

Thats why we have no jobs our internet is too shit to support any digital era commerce

>questionable rollout policy
Only thing questionable about it was it assumed Telstra would be reasonable. That obviously stupid assumption caused most of the delays.
>high pricing models to ISPs
About equivalent to the copper pricing at the time.
>an outlook resulting in dramatic concentration of ISPs
That's generally what happens in the endgame of competition. Consolidation.

Before you complain about [country you are living in], consider this:

-If a country has people trying to get in (immigrants, tourists, people looking for work), it is doing well
-If a country has people trying to get out (Best Korea, Syria, Somalia), it is doing badly.

Australia is one of the best places on earth to live. As long as you are ok with eating yeast, walking upside down, and having horrendous internet, you can be very happy.

YOUR OCCASIONAL REMINDER THAT ALLEGEDLY THE NBN IS GOING TO RETURN A PROFIT SO THE ENTIRE NBN SPEND IS OFF BUDGET.

Malcolm Turnbull

>Thats why we have no jobs
Yep. Sadly tradies across the nation can't work because they don't have high speed broadband.

The IT industry in Australia is insignificant, and accounts for virtually nothing of the country's GDP. IT will never be huge here because of high salaries/wages and high cost of living.

So your ISP is screwing you over. At least you know who to blame now.

>he thinks HFC was a viable long term substitute for fibre

>labor
>communism
m8 they haven't been anything even remotely close since the 70s/80s or so. But nooooo, muh red scare so you want to elect objectively incompetent and corrupt fucks, is that how you want your country run, is it?

Keep voting for labour and we won't have any jobs because all the "refugees" will be culturally enriching you

Your occasional rejoinder that that no longer applies since the Liberals converted it to Fraudband.

well its debatable with DOCSIS 3.1 etc.. but thats not the point. there are people who in the bush who get little to nothing. there are people in the outer suburbs who get shit internet. Its bad enough in both of the places as all the jobs are in the city/inner city places.
Putting the NBN in these places first would have improved the access there people have to digital commerce etc... and they wouldn't have to commute and shit.

I perfer no liberals to sit there and do nothing than the labour party increasing spending, increase debt and bring hordes of angry, violent men in.

>Thats why we have no jobs our internet is too shit to support any digital era commerce

this is literal and utter baseless bullshit.

>you can be very happy.
On the contrary ive been miserable for years

>No work
>looking for work for over a decade
>???

Lol its only going to get worse the more shitskins and mudslime trash enter the country
>hurr i know everything and can see into the future

and vote for LNP who let just as many in via visas and now parents of rapefugees can get visas too?

Fuck off whoever we vote for we're fucked
Yeah lets just not create any jobs and she'll be right

>Liberal party gets in and literally doubles the deficit
>herp derp the spending is all Labor's fault guys!
Fuck off you illiterate cunt.

look at romania. they have hordes of 'webdevs' who work remotely from home as contractors etc. When the NBN was first being sold to the people this was one of the things it was meant to address.

Reading this thread on a fiber connection that costs 26 €/month.

with the increasing casualization of the workplace we need this kind of infrastructure.

>About equivalent to the copper pricing at the time.

when i get NBN installed i'll be paying more for the service than i ever was under both adsl and cable.

its going to be even higher no doubt when they scrap all those FTTN nodes because people start rioting during the co-habitation period.

and what are their wage rates in comparison with hiring australians?

Because it's all fucked up to hell now, yes. Circa 2012 or so the wholesale costs to ISPs from NBNco were about $1 more than the equivalent on copper, and the plan prices were cheap as dirt.

The yearly deficit hasn't increased, they're just showing to real numbers. (Which labour hid)

i dont fucking know. They would have to be cheaper though. no GST component, no costs related to keeping an employee. no worksafe, super, payg, withholding, state payroll taxes, etc...

why would you not use real numbers? Nominal numbers only work for that current year

Liberal is increasing refugee intake as well dumbfuck(s). It looks like a lot less than Labor until you realise that Liberal's plan is over 1 term whereas Labor's is over 2, so you basically end up with the same amount.

also you have a free market to pick from. competition will drive down the prices.
Anyways a webdev kind of job requires the same set of skills no matter where you are. they don't need to have a great understanding of anything. just send them the relevant documents and tell them to make it to spec.

independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/abbott-and-hockeys-debt-and-deficit-disaster,6943
You. Illiterate. Fucking. Cunt. Kill yourself so you don't pollute the gene pool further.

tfw we are in debt after a fucking resources boom.

>didn't kick out the Jew bank overlords
>Government owns money and therefore could print its own money to fund infrastructure development and instead of getting god goy loans from the bank.( causes inflation but we have that anyway
>didn't fully fund and therefore own the profit of the resources boom .
>didn't even tax company's like Chevron that make BILLIONS PER YEAR IN PROFIT more then $300 a year.
>government now declares that we are in a massive deficit (that's one of the smallest in the world) from browowing non existent money from jews. (they can lend out 10:1 ratio of what they actually have)
>takes it out on the lower class by cutting funding to infrastructure, welfare ect even brings out work for the dole aka slave labor for 4$ an hour.

We could of of been like Norway but Australia is a third world country tier lads.

gg well played

I get that liberals are increasing but labour would increases it a lot more, thinking other wise is ridiculous

> they wouldn't have to commute and shit
Do you live in some fantasy land? Do you not realise the vast majority of businesses require people to work on site? I'm not surprised you seem to think this, afterall, you're a NEET robot who doesn't understand how the society works.

have you seen the cash rate? We cant afford inflation right now...

not for all jobs you dummy. read you could (as a webdev) have the same kind of opportunity like a sparkie, etc... you are your own boss, you can work multiple jobs, you can work from home if you want.

Fucking this.

Thinking refugee numbers are dominated by pull factors is ridiculous. You want to reduce the numbers? The only proven way is to reduce the fighting in the middle east. Unfortunately it's usually the US that's in charge of that particular fuckup.

This.
Costs would've been absolutely stupid under Labor, but you would've gotten it.

t. Former NBN employee

>NBN employee
my heart goes out to these folks

>costs would've been absolutely stupid
Stupidly low perhaps. The Liberals had to doctor the inquiry they launched after they got into government, and even then the total amount was acceptable.

>>>Thats why we have no jobs our internet is too shit to support any digital era commerce
>Yeah lets just not create any jobs and she'll be right

i'm busy buying books from amazon for the kindle app and music from junodownload or beatport. i can stream from netflix. that still seems to work.

you want to create jobs? remove the minimum wage, drop company tax, increase the GST.

fast internet isn't the be-all and end-all for creating jobs.

IT businesses tend to prefer having all employees on site because communication, teamwork, camaraderie, visibility etc. is more important.

Sadly there is no way that we can reduce fighting in the middle east here

>remove the minimum wage
Only viable if you institute a universal minimum income at the same time. Also not even remotely relevant for the IT sector.

sure but most of these pricks just farm that shit out to freelancer.com
Why you ask because there is no good local alternative

Im not talking about right now, im talking about doing this 20 years ago..

m8 there were a shit load of issue with the roll out.
But compared to this shit, it would've probably been cheap.

if you remove the minimum wage you can kiss goodbye our egalitarian society

Yep. Howard was incompetent. That shouldn't be a surprise, yet apparently to a lot of people it is.

>you want to create jobs? remove the minimum wage, drop company tax, increase the GST.
>mfw a trickledown fag posts near me
yeah nah fuck off you corporate cuck

As a sparky, I can tell you right now that 99% of my work is not done at home.

High speed broadband is good and all, but in terms of work, it only benefits a tiny percentage of the working population. The cost of doing business in Australia is ridiculous, so even if we had 1Gbps FTTH, we still wouldn't attract big IT companies here, see

they farm it out to fucking freelancer.com because the hourly rate being asked for on freelancer is dramatically lower than the minimum wage here.

>compared to this shit, it would've probably been cheap
Now that's a near certainty. Even if they somehow manage to get things in order to roll out the useless copper node crap it'll likely cost about the same as what fibre would have cost, and THEN we have to go rip it all up and put fibre in nearly immediately afterwards ANYWAY because of how steep the bandwidth demand curve is.

For some reason nothing makes me more mad than the NBN ads they show on TV.

It fucking infuriates me how they dress it up as this wondrous system that will change our lives when in reality it's an overdue and overbudget FTTN clusterfuck that is going to be slower than internet other countries had 10 years ago.

Just shut the fuck up and install it already. They know it's shit, we know it's shit, just put it in the fucking ground and get it over with.

youtube.com/watch?v=cdQRAJWzOKo

thats because youre a sparky if you were a webdev you could easily work from home and be much more productive with NBN 100 down 40 up

yeah the cost of doing business is quite high and addressing that is going to be even more difficult but this will atleast allow the resources we do have in the country to be efficiently used and not tied to the one job.

Their only other option is going all big league with a 'creative' firm who will milk them for everything. there is no room for the little guy. As it stands now, we cant compete with freelancer and we cant deliver the service a big firm can.
Plus the freelancer shit i have to think is never up to the expectations of people. There is a lot of be said about localization and understanding your client, culture, etc...

Our workforce is declining if anything

Millions of youngcunts like me 15-26 are looking for work but cant find any

Hell ive been looking for 10 years still cant find shit.

>Hurrr uhhh lower taxes even more
>Internet isnt important

I need the boomers to get the fuck off this thread and kill themselves

We should have had symmetrical 1gbps like every other decent country but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if we had put fttn in 15 years ago it would have been to late

now they are talking about fttdp and the next meme after that

fucking joke of a country

what would you do with 1gbps?

...not tied to one job or forced to work only in the one state, city you reside in.

>just put it in the fucking ground and get it over with
Would be more productive for them (the LNP) to do nothing and/or get hauled up before a court for the incredibly obvious corruption and sabotage they've been pulling.

>if you were a webdev
I look forward to the day when everyone in Australia becomes a webdev and works from home.

>Also not even remotely relevant for the IT sector.

actually it is relevant. let's look at the businesses mentioned here. telstra, optus and nbn. all outsource. they all outsource to companies who try and run as many staff offshore as possible because it's cheaper. they all whine about the quality they get in return, but none are so willing to insist, and pay for, local resources.

What does anyone else do?

Stream 4k

Backup to the cloud

???

Steam 1tb movies and tv

100mbit isnt enough these days

Soon those other countries will rollout 10gbps+ and we'll be stuck here on not even 25mbit well into 202x

File sizes for games movies and tv are forever increasing

geee uhhh what the fuck else would i use it for

god are you thick? webdev is merely an example
if you were a sparky its the same but you cant work from home
if you were a makeup artist its the same but you cant work from home

We need to decouple workforce participation from economic output. As long as the GDP keeps going up, the unemployment rate shouldn't be relevant. That requires universal minimum income instead of demonising the poor though, so it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

>what would you do with 1gbps?
I'd have a fucking job, idiot.

What is the point of fast speeds in Australia? We have no websites or servers hosted here. Most "Oceania" or "Australia" servers are in Singapore, Japan or the Philippines. Speed and ping to overseas is extremely slow for example I have 100/100 NBN connection, I have gone through 5 ISP's and currently have three NBN connections and all of them have the same results: Speedtests to Australian sites results in fast speed. Any real world tests to overseas results in extremely slow speeds in most cases never exceeding 5Mbps. We're paying for something that has no real world effect.

you could be a sysadmin
you could be part of a remote team
you could do tonnes of shit

>actually it is relevant. let's look at the businesses mentioned here. telstra, optus and nbn. all outsource. they all outsource to companies who try and run as many staff offshore as possible because it's cheaper. they all whine about the quality they get in return, but none are so willing to insist, and pay for, local resources.
Watch the chucklefucks in the thread ignore this completely

>That requires universal minimum income instead of demonising the poor though, so it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
Lol tell me about it.

shits going full mad max where i am there is no work no new jobs being created and all the poor fucks coming back from getting laid off the mines, public infastructure and tradies even cant get work

t. nsw

>Writes a blog
>Says nothing about finding work
You don't deserve the internet you dole bludging scum.

buying transit in australia is incredibly expensive. completely snuffed out the local LEB, hosting markets....
blog.cloudflare.com/the-relative-cost-of-bandwidth-around-the-world/
so is power.

i've worked at places where they contracted in the creatives for the look and feel, and separately contracted in the webdevs for the implementation. no issues there.

they were also real keen on having you on site. working from home is as invisible as working offshore.

>tfw I live in the heart of one of our major cities and it still takes me 20 (twenty) fucking hours to download a 50gb
And this download absolutely chokes the network I can't do anything else on it, if I was to throttle it even slightly it would be another 10 hours

Fucking ridiculous

maybe its a change that will over time if the right incentives are available for businesses to try it out

>most "australia" servers are in Singapore, Japan or the Philipines
Maybe it wouldn't be like that if we fixed the bandwidth cost problem. Which is mostly caused by Telstra, of course.
lifehacker.com.au/2016/08/australia-and-new-zealands-bandwidth-costs-are-ridiculously-high/

>you could do something that less than 1% of the workforce does
There's a good reason why those jobs account for less than 1% of the workforce.

You're a fucking idiot then and your ISP is screwing you.

i get full speeds overseas

Have you tried to get work lately wagecuck?

Its fucking IMPOSSIBLE

>go to x meme interview
>thousands of people already applied/interviewed for a handful of jobs barely 1-5 sometimes
>always get rejected because there is someone better

Lol i have a Diploma in IT and it didnt do shit

i tried volenteering and that didnt do shit

I tried work experiance and guess what

didnt do shit

So all i can do is sit at home and this fucking stupid country cant even get the basics right like internet and usable speeds you're damn right i am angry.

FFS we had 25/1 back in 200x with fucking ADSL2+

Blame our fucktarded govt and lack of oversight for that.

They let helstra, nbnco and everyone else run around with 0 reprecussions

>lifehacker
pls go

as technology improves more jobs will join the list. are you now going to argue about the growth of technology?

>Cunts here are going to defend this
fuck off dullards
>Australia is the most expensive region in which we operate, but for an interesting reason. We peer with virtually every ISP in the region except one: Telstra. Telstra, which controls approximately 50% of the market, and was traditionally the monopoly telecom provider, charges some of the highest transit pricing in the world — 20x the benchmark ($200/Mbps). Given that we are able to peer approximately half of our traffic, the effective bandwidth benchmark price is $100/Mbps.
To give you some sense of how out-of-whack Australia is, at CloudFlare we pay about as much every month for bandwidth to serve all of Europe as we do to for Australia. That’s in spite of the fact that approximately 33x the number of people live in Europe (750 million) versus Australia (22 million).
If Australians wonder why Internet and many other services are more expensive in their country than anywhere else in the world they need only look to Telstra. What's interesting is that Telstra maintains their high pricing even if only delivering traffic inside the country. Given that Australia is one large land mass with relatively concentrated population centers, it's difficult to justify the pricing based on anything other than Telstra's market power. In regions like North America where there is increasing consolidation of networks, Australia's experience with Telstra provides a cautionary tale.
Conclusion

No, you do not get full speeds to overseas. Don't be fooled by "speedtest" websites that alter it to favourable results.

>pls go
Literally did a quick search to drag up an article about the issue. There were others saying exactly the same thing if you hate lifehacker so much.

Protip: Finding work is all about knowing a guy who knows a guy. Otherwise you're royally fucked.

Last time I checked I got about 20Mbps to some random server in Canada, which isn't bad.

>Protip: Finding work is all about knowing a guy who knows a guy. Otherwise you're royally fucked.
no shit i have no friends

Fucking nepotism hellhole
Lol i get 25mbit to jewtube so you can fuck right off

I love it Australia fucks up their internet infrastructure beyond description. How is that even possible?

One word

TELSTRA

retard govt in the mid 90s decided to sell their half to private sector and low and behold 20 years later we have the worst internet in the developed world

the other thing is that NBN don't support uncontended internet, i.e. business plans, yet.

everyone looks at their 100/40 or whatever and thinks they should be getting 100 down all the time, while failing to realise that their ISP typically works off a 20/1 contention ratio for providing data.

yeah dont DSLAMS only get like a 100mbs fibre connection

>the other thing is that NBN don't support uncontended internet, i.e. business plans, yet.
lol its been out for 8 years what the fuck are they doing?

>Have you tried to get work lately wagecuck?
Yes. I applied for a job with Mantra hotels and got the job a week later. I was there for a month and received another job offer with Coles, with better pay and better conditions.

Finding work is easy if you're not a lazy autistic robot. So stop making excuses, you scrub.

NOT A SINGLE FTTN NODE DEPLOYED YET

>applied for coles three times.
not a word.

You don't have a job and you blame others for it? That's pretty lame. It's no wonder you fail in the interviews, your personality would shine through and they'd realise you're the last person they would ever want to hire.

>durrr i can get work so everyone can

So the numerous articles on 2million+ unemployed and underemployed dont interest you?

Have fun with your casual shit hours fuckcunt
LERL

I've actually seen a FTTN node around. If I didn't live hundreds of km away I would've come back at night and vandalised it.

kek, I've applied for mcdonalds and been told that 24/7 availability isn't available enough. Top that.

>your personality would shine through and they'd realise you're the last person they would ever want to hire.
How is that my problem?

What fucking shit excuse is that not to hire someone.

Its not my fault there are millions of unemployed and underemployed people applying for the same jobs and the businesses can be so picky.

Workers rights and employment are absolutely fucked in this country.

i literally live down the road from coles. It was a new store that was about to open. still nothing.

>kek, I've applied for mcdonalds and been told that 24/7 availability isn't available enough. Top that.
Lol i never even got a interview there because i was too old when i started applying 6 years ago and now i am 25

Same thing happened to me

Then you need to take a step back and look at what you're doing wrong. You seem to keep failing at everything you do, but you don't take responsibility for it. Stop being a man-child and blaming others. Change your approach. And having no friends is not an excuse, either. I have zero friends, and my only real social interaction is with my dad before and after work.

Have you ever considered we're not doing anything wrong and that there isnt enough work?

We're a small as fuck country thats going backwards i dont know why people think we're a first world country.

Our internet is now 60th in the world making us the slowest least developed tech country in the world

Not to meantion our crazy high levels of corruption and corporate crime, unchecked immigration, selling of all assets and land to china

oh yeah this anonyous frogposter has some very specific advice for me. better perk my ears.

>millions of unemployed and underemployed
>literally 12+ for every job vacancy
>"lolol you need to take a step back and look at what you're doing wrong"

yeah last i checked last yeah there was like 2million+ underemployed are barely 1mil jobs

mfw I just signed up for gigabit fibre, with a free xbone s. NZ Here :>)

I recall hearing that they have, and it ended badly. A node got overloaded and no one could get an internet connection. Which is why they moved onto the driveway.

>So the numerous articles on 2million+ unemployed and underemployed dont interest you?
Not really. Finding work is easy. It's just everybody seems to think they should be on $100k/yr as an entry level job. People these days don't want to work hard or get dirty. When employers are asked what's the worst thing a new employee can have, they always say poor work ethic, and not a team player.

>Have fun with your casual shit hours fuckcunt
I'm fulltime, mate, 38 hours/week.

>free sexbox
explain

orcon.net.nz/

>How is that my problem?
Wow. You just don't seem to get it, do you?

You'd probably be better off going on permanent disability pension, because you are clearly lacking a brain.

>Workers rights and employment are absolutely fucked in this country.
Again, you're blaming others for your own incompetence. You're not going to make it, kid.

I had the same experience applying to Red Rooster. I was told I was too old(20) 6 years ago, and they were only after high school students. Not even graduating ones. The ones that would still be in school for a few more years.

man i can't wait for universal basic income so scabs like you get whats coming to them

Here we go. Have some numbers. (There's probably more recent numbers for underemployed but IDGAF, and they're probably worse anyway.)
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6202.0
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Latestproducts/6265.0Main Features3September 2013?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=6265.0&issue=September 2013&num=&view=
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6354.0
Approx 1,600,000 unemployed and underemployed, approx 175,000 jobs going around.

>Have you ever considered we're not doing anything wrong
But you are, you just don't seem to realise it, yet.

>>literally 12+ for every job vacancy
I had a group interview and there were 12 of us there. 6 of us were hired. You know who wasn't hired? The weird autist's who have no concept of social interaction. One of them was even spouting memes during the interview.

>LOL FINDING WORK IS EASY KIDS I DID IT JUUUUUUUST FINE
>IGNORE ALL THE NUMBERS ABOUT NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH JOBS GOING AROUND, IF YOU CAN'T GET ONE IT'S YOUR OWWWWWWN FAULT
Kill yourself.

Lol your'e still on that >durr ur not trying hard enough rhetoric
Are you a boomer or just a bluepilled retarded gen x/y?
>basically we're fucked
yerp

We'll be dead before that happens.

Until then, you'll continue being a NEET scrub who blames others, while I slowly work my way up corporate chain. And maybe with a bit of luck, one day I might even hire you just so I can fire you for being an autist.

>12 of us there, 6 of us were hired
Conveniently ignoring the likely hundreds who didn't even get the interview, I see.

>approx 175,000 jobs going around
That statistic doesn't take into account the number of jobs that are available, but aren't advertised. So the figure will be much higher.

>mfw a corporate cocksucker cuck posts near me

You're going to be one of the first type of cunts i kill when shit goes mad max faggot

one must have at least some self reflection about a failed interview. did i not have the right experience? did i not have enough experience? did i answer questions incorrectly? did i answer some questions poorly? was i too well presented? was i poorly presented? was my attitude correct on the day?

shit. last interview i went to i was able to tell the recruiter what the likely outcome was, and why, and was unfortunately correct. (didn't have the required experience)

i pay for 100mbs on cable here, adsl+ speeds are 1-3mbs

Nah, I asked my manager how many people applied, and he said 12. The same 12 at the interview. Then he started complaining about all the "weirdos" that he's had to interview over the years.

Most interviews don't give constructive feedback. And all HR departments are batshit insane in that they allegedly want a person with one set of skills and then turn around and filter their potential hires by a completely different set of skills. Unless it's a marketing job, anyway.

OR COULD IT BE BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF JOBS COMPARED TO THE PEOPLE LOOKING FOR SAID JOBS IS OVER 1000 APPLICANTS PER 100 JOBS!

FUCK UP FAGGOT

Lol this i only get the generic

>We've found someone more suitable
and never say what i needed to get the job i even rang some of them back and got the same generic answer

>one must have at least some self reflection about a failed interview. did i not have the right experience? did i not have enough experience? did i answer questions incorrectly? did i answer some questions poorly? was i too well presented? was i poorly presented? was my attitude correct on the day?
This is 100% correct, but it doesn't work for people with a victim mentaility. They'll continue making the same mistakes, think they're perfect, and everyone else is to blame.

If I was in charge of hiring, I'd boot your asses straight out the door for being unable to do basic math.

>t. first year psych student
awww how cute Cred Forums he thinks he knows us

>If I was in charge of hiring
Lol you're a long way from that, you can't even get a job.

>Most interviews don't give constructive feedback.
They would if you ask.

They dont

HR departments refuse. or write a long generic email

Yeah right faggot, I bet they'll also give you a job if you just ask too.

Ive literally badged the fuck out of places in person and email/phone and nothing works

If anyone else knows coffs harbor, brisbane and the surrounding areas you'll know how hard it is.

East coast a shit

WE DONT EVEN HAVE GOOD INTERNET

I can't get a job. You can't count. Personally I think I got the better end of that deal.

i don't get feedback most times. sometimes i get absolutely useless feedback that did not fit with how the interview went.

one has to deal with the stupidity of the situation.

i interview for technical roles.

correct the interviewer about something? i'll most likely flunk the interview.

don't share an opinion about a technology with an interview? i'll most likely flunk the interview.

dress totally differently to the interviewers? i'll most likely flunk the interview.

no culture fit with the interviewers? definitely flunk the interview.

i just have to deal with it, try and learn from it, try and improve, and move on.

Wow, the Independent Australia.
Truly one of the most respectable Think Tanks.
No bias what so ever.

>Trusting any think tank, ever

I can count on you still being an unemployed scrub in 20 years time. So has the gov got you on the work for the dole program yet?

>sources numbers direct from the Finance Department
>IT MUST BE BIASED
Seriously, do you want someone to send you an exit bag or something?

You mean the legalised slavery program? Nah, I went and acquired some cheap useless qualifications instead.

>And Australians still go on about how New Zealand is backwards.
Just so you know we are expecting gigabit internet in my city next month.

>legalised slavery
You may not realise it, but people on the work for the dole program pick up full time employment quite quick, as employers are able to see first hand how the person works. Everything's a gateway to a job if you're prepared to get dirty and work hard.

Every Australian government state and federal fails to understand the necessity of investing in technology.

They're luddites with no brains.

>people on the work for the dole program pick up full time employment quite quick
Jesus fucking christ. I didn't know the LNP had shills on Cred Forums. Did anyone else know this before now? Look at the fucker, he's just ignoring all the evidence that doesn't support his twisted nonsensical position just like a Young Liberal.

But New Zealand is backwards. Literally so. You guys went for FTTN first, discovered how obviously bullshit it was, then went with fibre. We went with fibre first, then elected a bunch of incompetent corrupt fucks to government, they wrecked it all, and here we are. :^)

> You may not realise it, but people on the work for the dole program pick up full time employment quite quick, as employers are able to see first hand how the person works.

this was proven to be wrong by the government's own research.

>There is no such thing as twisting stats.
I'm not disagreeing with you here, Abbott fucked up and I don't like defending him.
Here's the thing too, even Turnbull agrees that the stimulus package in O8 was justified.

Sauce?

>people on the work for the dole program pick up full time employment quite quick
Fucking kek mate.

You obviously have no experience with actually being in any of these situations you're such an expert on.

I got what i voted for.

stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=51396
however, Australia has always ran a fairly decent GDP. I hate scare mongering, especially when it was fro Abbott, but contained budget deficits aren't that big of a deal.
Even the article makes not of this with Germany as an example

>TPG

I feel so sorry for you. Not being able to game on 92/35 must be so terrible.

Not defending Abbott, I just think there's a lot of emotion in this thread right now.

>Labor is at fault for the deficit!
>We're going to fix it!
>Increase the defecit
>Trust us this again promise we'll do better
>Increase it further
>Tell you what though boy those defecits sure aren't worth worrying about!

Do you even understand how brainwashed you have to be to act this way?

At no point have I said that the deficits were inherently bad. (Although the wasteful spending by the LNP is severe bullshit.) Some chucklefuck on here still was under the delusion that Labor recklessly spends and Liberal is fiscally responsible. Had to disabuse him of that notion.

0 problems ever.
YMMV, but TPG has never failed me, no ISP really has because i know full well what I'm doing.

I didn't vote Liberal mate.
And I don't support Abbott, and I find his hypocrisy horrible.

BRING BACK KEVIN REEEEE

>there's a lot of emotion in this thread right now
That's what happens when corruption and incompetence in government and media gets this bad. Give it a few years and we'll be juuuuust liiiiike America.

The problem is letting the government getting their hands involved with the internet in the first place. The solution is less government, not more.

i doubt it'll get that bad. That system only favours the crazies getting in office (especially the tea party).
I hope after this election something good will come from government.

>he thinks the market will fix it
>in australia
>despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary (cable wars ring a bell?)
>hell, he thinks infrastructure competition makes any sense at all, ever
KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F

I'm pretty young mate, what was the cable wars?
(Not the guy you were responding to)

>Compare the pair:
>Greens ~10% vote, 1 seat
>Nationals ~4% vote, 7+ seats

What's the problem? Basing seats off of district instead of popular vote is a good thing. If you want to live in a mobocracy then move somewhere else.

But the problem began with government. They started Telstra, then privatized it.

Labor stepped in and decided to make it a government problem again, whether that was good or bad is arguable, but what has happened to the NBN has been horrible.

Approx half our politicians are batshit insane at this point. Our system isn't much better than theirs.

Personally, I'm fucking off to New Zealand at the first opportunity.

Anyone in particular you don't like?

>NZ
>bent over for FBI for them to raid him

top kek.

>he thinks the government will fix it
>when the government always fucks up everything everywhere forever

Stay delusional retard.

>But the problem began with government.

That's what I said. They shouldn't have been involved in the first place.

>That system only favours the crazies getting in office (especially the tea party).

If you think the "tea party" is crazy then there is no hope left for you. Enjoy your socialism faggot.

>KEVIN 07 GONE BY 11 BACK IN BY 17
IF ONLY :(

A time when Telstra and Optus competed with cable infrastructure, rolling it out side by side down the same cherrypicked streets because neither would let the other use theirs. Then they discovered that doubling up the capital outlay like that made it so that there was no profit to be had, no way to recoup costs, at all. So the rollouts stopped. But evidently from that other user, Australia learned nothing.

>he doesn't see a problem with two party lock-in
>he doesn't know about mixed member proportional

australian businesses are fucking retards
>offshore everything
>waaa why are consumers complaining and quitting our horrible company

accc.gov.au/system/files/Telstra submission in response to Optus submission - Public version - June 2008.pdf
talking about this?

Nah mate, fucking Bob Hawke and Keating did a lot for this country.

>him
Kim Dotcom*

By all means the guy probably should have got raided, but it goes to show you how weak NZ is.

>That's what I said. They shouldn't have been involved in the first place.

Gov has always been in telco, they started Telstra and essentially made a monopoly. she shot themselves in the foot but it didn't start bleeding until internet usage picked up.

How can we possibly get any bigger retards in politics than Abbot and Malcom Tardbullshit

God only knows how bad 202x wil lbe

Less government is the reason our telecommunications infrastructure is in the shitter. The NBN was supposed to be the government stepping up where Telstra would not.

Telstra is basically the telecommunications monopoly in Australia renamed from Telecom, which was a government department until it was sold off in the 90s to one corporation. Because they inhereted all of Australia's infrastructure, they just sat on it as king of the hill.

Turnbull isn't that bad, it's more he's by the balls by the Tony Abbott conservatives.

No, the rollout happened in the late 90s I'm pretty sure.

>Turnbull
>ozcar affair, nbn sabotage, constantly lying his ass off
>not bad
You are one of those delusional fucks who voted the LNP back in, aren't you?

DAILY REMINDER THAT IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL PATRIOTIC AUSTRALIANS TO PUNCH ANY TELSTRA EMPLOYEE THEY SEE IN THE FACE

reddit.com/r/australia/comments/1stklc/australians_should_never_forgive_nor_forget_that/

>inb4 plebbit

I have telstra tech friends. They are just doing their jobs. The suits are the punchable ones.

That's pretty interesting, do you have anything in particular that I can look at?
baka.com.au/national/turnbull-hammered-by-voters-20090628-d1at.html
Guy had his approval rating drop when he was dealing in dirty business. The way it should be.
zdnet.com/article/australia-cannot-afford-more-politicking-with-nbn-turnbull/
Bit more complex than just "sabotage" but yeah I agree with you that this shouldn't have been politicized.
>delusional fucks who voted the LNP back in, aren't you?
No, calm the fuck down mate and have some apple juice.

>just doing their jobs
That excuse didn't fly for the nazis, and it shouldn't fly here. Tell them to start applying for jobs with the distinguished competition and leave Telstra as soon as they can.

>distinguished competition
Like who exactly?
>inb4 someone has the balls to say optus, or even dodo.

>anything in particular i can look at?
It's easy enough to find the odd reference to it, but I'm having trouble getting any detailed articles. Possibly because it happened back before the internet got popular with normies and newspapers.

I *would* have said iiNet, but y'know, that takeover...

Shame, closest thing I could find was that ACCC document briefly mentioning the late 90s competition between Optus and Telstra

iiNet also don't do much backhaul work.

Yeah, backhaul you probably have a choice of Telstra, Optus, and maybe Vodafone as a distant third?

Liberal Party:
>sells off Telstra, basically handing them a monopoly and destroying any hope of us ever having decent internet
>introduces 50% capital gains tax concession, creating one of the largest property bubbles ever (the price of housing almost doubled in a single year for crying out loud)
>gives so much money to private schools that they will soon be receiving more public funding than public schools
>idiots still vote for them for some reason

Do you guys have access to EBSCOHOST Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre? most local library's have it.

National Library might have it too...

>equating Telstra to nazis
They're not THAT bad. They're not that good either, but at least they don't go around KILLING PEOPLE.
>implying people applying for a job should inherit all of the company's sins
>implying if this were the case, then we most definitely all are personally responsible for black slavery and owe reparations

if you own a house and send your kids to private school you'd probably vote liberal.

paying $200 a month for phone, internet and foxtel
get about 120kb/s down, 4kb/s up
on the plus side, i'm getting 1TB download limit a month

fuck this country

>foxtel
you're paying for part of the problem.

Oh no, if I was going to compare anyone to the nazis it would be the current incarnation of the LNP. Under Abbott they were certainly fascist enough. I just brought them up to illustrate that "just doing your job" shouldn't be an excuse for helping an incredibly unethical organisation.

I'm not trying to excuse liberals for fucking it over or fucking over the nbn. Just never forget that while labour tried to clean up liberals mess from a decade prior by pushing the nbn, they were also pushing to censor the shit out of it.

Never forget Steven Conroy.

funnily enough, I didn't even ask for it, either, nor did it show up in the plan. might move to iinet, since they're the only other ISP that says they service my area
I also don't watch foxtel, so I'm fucking myself over with it

How was Howard then?

i pay $68 for 25/5 fixed wireless nbn unlimited

on the upside it truely is unlimited.

On the down side its fixed wireless nbn thats conguested as fuck on my local tower and i get 30mbit/10mbit max

Why they havent rolled out 100/100mbit and buinsses plans i dont know

I'm guessing at that speed you'll be on telstra backhaul no matter what you go to. I'm sorry buddy :(

Labor has been known to play fast and loose with promising things to get support from one or two MPs then maneuvering around to get out of it. Ask Andrew Wilkie. In the case of the internet filter I believe there was a Family First senator they were courting, and I have no idea how serious the plan was. I still don't like them for it.

Howard was before I started paying serious attention to politics. Hell, I graduated high school only a year before he was ousted.

who did you vote for

>100/100
Symmetrical plans don't make sense on the GPON setup the NBN had. There's inherently more capacity on the down side.

Well then its a shit system.

Granted only uploading do atm is p2p

I refused to enrol until this year, and even then only did so reluctantly since I finally found myself in a marginal electoral division. Probably won't vote again any time soon. Like hell am I going to support the broken non-functional electoral system we have to put up with.

Yeah that's weird.
Ive had fixed wireless friends get 50/20 or more tests and at the end its just like "thanks, now you go back to normal"

Guess they are managing expectations :/

As far as I know it's like that to avoid the physical space issues running direct fibre to everyone has. And a ratio of 2.5x down/up isn't bad at all.

I like that, did you pay the fine?

>Guess they are managing expectations :/
i get faster speeds through my optus 4g htc :(
40mbit might be fine for end users but it would be an absolute headache for buisnesses that need more

they probably already have their own internet anyway though

Nah, since I wasn't enrolled I effectively didn't exist, and I actually voted in this year's federal election. I'll pick up some fines when I don't vote in future though.

(Preferenced some random independent candidate first, and put Labor higher than Liberal, if you're wondering.)

opinions on the greens?

They're the ones getting screwed over the most by the current electoral system. Their policies on supertrawlers, nuclear power, immigration and affirmative action are utterly retarded. Aside from that I find myself agreeing with quite a lot of the rest of their platform. A Labor/Green coalition would probably make a decent government. For the Senate I vote Pirate instead.

Isn't every Labor government a Labor/Green government

Only the 2010 one. So far.

How do you feel about Xenophon?
Also where do you get your news from?

I posted a thread but I'll ask here

Is youtube fucked for anyone else or just me?

I'm in NSW, he's in SA. So I don't pay much direct attention to him. He does provide a very good example of how to gain significant power under the current system though. Gotta geographically concentrate your vote. Also, unlike what the media will tell you, it's actually Xenophon and not Hanson who is currently the most powerful politician in the country. Labor needs him to block any legislation, the Liberals need him to pass any legislation, with almost everyone else being fairly predictable.

And I read things on the internet a lot.

Who do you like in NSW?

On a state level? NSW is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, only exceeded by the autocratic single party state of Queensland (seriously, 2012) to the north. So nobody. Also Labor/Liberal generally keep a tight enough rein on their members that I haven't felt the need to care about any one of them in particular.

east Australia here

we're getting gigabit national internet in 2 days

Do tell
Just you im sucking down 25mbit like a boss cunt mate

chorus.co.nz/chorus-launches-gigabit-wholesale-broadband-services-nationwide

Welp australia is retarded

lucky kiwis

>>"hurr i know everything and can see into the future"
Literally a few lines before this you wrote
>Lol its only going to get worse the more shitskins and mudslime trash enter the country

You. Fucking. Retard.

fuck off sjw

Irishfag here

Quite content with my new 1mb/s internet

Not sure what you lads are complaining about

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

I actually know someone on fttn. He got a 25/5 plan, partly because he's not huge on excessive downloading, lives alone, partly because he didn't want to splurge and get 100/40 only to find out that his actual sync speed is basically a sliver above what he gets with 25/5.

I'm on tpg for adsl2+ on a tesltra port, only thing that's shit is international routing, really. 200-300 ping to singapore.

>gigabit fibre, with a free xbone s. NZ Here :>)
Jesus fucking christ.

Wogs whining about the NBN. They are surprised that it didn't turn out like they thought. Everyone else knew Steven Conroy was lying but wish-fulfillment led them by the nose. It was never going to be as good as it was promised. It won't be until the costs come down.

>claiming it was Conroy who lied his ass off
>not Turnbull
KILL YOURSELF LYING LIBERAL SCUM

Conroy is the biggest piece of shit to enter politics. Nobody with a union background should be allowed in government.

As opposed to anyone with a Telstra background. They're fine, of course. :^)

>yfw political parties are really just politician unions

>mfw lnp voters are so stupid they thought they would get labors nbn
>end up with fixed wireless and fttn meme worse than the ADSL2+ Annex M we currently have
FUCK THEM

FUCK THEM ALL TO DEATH

WE COULD HAVE HAD SYMETRICAL 1GBPS BUT THATS DECADES OFF NOW

AND NOW THE NEW NBN POST 2013 ARE FUCKING UP THE CVC PRICING AND GOING HELSTRA LEVELS OF RETARDATION

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The absolute truth is that the united states slows it down around the world with cuck isps from the 5 eyes countries.

ATT,BT,Telstra,BSNL and Telecom Spark new zealand are all using the five eyes suveillance network.

Its why you can type your ip address in reverse into an ip lookup service and reach a DOD Netwrok Centre or Fort Huachua US army cyber command ip address.

The truth of the net is that china and russia are actually has less censorship and better speeds than most westerners.

When your down speed is low look up your ip address in reverse i guarantee it will be a Akamai Technologies ip address.

This is the same reason att sells their fiber with embedded ads as standard or india has a website for locally seeded torrents.

The isps being jews about bandwidth.

The Indians had shitty Internet then the Rothschilds restructured BSNL and a few years later they have goodish download speeds for a 3rd world country

Brian L Roberts and the like wish to profiteer and sucker customers all the time, its time we as consumers fought back.

Get an alternative isp to the major operators.

Use a non isp dns

use a vpn

use a non isp router

use FLOSS software instead

even if you have trouble downloading files,puppy linux is pretty small.

>live in new zealand
>have gigabit internet that performs just as advertised

>tfw tomorrow my connection will be upgraded from 200/200 to 1000/500

Hey Alex Jones, I didn't realize you visited other websites to spread your faggotry and stupidity.

tfw im on 115down/2up and getting 100down/40up nbn in a month

I swear, if Telstra execs and key Liberal party members don't get hauled before a court on an extensive list of corruption charges over this...

Found the liberal with no work experiences, or skills, and bad work ethic, but expects to be paid the same as someone working their arse off all day.

thanks for enabling faggotry and sjw and mudslime infestation and systematic fire sale of all this countries assets you huge fucking faggot

>2016
>believing the wealth will trickle down
Either you're an antisocial sort who wants to see the economy stall with all the capital in the hands of a few, or you're delusional. Possibly both.

yeah it only trickles down to turnbull, gina da hutt and everyone else whos in the matey mate club

Tfw no nbn for another 3 years when I live 20 minutes walking distance to Sydney cbd

If you haven't got NBN already then at this point you're not getting it. Instead you'll get Fraudband(tm), a pointless but extremely costly recycling of the old copper network, complete with ADSL2 speeds! Isn't blatant corruption grand?

>Turnbull

This cuck shit needs to stop.

malcolm turnbull invented the internet

>paying $100/month for 100/40
feels bad

Just gonna point out that Whirlpool is a based as fuck forum