I was thinking about getting the Nexus 5x

I was thinking about getting the Nexus 5x.
I have a lease on the LG G4 and I'm not allowed to root it. It's also completely bloated with T-mobile battery-draining software.
Will I be missing much in this switch??

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/leeco-le-2-review-854463
m.gsmarena.com/leeco_le_2-8053.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you a fucking idiot.

Buy the zuk z2 or Le Max 2

but I want Android 6. Battery life is really important to me and I hear Doze helps out a lot with that.

>wants a Nexus for battery life

AHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Buy an IPhone 7

If you're really about battery life, buy another phone.
I have a Nexus 6p, and I know several people with a 5x - the battery in thr 5x is "okay", the 6p is quite shitty. Everything else is great about these phones, but the battery isnt a reason to buy a nexus.

If you want a jewgle phone, either get the 6P (for battery life, 5X's battery is 470mAh more than the original 5 and it's battery life sucked by default.) Or wait for the Pixel/Pixel XL. Otherwise though, you're better off getting an OP3, or even OP2 but the OP2 lacks official CM support (at least, until recently concerning CM13, not sure about CM14 but the unofficial builds so far have been fine)

Hear.
Take a look at China land I'm sure you can get what you need for a fair price.

>Battery life is really important to me
Don't buy a Nexus 5X then. The battery life is mediocre at best, even though it's a solid phone in every other way
t. 5X owner

Forgot pic

They both come with Android 6 and get decent battery life and are perfectly rootable. Not sure about the zuk, but the le max 2 will work on tmobile.

If you want srock android, updates and big battery life - Motorola moto x play is the way to go

Better than the 5x, that's obvious.

Xperia X Compact

it's so big though
5.7" is insane
I'm already annoyed at my 5.5" G4

I can highly recommend the OnePlus 3. I'm really loving mine. A friend of mine had a 5X for a few weeks but ended up returning it and he's also got a OP3 now. His experience with the 5X wasn't very good, and it tends to start lagging after a few months (from what I've read).

So yeah, can't recommend the 5X, can recommend the OP3.

What about the le 2?

5.5 inch, but 74% screen to body ratio so it shouldn't be big with those little bezels

Hey that's not bad.
And it will work with my Tmobile sim card?

It should, but you have to make sure to get the x520, not the x620 which is mediatek.

Also you should know in advance, there's no micro SD slot and the audio out is through the USB C port.
You can't have it all I guess, but it's still pretty good for the price if you can live with 32GB internal storage. But you'd have suffered the same storage issue on the nexus.

m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/leeco-le-2-review-854463

m.gsmarena.com/leeco_le_2-8053.php

The le max 2 is actually narrower than the g4 according to gsmarena, so if you don't mind the extra height then it's also still a better option that also has the option of 64 or 128GB storage and 6GB ram.

Sorry, read it backwards.
It's only 1.5mm thicker, my bad.

Yeah, I'm probably going to stick with the 5x. Although the battery life is not great, I hear Android 6 doze helps out a lot. It's not like my phone is unlocked 24/7. I'd like to be able to transfer my microsd card, and I'd prefer to have an audio jack. I also like then 5.2" screen size.

It's a nice phone, user, but it's very prone to having numerous issues. I know, because I had one. It's fast, the battery life is very much OK and fast charging is great. HOWEVER: My 5x suffered from bad pixels, random restarts, failing camera, broken compass and on top of this the fingerprint scanner broke down completely. If you google any of these issues, you can find out that they are quite common. Of course it doesn't mean that if you buy one you will have any problems with it whatsoever. Like I've said, when it works it's a great phone for the price. If you're feeling lucky then go ahead, otherwise look somewhere else.

If you do decide to buy one, just remember a couple of things:
1. Don't buy the white version unless you're okay with it being dirty and ugly very quickly.
2. Charging with screen on is EXTREMELY slow, to the point of even slowly losing charge while being plugged in to the stock charger. This is a normal behaviour, confirmed to me by LG.
3. Camera is good but slow to lunch and not fast in general.
4. The vibration motor is a little on the loud side.
5. Weird performance issues happen, like Google Play Music being laggy and having choppy animations. Never happened to me on my Nexus 4, but happened on 5X a lot.

The new Nexus devices(pixel) are coming out in October. Don't buy a Nexus, wait for the Pixel or Pixel XL.

OP, do this:

> if you're willing to double your budget
wait for Pixel and Pixel XL, one week from now

> if not
buy a chinkphone

How is the double window mode? Is the 5X camera still slow as shit or has it improved?

Just switched from LG G4 to LG Nexus 5X. The Android 7 is so much more productive and faster than the bloated LG. Don't hesitate a second.

Double window is good. It's nice to watch YouTube while you chat on messenger or browse the web. Only few camera apps don't support it. Camera is really good, you can take 360deg spherical photos and the image quality is very nice. Pic related, taken with 5x.

never had any of these problems

hnnnng that cake looks delicious. was it delicious?

pretty good

You just got it. Of course you don't have any problems left. How long have you had the phone?

I don't see how that is relevant. How can a vibration become louder over time?